Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,634 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? (3264 Views)

Good Guys Are Boring. Do You Agree? / Why Are All The Good Guys Taken? / Why Do Good Guys Always Lose Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by jkpretty(f): 8:47am On Mar 27, 2008
When good guys hurt u, u find it hard to forgive cos the pain remains so intense and u might probably not forget. Or break up. But for a bad guy u can easily overlook the same offense. Does this fall under the category of the adage "Life isn't fair". Or a thing of choice? undecided
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by efuah(f): 8:53am On Mar 27, 2008
The pain is deep bcus we think they are too harmless to hurt an ant. . . too good. . . next to angels, but they are not.  Nobody is really good dear.  We all have a percentage of evil in us, but as rational as one can be, u put your actions to check.  This is what i was talking about sometime ago. . . we trust some "good guys" to the core.  In relationships, be ready for both. . . negative n positive.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by opokonwa(m): 9:19am On Mar 27, 2008
jkpretty:

When good guys hurt u, u find it hard to forgive because the pain remains so intense and u might probably not forget. Or break up. But for a bad guy u can easily overlook the same offense. Does this fall under the category of the adage "Life isn't fair". Or a thing of choice? undecided

What exactly do you mean by good guys?

Who is a good guy in this context
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by jkpretty(f): 9:28am On Mar 27, 2008
opokonwa:

I'm sure u know the meaning of "good" & the meaning of "bad". This shouldn't give u a headache. Borrow from efuah.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by pahtahkee: 9:37am On Mar 27, 2008
The keyword here is TRUST. undecided

It is the determinant to a good relationship or a heartache. You already think a good guy is trust reliable, but it is not always so. On the other hand, you already know a bad guy is bad no need to trust him and when he messes it up, you are free from heartache.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by almondjoy(f): 9:39am On Mar 27, 2008
jkpretty:

When good guys hurt u, u find it hard to forgive because the pain remains so intense and u might probably not forget. Or break up. But for a bad guy u can easily overlook the same offense. Does this fall under the category of the adage "Life isn't fair". Or a thing of choice? undecided

Wrong!  Speak for yourself.  I will hurt but it will go away because I forgive easily.  Having lived a good childhood and a good adulthood. . . I am a stranger to unhappiness because I just don't give people that kind of power over me. Where I cannot forgive you. . .I forget you very easily.  Life is very fair and it is a thing of choice.  If you want to live. . .you will live.  If you want to die. . .then you will have lots of help and no one will give a damn!

You can only give people the power to hurt you if you are weak and have no alternatives to make yourself happy.  If you are beautiful. . .independent. . .sexy. . .lovable. . . and just outright human, you will always have options to make you happy.

Halle Berry and Jennifer Lopez come to mind.  Never give anyone the power to leave any kind of hurt in you when he or she leaves your life.  Package that hurt and send it with them so they can get their own "just rewards" in the future too.  If you let it stay with you. . . your happiness and success go with them. kiss

It is not about good guy or bad guy. . . .it is all about you!

No one is indispensable I say!
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by danity: 9:40am On Mar 27, 2008

I agree with Efuah!
The level of expectation differs according to the badness of the guy. You expect a good guy to be responsible and adhering to all your rules. On the other hand - you expect a bad guy to misbehave. That's why.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by almondjoy(f): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2008
opokonwa:

My point exactly! It is all the the girl's mind jare!
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by jkpretty(f): 10:00am On Mar 27, 2008
@Aj

This isn't about the person concerned. I think its a thing of expectations. Its not a matter of proving urself & or letting someone have power over u. The truth is when there's a break up someone must hurt. Now the hurt may vary. Two different guys commit the same offense and one can be easily pardoned & the other is unpardonable. This has nothing to do with ur person. I just notice this happens a lot. Some men can be forgiven over & over again while some won't.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by Joey82(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2008
@jk, hi
In truth, there isnt any good guy ( as in 100% good), it all depends on situations at a particular point in time and your expectations from d relationship. Sometimes, guys u think cant hurt a fly can actually turn to bite hard and d ones that look bad can actually be good within.
Most importantly, a guy treats a girl according to what he wants from her.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by bebe2007(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2008
It hurts so much when someone you least expect hurts you. Speaking from experience, its one of the worst feelings i have had in ages. The ache just refuses to go away. When its a bad guy, you are ready and waiting for it to happen but this said "good guy" just takes you unawares. He really did stab my heart. Trying to forgive and forget the whole thing though havent got a choice.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by Busta(f): 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2008
@jk

such is life and life ain't fair.
one way or the other . . .we gotta learn to deal with things like this.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by zheroes(m): 2:50pm On Mar 27, 2008
whoever hurts you is a bad guy!!! good guys go all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to the ALTAR, Unless it becomes unavoidably necessary.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by jkpretty(f): 3:12pm On Mar 27, 2008
zheroes:

whoever hurts you is a bad guy!!! good guys go all the wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to the ALTAR, Unless it becomes unavoidably necessary.
Yeah and the truth is that the good guy might still want to go to the altar with u. But he hurt remains unpardonable. And u'll rather break up. Or are u saying good guys don't hurt?
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by zheroes(m): 3:18pm On Mar 27, 2008
jkpretty:

Yeah and the truth is that the good guy might still want to go to the altar with u. But he hurt remains unpardonable. And u'll rather break up. Or are u saying good guys don't hurt?

may be am not getting you clearly, hurt as in heartbreak or just getting you angry over trivial issues?
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by jkpretty(f): 3:24pm On Mar 27, 2008
Any kind of hurt that could bring heartbreak.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by Imani(f): 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2008
bebe2007:

It hurts so much when someone you least expect hurts you. Speaking from experience, its one of the worst feelings i have had in ages. The ache just refuses to go away. When its a bad guy, you are ready and waiting for it to happen but this said "good guy" just takes you unawares. He really did stab my heart. Trying to forgive and forget the whole thing though havent got a choice.

