Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 (487630 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by flynbird(f): 9:17am On Mar 22, 2013
Hey guys. Been pretty busy lately. Got my toefl scores 91. Getting my trascripts evaluted. Whoever is in ibadan and needs toefl material can let me know as I have the cd of it.. Best of luck to all smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2013
bigfrancis21:
You forgot to drop your e-mail.
As for your GPA, you're good to go. Most schools demand a minimum of 3.0 CGPA. But if you can still increase the CGPA, please do. The higher the CGPA the better chances you stand.
. Bro. My email is Jasonvbassey@gmail.com
Please help me with info concerning the GRE. And Toefl materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FBICIA(m): 10:00am On Mar 22, 2013
Anthonymighty: FBI....sorry mate....You sure need to tell people your school man...EVEREST is DOUCHE mehn.....Anyways..what you gonna do?? you probably dont wanna start looking for another school..its gonna be too late for everything...so i'd advice u just get some strong point about that same Douche Everest and use it as a weapon over the VO that is IF you are planning to re-apply...Cheers and better luck next time

Tanks Baba don't even know what to do?

@imperoxx you don't know how it feels

@ojap tanks
@seunbumi tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by fittty(m): 10:51am On Mar 22, 2013
flynbird: Hey guys. Been pretty busy lately. Got my toefl scores 91. Getting my trascripts evaluted. Whoever is in ibadan and needs toefl material can let me know as I have the cd of it.. Best of luck to all smiley

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by walexy(m): 11:44am On Mar 22, 2013
Hi good people,

My sister is currently being faced with an ambiguous situation and i need you guyz to help. She got admitted this week for a master's programme in Public Administration (MPA)and the I-20 was issued yesterday as well. The utmost challenge is the fact that the school resumption date is 8th April (Spring)and we are seriously doubting if she could meet up in view of the time required to make that happen. My few are questions are;

1. Is it true that an admission can't be deffered and a new paperwork has to be done to get a new admission letter and I-20 issued for a summer entry? I am really confused as that was the fall out of the discussion i had with the lady in charge of her admission on phone yesterday.

2. Can she still meet up with securing an appointment and going for interview at the embassy within this short period? I learnt prospective students are advised and expected to apply in good time so they can be in the US 30 days before resumption. Please advise on whether to progress for spring entry or work on summer entry.

3. Lastly, I need you to help provide a list of documents (checklist) needed at this point or things we need to urgently put in place.

Counting on your expertise and looking forward to your responses.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teexzle: 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thanks ojap, more pls
OjaP:

Dont apply to;

Virginia Int'l Uni.

Everest.

University of Phoenix.

People will add more.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teexzle: 12:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
Wat abt University of Nevada,Reno
OjaP: @ Yvete:

I agree with you on that. Best thing is for applicants to drop the name of their schools here so we can all help look into them.

Our friends in the Canada Visa section do that alot. Most of them even go as far as pasting word-for-word the email they received from the schools and Professors. It is only on USA visa thread that I see people hiding the names of their schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by teexzle: 12:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Pls I don't mind d materials too tinuoshinubi@gmail.com
syahboy: . Bro. My email is Jasonvbassey@gmail.com
Please help me with info concerning the GRE. And Toefl materials
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:42pm On Mar 22, 2013
FBI/CIA:

Tanks Baba don't even know what to do?

@imperoxx you don't know how it feels

@ojap tanks
@seunbumi tanks

Yea I don't because I just concluded that you don't know me or know those previous parts of this thread. Please read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3/157#13481136

One person single-handedly criticized me after that interview, this same person was the only that still criticized me after I got the visa.
I was like hater plenty pass enemy.

Take criticism as part of advice so that the same story won't be told by the same person/people again. No one celebrates your disappointment but appreciates pointing out your flaw(s) so that you can patch it. That's one of the reasons you should've left your interview experience freely for medical check up by the Doctors and Doctor Ms. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 3:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yvete: Hater pass enemy??

Who are his haters? *confused*

Yvete.....my hater number 1 grin

I'll soon embark on a 6hrs+ journey to Santa Fe for the NM-INBRE conference. Abeg Yvete, wish me well here so that you don't become hater-enemy number +1. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 4:09pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli: And am still very much jobless... Truly, all fingers are not equal cry

Ain't you kidding? Because you live like your friends that fly from the US to Nigeria multiple times a semester. Lolz. Go get a job at the Caf, at least. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
walexy: Hi good people,

My sister is currently being faced with an ambiguous situation and i need you guyz to help. She got admitted this week for a master's programme in Public Administration (MPA)and the I-20 was issued yesterday as well. The utmost challenge is the fact that the school resumption date is 8th April (Spring)and we are seriously doubting if she could meet up in view of the time required to make that happen. My few are questions are;

1. Is it true that an admission can't be deffered and a new paperwork has to be done to get a new admission letter and I-20 issued for a summer entry? I am really confused as that was the fall out of the discussion i had with the lady in charge of her admission on phone yesterday.

2. Can she still meet up with securing an appointment and going for interview at the embassy within this short period? I learnt prospective students are advised and expected to apply in good time so they can be in the US 30 days before resumption. Please advise on whether to progress for spring entry or work on summer entry.

3. Lastly, I need you to help provide a list of documents (checklist) needed at this point or things we need to urgently put in place.

Nobody dey see this assignment? I wish I could help....folks in the US mak una heluup.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2013

It is do-able

- Yes, the admission officer was right. Your sister can defer her admission.

- Yes, she can still meet up if she is lucky. Let her go pay the visa fee at GTB, check and see if there are available dates for student visa applicants. If that won't work, send an email requesting an emergency interview. If she is lucky, they can reply her on time. Tell her to pray.

- No, you don't have to resume 30days before resumption. You can resume whenever you get your visa even a day before school resumes. Many folks here still resume like a week after resumption, if this will be the case for your sister - maybe she couldn't get the Visa on time before her school resumes, then she can get a letter from her Int'l student adviser extending her resumption date, she will need to show this at the POE in case they ask.

- Some of the documents your sister will need include but not limited to admission letter, form I-20, transcripts, NYSC certificate, letter from her sponsor, statement of accounts etc.

- Overall, advise your sister to fill her form DS-160 as detailed as possible (even in areas where they tell you they need short answers especially job history and roles). The weight of the information in your DS-160 form partly determine the issuance of visas. And of course, GOD is the ultimate....tell her to prepare well and pray.

The ball is in her court. I wish your sister the best of luck in her visa processing and application.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by ardewharle(m): 7:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
house pls i need the gre materials .. mail.adewale@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by FBICIA(m): 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea I don't because I just concluded that you don't know me or know those previous parts of this thread. Please read this:

https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3/157#13481136

One person single-handedly criticized me after that interview, this same person was the only that still criticized me after I got the visa.
I was like hater plenty pass enemy.

Take criticism as part of advice so that the same story won't be told by the same person/people again. No one celebrates your disappointment but appreciates pointing out your flaw(s) so that you can patch it. That's one of the reasons you should've left your interview experience freely for medical check up by the Doctors and Doctor Ms. grin

Baba tanks you 2much........ Do you know from part 2 I have a very wrong impression about you
ℓ☺ℓ cheesy now I get you tanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 22, 2013
Please can anyone help me with GRE and TOEFL materials, I'll really appreciate Jasonvbassey@gmail.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Yvete:

Ain't you kidding? Because you live like your friends that fly from the US to Nigeria multiple times a semester. Lolz. Go get a job at the Caf, at least. grin

They rejected me sef..... Said no money, imagine cry cry cry

Are u going for the NSBE convention??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
Anthonymighty: FBI....sorry mate....You sure need to tell people your school man...EVEREST is DOUCHE mehn.....Anyways..what you gonna do?? you probably dont wanna start looking for another school..its gonna be too late for everything...so i'd advice u just get some strong point about that same Douche Everest and use it as a weapon over the VO that is IF you are planning to re-apply...Cheers and better luck next time

Yvete, mamacita, imperiouxx ma nigga, kpoli, Big Francis nwanne mo, and the rest......I HAIL O! my oga @ the top them.....Cold for Boston dey affect me o....Snowing for like 2 days now....Anyways i don get job shap shap for school and school neva resume... grin grin grin grin

