Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,564 members, 7,840,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

What Is The Madness Behind Making A Phrase "My Oga At The Top" Important - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Madness Behind Making A Phrase "My Oga At The Top" Important (543 Views)

Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) / Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. / My Oga At The Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Madness Behind Making A Phrase "My Oga At The Top" Important by Inova(m): 1:42am On Mar 18, 2013
Throughout the whole of last week I had been barraged with this silly "My Oga at the Top" phrase to no end.
Uncreative jokers hv finally discovered how to joke with phrases till its starts to stink in peoples ears.
Now my Take on this is:
1) It is unprofessional of Channels crew to act as crude as they did. Interviews are not meant to be used to bully people. If there's any personal issue they hv with the person being interviewed it should be done off the camera. You will not understand this until put urself in his shoes. I was once embarased on media once when I misquoted the wrong facts. This due to the fact dat I didn't want to sound ignorant. It was a lesson I learnt dat day. Ever since no presenter catches me unawares. I will not attend ur show if you don't outline your questions.
2) Mr Shem the NSCDC Commandant is probably not a very important man. And I'm sure most of you did not know him until now hence why I'm wondering why the extent of the humiliation on the poor guy. NSCDC is just more of a paramilitary outfit designed to SUPPORT other security units like military, police etc. To me I see them more like a Boys Scout or Boys Brigade with Federal govt backing. Nothing special about them. Beside I used to think dia work was voluntary.
Now from what u have read so far I hope u can now see the reason why I wasn't really expecting a thoroughly educated person manning his position. I'm sure you as an educated person wuld not take up his job if there were adequate jobs out there.

I put a colleague of mine making jest of the poor NSCDC Commandant to the test. Lo and behold he didn't even know his office website address arguing dat he doesn't hv any use for it. And dats a young man oh.

The next Joke that will soon go viral is when the Notorious Channels television decides to Interview the president of NURTW

1 Like

Re: What Is The Madness Behind Making A Phrase "My Oga At The Top" Important by ndukwejoe(m): 3:04am On Mar 18, 2013
you have made your point, could you permit me to ask my oga @ the top, that is what that oga would have said and this whole debacle wouldnt have been felt, he just lacked "sincerity".
Re: What Is The Madness Behind Making A Phrase "My Oga At The Top" Important by Inova(m): 1:09pm On Mar 18, 2013
ndukwejoe: you have made your point, could you permit me to ask my oga @ the top, that is what that oga would have said and this whole debacle wouldnt have been felt, he just lacked "sincerity".
Like I said earlier a list of questions to be asked should be put forward to him for easy preparation. Its only counter questions dat are excluded. The essence of an interview is to hv the viewers informed.
He goofed. But even you would have done d same. Who wants to be sacked in this era we are in

(1) (Reply)

ICT Trainings Should Be Priotized In Public Sector / Jonathan, Amaechi clash again / Political Crisis Imminent In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.