Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,146 members, 7,818,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun (1430 Views)

Tafa Balogun Arrived Court In Handcuffs (Throwback Pic) / Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday / State Pardon For VIP Ex-convicts - A Worthy Step Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by FSU: 3:15am On Mar 18, 2013
Ila indigenes urge Jonathan to pardon Tafa Balogun
March 17, 2013 by Tunde Odesola, Osogbo 13 Comments
former Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Tafa Balogun

former Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Tafa Balogun
| credits: abc News

The people of Ila-Orangun town in Osun State have called on President Goodluck Jonathan to extend state pardon to a former Inspector General of Police, Mr. Tafa Balogun, saying his conviction was political.

Osun State Chairman of the defunct Justice Party, Mr. Adesoji Adeleke, stated this in a telephone interview with our correspondent, on Friday.

Adeleke, who hails from Obalogbo’s compound, Oke-Jigbo, in Okomo Ruling House, Ila-Orangun, said it was wrong of the Federal Government to leave out Balogun in the state pardon.

He said, “We are contacting all Ila parapo on Sunday with a view to knowing what next step to take on the issue. His travail is not unconnected with the politics of succession at that time.

“Is the pardon of a former Governor of Bayesla State, Dieprieye Alamieyesiegha, the sole reason why President Jonathan extended the pardon to some other select individuals? Osun too deserves to enjoy the pardon. We trust that the President will extend the pardon to Balogun.”

A resident of Ila, Group Captain Raimi Ogunbunmi, also called on Jonathan to pardon Balogun, saying the era of the former IG witnessed unprecedented development in the police force.

Explaining that Balogun was a ‘victim of circumstance,’ Ogunbunmi, said it was wrong to jail Balogun at the time.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ila-indigenes-urge-jonathan-to-pardon-tafa-balogun/
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by FSU: 4:00am On Mar 18, 2013
front page pls.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Omen100(m): 5:57am On Mar 18, 2013
We, the friends & family members of Anini hereby ask for presidential pardon for our beloved brother & friend.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by godello: 6:06am On Mar 18, 2013
This is the situation Jonathan has placed us. am ashame of my president.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by seunfly: 6:25am On Mar 18, 2013
Oga jonathan has open door for nonsense, but it will not stop with him and alamaseghia.
Infact we now have a new strategy to steal and papetrate evil instead of using immunity clause we will move to padon clause.
Also i don't blame ila peaple infact boko haram convict will for their own.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by fkaz(m): 6:28am On Mar 18, 2013
Comedy every where

Small time kabiru sokoto(boko haram suspect) and reverend king descendant will call for state pardon also
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Nobody: 6:32am On Mar 18, 2013
Cecilia ibru wants her pardon
So does igbinedion
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by profola2be(m): 6:47am On Mar 18, 2013
No be Oyinbo talk say"What is good for the goose is also good for the gander?)
Moreover,the two of them na thesame offence them commit,infact,Alams own worst pass Tafa own!
I personally wouldn't blame these bunch of Nonentity pleading on Tafa's behalf to get pardoned,I would rather blame the MUGUN,OPONU-AFOFUN GBEMU we have as a President![color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by freebloke: 7:05am On Mar 18, 2013
well sha,
anything wey good for kanda meat suppose dey good for pómó meat.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by dridowu: 7:13am On Mar 18, 2013
Oga Jo has open the door of Pardon. So we all deserve Pardon
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Nobody: 7:16am On Mar 18, 2013
Now it has begun, these and many more were the things that GEJ should have thought of before venturing into the ill-planned/ill-calculated move. As a president, he's supposed to know that, he is like a house on a mountain, and that is the more reason why he should always look on the prospects of all his moves, juxtapose and then execute or discard whatever plans on ground. But ideally, he should have included the likes of Tafa who were yet to be granted state pardons & not otherwise. Well, his act has justified the saying that "common sense is not common".
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Pacesetter2: 7:21am On Mar 18, 2013
Na wetin my oga at the top cause be that
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by vanstanzy(m): 7:25am On Mar 18, 2013
Impossible! But trust our oga@d top, GEJ, to act like a *weenie* n do their bidding. 4 him, everything is possible.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by vanstanzy(m): 7:27am On Mar 18, 2013
THIS LAND IS NOT FOR SALE!BEWARE!MILITARY ZONE, KEEP OFF! angry

Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by preciousoz: 7:28am On Mar 18, 2013
lol.... They should ensure Federal character in this pardon ooo. Osun within their right to ask for pardon. At least a Criminal from each state should be pardoned. grin
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Demdem(m): 7:43am On Mar 18, 2013
Chai, see what and where the retardeen is leading us to. Peeps like saro wiwa and his murdered colleagues are those that deserves pardon, not these thieves that includes alams.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by White007(m): 7:45am On Mar 18, 2013
Just look at what the country has reduced to. "binders full of Pardons"
Comedy of the absurd! SMDH.

Other nations will be saying "see i told you they are bunch of jerks"

The little respect i 've got left for GEJ has just evaporated. He goofed big time.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by goldfish80(m): 7:46am On Mar 18, 2013
Typical naij mentality
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Zonacom(m): 8:03am On Mar 18, 2013
So a handfull of politicians calling for balogun's pardon now amounts to a whole state?? Well, since other political exercises like amnesty and giving of national honours have been made worthless, why not add state pardon too??
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by ochukoccna: 8:06am On Mar 18, 2013
Now see other thieves lobbying for pardon through their people embarassed embarassed
What is good for Alams is good for Tafa when in sane nations, they'll wearing prison overalls lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Wendyslim(f): 8:12am On Mar 18, 2013
profola2be: No be Oyinbo talk say"What is good for the goose is also good for the gander?)
Moreover,the two of them na thesame offence them commit,infact,Alams own worst pass Tafa own!
I personally wouldn't blame these bunch of Nonentity pleading on Tafa's behalf to get pardoned,I would rather blame the MUGUN,OPONU-AFOFUN GBEMU we have as a
President![color=#000099][/color]
he be like say ür brain Dey ür yansh bah mumu. Their offence na desame but the gravity is diff. My oga @ the top no mind am I beg pardon tafa since pardon don become pure water
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by omenka(m): 8:18am On Mar 18, 2013
They have every reason to do so given the precedence that dumbfvck has set. Anyone with a discerning mind shouldave seen this comming, and more.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Geomac: 8:27am On Mar 18, 2013
If Alams can be pardoned, i see no reason why other thieves cannot be pardoned.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by andyanders: 8:33am On Mar 18, 2013
omenka: They have every reason to do so given the precedence that dumbfvck has set. Anyone with a discerning mind shouldave seen this comming, and more.

The truth
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by yampoo(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2013
President Jonathan should also extend his pardon to former Npa chairman Chief Bode George.
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by Nobody: 9:32am On Mar 18, 2013
yampoo: President Jonathan should also extend his pardon to former Npa chairman Chief Bode George.

The goal may be worse - to overturn the conviction
Re: Osun People Ask For Presidential Pardon For Thief Tafa Balogun by akoraye(m): 10:16am On Mar 18, 2013
You too much ma brother! lolZ!
profola2be: No be Oyinbo talk say"What is good for the goose is also good for the gander?)
I personally wouldn't blame these bunch of Nonentity pleading on Tafa's behalf to get pardoned,I would rather blame the MUGUN,OPONU-AFOFUN GBEMU we have as a President![color=#000099][/color]

(1) (Reply)

Former Governor Of Bayelsa Caught Hiding Inside His Bedroom By EFCC [PHOTOS] / Stella Oduah's Ex-husband Speaks About Her N255m Bulletproof Car Mess / JONATHAN May Declare In October. Picture.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.