Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,584 members, 7,955,147 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:56 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65867 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:21am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]There is NO bigger HOAX on planet earth than the Roman Catholic Church! Oh how I wish I could get people to wake up to the truth. I don't even call the Roman Catholic organization a "church"...it is a RELIGION of manmade traditions and lies of the devil. It certainly is NOT a Biblical New Testament church. Let me clarify right from the very start that I do NOT hate anyone.

I love the Pope and all Catholics just as I do all people (I really do). I love them with God's love. I love them enough to risk being unpopular by telling them the truth of God's Word. Though I may not like someone, I am still commanded in the Bible to love them. I have no intentions to be unkind to anyone, I simply want to preach the TRUTH of God's Word.

Undoubtedly, many people will be offended because the truth always offends those who are living in sin and darkness. Just as Jesus Christ my Saviour, I am more willing to be divided over truth than to be united by error.

I cannot compromise because the Bible does not compromise. God said what He meant and meant what He said. Many of the foundational doctrines of Roman Catholicism are NOT found anywhere in the Bible. It is evil to reject the plain teachings of Scripture in exchange for the traditions of men.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]God will NOT share His glory with another (Isaiah 42:8 ). In Exodus 20:3-5 we read that God is a jealous God, so jealous that we are commanded NOT to even BOW to a statue or image.

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God" -Exodus 20:3

God is more jealous than any husband or wife could ever be. It is a dangerous thing to commit idolatry. It is a sin to bow to any saint. Roman Catholicism twists the Bible, actually condoning the idolatrous glorifying of dead people (saints). It is a sin to pray to anyone or anything in an attempt to influence God. There is ONLY One Mediator between God and men--The Lord Jesus Christ...

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus" -1st Timothy 2:5

The ONLY Way to God the Father is through God the Son. John 14:6 declares...

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

To pray or even bow to any statue, image or crucifix is wicked sin. Jesus NEVER even once asked anyone to create an image of Him dying on a cross. The Catholic Church is infested with idols, crucifixes and superstitions.

It is wicked to pray or even BOW to "Mother Mary." Mary is NOT my mother, and she's NOT your mother either. Mary is NOT the "Queen of Heaven." Mary is NOT the mother of the church. Mary was just a godly woman chosen by God the Father to be the earthly mother of Jesus Christ, God incarnate. In heaven, Mary is no more special than any other godly woman who fears and loves God. It is wicked to teach that Mary was anything more than a godly woman.

John the Baptist was called the greatest man born amongst men (Mathew 11:11), yet Jesus said that he that is LEAST in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John. The same is true with Mary or anyone else. If it were not for God's merciful grace, we would all be hopelessly bound for hell damnation (and that includes Mary).

By the way, the teaching of Catholics that Mary was born without any "original sin" is absurd, she was born with a sinful nature just like any other human being. The Bible does NOT teach any nonsense about an "Immaculate Conception" or anything about "original sin." The word "original" is not even found in the Bible.

To Hail Mary is to Hail Satan! Mary is NOT a co-redeemer with Jesus.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]HERESIES are those doctrines and practices which are contrary to the Bible. They are also called "human traditions" or "doctrines of men". Both Peter and Paul predicted and warned that in the later times "false teachers" would rise within the Church and bring in "damnable heresies" and "doctrines of devils". (Read II Peter 2:1-3, and I Tim. 3:2-5). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, for they transgressed the commandments of God by keeping their traditions. "in vain," He said, "they worship me by keeping for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matt. 15:3,9).

The real heretics therefore, are the Roman Catholics and the true orthodox are the Evangelical Christians.

BRETHREN! The Word of God commands us to get out of Babylon, saying: "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Rev. 18:4). All true Christians will remain faithful to the religion of Christ as taught in the Bible, and heed the warning of the Apostle Paul, who said: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Gal. 1:8 ).

Roman Catholicism openly admits that many of their doctrines did NOT originate from the Bible, but from the church itself. It is blasphemy to recognize the writings of the church fathers as inspired by God. For example, in 1834, the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX. The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners.

Mary herself had need of a Saviour (Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47). In 1439, the doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence. The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper (Matthew 28:19-20; 26:26-28).

