Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 (12909 Views)

Emir Sanusi To Electorate: Don’t Vote For Persecutors / President Jonathan Asked Sanusi To Resign But He Refused / Sanusi To FG: Dont Overspend On Military Operations, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by visalo: 3:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nigerian are too smart. He knew he will never be consider for second term
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by alpamo6: 3:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
miqos02: i hope so too
What abt , he is doing his job and being paid excess for it, let hear something. Nothing extraordinary with all the heap.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by iyalamcletus(m): 3:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
begwong: As a royal prince,his eyes are on the emir ship of Kano,but oga at the top Ado Bayero no agree
[b]
kaput[/b] grin
Na them Them go kill themselves na
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by born2boink(m): 3:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
Please quit!2013 Sanusi, please quit! 2014 is very far, why not now before you change your mind again.... I can remember the things you done
*Crashing. Fixed deposit investment from 10% to 3% so cash can flow within the economy
* complaining later about cash flow while you introduce cash-less policy
* introduction of #5000 note which was later reject
* giving nigeria money to boko haram victim family and forgotten the Christian who died in Church blast
* are you not the one that accuse obasanjo that he his a farmer and not nothing about economy, which hausa yeye man better pass obaasanjo,leave and let Yoruba man enter as CBN governor jooh, charles soludo don do his own too
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by idsamoo(m): 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2013
Onpee!
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nobody: 3:20pm On Mar 21, 2013
My greatest happiness for Sanusi is that he failed in implementing his cashless banking.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by PENMIGHT(m): 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
belovedaja: He knows that the existence of nigeria beyond 2014 is uncertain. At least he can be the governor ACB(arewa central bank) in the new sharia republic. I really feel for him since ado bayero is still on the throne. Likely to be jobless for a long time.
This thought of yours is miserable. Jobless? U mean the way Ngozi was that u practically had to beg her to salvage a rotten system? The fear of being jobless is for the likes of the truly retarded,unproductive brains. The likes of Sanusi are the ones that willingly reject position that could have enriched them rather than soiling their reputations. He is not sacked,he doesn't want to be associated with the likes of the Jail breaker of a president. Sanusi not renewing his terms are for bold faces not pro 2015 feeble minded. Sanusi's quitting,Jonathan's loss.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nobody: 3:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
ochukoccna: Despite his over bearing attitude at times, he stands out from the stinking morass Nigeria has become
Thankfully, he's his own man, unlike some people who are still consulting with 'god' and their 'people' before deciding to contest for the top job in the land whilst their body language shows they will undecided undecided undecided

Governor?!
No, seeing he has enough visibility to contest for president straight up

Sanusi, President. Smh.

Stop taking drugs.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by creativemusic: 3:24pm On Mar 21, 2013
praise God oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by born2boink(m): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
creativemusic: praise God oooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Hallelujah!!!!!!
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by qhiwegh(m): 3:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
Why does he attack China, which is the only power that deals with African countries without political conditions, unlike the west which impose all sorts of conditions intended to recolonise this continent. Methinks he must be under the payroll of Britain and America. We must not give this western infiltrator into our government again.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
huuuuuuu....fresh air. next page please.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by stupor(m): 3:41pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thank God !
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by PENMIGHT(m): 3:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
Verbes:

Sanusi will always be my man.
My friend,thanks for noticing that. Sanusi is truly a man!
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by AjanleKoko: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
He has some good qualities; the best of him came to the fore during the subsidy imbroglio. While the likes of Ngozi were mumbling ridiculous excuses like maternal mortality as justification, he came out with very articulate proposals, and was always willing to engage criticism constructively. He justified my confidence in home-grown as opposed to 'Tokunbo' policy-makers.

I still feel he's a bit of a loose cannon, though. Must be the Hausa-Fulani in him. He seems a bit impatient and arrogant.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by akdjr(m): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
All Nigerians will surely know the impact Sanusi has create in reforming the country's financial institution when it was at the point of collapsing.... before he assumed office. My prayer after his resignation, is that we should have a visionary head like him who without sentiment and fear will lead the financial institution from where he stopped. I wish him well in all his endeavor.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Inoknowbook: 3:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
qhiwegh: Why does he attack China, which is the only power that deals with African countries without political conditions, unlike the west which impose all sorts of conditions intended to recolonise this continent. Methinks he must be under the payroll of Britain and America. We must not give this western infiltrator into our government again.

