Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage (2480 Views)

Governor Fayose Switched On Ikere Ekiti Dual Carriage Way Street Light(pictures) / Obiano Commissions Aroma And Amawbia Flyovers In Anambra State. / Buhari To Complete Zik Mausoleum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2013
Gov. Obi Set to Start Amansea- Amawbia and Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage way
Gov. Obi today received from the Minister of Work, Arc Mike Onolememen, the letter from the Federal Government conveying approval to Anambra State Government to reconstruct the Amansea-Amawbia and Upper-Iweka Zik’s Avenue dual carriage way and get reimbursed later.
Receiving the letter personally from the Minister yesterday at Oba, Anambra State, Gov. Obi said that he was very happy about the development. He recalled that he started seeking permission three years ago and expressed satisfaction that he now has the authority to transform the most important road that transversed Anambra State capital, Awka.

On how long it will take to start the Job, Obi said that one of his plans was to complete those portions of the road before living in March, he also said that he had already directed the Commissioner for Works, Arc Callsitus Ilozumba to start the process towards the award of the road and that he must flag it off in less than two weeks. He said the State would also use one of the best contractors for the Job in view of its critical nature as the most important road in the State. Obi said that if the people of the State were happy with what the State Government did at Upper-Iweka, that they would also be happy with what would be done on those portions of the road. He also said he had directed the Ministry of Works to consider for the award, a contractor with the capacity to also work in the night.

On the funding for the project, Obi said that the State was already ready for the project three years ago when it started seeking permission to do it and get refunded. “All the projects you see us flagging off today, including those we shall flag off shortly, such as Three Arms Zone, Nnewi Shopping Mall, among others, were adequately provided for and the money for them set aside. As for the road under question, we have set aside the funding for it, so that one is not a problem at all. May I take this opportunity to inform you that upon all this, and despite not having borrowed any money, we shall leave with over 20 Billion Naira in investment for the State”, Obi said.

Speaking on the development, the State Commissioner for Works, Arc Callistus Ilozumba, said he was delighted over the development because of its benefit to the people of the State and because, according to him, he was privy to the efforts of the Governor to secure the permission for the State to do the road for more than three years. Ilozumba, who said he had summoned the key people in his Ministry to come to the office yesterday, promised that the Ministry would work night and day for the take off of the project.

Caption for the Pic
Gov. Peter Obi (middle), with his Commissioner for Works, Arc Callistus Ilozumba (left), receiving from the Minister of Work, Arc Mike Onolememen (right), the letter from the Federal Government conveying approval to Anambra State Government to reconstruct the Amansea-Amawbia and Upper-Iweka Zik’s Avenue dual carriage at Oba, today

3 Likes

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 9:09am On Dec 01, 2013
Elections are over. Dude hits ground running..

Anambra adigo nma..

3 Likes

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by asha80(m): 9:12am On Dec 01, 2013
why dont the fg give anambra state the permission to rehabilitate the whole expressway on anambra end so that we would know who to hold responsible.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 9:16am On Dec 01, 2013
asha 80: why dont the fg give anambra state the permission to rehabilitate the whole expressway on anambra end so that we would know who to hold responsible.

Its a gradual process. Let them do the most important part already. The other part does not fall within the Anambra major cities. All in all, I think they want to do it in phases.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by asha80(m): 9:22am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview:

Its a gradual process. Let them do the most important part already. The other part does not fall within the Anambra major cities. All in all, I think they want to do it in phases.
i hope you know a lot of people judge anambra on that road alone.

1 Like

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2013
asha 80: i hope you know a lot of people judge anambra on that road alone.

But they eating their words now, since the transformation started at Headbridge, Upper-Iweka, Nkpor Flyover etc.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2013
asha 80: i hope you know a lot of people judge anambra on that road alone.
These Roads are very important Road for sure.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview:

But they eating their words now, since the transformation started at Headbridge, Upper-Iweka, Nkpor Flyover etc.
Bestview are They going to expand it to be like Upper Iweka Area also?. It is very important to expand that Road to 10 lanes from Anambra Borders!
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 9:57am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview:

Goodnews!
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by VICTORCIZA(m): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2013
OBI GOD WILL BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2013
Good one from Obi. chino, i learnt he plans on building walkways on the road as well, if true, then it is commendable, unlike the open drainages in Onitsha which hausa people go to daefecate in @ night. I think my perception of Obi is beginning to change, he'll earn my trust, if his candidate(Obiano) does better. Anambra ga adinma na ike nke Chukwu! happy sunday ya all

