Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,610 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) (18308 Views)

Achebe And Soyinka At Dodan Barracks In 1986 To Beg IBB To Spare Vatsa / Obasanjo, Shehu Yar'adua And T.Y. Danjuma At Dodan Barracks In 1978 / See The Condition Of The 3 Battalion Nigerian Army Barracks In Effurun(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
Note picture above: it is unusual for a US president to ride in a foreign owned vehicle. However, President Carter and Colonel Magoro rode in Lt Gen Obasanjo's Land-Rover when they toured Apapa Port.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by IleIfe2(m): 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2013
So, are they planning on another military government of Nigeria? Naptu, are you trying to help them sell the idea? smiley smiley
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
I've got the diary of events on my laptop. I'll post it when I get back.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 4:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by thelastPope(m): 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
Rossikk:

See how stup.id some of you sound? How in the hell is ''the system in place now'' (ie civilian democracy) worse than military rule? I don't know if some of you are just little kids here, but you should count yourself bloody lucky you're not living and did not grow up under military rule like many of us here did. Military rule bastardized this country. As for your slavish worship of Obama, kindly take that and stick it where it where the sun don't shine.

Bro, you know you are talking with kids when you see someone saying the problem is better than the solution. Everything bad about Nigeria today was created during the years of military rule. If there is any argument to even push today, it will be about how much the civilians have done to improve it, not accuse them of causing the problem. Some of these lads posting and surely teenagers.

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by olaojo: 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hoping that days like that will come again
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by agog: 5:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
lovely good old days
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Policewoman(f): 5:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
The dude at the 2nd left standing looks like my Dad. Wowww!!!!! It's actually him.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 5:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Policewoman: The dude at the 2nd left standing looks like my Dad. Wowww!!!!! It's actually him.

That's soooo cool.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
Policewoman: The dude at the 2nd left standing looks like my Dad. Wowww!!!!! It's actually him.

Please can you show him the picture/video?
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Policewoman(f): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
naptu2:

Please can you show him the picture/video?
He is outa d country now but i'll surely show him. WOW!!!!
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
Arrival ceremonies during President Clinton's state visit to Nigeria in 2000.

The video shows his arrival at Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport, 21 gun salute, national salute and traditional dancers at the airport. It also shows presidents Clinton and Obasanjo's media conference at the fore-court of the Aso Rock Villa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AZSZywZCGc
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by GooseBaba: 5:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
grin grin grin ..My people and their worship of oyinbo.even black oyinbo (Obama!)....so easy to condem their own in the name of comparison...na wa o! Una craze don get belle..

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by ypzilanti: 6:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
GooseBaba: grin grin grin ..My people and their worship of oyinbo.even black oyinbo (Obama!)....so easy to condem their own in the name of comparison...na wa o! Una craze don get belle..

The POTUS (president of the united states) is a big deal, even in Washington DC gan.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 6:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
ypzilanti:

The POTUS (president of the united states) is a big deal, even in Washington DC gan.

I shall copy the opening post to your thread in a few minutes smiley
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by dayokanu(m): 6:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Now the clueless President we have with the PDP has made us a laughing stock all over

1 Like

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by OmoEziokwu: 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
This man (the encircled name) has been there all these years... shocked shocked shocked

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Rossikk(m): 7:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: Now the clueless President we have with the PDP has made us a laughing stock all over

Yeah. By doubling power output in two years, resurrecting national rail, remodelling 15 airports, and rebuilding federal roads and bridges across the country. Some laughing stock.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 7:14pm On Mar 21, 2013
OmoEziokwu: This man (the encircled name) has been there all these years... shocked shocked shocked

Zbig served as National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter. I always loved his analysis on Newshour with Jim Lehrer. He's currently a professor (he is over 80 years old).
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by abbeybanks(m): 7:43pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nigeria my country. now they prefer to visit lagos state govt than to visit 'nigeria' angry
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Eish, that commander can shout o..

see how Obasanjo sounds posh..
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by OmoEziokwu: 8:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
naptu2:

Zbig served as National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter. I always loved his analysis on Newshour with Jim Lehrer. He's currently a professor (he is over 80 years old).

He has never ceased to amaze me with his hobnobs with fellow pan-globalists in the CFR, Bilderberg Group and Trilateral Commission.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by chucky234(m): 8:49pm On Mar 21, 2013
Rossikk:

What beauty of which nation back when? We have even better looking official environment/settings now. Try Eagle Square Abuja. Even Lagos back then was irredeemably dirty and filled with trash. It is only now that we're seeing real progress. So spare us this false nostalgia of ''back then everything was rosy.'' It's a myth.
Were you born back then because the Lagos I knew in 1978 and early 80s was cleaner and better organised than the Lagos of today,lives and properties were also safer back then.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by chucky234(m): 8:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Rossikk:

Yeah. By doubling power output in two years, resurrecting national rail, remodelling 15 airports, and rebuilding federal roads and bridges across the country. Some laughing stock.
Why do always find pride in displaying your daft nature in public,doubling power out in two years on paper or in our homes?
Can you kindly list the rebuilt roads and bridges,don't even mention those international shopping malls you dumbly referred to as airports in 2013 as achievement as its like taking Nigeria 20 years back when compare to what is obtainable in major cities around the world.
Frankly speaking your Jona has made a laughing stock of us.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
dayokanu: Now the clueless President we have with the PDP has made us a laughing stock all over

You no dey tire to parade this picture? To the neutral observer, it is certainly not as unflattering as the picture below of your hero.

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by tlops(m): 8:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
I just dey fear make d guy no cut the president's head with the knife sword.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by greall1: 9:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
hh
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 22, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by emmatok(m): 12:14am On Mar 22, 2013
Rossikk:

What beauty of which nation back when? We have even better looking official environment/settings now. Try Eagle Square Abuja. Even Lagos back then was irredeemably dirty and filled with trash. It is only now that we're seeing real progress. So spare us this false nostalgia of ''back then everything was rosy.'' It's a myth.

Here comes the GEJ trumpeter,

Which Lagos are you talking about.
The Lagos of 60-70s is better organized than the current ABUJA.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by Nobody: 12:27am On Mar 22, 2013
OmoEziokwu:

He has never ceased to amaze me with his hobnobs with fellow pan-globalists in the CFR, Bilderberg Group and Trilateral Commission.

So true. He is even the 'hidden' mentor of Obama.
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by OmoEziokwu: 1:00am On Mar 22, 2013
CFCfan:

So true. He is even the 'hidden' mentor of Obama.

Lol wink grin
Re: Jimmy Carter At Dodan Barracks In 1978 (Video) by naptu2: 3:57am On Mar 22, 2013
omo_to_dun:

This picture and the one below, were taken at the White House, during Lt Gen Obasanjo's visit to the US.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari To Visit Niger Delta This Week.. / Why Kaduna Abandoned School Feeding Programme - El-rufai / Babachir Lawal: Tinubu Will Defeat Atiku In Adamawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.