Shut up, if you don't have anything sensible to say. Sanusi was 100% right. China is dealing with Africa without precondition? Why won't they, when they have seen Africa as a dumping ground for their substandard products. I hope African nations would realize sooner than later the damage that they are causing to their economies with the unfettered access that they have given to china. China never wanted Africa to develop industrially, so that they will have a dumping ground for their products. They do nothing else other than manufacture inferior products and then look for places to dump them. They have even started to take over the African commerce bit by bit. Little china towns are emerging all over Africa. Give a Chinese man a space, and watch him take over your country, especially in Africa where anything goes. They are even more corrupt than us and so, will thrive anywhere.

1 Like

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by supereagle(m): 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Reserved .
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by qhiwegh(m): 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
I no know book:

Shut up, if you don't have anything sensible to say. Sanusi was 100% right. China is dealing with Africa without precondition? Why won't they, when they have seen Africa as a dumping ground for their substandard products. I hope African nations would realize sooner than later the damage that they are causing to their economies with the unfettered access that they have given to china. China never wanted Africa to develop industrially, so that they will have a dumping ground for their products. They do nothing else other than manufacture inferior products and then look for places to dump them. They have even started to take over the African commerce bit by bit. Little china towns are emerging all over Africa. Give a Chinese man a space, and watch him take over your country, especially in Africa where anything goes. They are even more corrupt than us and so, will thrive anywhere.

You racist bastad, you must love kissing the a$$es of oyibos who tell you to attack the Chinese because they are breaking up the West's stranglehold of Africa. The Chinese are everywhere in the world, but do you see them taking over America or Canada, where there are millions of Chinese? In fact, they contribute beneficially to the economy there, paying much more taxes than they receive as benefits. The same could be said of Malaysia, where the Chinese make up only 25% of the population but pays 70% of the national taxes.

Does China force us to purchase their products? I admit they're substandard, but they're cheap so millions of Africans can afford them that they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. They do also produce quality goods, but they're mostly intended for markets that could afford them. iPhones, iPads, Samsung phones, and BBs are also manufactured in China. But they know that most people in Africa can only afford cheaper, substandard quality goods. That's just common sense!

I'm not saying China's Africa's saviour, of course, they're looking out for their own interests, just like everyone else in the world. But I'd rather have a chinko phone than nothing. And Chinese goods are selling in Africa because millions are looking at them as a good deal, or else they wouldn't buy them.

What the West do is on a different level. They will control a country via the stringent terms imposed by the IMF and World Bank. They will control a country financially through their banks' control of the foreign exchange and bond markets, economically through trade policies, and politically through terms of democracy, while they support autocratic regimes in Arabia who are governing in their interests. Have you no shame? Don't you remember when the Belgians chopped off hands and ears of MILLIONS of MEN, WOMEN, and CHILDREN in what is now DRC?

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by solomon111(m): 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
A master of voodoo economics and senseless economic decisions.
A truely incompetent moronn who should never have been there in the first place.
I hope the next CBN governor is good enough to clean up the mess sanusi created.
Waste of space.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by nedu666: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
ye,ye,eee orimi da na my head dey pain me,na wetin, who u think get time to read this long epistle abi u no see the short comments others dey make angry

biodunid: Posted on NVS three years ago. Still stand by it since not much has changed: SLS for Aso Rock ably supported by BRF and Amaechi. Thank God APC will be a more robust platform than the choices available back then.

The Dream Team

Having seen the rest how about taking a look at the best? In critiquing the various ‘progressive’ and retrogressive candidates that have thrown their hats into the ring of Nigeria’s 2011 presidential combat I have consistently been asked what options I would advocate if I see so little good in all that have declared so far. Some interlocutors have insinuated that I am one of those who can only see what is wrong with ideas on the table while being unable to propose viable alternatives. Others have hinted that maybe our nation that is aborning lacks the stuff of greatness so we should be content with any old (or young) blowhards and rascals that deign to insult us with their candidacy.

Just this week we read about the retired Army General who insists on planting himself in our national consciousness on the basis of a decades old deal between him, another perennial candidate who has already had a nine year stab at mismanaging the nation and the late unlamented goggled one. We learnt that the deal was that presidential stints would be ‘zoned’ among the trio till death parts them from Nigeria. Some older versions of the story said the partners in crime actually reprised Macbeth and Banquo’s encounter with the three witches and even as Macbeth was driven to regicide they have been driven since then with only one yet to sate his boundless ambition. To ice the cake this two time ‘intelligence’ chief told us he is also protecting the honour of his niece who his rival’s daughter cuckolded. On such weighty considerations he threw his hat into the presidential ring!

