Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:51 PM

4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? (2464 Views)

What's The Present Situation Of Electricity In Your Area? / How Is The Light Situation In Your Area / Power Supply Is Almost Constant In My Area. Why? What Happened?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 3:45pm On Mar 21, 2013
Are you experiencing increase or reduction in power supply in your various areas or States?. Candid Answers please.

2 Likes

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
Wey Dem now!
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by 1025: 5:21pm On Mar 21, 2013
hahahahahaha, i am the first to laugh here ooo.
obj and soludo told us the banks are too solid to fall no matter the amount of breeze.
this one said power and megawatts all over the place and gullible ppl began their celebration.
my question is? if nigeria get steady power supply, what else will pdp use for campaign?
megawats my foot.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by taharqa: 5:33pm On Mar 21, 2013
@OP, how could you hv experienced a 'drastic reductn in Power supply' to yr area from 3hrs to 5hrs . Abi, you forgot you told sm of us late last yr dat you were not enjoying d improvd Power supply sm persons were saying they were experiencing last yr. How come its now drastically 'reducd' to 5hrs from 3hrs??
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by 1025: 5:35pm On Mar 21, 2013
taharqa: @OP, how could you hv experienced a 'drastic reductn in Power supply' to yr area from 3hrs to 5hrs . Abi, you forgot you told sm of us late last yr dat you were not enjoying d improvd Power supply sm persons were saying they were experiencing last yr. How come its now drastically 'reducd' to 5hrs from 3hrs??

@jonathan's lawyer,
talk how far with power supply in ur area or shut up abi u need beating and slapping?

1 Like

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
At home, we've gone from 18 hours of power supply a day to no more than 12hours a day at best.
On a positive note, It is always restored sometime around midnight till midday the following day when it is taken.

At work, the two heavy duty generators have known no rest for the last 2 months. Those beasts are damn thirsty.

Really, if water is the problem, I'd gladly get a number of these pure water companies to channel their resources to continous supply of water to the dams.

Cost of diesel is eating deep into the companys coffers and it is no joke.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
taharqa: @OP, how could you hv experienced a 'drastic reductn in Power supply' to yr area from 3hrs to 5hrs . Abi, you forgot you told sm of us late last yr dat you were not enjoying d improvd Power supply sm persons were saying they were experiencing last yr. How come its now drastically 'reducd' to 5hrs from 3hrs??

correction: I said, the improvement we saw then was not as a result of any effort from your clueless Master, that it was a mere natural thing at that time of the year especially if depend on dams for your electricity generation. My question; How is it now in your area that the water level has receded?

1 Like

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 11:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
Where is insincere9igerian grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by otokx(m): 11:13pm On Mar 21, 2013
No light at UNIPORT.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by MeAboki(m): 12:09am On Mar 22, 2013
Don't get much light in my area in the north, I am surprised to hear some ppl still getting as much as 12hrs a day. If we get 3-7hrs a week we are lucky, our industries have closed, our gens are permanently on while NEPA acts as the occasional standby; some ppl posit its because generation from Kainji that should naturally reach us up north is being diverted to ppl in Enugu- it was even alleged that these ppl were even demonstrating when there was temporary problem with that plant last year- don't know whether this rumour is true, even so who are we to complain.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by OmniSparrow: 12:28am On Mar 22, 2013
Don't even know. Our transformer blew a while ago.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Reptyle(m): 8:10am On Mar 22, 2013
Please give us some "MAGAWATTS" in Satellite town, Lagos.

1 Like

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 9:25am On Mar 22, 2013
Me_Aboki: Don't get much light in my area in the north, I am surprised to hear some ppl still getting as much as 12hrs a day. If we get 3-7hrs a week we are lucky, our industries have closed, our gens are permanently on while NEPA acts as the occasional standby; some ppl posit its because generation from Kainji that should naturally reach us up north is being diverted to ppl in Enugu- it was even alleged that these ppl were even demonstrating when there was temporary problem with that plant last year- don't know whether this rumour is true, even so who are we to complain.

Really
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 11:27am On Mar 22, 2013
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 12:51pm On Mar 22, 2013
grin
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by omenka(m): 1:23pm On Mar 22, 2013
8pm-5am. Daz all.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Gbawe2: 1:38pm On Mar 22, 2013
Clerverly: grin

They will soon say you hate GEJ because you are Yoruba and he is Ijaw. I don't know how people can lie to themselves so delusionally and defend/celebrate mediocrity as some Nigerians do.
That is why I fully appreciate what the author of the article below is saying. She is from a Nation where people are politically sophisticated, astute and fully capable of focusing on what matters. Were she Nigeria, they will say, rather than inspect the merit of her postulation, she is a disgruntled Yoruba women who was silent when OBJ was president.