The Catholic heresy of the "Assumption of Mary" isn't found in the Bible or even in their own magisterium.
[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 24, 2013
[b]Catholic authors readily admit that the Assumption is not explicitly taught in Scripture.1 In the biblical narrative, Mary is last mentioned in Acts 1 where she is found praying with the other disciples before Pentecost. After that, the Bible is silent about her life and death.

Naturally Catholic writes refer to various scriptures to demonstrate the possibility of this doctrine, and that it is was ‘fitting’ that Mary should be assumed to heaven. These efforts fall short of biblical proof. Consider some examples:

§ Genesis 3:15 [And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel] It is argued that Mary, “most intimately associated with him in that struggle against the infernal foe which, as foretold in the protoevangelium, would finally result in that most complete victory over the sin and death.” We notice, however, that it is the seed, Jesus, rather that the woman, who bruised the serpent’s head. His resurrection is the sure sign of Messiah’s triumph over the Devil. Together with all Christians, Mary would also benefit from Christ’s victory according to God’s plan of salvation at the “resurrection of life.” That is still a future event.

§ Luke 1:28 [And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women]. Bodily assumption is said to be the natural effect of being highly favoured or full of grace. However, the same word translated “full of grace” (Greek, charitoo) is applied to all believers in Ephesians 1:6. Yet, no-one suggests that every believer should be assumed bodily into heaven soon after death!

§ Revelation 12:1 [And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars]. A Catholic author writes: “Mary's coronation implies her preceding bodily assumption.” He wrongly assumes that this “woman” is Mary and ignores the problems of such interpretation. For example, the woman of Revelation, “being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered” (Revelation 12:2); whereas Catholics believe that Mary “gave birth to her Son without pain” (Pope Alexander III).

None of these and similar scriptures actually prove the bodily assumption. As Pope Pius XII commented, “Often there are theologians and preachers who, following in the footsteps of the holy Fathers, have been rather free in their use of events and expressions taken from Sacred Scripture to explain their belief in the Assumption.” Yet he still based his argument on these writings, thereby conceding that there is no genuine biblical proof of the Assumption.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Boomark(m): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
talk2chichi: you should be the one to change your church, I don't think they are teaching you the right thing, discard all that you believe and start afresh as a catholic. Thanks

make una see chichi o! You are just good at telling people "i pity you, i pray for you, go and read your bible" but you actually have nothing to offer in the sense that you don't want to believe the truth and cannot offer it.

Nnatom bolted away because of my questions. Can you help him since they are teaching you the right thing?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
ONE OF THE NAMES THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH CALLS MARY IS "THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN" PLEASE READ WHAT GOD HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS QUEEN OF HEAVEN IN JEREMISH 7 AND JEREMIAH 44

[b]JEREMIAH 7

3 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.

4 Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, The temple of the Lord, are these.

5 For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour;

6 If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

7 Then will I cause you to dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, for ever and ever.

8 Behold, ye trust in lying words, that cannot profit.

9 Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;

10 And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?

11 Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the Lord.

12 But go ye now unto my place which was in Shiloh, where I set my name at the first, and see what I did to it for the wickedness of my people Israel.

13 And now, because ye have done all these works, saith the Lord, and I spake unto you, rising up early and speaking, but ye heard not; and I called you, but ye answered not;

14 Therefore will I do unto this house, which is called by my name, wherein ye trust, and unto the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.

15 And I will cast you out of my sight, as I have cast out all your brethren, even the whole seed of Ephraim.

16 Therefore pray not thou for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession to me: for I will not hear thee.

17 Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?

18 The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.

19 Do they provoke me to anger? saith the Lord: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces?

20 Therefore thus saith the Lord God; Behold, mine anger and my fury shall be poured out upon this place, upon man, and upon beast, and upon the trees of the field, and upon the fruit of the ground; and it shall burn, and shall not be quenched.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
[b]15 Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,

16 As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the Lord, we will not hearken unto thee.

17 But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, to burn incense unto the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.

18 But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.

19 And when we burned incense to the queen of heaven, and poured out drink offerings unto her, did we make her cakes to worship her, and pour out drink offerings unto her, without our men?

20 Then Jeremiah said unto all the people, to the men, and to the women, and to all the people which had given him that answer, saying,

21 The incense that ye burned in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the Lord remember them, and came it not into his mind?