Another lout tells us that since he once crippled the economy, with the naira’s exchange rate signposting his good work, and also institutionalised corruption while wiping out the middle class; he should be allowed to do it again and swears on his dead wife’s grave that he will spend only one term this time. Last time he swore on the Koran the nation was brought very close to the grave.

An upstart and a knave tells us his years as ‘anti corruption’ czar, when he only managed to jail a few enemies of his principal in addition to some expendable fellows, is all he needs to win our hearts and votes for the big job. He has since promised us, in a verbatim interview posted on Sahara Reporters, ‘free and fair’ education! But he tells us he is young and the change we need.

Sundry other jokers like the purveyor of the rag (banned in my home) that showcases the houses that corruption built and the ceremonies that graft paid for have insisted that when those that trouble naija are being counted they must not be left out. In all it has been quite a motley crowd not excepting the incumbent who has somehow convinced himself and those who say he is the solution that Nigeria can solve its myriad of problems and make up for the last, wasted 50 years without purging himself of corruption and tackling the phenomenon frontally in the polity.

While any of these last eleven candidates might keep the oil flowing from the Delta or keep the soldiers in the barracks they unfortunately cannot get my juices flowing or cause me to make the trip to the polling booth. I refuse to be part of the eternal and infernal charade that has kept us backsliding and marching on the spot for five decades. If we cannot get saints to run our nation can we at least get competent rogues the way most other countries do most of the time? And Nigeria is filled with both zealous and competent even if saints are few and far between. Awolowo was recognised as one such posthumously but God is merciful and we today have at least three individuals on the national stage who have shown the good stuff they are made of and are even of the right generation. Enter, stage left: Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi and Raji Babatunde Fasola.

My dream team that will not only get me voting but will actually have me dancing in the street and putting my money where my mouth is would be SLS as Presidential candidate, CRA as running mate with BRF backing up the duo as prospective Attorney General. Before I am crucified by partisans I hasten to explain my sequence. I presume of course that the overall quality of the team cannot be contested by anyone who has observed our nation in the last three years.

In my view the root, and one and only, cause of our national malaise is corruption. Corruption that has become so endemic that we effortlessly top global corruption indexes year after year while patriots and foreign friends alike despair the nation will ever escape its deathly grasp. If corruption were tackled power, roads, education, health and all else will almost effortlessly fall in place because the problem with all those sectors has not been the lack of funding or plans but the matter of course comprehensive looting of every dime voted to make things better at every level of government.

It follows logically then that to turn this nation around, to rouse Nigeria from terminal decline, we must quickly and totally extirpate corruption. Obviously this cannot be done without scaring sanity and morality back into those that bestride the public space. The only way to do that and undo the habituation of a half century of accommodating corruption is stringing up at the least several hundreds of the worst offenders. Several thousand of the next worst lot should be tossed into Kirikiri maximum security prison which should be preserved in its current insalubrious state even when all other prisons get their much delayed makeover in the New Nigeria. All significant offenders should lose every last kobo stolen from our sweat and natural blessings. And that is why SLS is the one fit to top this bill. Only he has had the cojones in recent times to insist that egregious crooks should be lined up at the Bar beach and shot. He has been condemned by those I consider fellow travelers of the looters for being so unbankerlike in his statements but our nation is overdue some plain speaking and plain dealing. In addition to his will to confront corruption without giving any quarter he has also shown himself quite a broadly focused economic manager with the various interventionist policies and funds he has established for reindustrialisation, agriculture, power sector etc. If all CBN governors before him had shown such moral rectitude alongside intervening well beyond the ordinarily rarefied air of the banking halls our fate wouldn’t have been near as sorry as it has become. Definitely SLS for president.

CRA was dealt a challenging hand in Rivers State right from his stolen party nomination to the state of the polity when he eventually, via audacious judicial petitioning, secured power. To have brought peace to Rivers already scores him very high. To have gone further by bringing Rivers out of the infrastructural and financial pit his predecessor dumped it in took unusual leadership savvy. To have gone further yet by caging the ‘irrepressible’ chop-I-chop interests in the state absolutely sets him apart and makes him an ideal alternate to SLS. Veeps are after all not just deputies but potentially and frequently alternates to their principals. If a person doesn’t deserve the presidency then he doesn’t deserve the veepeeship either.