Sorry about your experience embarassed. I love with my head rather than heart. My heart is too precious to allow any man to break, hurt or stab cool. Maybe my temperament has something to do with it
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by nana(f): 3:32pm On Mar 27, 2008
I agree with Efuah
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 27, 2008
because you think that they are so nice they can't possibly hurt you in any way yeah right when it comes to the bad guys, it's almost expected of them to do something to hurt you possibly therefore it doesnt hurt as much?  sad
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 27, 2008
I avoid anything that will bring hurt.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by jkpretty(f): 4:09pm On Mar 27, 2008
stillwater:

I avoid anything that will bring hurt.

U can't avoid hurt all ur life, atimes the more protective u are of urself, the more vulnerable u become. Much more, hurt doesn't knock on the door, it comes when u are unguarded. That's why hurts.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by yemivictor: 4:34pm On Mar 27, 2008
I agree with almondjoy completely!

We should learn to forgive because it is a virtue in itself!!

And i dare say that i'm a living witness & beneficiary of almondjoy's large heart!!!

Her graciousness @ forgiving easily also!!

What a wonderful lady she is! kiss kiss kiss

And i hear she's not bad looking & that she's got cute nails too!!! wink

I happen to have a fetish for cute nails! grin . . . . . . . .

A big kiss to you AJ!

Mmmwwaaaaaaaaaaahh!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by zheroes(m): 4:47pm On Mar 27, 2008
yemivictor:

And i dare say that i'm a living witness & beneficiary of almondjoy's large heart!!!

A big kiss to you AJ!

Mmmwwaaaaaaaaaaahh!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss :-

I hope you took permission from Mr. Almond.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by yemivictor: 5:23pm On Mar 27, 2008
zheroes:

I hope you took permission from Mr. Almond.

No worry!

Me & Mr. Almond get accord! grin grin grin
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by ifyalways(f): 5:33pm On Mar 27, 2008
@topic,am more along AJ's lines . . .its all abt ME not HIM cool
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by ladybird: 5:56pm On Mar 27, 2008
no good guy would hurt.so the issue of good guys hurting u is out of it.
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by PERVERT9: 6:07pm On Mar 27, 2008
the reason why its so deep is that good guys have long "thing" the longer the deeper
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by tommyex(m): 6:24pm On Mar 27, 2008
EFUAH did much justice to this topic
sweety,how ur family?
Hope he is good to you cheesy grin
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by tommyex(m): 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2008
Pervert
can u be serious?jus 4 this thread
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by PERVERT9: 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2008
tommyex:

Pervert
how serious would you like me to be? abeg o
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by almondjoy(f): 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2008
yemivictor:

A big kiss to you AJ!

Mmmwwaaaaaaaaaaahh!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Mmmmwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam to you too! kiss Easy ooooooooooh! No deprive me of ma ration this nignt! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Na your bed I go come sleep!

On a serious note,

But hey. . . girls are just too sensitive and expect too much. The sad part is that they would rationalize a good guy's bad behaviour and demonize a[b] bad guy's behaviour![/b] But guess what. . . both guys did the same thing! What is that? undecided

yemivictor:

No worry!

Me & Mr. Almond get accord! grin grin grin

Exactly! wink

ifyalways:

@topic,am more along AJ's lines . . .its all about ME not HIM cool

Simple!

PERVERT9:

the reason why its so deep is that good guys have long "thing" the longer the deeper

hahahahahahahahaha! grin

tommyex:

Pervert

hahahahahahahahahahaha! grin
Re: When Good Guys Hurt U, The Pain Is So Deep. Why? by almondjoy(f): 7:21pm On Mar 27, 2008

jkpretty (f)
Lagos

Re: When Good Guys Hurt You, The Pain Is So Deep. Why?
« #8 on: Today at 10:00:22 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Aj

This isn't about the person concerned. I think its a thing of expectations. Its not a matter of proving yourself & or letting someone have power over u. The truth is when there's a break up someone must hurt. Now the hurt may vary. Two different guys commit the same offense and one can be easily pardoned & the other is unpardonable. This has nothing to do with your person. I just notice this happens a lot. Some men can be forgiven over & over again while some won't.

It's to a certain point in life. . . you know what to expect from "humans" as a whole.  No surprises.  Like I said, you can never trust anyone with your most prized possession. . . your heart.  Good guy or bad guy. . . .they both have the potentials to hurt.  You loved the "bad" guy didn't you?

Example. . . if a good guy rapes you, you will feel more hurt than if a bad guy rapes you? undecided

Focus: rape is rape. 

author=Imani link=topic=122879.msg2097714#msg2097714 date=1206628227]
Sorry about your experience embarassed. I love with my head rather than heart. My heart is too precious to allow any man to break, hurt or stab cool. Maybe my temperament has something to do with it

Simple! I wish women would take more control over their emotions!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spoil Me / Can A Smoker Marry A Nonsmoker And Live Happily Ever After? / How To Make Your Crush Notice You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.