Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,768 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? (902 Views)

Apologies To The Eboes,I Now Realize The SE Is More Developed Than SW / Grumbling In The Military! / Heavy Military Presence In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 6:29pm On Mar 17, 2013
Many Ibos are frequently complaininin that they do not have federal presence and they are marginalized but all the evidence suggests there is more federal presence in the Five states of the SE
Anambra
Enugu,
Imo ,
Abia,
Ebonyi

compared to the five of the SW

Ogun
ondo
Ekiti
Oyo
Osun
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 6:30pm On Mar 17, 2013
eg The SE has Enugu Airport
while the SW has NOTHING
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by Valto(m): 7:34pm On Mar 17, 2013
so airpot is ur yardstick
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 7:40pm On Mar 17, 2013
It is one that is why I opened the thread. I don't know everything and wish to learn more smiley
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by chukwuinya: 7:55pm On Mar 17, 2013
bt it doesnt look lik u wanna learn
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by Abagworo(m): 7:59pm On Mar 17, 2013
The entire Nigeria lacks federal presence but Igbos complain most because they've been unfortunate. Everything in Nigeria is located in Abuja and Lagos so if you subtract Lagos from Yoruba and Abuja from North, then every other place is the same. Port Harcourt does not even have much federal presence either.
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 8:00pm On Mar 17, 2013
chukwuinya: bt it doesnt look lik u wanna learn
If it did I would post a picture of myself in school uniform?
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by johnugwu: 8:01pm On Mar 17, 2013
Some people are just to daft to interact wit. Where did u put murtala mohammed airport in lagos? Is lagos not part of southwest? I hate dealing wit bigots and dats one of d reasons we have not risen beyond dis phase of development in our country. I don't comment on threads like dis but iam forced to do so.
Op shd pls get himself meaningingfully productive instead of spewing out rubbish in d name of opening a thread.

2 Likes

Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 8:02pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo: The entire Nigeria lacks federal presence but Igbos complain most because they've been unfortunate. Everything in Nigeria is located in Abuja and Lagos so if you subtract Lagos from Yoruba and Abuja from North, then every other place is the same. Port Harcourt does not even have much federal presence either.
Lagos was the federal capital and does not count as Western Region .
The western Region is even more neglected than the Old Eastern Region. So it is Not only Ibos Neglected but the old Eastern Region(Enugu) seems to have a much better deal than The old Western region(Ibadan)
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by chax100(f): 8:17pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda: Many Ibos are frequently complaininin that they do not have federal presence and they are marginalized but all the evidence suggests there is more federal presence in the Five states of the SE
Anambra
Enugu,
Imo ,
Abia,
Ebonyi

compared to the five of the SW

Ogun
ondo
Ekiti
Oyo
Osun
Was the omission of Lagos deliberate? Ungrateful Yorubas. SMH!

1 Like

Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 8:37pm On Mar 17, 2013
chax100:
Was the omission of Lagos deliberate? Ungrateful Yorubas. SMH!
Lagos is not and was NEVER part of the Western Region. They joined "NIGERIA" in different ways at Different times .
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by Ngwakwe: 9:10pm On Mar 17, 2013
**********************************************************************************************************

But all Yorubas are Lagosians and all Lagosians are Yorubas

omonnakoda:
Lagos is not and was NEVER part of the Western Region. They joined "NIGERIA" in different ways at Different times .

1 Like

Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 9:27pm On Mar 17, 2013
Ngwakwe: **********************************************************************************************************

But all Yorubas are Lagosians and all Lagosians are Yorubas

I fail to see the relevance of That;
many Beninoise and Togolese are Yoruba, many Northerners too(millions of them) are Yoruba and many from the SS too are Yoruba
Austrians are Deutsche but not Germans.etc
I am talking about SW and SE two specific Geographical spaces and their derived benefits from the FGN
not Yoruba and anything else
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by Nightshift(m): 9:36pm On Mar 17, 2013
omonnakoda: I fail to see the relevance of That;
many Beninoise and Togolese are Yoruba, many Northerners too(millions of them) are Yoruba and many from the SS too are Yoruba
Austrians are Deutsche but not Germans.etc
I am talking about SW and SE two specific Geographical spaces and their derived benefits from the FGN
not Yoruba and anything else
Austrians speak Deutsch but they are Austrians, while Germans speak Deutsch and they are Deutschen. Have you ever been to South East?
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Mar 17, 2013
Op I think you have a big problem,of a truth the people of south east can not boast of any meaningful thing from FG.visit Ibadan alone op then come back and tell us ur observations
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 10:11pm On Mar 17, 2013
chiover: Op I think you have a big problem,of a truth the people of south east can not boast of any meaningful thing from FG.visit Ibadan alone op then come back and tell us ur observations
why not just tell us are the streets of Ibadan paved with gold or was there an FG scheme to change their rusty roofs grin
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 10:13pm On Mar 17, 2013
Nightshift: Austrians speak Deutsch but they are Austrians, while Germans speak Deutsch and they are Deutschen. Have you ever been to South East?
Yes I have been to every state in the SE what about you?
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 10:14pm On Mar 17, 2013
As this thread progresses we shall see that the SE as a zone has got the better deal if not the best in the country
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by fkaz(m): 10:56pm On Mar 17, 2013
@op What will you benefit from the comparison?
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by omonnakoda: 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
fkaz: @op What will you benefit from the comparison?
Don't worry about my yansh. I use water to wash am when i s.hit
Re: Federal Presence in SE Is Greater Than SW Why The Grumbling ? by akintun: 11:51pm On Mar 17, 2013
Abagworo: The entire Nigeria lacks federal presence but Igbos complain most because they've been unfortunate. Everything in Nigeria is located in Abuja and Lagos so if you subtract Lagos from Yoruba and Abuja from North, then every other place is the same. Port Harcourt does not even have much federal presence either.
Lagos was the federal capital and does not count as Western Region .
The western Region is even more neglected than the Old Eastern Region. So it is Not only Ibos Neglected but the old Eastern Region(Enugu) seems to have a much better deal than The old Western region(Ibadan)

Actually a large part of present day Lagos was part of d western region. Even d whole of Ikeja up to ilupeju was part of d western region

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Celebrities Are Unpatriotic / March 19: Bomb Blasts In Borno, 6 Soldiers Feared Dead, Two Others Injured / Nigeria Is Not Improving It's Human Development Index - UNDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.