Why is it still snowing there? Dont forget us when u start getting your paycheck in your acount every 1st n 15th of every month. cheesy cheesy

Yvete: Ain't you kidding? Because you live like your friends that fly from the US to Nigeria multiple times a semester. Lolz. Go get a job at the Caf, at least. grin

lloooolll cafeteria work will not fit kpolli oo. Computer lab job is better
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 8:13pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli: They rejected me sef..... Said no money, imagine cry cry cry

who rejected you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2013

Spring semester starts from January till May. How come they issued your sister her i-20 yesterday and the school resumes april? i just pray that its a good school so that nobody will be disappointed again. Wishing her all the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 8:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mamacita007:

lloooolll cafeteria work will not fit kpolli oo. Computer lab job is better

Leave her, she wants to kill my status

Mamacita007:

who rejected you?

Kitchen
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2013
OjaP:

Is that the same Mt. Everest dem dey talk say make we dey avoid for this thread? It better not be.

And for the rest, hiding the name of their schools, una own time draws nigh. Wetin go force una declare am dey come.

@Slimmy: You sharply declare your own make you no go make the same mistake right? Your schools are on point......lol. No shaking.

Lol ... Opinion on sch choices seconded.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Mamacita007(f): 8:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli: Leave her, she wants to kill my status

Kitchen

llooooll are u serious so they rejected you for kitchen job? eya sorry maybe its becos u dont know how to cook. i applied for every job on campus even cafeteria job llooooll but it was just God. My kenya friend got cafeteria job and quit the job after getting her social security even though they gave her free food.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mamacita007:

Spring semester starts from January till May. How come they issued your sister her i-20 yesterday and the school resumes april? i just pray that its a good school so that nobody will be disappointed again. Wishing her all the best.

Spring quarter starts from April till June.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Square65: 8:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli:

They rejected me sef..... Said no money, imagine cry cry cry

Will be there live at Indiana!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Mamacita007:

llooooll are u serious so they rejected you for kitchen job? eya sorry maybe its becos u dont know how to cook. i applied for every job on campus even cafeteria job llooooll but it was just God. My kenya friend got cafeteria job and quit the job after getting her social security even though they gave her free food.

PAUSE!!!!!

Did you just say I dunno how to cook Darling, you need to know what these hands can do... I am a chef in the kitchen, sef now am going to cook egusi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by kpolli(m): 8:55pm On Mar 22, 2013
Square65:

Will be there live at Indiana!

We should hook up bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by webstradamus: 9:00pm On Mar 22, 2013
kpolli:

Leave her, she wants to kill my status

You gat jokes bro ... grin

But seriously have you tried ITS, Academic Computing Center or Library? They're usually the highest employers of CS/IT majors. Might be very competitive but grad students (with prior work experience) usually have an edge. And how about summer internship? Hope you've secured one or are at least close to securing one. You'd be amazed at the ginormous opportunities out there on Dice/Indeed/SimplyHired (hope am not be preaching to the choir here wink).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
webstradamus:

You gat jokes bro ... grin

But seriously have you tried ITS, Academic Computing Center or Library? They're usually the highest employers of CS/IT majors. Might be very competitive but grad students (with prior work experience) usually have an edge. And how about summer internship? Hope you've secured one or are at least close to securing one. You'd be amazed at the ginormous opportunities out there on Dice/Indeed/SimplyHired (hope am not be preaching to the choir here wink).

You said it all.

And if Kpolli is in California, I would advise him to apply to Aera Energy based in Bakersfield, California. They are looking for summer Interns in their IT department.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by Yvete(f): 9:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thought this is about on-campus jobs undecided

kpolli: They rejected me sef..... Said no money, imagine cry cry cry

I think you need to stay close to the Indians cos' they get everything. I've always thought you had a job as a Computer Lab Assistant or tech support guy. If there's going to be a career fair at the convention, its imperative that you attend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 by OjaP: 9:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
Summer is around the corner madam. "Man shall not live by bread alone."

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (401)

U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / Travelling To Canada Part 3 / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.