22 So that the Lord could no longer bear, because of the evil of your doings, and because of the abominations which ye have committed; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.

23 Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the Lord, and have not obeyed the voice of the Lord, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.

24 Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women, Hear the word of the Lord, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:

25 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.

26 Therefore hear ye the word of the Lord, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the Lord, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord God liveth.

27 Behold, I will watch over them for evil, and not for good: and all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, until there be an end of them.

28 Yet a small number that escape the sword shall return out of the land of Egypt into the land of Judah, and all the remnant of Judah, that are gone into the land of Egypt to sojourn there, shall know whose words shall stand, mine, or their's.

29 And this shall be a sign unto you, saith the Lord, that I will punish you in this place, that ye may know that my words shall surely stand against you for evil:

30 Thus saith the Lord; Behold, I will give Pharaohhophra king of Egypt into the hand of his enemies, and into the hand of them that seek his life; as I gave Zedekiah king of Judah into the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon, his enemy, and that sought his life.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod: "Proof that Mary was a sinner, needed a saviour, had more than five
children, and is not mediatrix"

[b]This document is from the perspective of what the Bible has to teach regarding the
rightful place, and call God had upon Mary’s life; the Mary who bore Jesus into the
world when conceived in her womb by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18-23).
The Bible makes it very clear that God called Mary as a vehicle for Jesus Christ to be
born into the world; a unique and special calling of God upon her life.
In the Old Testament there is a prophecy from the Book of Isaiah where God made
provision for a virgin to conceive a son whose name would be Immanuel – the fulfillment
of this prophecy found in Matthew 1:23. This prophecy relates to a righteous woman
whom God would use, in her virgin state, to give birth to Jesus Christ. This
prophecy of Isaiah was given about 750 years before Jesus’ birth. (1)
God speaking through the prophet Isaiah said,
Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall
conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. (Isaiah 7:14) (KJV)
With references to the Bible, Mary was chosen by God, as was previously prophesied by
Isaiah for the divine purpose of delivering the holy child Jesus into the world. unique and
special
The Roman Catholic Church (RCC) are in breach to what the Bible teaches with regards
to Mary, attributing her to a place of exaltation only Jesus Christ is worthy of receiving.
Beside Jesus Christ, no one else can ever be, nor ever will be worthy of exaltation the
RCC give Mary; which is both blasphemous and idolatrous.
The Bible is the only source which records truthful reference about Mary’s life, therefore
one needs to read and study the account of Mary’s life which will shed light upon the
truth of what is written about her. Today the Bible is written in our vernacular so that
every person can know what God’s plan of salvation for each of us is. (2)

The infallibility of the Bible

[b]The Bible has been refuted by many people, and some of the many who have attempted
to disprove its infallibility have eventually become its most dedicated proponents.
Embarking upon to disprove the truth of the Bible, the words of Scripture have instead
reproved skeptic’s lives of sin, righteousness and judgment, brought them to the place of
surrender, and liberated them.
The Bible has the ability to speak into the deepest recesses of our lives and expose every
part. The writer of Hebrews said,
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two
edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and
of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents
of the heart. (Hebrews 4:12) (KJV)
We cannot escape the Bibles message to us. When its been read and trusted, them who
have laid their dependence on it have found it to provide the life Jesus Christ says it 2
would. This is what makes the Bible true to what it says – the Bible does to one what it
says it will do. Embrace it with your life, and live by its words.
Jesus promised by saying,
If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall
know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:31, 32) (KJV)
Jesus had this to say in regard to His word when a woman approached Him about His
(Jesus’) mother’s womb and breasts being blessed because they had conceived and
nurtured a great prophet into the world (Luke 11:27), but Jesus’ reply to this woman was,
Yea, rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
(Luke 11:28) (KJV)
Jesus said it was more blessed to follow the instruction of His word than be sentimental
about His mother who bore Him. The Bible says that God is not a respecter of persons
which means that no-one gets preferred treatment (Acts 10:34; Mt. 11:11). Following
what God instructs us in His word is more important for our salvation than anything else.
Salvation cannot be found in Mary, neither can salvation be found in any saint the RCC
has canonized. