Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587394 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Goldie20: 9:00pm On May 19, 2013
mozo:

All the best bro

same to you bro.. it shall be well.. !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 9:56pm On May 19, 2013
Onye oma: Pls,my good people, I'm thinking of applying for graduate studies M.A.Sc Chemical Engineering @ University of Waterloo, do they admit students with Naija undergraduate degree What are my chances of getting a positive response if I apply (so I won't end up wasting my precious time and very limited resources)

They admit students with Nigerian undergraduate degree however, as for your chances, only your department can decide that. Apply, get the right LoR, write a very good and detailed SoP, and commit it into the hands of God.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 11:45pm On May 19, 2013
[quote author=Siga]honourableseyi...I understand ur reasons...but the email ..... Alright,thanks i will keep you apprised
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Onyeoma3: 2:26am On May 20, 2013
GboyegaD:

They admit students with Nigerian undergraduate degree however, as for your chances, only your department can decide that. Apply, get the right LoR, write a very good and detailed SoP, and commit it into the hands of God.

Thanx bro...God bless you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 8:22am On May 20, 2013
Plz house, I have a document titled "Registration of Birth",will it b accepted as Birth certificate and how can I get d NPC Birth certificate?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 12:07pm On May 20, 2013
Vfs will not be attending to Canadian applications today due to the public holiday over there (victoria day)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Numerouuuno: 12:25pm On May 20, 2013
[/b]Hi Nairalanders,good afternoon,pls i wan't to seek your opinion/advice on having ♍Ɣ masters(statistics) in canada. What are the necessary things i must have and what process or procedure do i have to follow? i wouldn't mind a step by step explanation. Thank you very much
[b]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 12:36pm On May 20, 2013
gwobo: Plz house, I have a document titled "Registration of Birth",will it b accepted as Birth certificate and how can I get d NPC Birth certificate?

The doc u av with you..does it have the coat of arm logo? Is it on a white paper?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 12:52pm On May 20, 2013
@All::: please to does who have done their Medical Exams, please can i have an idea how much its gonna cost because my sponsor wants to know before giving me money(any how)....please ur help is needed here...

Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:00pm On May 20, 2013
Numero uuuno: [/b]Hi Nairalanders,good afternoon,pls i wan't to seek your opinion/advice on having ♍Ɣ masters(statistics) in canada. What are the necessary things i must have and what process or procedure do i have to follow? i wouldn't mind a step by step explanation. Thank you very much
[b]

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/study-etudie/index.aspx?menu_id=3
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 1:04pm On May 20, 2013
i_am_saheed: @All::: please to does who have done their Medical Exams, please can i have an idea how much its gonna cost because my sponsor wants to know before giving me money(any how)....please ur help is needed here...

Thanks.
??...please i need an idea asap.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:12pm On May 20, 2013
i_am_saheed: ??...please i need an idea asap.

˚☺k°ªª¥... If you need an idea.
It's less than 35k
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 1:30pm On May 20, 2013
dommakavelli:

˚☺k°ªª¥... If you need an idea.
It's less than 35k

okay thanks alot bruv....but some one told me her husband used about 70-100k ??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 1:55pm On May 20, 2013
i_am_saheed:

That's possible... sometimes due to results obtained from the routine test, the applicant may be required to do further tests which come at additional cost of course.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by iamsaheed(m): 1:58pm On May 20, 2013
Robbie37:

That's possible... sometimes due to results obtained from the routine test, the applicant may be required to do further tests which come at additional cost of course.

aii thanks alot, now ild know how to explain to my uncle...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 2:30pm On May 20, 2013
dommakavelli:

The doc u av with you..does it have the coat of arm logo? Is it on a white paper?
There's no coat of arms on it and it's a brown paper. Hw can the NPC own be obtained?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 2:48pm On May 20, 2013
i_am_saheed:

28k to be specific
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ancient1: 3:16pm On May 20, 2013
kk
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 3:26pm On May 20, 2013
Can stocks be considered as part of your proof of funding. May be as complementary to your account balance as at visa app submission?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 4:28pm On May 20, 2013
onuawuchi: Can stocks be considered as part of your proof of funding. May be as complementary to your account balance as at visa app submission?

I think stocks would be considered more like a home tie, but not Funding
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:14pm On May 20, 2013
mozo:

I think stocks would be considered more like a home tie, but not Funding
...Bro...u are wrong on that ...its part of financial stands bro....Stocks, bonds all same as bank account....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:38pm On May 20, 2013
Dear All,

Kindly help with any relevant information on this issue. I applied for study permit to resume for a PhD admission at the University of Saskatchewan in Sept. I did not fill out the COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIP form because I did not understand it. Now, I just spoke with a friend in Canada, and he thinks I should try to update my information at the Canadian embassy before leaving Nigeria, as I am sure to get married before leaving. Is it possible to update information for an application that is being processed? I applied as single, and I will be married before going- which would mean inviting my fiancee over. What should I do. I need all the answers I can get... Thank u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 5:44pm On May 20, 2013
Shadams: Dear All,

