Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,671 members, 7,816,760 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (587302 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 1:36pm On May 23, 2013
hayek: The way folks here interprets the questions whether you have stayed in a country above 6 months seems incorrect. If you are a citizen of Nigeria you do not have to pick yes unless you are not. You are a Nigerian citizen who has not stayed in those countries listed for upto 6 months or above. In this regard, being a citizen of a country should not be misconstrued to mean visit. You are citizen of Nigeria and you have not visited or stayed in the countries listed for more than 6 months. In this circumstance you are expected to pick No. Being a citizen and a visitor to a country is NEVER the same.

The question is being asked to determine primarily if you will require a medical test. If you have lived (visitor or citizen) in the listed countries ( Nigeria ) included, in the last six months, then you must answer yes and will be required to go for a medical test. I doubt if answering no will be in your interest.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 1:37pm On May 23, 2013
Hi...Good day to everyone...Please, is there anyone who applied to University of Manitoba for September 2013 and has gotten response about their admission status?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 1:45pm On May 23, 2013
hayek: Are there fellow forumites who have used online application and received call for medical? I used the online application platform on May 2nd, 2013. I used the online thing because it is quite straight forward and not complex like the paper application. I have not heard received any message so far although the duration for visa process is 4-6 months. I n case there has been anyone who used online application and has gotten medicals, please share your story with others. I am going for MA and I an self-sponsored ( I have about $35K in my account) and my workplace wrote to the effect they are supportive of my studies and that I would continue to be in their pay roll even while studying.
I am also interested in learning about the experience of anyone who used the online application process- as at yesterday processing time has reduced to 36 days and they are currently working on applications received on the 3rd of April, 2013. Please anyone that has been called for medicals after submitting online should please share their experience.Thank you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by dommakavelli: 1:54pm On May 23, 2013
ayaba21:
I am also interested in learning about the experience of anyone who used the online application process- as at yesterday processing time has reduced to 36 days and they are currently working on applications received on the 3rd of April, 2013. Please anyone that has been called for medicals after submitting online should please share their experience.Thank you

36 days.
Good news.

Kindly include d source of dis info
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Aduke02(f): 3:26pm On May 23, 2013
i'm also very interested in learning the source of the 36 days processing time!
ayaba21:
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by longebaba: 3:36pm On May 23, 2013
hello sir, i want to travel to canada, what are my requirement sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mosquitoway: 3:49pm On May 23, 2013
Aduke02: i'm also very interested in learning the source of the 36 days processing time!
please can anyone give me a link for the online application and details,is it really faster than paper application,and would it be ok for September 2013 entry date
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 4:13pm On May 23, 2013

ayaba21:

How did u get this information because I submitted my documents on 27th March. Pls I need to know because i'm worried.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by jaymdee(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2013
Pls, what form should the self addressed courier envelope be? Someone should throw more light on this. Do I need to visit a DHL or Fedex office to get one? Pls, I need answers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by hayek: 4:32pm On May 23, 2013
The online application status you looked at are those applications submitted inside Canada and not those submitted outside Canada. The one inside Canada are for those whose study permit has expired or about to expire and would need to renew same.

You can only apply inside Canada if you have been issued a study permit outside canada before and you are within Canada now and the study permit has expired or about to expire. As for whether you are citizen or visitor, there is a difference between the two words. There is no question of semantic misinterpretation about this. You would recollect that in the main application form you were asked your nationality and country where you are applying from and if you are Citizen of country where you are applying from. The requirement is this: Naturally applicants from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Middle East are to undertake a medical test as long as you have resided in any of those country. The argument that this is being asked regarding medical is defeated. As along as you are from Africa, Asia, Middle East or Latin America and have lived in any of those countries for less 6 months and you are citizen, you would need a medical test. The question is clear for us. Have you visited any of these countries in the last 6 month or above 6 months. The question wants to test other things which I cannot pin-point now given the available information at my disposal. If you are a Nigerian Citizen, the answer is NO given the fact that you are not a visitor to Nigeria but a citizen. This information is being asked in the application form itself. Citizen and Visitor are not the same.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:11pm On May 23, 2013
tolulopepeter: Hi...Good day to everyone...Please, is there anyone who applied to University of Manitoba for September 2013 and has gotten response about their admission status?