In the UK, and for example, people speak in unison, regardless of political affiliation, over areas governments is failing at. That is political sophistication. If a certain rail line is working disruptively, it is usual for folks to criticise directly responsible government authority unlike Nigeria where some mad creature will tell you that you are lying and trying to discredit an Ijaw President. Total crap. Really tiring. I think some don't appreciate how neanderthal-like they sound in comparison to others. Minimally, not being able to call a spade a spade, and preferring to run from pillar to post, is nauseating proof Nigeria has it really bad.

http://saharareporters.com/article/femke-becomes-funke-celebrating-mediocrity-nigeria-femke-van-zeijl

Femke Becomes Funke: Celebrating Mediocrity In Nigeria By Femke van Zeijl
Posted: March 21, 2013 - 06:02

Femke Van Zeijl
By Femke Van Zeijl
I used to think corruption was Nigeria’s biggest problem, but I’m starting to doubt that. Every time I probe into one of the many issues this country is encountering, at the core I find the same phenomenon: the widespread celebration of mediocrity. Unrebuked underachievement seems to be the rule in all facets of society. A governor building a single road during his entire tenure is revered like the next Messiah; an averagely talented author who writes a colourless book gets sponsored to represent Nigerian literature overseas; and a young woman with no secretarial skills to speak of gets promoted to the oga’s office faster than any of her properly trained colleagues.

Needless to say the politician is probably hailed by those awaiting part of the loot he is stealing; the writer might have got his sponsorship from buddies he has been sucking up to in hagiographies paid for by the subjects; and the young woman’s promotion is likely to be an exchange for sex or the expectancy of it. So some form of corruption plays a role in all of these examples.

But corruption per se does not necessarily stand in the way of development. Otherwise a country like Indonesia—number 118 on Transparency International’s Corruption Perception Index, not that far removed from Nigeria’s 139—would never have made it to the G-20 group of major economies. An even more serious obstacle to development is the lack of repercussions for underachievement. Who in Nigeria is ever held accountable for substandard performance?

Since I came here, I have been on a futile search for a stable internet connection that does what it promises. I started with an MTN FastLink modem (I consider the name a cruel joke), and then I moved on to an Etisalat MiFi connection (I regularly had to keep myself from throwing the bloody thing against the wall), and now I am trying out Cobranet’s U-Go. I shouldn’t have bothered: equally crap. And everyone knows this. They groan and mutter and tweet about it. But still, to my surprise, no one calls for a class-action suit against those deceitful providers.

A one-day conference I attended last year left me equally puzzled. Organisation, attendance and outcome left a lot to be desired, if you ask me. But over cocktails, after the closing ceremony, everyone congratulated each other over the wonderful conference—that started two hours late, of which the most animated part was undeniably lunch, and in which not a single tangible decision had been made. This left me wondering whether we had attended the same event.

I thought these issues to be unrelated at first, but gradually I came to see the connection. [b]Nigeria is the opposite of a meritocracy: you do not earn by achieving. You get to be who and where you are by knowing the right people. Whether you work in an office, for an enterprise or an NGO, at a construction site or in government, your abilities hardly ever are the reason you got there. Performing well, let alone with excellence, is not a requirement, in fact, it is discouraged. It would be too threatening: showing you’re more intelligent, capable or competent than the ‘oga at the top’ (who, as a rule, is not an overachiever either) is career suicide.

It is an attitude that trickles down from the very top, its symptoms eventually showing up in all of society, from bad governance to bad service to bad craftsmanship.

Where excellence meets no gratification, what remains to be celebrated is underachievement. That is why it is not uncommon to find Nigerians congratulating each other with substandard results. It is safer to cuddle up comfortably in shared mediocrity than to question it, since the latter might also expose your own less than exceptional performance. Add to this the taboo of criticising anyone senior or higher up and it explains why so many join in the admiration of the emperor’s new clothes.
[/b]

I have been writing this column for the last year, and after ten months I realised my angles were getting more predictable and my pieces less edgy. I figured newcomers do not remain newcomers forever and therefore decided to round up the ‘Femke Becomes Funke’ series this month, a year after it started. Ever since I announced the ending, tweeps have been asking me to change my mind and in comments on the columns and through my website I get songs of praise that make me feel my analyses of Nigerian society are indispensable. If I had no sense of self-criticism, I might be tempted to reconsider my decision to discontinue the series and start producing second-rate articles. Who would point this out to me if I did?