4 Likes

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2013
VICTORCIZA: OBI GOD WILL BLESS YOU
This is unlike most of Nigeria's Bread & Butter Politicians!. God will definitely bless him.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 10:11am On Dec 01, 2013
INNOisBACK: Good one from Obi. chino, i learnt he plans on building walkways on the road as well, if true, then it is commendable, unlike the open drainages in Onitsha which hausa people go to daefecate in @ night. I think my perception of Obi is beginning to change, he'll earn my trust, if his candidate(Obiano) does better. Anambra ga adinma na ike nke Chukwu! happy sunday ya all
Yes! Walk-Ways are very important in Major City Roads!.It is a very bad job to leave gutters open without covering them!
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by Nonybb: 10:13am On Dec 01, 2013
Well i dont usually believe Politicians until the day of commissioning
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by Energito: 10:17am On Dec 01, 2013
asha 80: why dont the fg give anambra state the permission to rehabilitate the whole expressway on anambra end so that we would know who to hold responsible.
must u talk?
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by taharqa: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview:
. As for the road under question, we have set aside the funding for it, so that one is not a problem at all. May I take this opportunity to inform you that upon all this, and despite not having borrowed any money, we shall leave with over 20 Billion Naira in investment for the State”, Obi said.

Interesting...
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2013
INNOisBACK: Good one from Obi. chino, i learnt he plans on building walkways on the road as well, if true, then it is commendable, unlike the open drainages in Onitsha which hausa people go to daefecate in @ night. I think my perception of Obi is beginning to change, he'll earn my trust, if his candidate(Obiano) does better. Anambra ga adinma na ike nke Chukwu! happy sunday ya all

It will have side-walks and street lights.

Anambra adigo nma.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 10:19am On Dec 01, 2013
taharqa:

Interesting...

The most important part is that dude has not borrowed a dime for 8years upon all these wonders.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2013
invest-now2013:
Bestview are They going to expand it to be like Upper Iweka Area also?. It is very important to expand that Road to 10 lanes from Anambra Borders!

It will be expanded more and remodeled to 21st century road network.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2013
Even Nnewi is getting its own Shoprite too..

Anambra adigo nma..
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 10:27am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview:

It will be expanded more and remodeled to 21st century road network.
That's great!. Thanks Bestview for the information.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 10:29am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview: Even Nnewi is getting its own Shoprite too..

Anambra adigo nma..
Bestview when will Nnewi entrance be expanded also?
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2013
bestview: Even Nnewi is getting its own Shoprite too..

Anambra adigo nma..
Bestview any information & latest pictures on Awka Shoprite,Onitsha Shoprite,Lg Business centre at Awka & The Hotel at Agulu? I am away to London at the moment,but will be back by January2014.
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 10:37am On Dec 01, 2013
invest-now2013:
Bestview when will Nnewi entrance be expanded also?

Obiano promised to dualized all the major traffic roads in Anambra and am sure Nnewi will be better for it.

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by investnow2013: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2013
Here is the people's Governor!
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:43am On Dec 01, 2013

What a transformation!! So you now know that Hausa people shit anyhow...
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by bestview: 10:49am On Dec 01, 2013
invest-now2013:
Bestview any information & latest pictures on Awka Shoprite,Onitsha Shoprite,Lg Business centre at Awka & The Hotel at Agulu? I am away to London at the moment,but will be back by January2014.

Those projects are ongoing. This is the pictures of 5 star Onitsha Hotel and Convention Center and Agulu Lake Resort. Note these pictures were as at July 2013. I will take a tour of all the project by 2nd week of December to show-case its present status.

1. 5 Star Agulu Lake Resort and Convention Center

2. 5 Star Onitsha Hotel and Convention Center

3. Dual carriageway bridges to the Agulu Lake Resort

Note: These pictures were as at July 2013. Will go round and take current pictures by 2nd week of December

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 01, 2013
Great news. I dont support people based on sentiments. Even from a distance, I can see peoples hearts. I knew all along that Peter Obi is far more transparent and sincere compared to the vultures parading themselves as political "leaders". And most importantly, Peter Obi is prudent with states resources and a due process man. He is neither greedy nor desperate. Peter Obi has laid a solid foundation for Anambra State and opportunities in the state are now limitless.

I am also glad that with Obiano as the governor elect, there will be continuity.

Ndi-Anambra have said NO to political vultures.

7 Likes

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by idumuose(m): 11:34am On Dec 01, 2013
I have said it during the first three years of Obi when it seemed he
was slow and not performing,that this dude will end up to become
one of the best governors to be produced by ndi anambra.
Ɣ☺u can quote me anyday that"anambra has one of the best net-
work of roads in the country.
With good roads constructed by obi's administration,all the towns
and villages are close to each other now.

1 Like

Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by gramci: 12:16pm On Dec 01, 2013
Will comment when vultures invades this thread cool
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by warrior01: 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
gramci: Will comment when vultures invades this thread cool
Waiting too
Re: Obi Set To Start Amansea- Amawbia And Upper-Iweka-Zik’s Roundabout Dual Carriage by oilykid(m): 12:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
angry sad sad sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Changed My Mind, Jona Must Go! / 2015: Jonathan To Declare Re-Election Ambition Next Week / APC Finished In South East Due To Boko Haram Activities’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.