I hope BRF’s partisans have managed to come this far with me despite their disappointment. Fasola actually had an easier row to hoe than either of the other two but his performance hasn’t been as stellar as it could have been. While CRA had to recover from the deficits of his predecessor and outmaneuver those who would prefer that state money be shared, BRF’s tenure was preceded by eight years that weren’t an entire loss so he did not have to build Lagos from scratch yet his vision and his delivery haven’t quite been as inspiring as Amaechi. He has allowed entrenched interests to hold him hostage. While SLS has had to swim among banking sharks from even before he was appointed (we hear someone devoted billions to stop his appointment from happening) and has had to save investors from their own greed and stupidity with hardly one percent agreeing with his diagnosis of the financial crisis much less his deployed cures, BRF quickly won a devoted fan club within and beyond our national borders. Such popularity should have enabled him to be bolder in vision and action but that hasn’t been the case. However he remains a quite competent SAN who has shown competence in public affairs and passable commitment to the common weal so he should fit in very well as the Attorney General, arrow head of the do or die battle against corruption in our land.

And that is my dream team. No, I don’t expect this team or anything remotely like it to ever come to power in my dear nation but I can dream. In the meantime please don’t wake me from my dream with the noisome pestilence that passes for a campaign to transform Nigeria. This month we woke up to find we now have a trillionaire in our midst. He made his money from exclusive import licenses, duty waivers and the power of the cartels he formed in cement and other essentials. With his benchmark set I warn my compatriots that the next set of thieves voted into power shall not be content to steal just billions but will all now aim to join our ‘number 1 industrialist’ at the pinnacle of wealth. Since our spavined economy doesn’t generate so much money we can expect anyone they can lay hands on to be sold into slavery to raise sufficient funds. I kid you not. Wish us all luck in Babylon.

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Inoknowbook: 4:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
qhiwegh:

You racist bastad, you must love kissing the a$$es of oyibos who tell you to attack the Chinese because they are breaking up the West's stranglehold of Africa. The Chinese are everywhere in the world, but do you see them taking over America or Canada, where there are millions of Chinese? In fact, they contribute beneficially to the economy there, paying much more taxes than they receive as benefits. The same could be said of Malaysia, where the Chinese make up only 25% of the population but pays 70% of the national taxes.

Does China force us to purchase their products? I admit they're substandard, but they're cheap so millions of Africans can afford them that they wouldn't otherwise be able to afford. They do also produce quality goods, but they're mostly intended for markets that could afford them. iPhones, iPads, Samsung phones, and BBs are also manufactured in China. But they know that most people in Africa can only afford cheaper, substandard quality goods. That's just common sense!

I'm not saying China's Africa's saviour, of course, they're looking out for their own interests, just like everyone else in the world. But I'd rather have a chinko phone than nothing. And Chinese goods are selling in Africa because millions are looking at them as a good deal, or else they wouldn't buy them.

What the West do is on a different level. They will control a country via the stringent terms imposed by the IMF and World Bank. They will control a country financially through their banks' control of the foreign exchange and bond markets, economically through trade policies, and politically through terms of democracy, while they support autocratic regimes in Arabia who are governing in their interests. Have you no shame? Don't you remember when the Belgians chopped off hands and ears of MILLIONS of MEN, WOMEN, and CHILDREN in what is now DRC?

You see your your life? You have become so brain washed to assume that Africans cannot afford quality products. I will rather have a quality product than a product I will buy today and it gets bad the next day. I could see that you called yourself a racist bastard while at the same time praising your masters, the Chinese for treating Africans differently. It's good that you realized that their products are inferior. We don't need inferior and substandard products in Africa. Thank God that many African countries are realizing that and are taking measures to curb this menace threatening to consume them. When a country sees another country as a dumping ground for their substandard products, do you think that that country will be interested in seeing to the industrial development of the other? Ol'boy, it's high time you developed your self worth as an individual and also stop thinking through your anus. Being Africans does not give anybody the right to dump inferior products on us, most especially when those same products cannot be sold/and or consumed in their country. Enough said.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Inoknowbook: 4:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
qhiwegh:

You see your your life? You have become so brain washed to assume that Africans cannot afford quality products. I will rather have a quality product than a product I will buy today and it gets bad the next day. I could see that you called yourself a racist bastard while at the same time praising your masters, the Chinese for treating Africans differently. It's good that you realized that their products are inferior. We don't need inferior and substandard products in Africa. Thank God that many African countries are realizing that and are taking measures to curb this menace threatening to consume them. When a country sees another country as a dumping ground for their substandard products, do you think that that country will be interested in seeing to the industrial development of the other? Ol'boy, it's high time you developed your self worth as an individual and also stop thinking through your anus. Being Africans does not give anybody the right to dump inferior products on us, most especially when those same products cannot be sold/and or consumed in their country. Enough said.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by qhiwegh(m): 4:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
I no know book:

Oh shut up! Just because you can afford quality goods doesn't mean everyone can. I mean good for you and all, but the truth is that many people still can't, and that's the truth. When people buy a substandard chinko product, they know it's substandard, but they make the conscious to buy it anyway because they think it's still a good deal. What part of this simple logic you can't get through your thick head?

I'm not praising them. I'm not saying they're here to help us. They're here for their own benefit. But we also benefit from them being here. How else could someone with only 5000 Naira afford a smartphone? And that's a fact. Whereas, when Westerners come to Africa, they invariably want to subjugate us under their yoke.

2 Likes

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by DTaj: 5:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hate him or like him (for his style and 'intellectual arrogance'), you can't take away Sanusi's integrity, demonstrated competence, sense of conviction, and strong character.

Read what people, whose views are well-regarded, said about the news of his wish not to seek a second term:

1. Bismarck Rewane, repected senior Economist, analyst and public commentator, CEO Financial Derivatives Co. Ltd, yesterday said: “That quality of character, that boldness is a quality that will be difficult to find amongst policy makers in Nigeria.”

2. Samir Gadio, PhD Economics, respected global Economist and emerging-markets strategist at Standard Bank Group Ltd said: “He has a strong personality and a lot of people invested in the country just because of the personal relationship and the trust in Sanusi, and the confidence that Sanusi inspires”.

Aside from the jaundiced views of ethnic jingoists, the large army of ignorant commentators, and religious bigots, Sanusi has acquitted himself very well and responsibly in the banking sector, considering the enormity of the challenges he has had to face...

Those who are real operators in the banking industry and those who have had close professional relationships with him (not uninformed arm-chair critics, road-side anaylsts, and those who benefitted from the years of the locust when banks ran on 'virtual capital'), agree that he has impacted on the financial service industry in remarkably good ways...

I sincerely wish that he should record his experience at the CBN in a book after his tenure.

We wish you well SLS, man of high impact!
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by DTaj: 5:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hate him or like him (for his style and 'intellectual arrogance'), you can't take away Sanusi's integrity, demonstrated competence, sense of conviction, and strong character.

Read what people, whose views are well-regarded, said about the news of his wish not to seek a second term:

1. Bismarck Rewane, repected senior Economist, analyst and public commentator, CEO Financial Derivatives Co. Ltd, yesterday said: “That quality of character, that boldness is a quality that will be difficult to find amongst policy makers in Nigeria.”

2. Samir Gadio, PhD Economics, respected global Economist and emerging-markets strategist at Standard Bank Group Ltd said: “He has a strong personality and a lot of people invested in the country just because of the personal relationship and the trust in Sanusi, and the confidence that Sanusi inspires”.

Aside from the jaundiced views of ethnic jingoists, the large army of ignorant commentators, and religious bigots, Sanusi has acquitted himself very well and responsibly in the banking sector, considering the enormity of the challenges he has had to face...

Those who are real operators in the banking industry and those who have had close professional relationships with him (not uninformed arm-chair critics, road-side anaylsts, and those who benefitted from the years of the locust when banks ran on 'virtual capital'), agree that he has impacted on the financial service industry in remarkably good ways...

I sincerely wish that he should record his experience at the CBN in a book after his tenure.

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by DTaj: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2013

1. Bismarck Rewane, respected senior Economist, analyst and public commentator, CEO Financial Derivatives Co. Ltd, yesterday said: “That quality of character, that boldness is a quality that will be difficult to find amongst policy makers in Nigeria.”

