Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

"Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel (13577 Views)

We’ll Build Resilient Nigerian Cities – President Buhari / Why The Boko Haram Sect Are More Daring Now (the APC Connection) / Enugu Makes History, Joins World’s 100 Resilient Cities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by dgitrader(m): 7:52am On Mar 19, 2013
Boko Haram sect members operating in Northern Nigeria are “resilient warriors” who are guided by ideological beliefs and are fearless in confronting the security agencies, a member of Nigeria’s Joint Task Force (JTF), has said.

The soldier, who requested anonymity, told SaharaReporters that the sect has many bases in the North that are yet to be unraveled, where they are brainwashing young Muslims. He said any one under-estimating them should rethink because the sect will never accept dialogue or any form of mediation unless they are crushed.

The soldier further said that members of the sect undertake certain rituals that make them fearless and focused in their insurgency and terrorists acts, adding that those under interrogation in JTF’s base usually confess that “they are doing Allah’s work” or “Jihad”.

The soldier explained, “I have been to Dafur and Liberia, but never experienced these kinds of fighters. Rebels want power but these ones want death, they are just resilient warriors. You will see a small boy fearless and exchanging gun fire with us and even killing and injuring our colleagues.

He described how one of them nearly killed him last year in Damaturu. “We used to buy local food somewhere; from nowhere they trailed us and opened fire on us killing two of our colleagues, we escaped by luck with gun wounds.”

Of their use of rituals, he said those who have been capture had told them about it. “We believed them because the level of their ideology and commitment to their action proved so. We usually recover charms and other belongings related to acts of sorcery.”

By SaharaReporters, New York
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/boko-haram-sect-are-resilient-warriors-says-jtf-personnel
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by basisop(m): 8:47am On Mar 19, 2013
The message is this "they should be crushed"!!!

19 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by malele(m): 8:51am On Mar 19, 2013
when dey leave north and enter other states,we shall know whether dey are warriors or not.

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 19, 2013
If they really want death, lagos is not far.. lipsrsealed.. they'll see death they'll run

3 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by vanstanzy(m): 8:59am On Mar 19, 2013
I would say the Boko Haram are STUBBORN COCKROACHES that have refused to die, and need to be

crushed into the earth. FG has not handed them a decisive blow yet, like what the drones will do to them. Let's see after

the drone attack if they will still stand. Mtchewwww... angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by vanstanzy(m): 9:07am On Mar 19, 2013
Of their use of rituals, he said those who have been capture had told them about it. “We believed them because the level of their ideology and commitment to their action proved so. We usually recover charms and other belongings related to acts of sorcery.”

So they are into black magic too. shocked shocked shocked shocked Just like Hitler they are getting really desperate to win this war. undecided undecided undecided
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 19, 2013
From sultan to d 19
northern govs to muslim northerners are
boko haram suspects and they will all be
consumed by d their very own IED.

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by lacasa: 10:26am On Mar 19, 2013
Jenams: From sultan to d 19
northern govs to muslim northerners are
boko haram suspects and they will all be
consumed by d their very own IED.

Go n ask ur jonas about his Boko siblings!

Ur baseless ranting on Nairaland wnt solve d Problem

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 19, 2013
Anybody thinking that killing these folks will stop them will have re think.
Except we outlaw Islam.
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by odogwux(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2013
Why won't they be resilient? The rate at which muslim youth in the north are being seduced by the extremist ideology is more than alarming.

I took a walk on saturday morning in a shanty town by a railway line being built close to area one roundabout in abuja. I passed by a small stand with speakers that was booming forth the voice of a speaker in arabic (I think) hailing mujaheddin in the kashmir, afghanistan and somalia.

There were young men milling around the speakers seemingly fired up by what they were hearing. Now this happened in abuja oh! What about places further up north?

The influence of iran has been a terrible blight as well

4 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by ebamma(m): 2:59pm On Mar 19, 2013
na lord lugard cause dis nonsense

3 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by geeez: 3:01pm On Mar 19, 2013
Let them blow just one goat in Yorubaland and we will know how many bars their resilience has
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by ArQueBusieR(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
They are just drugmongers. Terrorists are known to be always 'high'.
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by ademega(m): 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
we need to level that area first nd turn it into farm land to feed the rest of africa.
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by alaoeri: 3:03pm On Mar 19, 2013
Indirectly JTF are saying ωε can't curb these ppl.
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by ypzilanti: 3:04pm On Mar 19, 2013
noblezone: Anybody thinking that killing these folks will stop them will have re think.
Except we outlaw Islam.

So you outlaw Islam and then what? Commit genocide on half of Nigeria? Anyway, critical reasoning is only for those who have a brain. Muslims are also victims of Boko Haram. If we could do a census, the radical sect would not even have up to 5000 fighters.

What government need to do is infiltrate the sect.

11 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by ypzilanti: 3:05pm On Mar 19, 2013
geeez: Let them blow just one goat in Yorubaland and we will know how many bars their resilience has

Bravado. Careful what you wish. Can you shoot an AK 47? Internet warrior.

5 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Okijajuju1(m): 3:08pm On Mar 19, 2013
The F.G should send in these guys jor.. Give them a contract to wipe off Boko Haram and see results.. Egbesu Boys vs. Boko Haram

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by goldfish80(m): 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
geeez: Let them blow just one goat in Yorubaland and we will know how many bars their resilience has
Are υ ƒoя real? undecided who are the Yoruba warriors that will strain Boko's resilience? Becareful what υ wish for

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 3:10pm On Mar 19, 2013
odogwu-x:
Why won't they be resilient? The rate at which muslim youth in the north are being seduced by the extremist ideology is more than alarming.

I took a walk on saturday morning in a shanty town by a railway line being built close to area one roundabout in abuja. I passed by a small stand with speakers that was booming forth the voice of a speaker in arabic (I think) hailing mujaheddin in the kashmir, afghanistan and somalia.

There were young men milling around the speakers seemingly fired up by what they were hearing. Now this happened in abuja oh! What about places further up north?

Your response seems to be making a little bit of sense until your deluded mentality, of course, let you to mention the influence of Iran.

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by dederocs(m): 3:12pm On Mar 19, 2013
[quote author=odogwu-x]Why won't they be resilient? The rate at which muslim youth in the north are being seduced by the extremist ideology is more than alarming.

[/quot
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by dickhardener: 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
sheyie2007: If they really want death, lagos is not far.. lipsrsealed.. they'll see death they'll run
The diff however is those folks are ready and willing to die as opposed to SW SS SE folks with a high sense of value to life.

4 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 3:14pm On Mar 19, 2013
in other words; boko haram is a revelled group. We should admire them because they hav refused to die
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
Charms? Does it mean charms are used in Islam. Anyway i wont be surprisd because of those things they pray with just lyk the GREAT CHURCH. My grandfather used that also whenever he went to the village deity.

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by dickhardener: 3:16pm On Mar 19, 2013
lacasa:

Go n ask ur jonas about his Boko siblings!

Ur baseless ranting on Nairaland wnt solve d Problem
dude y do u take things personal. U don't make a fortune off the strained defences u always put up, do u?

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by Nobody: 3:17pm On Mar 19, 2013
ypzilanti:

So you outlaw Islam and then what? Commit genocide on half of Nigeria? Anyway, critical reasoning is only for those who have a brain. Muslims are also victims of Boko Haram. If we could do a census, the radical sect would not even have up to 5000 fighters.

What government need to do is infiltrate the sect.

Bros, don't misunderstand me.

To outlaw Islam is to attempt the impossible! I am simply bringing to fore the impossibility of stopping killings in the North in name of "Allah", his Prophet and his religion of "peace".

Mohammed himself had his own pool of blood, Usman Dan Fodio had his in Northern Nigeria.

The killings in the North in the name of Islam started before I was born, it has continued since I was born and will never stop.

Unless the Islamic religion is enforced and all non Moslems becomes second class citizens, then there will be "peace".
Else, we can continue to deceive ourselves.

Your 5,000 estimate is not true. The average Hausa/Fulani Moslem is a potential Jihardist.
Know now, if you dont know.

4 Likes

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by slimming: 3:19pm On Mar 19, 2013
People fighting in the name of religion can be very stubborn in their campaign
Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by dickhardener: 3:21pm On Mar 19, 2013
I strongly doubt that. When kasala burst, parents, wives will be like pls stay inside and lock the door o. Don't join the rascals and ruffians in agberoism oooo. Our folks are cowardly primarily cos of love of life.

1 Like

Re: "Boko-Haram Sect Are Resilient Warriors" - JTF Personnel by HAH: 3:22pm On Mar 19, 2013
basisop: The message is this "they should be crushed"!!!

Gurriella war and insurgency has never been crushed, that is why Afghanistan is still at war after 12 years of Nato presence, that is why the Iraq war is still on after 10 year, that is why the FARC rebels of columbia still sway now they are having a dialogue.

Without dialogue this will go on for years mark my word especially due to the fact that this boys are not after money like the Niger Delta militant but based on ideology that they are doing Gods work.

Dialogue is the only way out then the boy should be re oriented back to the society.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MEND Threatens To Attack Republic Of Benin Over Asari-Dokubo's Arrest / Idris Launches Operation Maximum Safety On Kaduna – Abuja / Gunmen Attack SARS Police Station In Enugu, Six Sars Operatives Killed- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.