Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,354 members, 7,954,419 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director (12562 Views)

Amaechi's Ministerial Nomination: Buhari Government Has Failed The Moral Test / Boko Haram Has Legitimate Grievances-obasanjo / Boko Haram Has Not Killed Chibok Girls - President Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by solopumpy227: 11:58am On Mar 21, 2013
ifihearam:

Yes and that's why GEJ was massively voted in to do.

You a day-dreamer. All GEJ die-hard lovers know he is doing nothing that has semblance with good governance they are just supporting him because he is there own
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by dederocs(m): 12:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
1800bc: Channels television this morning interviewed the Deputy director of SSS on the kabiru sokoto stalled prosecution and she discussed issues intelligently about the security of the nation stating that contrary to opinions that the intention of BH was to cause an ethnic fallout in the country by the Kano Bombblast, they had failed as not only one ethnicity was affected by the blast and that we all need to collectively come together to fight this scourge adding that if some people are advocating an alternative means of solving this problem, they should offer workable solutions and not solutions that they might use to enrich their pockets... Infact the woman try sha...i did not record it so i no fit talk everything but from what i heard, i was impressed.
Brave Woman,not some demented fools here.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Nuzo1(m): 12:03pm On Mar 21, 2013
Verbes: SSS needs undercover to win this war. That is how it's done all over the world. You don't fight terrorism with soldiers on the streets. All you need is information. Only an undercover agent can get you that.

Secret agents are meant to infiltrate terror groups and relay information to combatant squad (military) for necessary action. This the SSS seem to be doing.

However, madam stated their challenges which is limited human resources in SSS.
Another challenge is the uncorprative nature of Nigerians.
How do you infiltrate communities that harbour these criminals and are sympathetic to their goals?

Infiltration by security agents to fight crime doesn't work in BLACK communities anywhere in the world. And that is what I call self hate!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by ochukoccna: 12:05pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dreal1247: You mean buhari abi?
U be prophet?
[size=14pt]Stop denigrating this man with your beer parlour agbero gossip
If SSS has any evidence against him, why not arrest him?[/size]

Is he bigger than Nigeria?
Is he an untouchable sacred cow?
Let us know instead of soiling his name

SSS should keep their bed time stories to their selves
Senator Ndume of the PDP [a supposed sponsor of BH] is back in the senate
Kabiru Sokoto might go scot free again
NSA Azazi said BH is PDP and PDP is BH
Let the SSS prove him wrong
Simples!

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by dederocs(m): 12:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
haka_nai: she also said certain people pay money for protection to terrorist and kidnappers. She is saying that one such suspect had 300 million in his account for a single payment to him for protection. That this monies fund the insecurity. She also made examples of how people in Azare Bauchi stood up against the BH and won with government collaborations.
She is asking all Nigerians to close ranks and help them as it is actually tasking for them to go it alone. With the staff numbers and the number of people they are expected to protect. She has also said they have tried to sensitize the populace (churches, mosque, NYSC, Unions etc) on security and how to manage affairs of security around them.
Meanwhile she has asked for better efforts and information from all of us out there to help curb the situation. About the Kano park incidence she stated that transport unions have always being told to encourage people park outside and ensure only known people get access to drive in to parks. Also she has said that parks collect fees from vehicles using the parks, as such they don't have to wait for government to build fence or secure the premises for them and that they could do it on there own.So secure the area and control movement of vehicles, people and goods in and out of the premises.
She also mentioned that they have acquired sophisticated technologies and also develop certain technologies that have helped them improve on there work. The SSS seem to be doing much and I could trust her atleast with her confidence and position on issues.
The SSS,NAFDAC and FRSC really make me proud of this nation. They are doing remarkably well. Ambulance system of the FRSC is commendable, even thought its suppose to be the work of our health system. I have seen this people respond to accidents with such efforts you wish they could get more vehicles. Well done!!!!!
Nigerians for your survival,rise up and support the security forces and stop making degrading statements about people fighting to protect your pathetic lives-let us rise up and fight along with the security forces...these people are human beings-NO FEAR,fear will lead you to slavery and damnation.If we fight we stand a chance of VICTORY-fear weakens the spirit and kill you slowly.boko Hara have been dealt a deadly blow,their backbone is broken by the invasion of Mali,they are using the only weapon they have left,spreading fear so the people will succumb to them.Wake up docile lambs and be lions for once...we are 160million people they cant kill 1/10th of we all.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Noraokon: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
the truth remains that Northerners on a general note are not providing security agencies with much needed information. they even go as far as shielding this bloodsuckers.
gbanikiti: I tire for sss people.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Nathaniel734: 12:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
fittty: Umm. Did they ask her the name of her website? undecided

