Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,116 members, 7,818,329 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! (1002 Views)

"I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / A Soon-to-die Solider Who Fought The Iraqi War Writes Bush And Cheney. / Mandela, Bush And Thatcher Spend Christmas In Hospital (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by citizenisb: 11:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/iraq-war-vet-letter-bush-cheney-tomas-young-154541674.html

"I write this letter, my last letter, to you, Mr. Bush and Mr. Cheney," Young wrote in the letter published on Truthdig.com. "I write not because I think you grasp the terrible human and moral consequences of your lies, manipulation and thirst for wealth and power. I write this letter because, before my own death, I want to make it clear that I, and hundreds of thousands of my fellow veterans, along with millions of my fellow citizens, along with hundreds of millions more in Iraq and the Middle East, know fully who you are and what you have done. You may evade justice but in our eyes you are each guilty of egregious war crimes, of plunder and, finally, of murder, including the murder of thousands of young Americans—my fellow veterans—whose future you stole."

I joined the Army two days after the 9/11 attacks. I joined the Army because our country had been attacked. I wanted to strike back at those who had killed some 3,000 of my fellow citizens. I did not join the Army to go to Iraq, a country that had no part in the September 2001 attacks and did not pose a threat to its neighbors, much less to the United States. I did not join the Army to “liberate” Iraqis or to shut down mythical weapons-of-mass-destruction facilities or to implant what you cynically called “democracy” in Baghdad and the Middle East. I did not join the Army to rebuild Iraq, which at the time you told us could be paid for by Iraq’s oil revenue.

I would not be writing this letter if I had been wounded fighting in Afghanistan against those forces that carried out the attacks of 9/11. Had I been wounded there I would still be miserable because of my physical deterioration and imminent death, but I would at least have the comfort of knowing that my injuries were a consequence of my own decision to defend the country I love. I would not have to lie in my bed, my body filled with painkillers, my life ebbing away, and deal with the fact that hundreds of thousands of human beings, including children, including myself, were sacrificed by you for little more than the greed of oil companies, for your alliance with the oil sheiks in Saudi Arabia, and your insane visions of empire.
Re: Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by citizenisb: 8:00am On Mar 21, 2013
War is such a sad endeavor.
Re: Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by ghazzal: 8:15am On Mar 21, 2013
we hav read it. but many will not agree to it..... thanks for the post anyway!
Re: Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by citizenisb: 10:08am On Mar 21, 2013
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-03-20/cia-and-fbi-counter-terrorism-officials-cheney-lied-about-911-hijacker

Mark Rossini, was then an FBI counter-terrorism agent detailed to the CIA. He was assigned the task of evaluating a Czech intelligence report that Mohammed Atta, the lead 9/11 hijacker, had met with an Iraqi intelligence agent in Prague before the attack on the World Trade Towers.

Cheney repeatedly invoked the report as evidence of Iraqi involvement in 9/11. “It’s been pretty well confirmed that he [Atta] did go to Prague and he did meet with a senior official of the Iraqi intelligence service in Czechoslovakia last April,” Cheney said on Meet the Press on Dec. 9, 2001.

But the evidence used to support the claim–a supposed photograph of Atta in Prague the day of the alleged meeting—had already been debunked by Rossini. He analyzed the photo and immediately saw it was bogus: the picture of the Czech “Atta” looked nothing like the real terrorist. It was a conclusion he relayed up the chain, assuming he had put the matter to rest.

Then he heard Cheney endorsing the discredited report on national television. “I remember looking at the TV screen and saying, ‘What did I just hear?’ And I–first time in my life, I actually threw something at the television because I couldn’t believe what I just heard,” Rossini says.
Re: Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by citizenisb: 10:12am On Mar 21, 2013
“In the summer of 1968. Nixon feared a breakthrough at the Paris Peace talks designed to find a negotiated settlement to the Vietnam war, and he knew this would derail his campaign.

“He therefore set up a clandestine back-channel involving Anna Chennault, a senior campaign adviser.

“At a July meeting in Nixon’s New York apartment, the South Vietnamese ambassador was told Chennault represented Nixon and spoke for the campaign. If any message needed to be passed to the South Vietnamese president, Nguyen Van Thieu, it would come via Chennault.

“In late October 1968 there were major concessions from Hanoi which promised to allow meaningful talks to get underway in Paris – concessions that would justify Johnson calling for a complete bombing halt of North Vietnam. This was exactly what Nixon feared.

Johnson told Clark Clifford, Everett Dirkson and Richard Russell Nixon’s actions were illegal and amounted to treason. But after fuming in private, LBJ chose not to go public, because he would have had to reveal that the U.S. had bugged the South Vietnamese.
Re: Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
So the movie was right. It was a hoax was that wmd. grin It's a pity though, I keep wishing Hollywood is wrong but Washington keeps giving scriptwriters a run for their money.
Re: Iraq War Veteran's Last Letter To Bush And Cheney!! by juman(m): 8:56am On Mar 23, 2013
It was a clueless war. A war out of greed.

The war should have been more easy if the america went along with the iraqi elders considering the iraqi history. The Bush or whatever his name would have been beating his chest as an hero.

(1) (Reply)

Today in History - US Warship Downed Iran Airliner, Killed 290 / US Condemns Anti-gay Laws In Gambia / Atleast 3 Dead, 16 Injured In Another Skyscraper Fire In Honolulu, Hawai(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.