Kindly help with any relevant information on this issue. I applied for study permit to resume for a PhD admission at the University of Saskatchewan in Sept. I did not fill out the COMMON-LAW RELATIONSHIP form because I did not understand it. Now, I just spoke with a friend in Canada, and he thinks I should try to update my information at the Canadian embassy before leaving Nigeria, as I am sure to get married before leaving. Is it possible to update information for an application that is being processed? I applied as single, and I will be married before going- which would mean inviting my fiancee over. What should I do. I need all the answers I can get... Thank u.
....bro, dont mash-up the work of God I beg....filling a common-law form now will require u updating ur financial stuffs as well and docs....not filling it initial means u have no common-law....now if u fill it, how can you justify your reasons for ommiting it...forget the claim u dont understand it....that one no go fly for CDHC...remember u be PhD student....lets be reasonable I beg...leave it the way it is....go ahead with ur marriage and invite ur wife after 6months or a year...no need to rush these things as u dont want to mess up things...but then again, na ur choice...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:53pm On May 20, 2013
Siga: ....bro, dont mash-up the work of God I beg....filling a common-law form now will require u updating ur financial stuffs as well and docs....not filling it initial means u have no common-law....now if u fill it, how can you justify your reasons for ommiting it...forget the claim u dont understand it....that one no go fly for CDHC...remember u be PhD student....lets be reasonable I beg...leave it the way it is....go ahead with ur marriage and invite ur wife after 6months or a year...no need to rush these things as u dont want to mess up things...but then again, na ur choice...

@ oga Siga. Many thanks. I will take your advice. I got scared when I was told that immigrations over there would consider it a LIE if, after 6months or a year of study, I invite my girl (then my wife), I invite her. What is your take. However, thanks for your insights and promptness of response. One love.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:11pm On May 20, 2013
Shadams:

@ oga Siga. Many thanks. I will take your advice. I got scared when I was told that immigrations over there would consider it a LIE if, after 6months or a year of study, I invite my girl (then my wife), I invite her. What is your take. However, thanks for your insights and promptness of response. One love.
.....Yea...just wait till then....Madam go need understand .....when the time is ripe, ask ur boss at the Uni to write u supporting letter as well to aid ur invitation .....I would advise 1yr sha...trust me...it seems long, but not too long...and ensure u visit Naija at least twice to show that u dey miss her alot....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 6:15pm On May 20, 2013
Hey! I see everybody's advising against using company's account. Well I had no choice than to use my sponsor's company acct, that's what he gave me. But I got a reference letter from the bank stating that my sponsor is the sole signatory to the company's account. Added that with a reference letter from him + company documents. Me I believe God sha, this visa still sure. smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 6:23pm On May 20, 2013
Please i need advice, I am about applying for Msc in Mechanical Engineering. I have a good 2:1 degree but most schools talk about finding a supervisor first and these profs don't reply mails. should I go ahead and apply? my considerations are University of Alberta and University of Manitoba. Plz help cos I applying for a January Start and deadlines are approaching. Thanks. any other consideration is welcomed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:24pm On May 20, 2013
Siga: .....Yea...just wait till then....Madam go need understand .....when the time is ripe, ask ur boss at the Uni to write u supporting letter as well to aid ur invitation .....I would advise 1yr sha...trust me...it seems long, but not too long...and ensure u visit Naija at least twice to show that u dey miss her alot....

Thanks my brother. U have done well to relieve a number of intentions. Finally, "to show u dey miss her a lot", is that for her or so that immigrations will understand..? My email is yeku.james@gmail.com; do u mind if u send me yours,if it is not against the rule of the forum, and maybe, we can hook up later? Thank u once again.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 6:32pm On May 20, 2013
olawunmi_samuel: Hey! I see everybody's advising against using company's account. Well I had no choice than to use my sponsor's company acct, that's what he gave me. But I got a reference letter from the bank stating that my sponsor is the sole signatory to the company's account. Added that with a reference letter from him + company documents. Me I believe God sha, this visa still sure. smiley
....Not everyone is advising agaisnt it bro....if u are going to use a company's acct...and if its owned by ur sponsor...ensure u have ur sponsor write a letter stating this and why all his money is under the company's acct....would even be awesome if u can claim u work for the said company and have a program tailored to the company....using a company's acct means the company is sponsoring u...not ur sponsor...but again....u never knw wat CDHC agents dey think....in all...if God is for u...who can be against u?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by onuawuchi: 6:42pm On May 20, 2013
Siga: ...Bro...u are wrong on that ...its part of financial stands bro....Stocks, bonds all same as bank account....
This guy...you've persistently kept my hope standing. You're too helpful to be a Nigerian. I pray God extends this grace of selflessness to self-centered men like me. Please, hold on to what you have,cos it's worth more than the treasures a lot of chase after. Like Yanni would say, greatness is in very little things.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 6:50pm On May 20, 2013
[quote author=gwobo]Please i need advice, I am about applying for Msc in Mechanical Engineering. I have a good 2:1 degree but most schools talk about finding a supervisor first and these profs don't reply mails. should I go ahead and apply? my considerations are University of Alberta and University of Manitoba. Plz help cos I applying for a January Start and deadlines are approaching. Thanks. any other consideration is welcomed.[/quote

My brother,
When u send mails to these profs, are usually very long? U may need to review that. Your first mails should usually be short and straight to the point; they have a lot to do; I guess exams were rounded off in a number of schools some days ago. So, u may want to try again to establish a relationship with some prof who should tell u to go ahead and apply, usually this person is the grad chair. U may also go ahead and apply, but in my case, which cannot be a rule for all, I think getting a prof's views was helpful. I wish u well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olawunmisamuel1: 7:04pm On May 20, 2013
Siga: ....Not everyone is advising agaisnt it bro....if u are going to use a company's acct...and if its owned by ur sponsor...ensure u have ur sponsor write a letter stating this and why all his money is under the company's acct....would even be awesome if u can claim u work for the said company and have a program tailored to the company....using a company's acct means the company is sponsoring u...not ur sponsor...but again....u never knw wat CDHC agents dey think....in all...if God is for u...who can be against u?

I get your point bro. He wrote a letter stating he owns the company but it was hard to establish a correlation between my msc program and what he does. Just hoping for the best. Bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.