Yeah, I av been accepted..
Masters in Natural Resources Management
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Numerouuuno: 7:44pm On May 23, 2013
Pls nairalanders,siga,justwise,how do i fill this questionnaire form. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/forms_study-formulaires_etude.aspx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Pricelesss(f): 12:22am On May 24, 2013
Hello Everyone/House, how are you guyz doing I hope your day was great? Though it's morning now.. Lol

Well I intend on traveling to Canada for my PGD and hoping I get a job after and probably get a PR status after a while..

My probz now is dat I still tot the exchange rate was about 120 Canadian dolls to a naira "based on my research work as at the tym I completed my Bsc about 4yrs ago" only to realize today dat it's about 155 Canadian dolls to a Naira"

Ok the real issue.. My budget is about 2.2M.. For both fees Accomodation and feeding .. My province of interest is Manitoba cuz I can easily recover the Money paid for Accomodation cuz I av someone staying dere as well who I can squat with dere by saving Accomodation money. My question is "Can I see a school dat would be dat affordable" cuz 2.2M self no be beans..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 1:09am On May 24, 2013
hayek: The online application status you looked at are those applications submitted inside Canada and not those submitted outside Canada. The one inside Canada are for those whose study permit has expired or about to expire and would need to renew same.

You can only apply inside Canada if you have been issued a study permit outside canada before and you are within Canada now and the study permit has expired or about to expire. As for whether you are citizen or visitor, there is a difference between the two words. There is no question of semantic misinterpretation about this. You would recollect that in the main application form you were asked your nationality and country where you are applying from and if you are Citizen of country where you are applying from. The requirement is this: Naturally applicants from Asia, Africa, Latin America and Middle East are to undertake a medical test as long as you have resided in any of those country. The argument that this is being asked regarding medical is defeated. As along as you are from Africa, Asia, Middle East or Latin America and have lived in any of those countries for less 6 months and you are citizen, you would need a medical test. The question is clear for us. Have you visited any of these countries in the last 6 month or above 6 months. The question wants to test other things which I cannot pin-point now given the available information at my disposal. If you are a Nigerian Citizen, the answer is NO given the fact that you are not a visitor to Nigeria but a citizen. This information is being asked in the application form itself. Citizen and Visitor are not the same.
Hi Hayek, the question on the cic site is- Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?- Nigeria is on of the designated countries, do still think i should answer no?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 1:14am On May 24, 2013
Pricelesss: Hello Everyone/House, how are you guyz doing I hope your day was great? Though it's morning now.. Lol

Well I intend on traveling to Canada for my PGD and hoping I get a job after and probably get a PR status after a while..

My probz now is dat I still tot the exchange rate was about 120 Canadian dolls to a naira "based on my research work as at the tym I completed my Bsc about 4yrs ago" only to realize today dat it's about 155 Canadian dolls to a Naira"

Ok the real issue.. My budget is about 2.2M.. For both fees Accomodation and feeding .. My province of interest is Manitoba cuz I can easily recover the Money paid for Accomodation cuz I av someone staying dere as well who I can squat with dere by saving Accomodation money. My question is "Can I see a school dat would be dat affordable" cuz 2.2M self no be beans..
i used the CBN form M or A to wire my fees to my college and it was about 159 naira to one CAD, i am not sure if it would have been better if i bought black market cos even i thot it should have been lower
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by nobleman01: 1:43am On May 24, 2013
ayaba21:
i used the CBN form M or A to wire my fees to my college and it was about 159 naira to one CAD, i am not sure if it would have been better if i bought black market cos even i thot it should have been lower
Please throw more light on the CBN form and which bank did u get that
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 3:13am On May 24, 2013
Pls is there anybody in the who applied between 27 th march and now that has been invited for medical?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Robbie37: 4:32am On May 24, 2013
nobleman01:
Please throw more light on the CBN form and which bank did u get that

I'll advice you to use a MasterCard or VISA card, via the school's website. Personally I have paid fees to my school twice with no problems. Payment was confirmed immediately and I got a receipt via email within the hour. One of those which I presented to the Deputy High Commission. Call your banks if you feel you need further assurance... grin

I honestly don't think we should be filling form A at this stage in our lives. My opinion... Cheers!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 6:15am On May 24, 2013
Can mastercard or visa card be used for tuition fee payment? In case of refund how will it be done?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mikolo2008: 8:42am On May 24, 2013
imadebaby:

I ve gotten my admission letter. Wen did u apply?
I applied this year around jan/feb for their sept2013 admission and I received a message in April that my admission is been processed, please when did you apply and can I get your {phone number/email/pin}<---any one smiley Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by mozo: 9:28am On May 24, 2013
Robbie37:

I'll advice you to use a MasterCard or VISA card, via the school's website. Personally I have paid fees to my school twice with no problems. Payment was confirmed immediately and I got a receipt via email within the hour. One of those which I presented to the Deputy High Commission. Call your banks if you feel you need further assurance... grin

I honestly don't think we should be filling form A at this stage in our lives. My opinion... Cheers!

Same here
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by honourableseyi: 9:41am On May 24, 2013
We have not heard the voice of Mr. siga,justwise and other helpers on this forum for a while now, hope there is no problem? Just checking on you.May God be with you in your journey of life
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tolulopepeter: 10:55am On May 24, 2013
earthgreeners:

hmmmm...wonder why there hasn't been a response from them oh...thank you for your reply though. I really appreciate it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:56am On May 24, 2013
WORD!!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ayaba21: 11:45am On May 24, 2013
Robbie37:

... and i agree with you. However my school will only accept wire transfers from international students. I will advise anyone whose school is will to accept online payments to simply do that, life should be easy wink. However if your school is like mine, i did the transfer through standard Chartered bank but i guess a lot of other banks also do it
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bashtec9: 11:59am On May 24, 2013
Please house, my good Oga at the top do University of Manitoba accept people for Premasters and do they consider second class lower.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gwobo(m): 2:07pm On May 24, 2013
earthgreeners:

I just submitted my application for January 2014, how long did it take them to respond to your apllication? Did u contact any supervisor directly?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 3:22pm On May 24, 2013
Ayaba21 what is d source of your information. I submitted my application April 23rd for visitor visa. Bellow is the information I got this afternoon from tracking. It is not up to 36 days as you claimed. I will visit VSF office on Monday to pick it up. All my hope is in God

Visa application, tracking ID No.20130423xxxxxxx – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Lagos, on 24/05/2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by similoluwa123: 3:36pm On May 24, 2013
You guys should pray for me
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:44pm On May 24, 2013
similoluwa123: Ayaba21 what is d source of your information. I submitted my application April 23rd for visitor visa. Bellow is the information I got this afternoon from tracking. It is not up to 36 days as you claimed. I will visit VSF office on Monday to pick it up. All my hope is in God

Visa application, tracking ID No.20130423xxxxxxx – Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office Lagos, on 24/05/2013 to the Canada Visa Application Centre. To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website
...You guys need to stop confusing una sef with all these processing time crap....Visitor visa is different from Study...all cases different from each other....the more wahala (documents) u put for ur application, the longer it takes...make CDHC life easy when u apply and inturn, u make ur stress level reduce....Even when processing time for visitor was a month...my mama got her own in 5 days....

Visitor visa is between 35 - 45 working days as per CDHC website ...

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/nigeria/visas/processing-traitement.aspx
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by olutimi1: 3:44pm On May 24, 2013
similoluwa123: You guys should pray for me
It is goin to be a good news...but I doubt if this won't be d longest weekend for you. Lol. Not to worry.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 3:45pm On May 24, 2013
similoluwa123: You guys should pray for me
...No worry...if God says Yes...no one can say No...even Stephen Harper

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Travelling To Canada Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.