The hardest thing to do in Nigeria is to continue to realise there is honour in achievement and pride in perfection. I imagine the frustration of the many Nigerians who do care for their work, who take pride in their outcomes and who feel the award is in a job well done. When you know beforehand that excellence will not be rewarded, you are bound to do the economically sane thing and limit your investments to accomplishing the bare minimum. This makes Nigeria a pretty cumbersome place for anyone striving for perfection.

2 Likes

Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Its true. Electricity supply has gone down drastically. People kip dcivin people. PDP.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by doctokwus: 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
It may seem harsh,but dis is one of d most incompetent,depressing govts to ever rule dis nation,military or civilian.D failure in d electricity sector is symbolic of an all-round failure in all spheres.
Many of us cried out dat d minimal improvement last year had nothing to do wt any ingenuity or innovativeness whc d Gej govt has consistently been shown to clearly lack;but mth in mth ago,one govt official after d oda kept rolling out improved megawatts,produced only in their daydreams,despite large areas going without electricity while some city centres got improved power supply.Now d truth(@least to those who want to see it)stares all in d face:a govt dat lacks initiative,dat embraces corruption,dat parades mediocres& shown openly to av liars at d top corridors of power,evn to d C in C himself,his better half& array of rubbished spokespersons,cannot deliver what they don't have!
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Olaolufred(m): 3:36pm On Mar 22, 2013
Now about 8 months after the exit of Berth Nnaji.
In my area, Power has dropped from about 18 hours per day to half.
Sometimes you may not see it for days.
The only luck I have is that I am using Pre-paid meter,
If not, Goodluck boys for shave my head with crazy bills.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by takedat(m): 4:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by drlaykay(m): 4:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
omenka: 8pm-5am. Daz all.
omo,nna dey enjoy o.we measure light in minutes here
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by MeAboki(m): 4:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
Clerverly:

Really

Well, so far nobody is disputing the allegations, so you can draw your own conclusions..
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by joseph1832(m): 4:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
Well am not surprised at all, everything has been nothing more than a ruse.... Many of them here who opened their mouth and shouted 'power supply has improved' have now swallowed the very words that spewed out of their mouth.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 7:35pm On Mar 22, 2013
Please MOD, move this thread to front page let nairalanders share their experience.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 7:41am On Mar 23, 2013
Wey lostpope
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by tashanja(m): 9:55am On Mar 23, 2013
Clerverly: Please MOD, move this thread to front page let nairalanders share their experience.

They will not do that; but na Tonto Dike change pant; ehen, fiam! straight to front pront page, no waste of time.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by ochukoccna: 11:24am On Mar 23, 2013
I was about starting a thread on this myself
Thanks to the thread starter,it seems to be a general problem
And to think some people where giving out the generators due to lthe marginal improvement last rainy season
I tire
97 naira per litre*30 litres* 6-8 kegs monthly [management mode] is straining my household budget already
Make the daft oga at the top no tamper with that price O!
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Gbawe: 12:04pm On Mar 23, 2013
Clerverly: Please MOD, move this thread to front page let nairalanders share their experience.

What is there to share if not predictable bad news?
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by bamuhanya: 12:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
Its has dropped in my area and worst of all it fluctuates a lot.Last week we spent almost 3days without light.It comes and goes.Just took the light again.Am in Abuja.The way heat is terrible here and this outages,I feel like crying.Light has gone down jare! Make people no lie.Where is the power nah?
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by Clerverly: 12:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
tashanja:

They will not do that; but na Tonto Dike change pant; ehen, fiam! straight to front pront page, no waste of time.

or whenever insincere9igerian receives his weekly pay and wants to justify it by starting vainglory, childish and praise-singing threads for the retar*den.

Please MOD for the umpteenth time, move this thread to the Front Page.
Re: 4500MW - Nairalanders, How Is The Power Supply in Your Area ? by otokx(m): 12:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
4th day of outtage in UNIPORT.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's Your Opinion Towards Buhari Becoming The Nigeria President Again? / Unbelievable: Limos For Sale Parked At Abuja Apron / Port Harcourt Monorail Update (pictures).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.