Those who are real operators in the banking industry and those who have had close professional relationships with him (not uninformed arm-chair critics, road-side analysts, and those who benefitted from the years of the locust when banks ran on 'virtual capital'), agree that he has impacted on the financial service industry in remarkably good ways...

Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Peterwins(m): 5:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
The topic is rather misleading. His tenure will end in 2014 and he doesn't expect the President to re-appoint him after so much unnecessary invectives from him.

The CBN is quite institutionalised and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to be the governor. Sanusi displayed so much arrogance as if he was the one that created the policies he simply implemented. I guess Soludo did same.

The policies of most central banks around the world are policies according to the Basel Accords (Basel I, II and III). The policies implemented by former CBN governor Soludo and those implemented by Sanusi are policies created (recommendations) abroad in Basel Switzerland by the Basel committee on banking supervision.

As a CBN governor you simply domesticate these policies (Basel Accords). I was amazed he acted (perhaps he was ignorant then) as if it was Soludo that really created the consolidation policy and other policies when he was made the CBN governor.

Nigerians really need proper information and not junk journalism these days.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by ingrpato: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
He must have been put under pressure, been forced to resign... He probably decided to wait till 2014 in other to finish his contract.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by Inoknowbook: 5:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
qhiwegh:

Oh shut up! Just because you can afford quality goods doesn't mean everyone can. I mean good for you and all, but the truth is that many people still can't, and that's the truth. When people buy a substandard chinko product, they know it's substandard, but they make the conscious to buy it anyway because they think it's still a good deal. What part of this simple logic you can't get through your thick head?

I'm not praising them. I'm not saying they're here to help us. They're here for their own benefit. But we also benefit from them being here. How else could someone with only 5000 Naira afford a smartphone? And that's a fact. Whereas, when Westerners come to Africa, they invariably want to subjugate us under their yoke.

Necessity, as the folks say, is the mother of invention. If we as Africans, look for these products that we consider to be very necessary to our lives and cannot get them because they are not affordable, it will make us to look inward and try producing those products ourselves. But if we have a choice of getting an inferior version of the same product, there is always the tendency for us to go for the inferior alternative thereby, becoming complacent. Do you realize the number of indigenous industries that had gone out of business because they could not compete with the influx of these cheap and substandard Chinese products? The Chinese are wrecking havoc on African economies and the sooner we realized that the better. And I'm not saying this out of malice against the Chinese, but rather out of patriotism. I have Chinese as my business partners and mind you, I deal with them on one of the few aspects of our economy in which they are not allowed to dump inferior goods on us, to wit, pharmaceuticals.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by AjanleKoko: 5:34pm On Mar 21, 2013
Peterwins: The topic is rather misleading. His tenure will end in 2014 and he doesn't expect the President to re-appoint him after so much unnecessary invectives from him.

The CBN is quite institutionalised and you don't have to be a rocket scientist to be the governor. Sanusi displayed so much arrogance as if he was the one that created the policies he simply implemented. I guess Soludo did same.

The policies of most central banks around the world are policies according to the Basel Accords (Basel I, II and III). The policies implemented by former CBN governor Soludo and those implemented by Sanusi are policies created (recommendations) abroad in Basel Switzerland by the Basel committee on banking supervision.

As a CBN governor you simply domesticate these policies (Basel Accords). I was amazed he acted (perhaps he was ignorant then) as if it was Soludo that really created the consolidation policy and other policies when he was made the CBN governor.

Nigerians really need proper information and not junk journalism these days.

Hmm, a very sane take on the topic. Though it's no secret that it is usually about the man and not the institution in Africa. We have simply not arrived at that level of organization. It's very normal in our societies for individuals to adopt a 'maverick' toga and hog the limelight, rather than focus on what results are required of the institutions they manage.

Sanusi, like 90% of African bureaucrats, is no exception. That's why you see extreme adulation on one side, and extreme vituperations on the other. He's tried to use his position to cast himself as some kind of political contender, which is ridiculous in my view. Similar to Ribadu assuming that his stint as EFCC chairman was sufficient to run for office as president. Sanusi definitely should leave the office in 2014.
Re: Sanusi To Quit As CBN Governor In 2014 by informatix: 5:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
kano state Governor Sanusi LAmido sanusi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BUHARI'S Pension Details Released By Ministry / Buhari Media Circulating Fake Video About Me ― Atiku / Patience Jonathan Tenders Video Evidence To Explain How She Got $8.4m And N7.4bn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.