Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,698 members, 7,820,434 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? (2473 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by gbadexy(m): 12:40pm On Mar 23, 2013
We only hav a few hours of electricity a ady here at surulere.
Am just having electricity today after 5 straight days of darkness.
Jonah just use scope increase electricity tariff without any improvement and he still want to increase it further.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 1:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
gbadexy: We only hav a few hours of electricity a ady here at surulere.
Jonah just use scope increase electricity tariff without any improvement and he still want to increase it further.

Same here
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by bannkiee: 1:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
Clerverly: same here

Same here
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 2:01pm On Mar 23, 2013
sleeping AFAM!
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
Late last year,we have almost uninterrupted power supply till early January.Now its maximum of six hours in 2 days .Im so worried about everything befalling my beloved country. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
The power supply has been somewhere between terrible and negatively astronomical. Jonathan is really trying indeed.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 5:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
angry angry angry for these mods.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by nuclearboy(m): 6:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Its your punishment for denying that power has become 29 hours per day as the President stated on CNN!

Since you bloody Nigerians decided to embarrass your "chairman" by saying he lied, he has decided to punish you!

Let everyone start screaming we have 29 hours supply DAILY and he will tell NEPA to stop your chastising

1 Like

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Demdem(m): 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2013
To be honest, the minimal improvement I saw when barth was around is currently no more. Nigerians seems to have been duped.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Gbawe: 7:07pm On Mar 23, 2013
gbadexy: We only hav a few hours of electricity a ady here at surulere.

Same in my Bode-Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya axis of Surulere. There are perennial challenges, especially in developing Countries, that makes power supply fluctuate seasonally. In Nigeria, issues like optimal gas delivery and decent water level help massively. Ghana, for example, is now having serious outage issues, leading to load shedding, because of perennial problems they must overcome comprehensively and robustly given that demand has increased vastly yet supply lags behind as it has not been met by an appropriate upgrading of generating ability - the most important consideration.

For Ghana, an over-reliance on Akosombo Dam, with the real estate/construction boom going on, means the current government, if serious, must be up and doing to boost generation instead of copying GEJ and deceptively celebrating "increased power" when water levels and gas flow are optimal.

Ultimately, if generation ability is not increased then all cynical and opportunistic politicians need to do is to optimally 'tweak' what is available to get a mediocrity-loving people celebrating a 'placebo' effect. In the end national electrification will still remains susceptible to the perennial challenges which, sooner or later, will show up and it is back to square one. The sad thing is that we never learn in Nigeria and we not evolving quickly enough to be united in the rejection of mediocrity. People should learn, once and for all, it is only real and appreciably tangible increase in generating capacity that can improve the power woes of Nigeria permanently.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
Why is this topic not on the front page.

Since Bart Nnaji left PHCN that was when they start having problem.
Some people are bent on seeing the destruction of this nation.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by cooltone: 8:22pm On Mar 23, 2013
There is virtually no electricity supply in my neighborhood in phc. We have had like three hours in one month and our transformer is in order and in fact it is a new one. Sometime last year it was twelve hours daily and dropped down progressively to this present state. To make matters worse we still receive estimated bills from PHCN. Am just tired of this country.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 11:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva and Seun, take this to the front page, let Jonathan's e-warriors send the message to their Oga At The Top. They have just been paid their march salaries tongue
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Gbawe: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Demdem: To be honest, the minimal improvement I saw when barth was around is currently no more. Nigerians seems to have been duped.

My brother, let us stop proclaiming grown adults as 'victims'. Nigerians duped and will continue to dupe themselves in so far as they remain, for several sentimental and sectional reasons, committed to backing mediocrity while ignoring what their adult sense should make very obvious.

It is soul-destroying to note Nigerians are so sentimental to the extent they can even ignore the very simple logic of seasonal highs and lows of hydro-electric power, especially in a developing nation where compensatory planning is often zero, to be praising an opportunist and deceitful President for "increasing" power supply.

It is the fact that sentiments and bias can so easily cloud simple logical reasoning that worries me the most about Nigeria. We fail to see that we should not even be in this position where we are left fighting over and celebrating seasonal highs and lows. When a Nation, to begin with, needs upwards of 30,000.00 Megawatts why are people celebrating supply that has not really changed , for decades and in real terms, from perhaps an optimal supply of 4,000.00 Megawatts? Man tire for Nigerians. This was always inevitable for anyone who took time to rise above sentiments and understand the logic and science of things.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by naptu2: 10:47am On Mar 24, 2013
It is TERRIBLE! It is REALLY TERRIBLE! This was the reason I said that I would not celebrate the earlier improvement in power supply, but would watch and wait.