grin grin grin very funny

but even if they did, she sounds very intelligent so she would have known what to say

1 Like

Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by dederocs(m): 12:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dreal1247: I perceive that the boko boys ar now fighting with the last drop of their blood. They promised 2 finish Gej in 3 months. Now they av failed. They ar restrategizing by sending their ogas @ the top 2 secure amnesty 4 them. With it they wil now finish Gej in 1 month. Imagine the people demanding 4 amnesty secured weapons 2 blow up the presidential jet. Who is deceiving who? NO WAY.
Those politicians supporting boko haram will die slow painful deaths...they have lost the battle.When 160million people rise up against them no one will save them.The president should arm all Nigerian youths with AK'S to fish out these dumb hypnotized killers.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by searay(m): 12:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
mu2sa2: We should also not forget that boko haram insurgency is not the only security challenge confronting the country. in fact BH poses less challenge than kidnapping, armed robbery and oil pipeline vandalism. Even if all bh activities stopped today where is the guarantee thst one can sleep peacefully in his house or travel on the road without the usual fear & uncertainty of robbers/hoodlums. As for boko haram, the expert opinion is that military force alone cannot end it and this much is obvious to anybody with objective mind. Our govts (fg, states and lgs) must adopt a multi-faceted approach to end all the country's security challenges. The social, economic and political issues behind these challenges cannot be ignored any longer.
Kidnapping to me is better than Bombing. The survival rate is higher than that of bombing.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by dederocs(m): 12:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
haka_nai: she also said certain people pay money for protection to terrorist and kidnappers. She is saying that one such suspect had 300 million in his account for a single payment to him for protection. That this monies fund the insecurity. She also made examples of how people in Azare Bauchi stood up against the BH and won with government collaborations.
She is asking all Nigerians to close ranks and help them as it is actually tasking for them to go it alone. With the staff numbers and the number of people they are expected to protect. She has also said they have tried to sensitize the populace (churches, mosque, NYSC, Unions etc) on security and how to manage affairs of security around them.
Meanwhile she has asked for better efforts and information from all of us out there to help curb the situation. About the Kano park incidence she stated that transport unions have always being told to encourage people park outside and ensure only known people get access to drive in to parks. Also she has said that parks collect fees from vehicles using the parks, as such they don't have to wait for government to build fence or secure the premises for them and that they could do it on there own.So secure the area and control movement of vehicles, people and goods in and out of the premises.
She also mentioned that they have acquired sophisticated technologies and also develop certain technologies that have helped them improve on there work. The SSS seem to be doing much and I could trust her atleast with her confidence and position on issues.
The SSS,NAFDAC and FRSC really make me proud of this nation. They are doing remarkably well. Ambulance system of the FRSC is commendable, even thought its suppose to be the work of our health system. I have seen this people respond to accidents with such efforts you wish they could get more vehicles. Well done!!!!!
God bless you for your patriotism,it is the duty of every objective sane citizen to be patriotic and be ready to defend against external aggression with any means they can offer.the press should not sacrifice National security on the altar of selling sensational catchy news.they are promoting killers and anarchist that wants to consume us all when they disseminate every bullshit spewed by these killers.
If they is war and the anarchy they will be consumed too.
LETS BE PATRIOTIC AND FIGHT FOR NIGERIA.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by jibo1970: 12:26pm On Mar 21, 2013
It is indeed a calamity for all of us; northerners inclusive.
I will expect that first let all Igbos living in the north from Lokoja up declare a 2 days mourning; no business, no work and no going out to school; am sure the nation will begin to take notice.
secondly let every Igbo man and every southerner report any BH suspect to their union chief (not police o who are sometimes complicit) who will forward it to the right security agent for action this way we can begin to fight this assault the right way.
sorry my brothers.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by jibo1970: 12:28pm On Mar 21, 2013
It is indeed a calamity for all of us; northerners inclusive.
I will expect that first let all Igbos living in the north from Lokoja up declare a 2 days mourning; no business, no work and no going out to school; am sure the nation will begin to take notice.
secondly let every Igbo man and every southerner report any BH suspect to their union chief (not police o who are sometimes complicit) who will forward it to the right security agent for action this way we can begin to fight this assault the right way.
sorry my brothers.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Nathaniel734: 12:32pm On Mar 21, 2013
but have they really failed, the are stl killing innocent people, have they failed? the Northern elites are stl supporting them, have they really failed? the answer lies in us, it is only when we dont allow their motives to materialize, that's when they fail...and i am very sure that one of their motives is to cause ethnical rancour, distabilize activities of the government and kill innocent ones...
therefore it is only when we allow this killings to affect how a south Easterner sees a fellow northerner who isnt a supporter of the deadly group (i wonder how we will know), how a northern sees an easterner, hw a westerner sees a southerner...it all lies within us... once we allow this inimical killings affect our modes of interacting with one another, it is only then that the succeed.
from what i can see, i m quite impress with the easterner's leaders, they assured the Northerners of their safety after the last attack in the park...(but come to think of it, in that park that day, there were various set of people frm all ova the country, even with northerners too who do business in the east, so it wasnt just them..), this will really infuriate boko haram cos that wasnt their intention, they wanted a situation were the easterners will immediately start killing the northerners in the east thereby causing chaos in the country, and intensifying the hatred...since this wasnt the case, i can agree with her that they have failed.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Dee60: 12:46pm On Mar 21, 2013
Light will prevail over darkness, and truth over evil. Thank God for those people fighting fo the rest of the country. Our prayer is that truth will prevail quickly.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by thelastPope(m): 1:04pm On Mar 21, 2013
Okija_juju:

Well, there is no doubt that not just one ethinicity was affected by the blast, but one ethinicity suffered over 80% of the casualty.

If you blow up an Edoline bus heading to Edo State, the chances of most of the victims would be from Edo is very high except in special cases. These buses belonged to Ndi Igbos, were heading to the east and thus filled with Ndi Igbos. If any other tribe died in that bombing, its as a result of negligible collateral damage by the Boko Haram guys. I'm sure even some Northerners would have been on that bus as well. But that attack was a direct attack on Ndi Igbos. No question.

Why didnt they attack a vehicle going from Kano to Sokoto which would most definitely have had more Northerners on board.. angry

You have to understand the lady here. She is talking about the greater goal of BH. I think she is spot on. And as a government official, you know she has to try and douse the tension and assuage frayed nerves
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Orikinla(m): 1:07pm On Mar 21, 2013
I have just received an emergency alert from reliable security intelligence operatives in Abuja that Boko Haram suicide bombers have made their way into Lagos and targeting crowed areas like motor parks, shopping malls. local airports and public markets.
They are tracking their trails, but they have not been able to make arrests so far, because they have mixed with the teeming population of northerners in Lagos.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by wahihi(m): 1:27pm On Mar 21, 2013
No matter how the eagle fly it can never touch the sky God will take control of the country Nigeria[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by gogodaye(m): 1:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
Coming from an agency of the government paid to gossip & misinform folks.....her tirade should be taken with a spoonful of sugar. Its a wonder one no longer hears her urging on her 'Oga at the top' in the villa to stem the steady flow of unemployed youths growing the ranks of BH, MEND,MASSOB etc by paying more attention to the delivery of the 'dividends of democracy'. After they watched poor folks killed for nothing everyone is now speaking out for relevance. SMH for obodo naija & her people.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by usoofdbest: 1:57pm On Mar 21, 2013
ifihearam:

You mean buhari abi?
no your dad
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by usoofdbest: 2:00pm On Mar 21, 2013
Verbes: SSS needs undercover to win this war. That is how it's done all over the world. You don't fight terrorism with soldiers on the streets. All you need is information. Only an undercover agent can get you that.

you said it all my brother
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Noraokon: 2:01pm On Mar 21, 2013
what is your own line of argument. you are really oversleeping and as such need to wake up now.majority of Nigerians are conscious of efforts the SSS is making in curbing terrorism.and what brings the issue of misnformation and gossip here?.
gogodaye: Coming from an agency of the government paid to gossip & misinform folks.....her tirade should be tsiaken with a spoonful of sugar. Its a wonder one no longer hears her urging on her 'Oga at the top' in the villa to stem the steady flow of unemployed youths growing the ranks of BH, MEND,MASSOB etc by paying more attention to the delivery of the 'dividends of democracy'. After they watched poor folks killed for nothing everyone is now speaking out for relevance. SMH for obodo naija & her people.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Okijajuju1(m): 2:47pm On Mar 21, 2013
thelastPope:

You have to understand the lady here. She is talking about the greater goal of BH. I think she is spot on. And as a government official, you know she has to try and douse the tension and assuage frayed nerves

We all understand their greater goal.. Sadly, my fellow Ndi Igbos are not senseless blood suckers. If the Boko Haramites had a uniform or a distinguishing feature that can differentiate them from others, by now, there would have been a full scale war. Thats why I really dont blame the Nigerian Armys inability to quell them. Boko Haram is indeed faceless. Their attack method is cowardly.

If Jonathan wants to conquer this group, they need intelligence work not just brute force. Someone is paying for these bombs and thats who we need to catch.

What I am trying to say is simply, the Bus Park attack on two East-bound buses owned by Igbo business men was a direct attack on Ndi Igbos and we know that. Nobody should try and downplay that fact!
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by amusbay(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
but killing of innocent people every time should stop! all perpetration should brought to book without delay.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Joeadamu86: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
It will be very unfair not to commend our security agencies,if not for them the worst would have happened,i don't think there is any security that want to be sleeping on the street just like that,Boko Haram has failed and it will continue to fail,our problem now is how politicians are using the Boko Haram crisis to be get cheap political points,some are even calling fr Amnesty can you imagine?we must all rise up against the evil that can divide us as a Nation..Nigeria is the only country we can call our own..
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by saved: 4:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
gbanikiti: I tire for sss people.
:- sss personnel are noise makers. Instead of telling us the truth that there is fire on the mountain so that everyone can run for safety and prepare to defend themselves but, they tell us they are on top of the situation whereas, they have been overwhelmed. It high time Nigerian realised SSS only protect people in government, their family members and associates. If you think you are covered, you are on your own( oyo). They knew BH operatives, sponsors and, bankers, account numbers and other activities but, they refused to arrest them for political reasons. The govt. of the day is using Innocent Nigerians to score political point, afterall, they have to justify huge amount budgeted for security which SSS is a big stakeholder. If BH kills one million Nigerian today, oga at the top does not send nor care, he will only condemn and set up committee to investigate the accuracy of the figure for statistical purposes. Enemy of the people. Rest in peace Chinedu...
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Israelmossaic: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
ochukoccna:
[size=14pt]Stop denigrating this man with your beer parlour agbero gossip
If SSS has any evidence against him, why not arrest him?[/size]

Is he bigger than Nigeria?
Is he an untouchable sacred cow?
Let us know instead of soiling his name

SSS should keep their bed time stories to their selves
Senator Ndume of the PDP [a supposed sponsor of BH] is back in the senate
Kabiru Sokoto might go scot free again
NSA Azazi said BH is PDP and PDP is BH
Let the SSS prove him wrong
Simples!
When fools rant and present uncoordinated argument I just pass by, but n order not to allow you peddle falsehood, I will drop few thought provoking questions. Is the call for amnesty for BH justifiable? Are we granting them amnesty for trying to Islamize the country? What happens to families of slain victims? what if MASSOB and OPC wakes up tommorow, are we prepared to grant them amnesty too? We must think before we write.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Joeadamu86: 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
saved: :- sss personnel are noise makers. Instead of telling us the truth that there is fire on the mountain so that everyone can run for safety and prepare to defend themselves but, they tell us they are on top of the situation whereas, they have been overwhelmed. It high time Nigerian realised SSS only protect people in government, their family members and associates. If you think you are covered, you are on your own( oyo). They knew BH operatives, sponsors and, bankers, account numbers and other activities but, they refused to arrest them for political reasons. The govt. of the day is using Innocent Nigerians to score political point, afterall, they have to justify huge amount budgeted for security which SSS is a big stakeholder. If BH kills one million Nigerian today, oga at the top does not send nor care, he will only condemn and set up committee to investigate the accuracy of the figure for statistical purposes. Enemy of the people. Rest in peace Chinedu...
Haba my broda, why are you talking like this?our major problem in this country is that,we don't know how to appreciate things,we cherish condemnations and unconstructive criticisms,tell me how many Americans will wake up and abuse the govt because there is a terror attack?every govt no matter how bad the is want to succeed, and the success of every govt depends on how appreciative the people are,security is for all and sundry we the masses inform the security agencies with information and they act.We must have faith and encourage our security agencies cos its all for our own good.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by saved: 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
Joeadamu86: Haba my broda, why are you talking like this?our major problem in this country is that,we don't know how to appreciate things,we cherish condemnations and unconstructive criticisms,tell me how many Americans will wake up and abuse the govt because there is a terror attack?every govt no matter how bad the is want to succeed, and the success of every govt depends on how appreciative the people are,security is for all and sundry we the masses inform the security agencies with information and they act.We must have faith and encourage our security agencies cos its all for our own good.
:- My prayer for you is that, you or family members will never fall victim of BH bombing. If you think your Gout. is working for your interest as an innocent Nigerian, you better wake up before it is too late. Do you know how many sss personnel, policemen that follow people in govt. How many of them are attached to your area? talkless of your place of abode and personal safety. We can't do business, associate freely, we cannot even worship God freely now. Do you know we no longer close eyes when we pray these days in church? All because govt. and its agencies have left us at the mercy of BH. To answer your ques tion. American president cares and listens to his people. But, your president doesn't care nor send. American govt. is transparent and truthful with the citizenary but, your Govt. is never sincere, ever supporting corrupt individuals and force their own negative will and policies on us. Never forget people in govt.have their relations as fuel subsidy scammers, remember mr. Presido said " i know them, they are in govt., they have infilterated my govt." some said openly he would make the country un-governable. Despite these powerful facts, he refused to take neccessary actions. what do you expect me to do with an Inept Govt. Oh! You want PDP sponsored BH to kill more of my people and associates?
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by logica(m): 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
Nuzo':

Secret agents are meant to infiltrate terror groups and relay information to combatant squad (military) for necessary action. This the SSS seem to be doing.

However, madam stated their challenges which is limited human resources in SSS.
Another challenge is the uncorprative nature of Nigerians.
How do you infiltrate communities that harbour these criminals and are sympathetic to their goals?

Infiltration by security agents to fight crime doesn't work in BLACK communities anywhere in the world. And that is what I call self hate!
Refer to the quote in red; this has been done over and over that I don't even begin to have a clue of which world you speak of.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by Nuzo1(m): 10:39pm On Mar 21, 2013
logica:
Refer to the quote in red; this has been done over and over that I don't even begin to have a clue of which world you speak of.

Except you don't wanna tell yourself the truth.

Black communities hardly corporate with the security agents in fishing out criminals amongst them. In the quest to protect their friends and family members, the mess gets messier.

Militants and kidnappers had a field day some years back cos of this until they turned to the communities that were protecting them.

It is also evident in Nigeria political scene. Folks like IBB, Tinubu, Udenwa and Alams can be seen to be idolized by members of their communities/ethnic groups.

The mess is also evident in black communities in USA, Brazil, Africa, carribeans etc.
Re: Boko-Haram Has Failed - SSS Public Relations Director by InvertedHammer: 10:43pm On Mar 21, 2013

AGREED SIR!

BOKO HARAM HAS FAILED to be dislodged

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: Police, NASS Clerk, Others Meet Over Petition / Donatus Okonkwo Admonishes Nigerians As He Marks Birthday From US / Bosun Oladele: South-East Will Vote Massively For Tinubu In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.