We've had such increases many times since 1999, but after a while everything returns to normal (meaning blackouts). During Yar'Adua's presidency we had almost a month of uninterrupted power supply (the battery in the diesel generator ran down), but after a while, everything returned to normal.

My hope though, is that they can quickly and properly conclude the privatisation process. That is when, hopefully, we can shout uhuru!
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by 7842I: 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
I get light now much more than before, my petrol and generator spending is down now.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Demdem(m): 5:39pm On Mar 24, 2013
These testimonies are disturbing. What then can we say the retardeen has acheived so far that has affected the people directly.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by freebloke: 6:03pm On Mar 24, 2013
where dem dey?
ehm ehm...i mean dem wey talk sey oga presido don improve power supply.abi dem sef dey fil de heat.
Anyways,mi dey get constant power supply,na (MPG) MY PERSONAL GENERATOR dey supply de power.
Cos nepa,phcn nor dey exist 4 my area.dere poles and cables wey dey,people go soon dey use dem dey dry cloth.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Gbawe: 6:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
naptu2: It is TERRIBLE! It is REALLY TERRIBLE! This was the reason I said that I would not celebrate the earlier improvement in power supply, but would watch and wait.

We've had such increases many times since 1999, but after a while everything returns to normal (meaning blackouts). During Yar'Adua's presidency we had almost a month of uninterrupted power supply (the battery in the diesel generator ran down), but after a while, everything returned to normal.

My hope though, is that they can quickly and properly conclude the privatisation process. That is when, hopefully, we can shout uhuru!

My brother, I said nothing throughout that frenzied period of "GEJ has improved electricity massively". As one of the "Chief haters" of GEJ here, I thought I was the wrong person to point out the obvious , highlighted in your post, to sentimental folks into self-deceit and the massive worship of mediocrity strong enough to even affect their short term memory.

Even before this latest 'boom and bust" we were down this same road on this very same forum under GEJ where some over-celebrated the usual seasonal fluctuation only to gnash teeth when the inevitable crash came. When the latest noise began, I just thought to myself, "these people never learn". Na wa sha.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Mar 24, 2013
Reptyle: Please give us some "MAGAWATTS" in Satellite town, Lagos.
you guys are really suffering in satellite town o! my sister lives there with her husband and few times i spent some days with her, its been terrible. I really do like how you guys teamed up and returned all your unpaid bills to PHCN. how can PHCN be so wicked to give one hour light every 3 days? that is mean. thank heavens my sis and her family are moving out of that nepa forsaken place next week. smh
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 24, 2013
kk
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 12:07am On Mar 25, 2013
ewu mods, move this to the front page or give reasons for not doing so! undecided
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by pazienza(m): 12:47am On Mar 25, 2013
Power supply in my area in Aba is now like 2-3hrs a day. Yet PHCN would still bring their monthly bill. It's somehow crazy,considering that by january this year,we were having not less than 18hrs of power supply on daily basis.
Can someone tell me what really went wrong?
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 12:31pm On Mar 25, 2013
pazienza: Power supply in my area in Aba is now like 2-3hrs a day. Yet PHCN would still bring their monthly bill. It's somehow crazy,considering that by january this year,we were having not less than 18hrs of power supply on daily basis.

na wah ooo
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 12:01am On Mar 26, 2013
grin
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 5:27pm On Mar 27, 2013
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Gbawe2: 5:38pm On Mar 27, 2013
pazienza: Power supply in my area in Aba is now like 2-3hrs a day. Yet PHCN would still bring their monthly bill. It's somehow crazy,considering that by january this year,we were having not less than 18hrs of power supply on daily basis.

The usual perennial issues that will keep dogging our moribund power sector. Let us hope Privatisation is sincere. That is all I will say for now.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Goddex: 5:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
I
hear PHCN is undergoing a transition to new owners and that old PHCN
worƙers are being paid off. The situation is also bad in my area now.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 6:55pm On Mar 27, 2013
Goddex: I
hear PHCN is undergoing a transition to new owners and that old PHCN
worƙers are being paid off. The situation is also bad in my area now.

They need to be fast, cos the power situation now is abysmal.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 8:05pm On May 02, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Bigflamie(m): 10:36pm On May 02, 2013
I guess what I'm thinking is not true cos if it is then this country is doomed.
What actually led to the resignation of Engr. Barth Nnaji?
Is it the powerful force that's behind the failure of this country, hence using it as a platform to make ends meet.
Nna eh, this country needs to start afresh with strict and powerful constitution.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 1:16am On May 09, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Rauf Aregbesola’s Opon Imo Project Exposed! / What's Your Opinion Towards Buhari Becoming The Nigeria President Again? / Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.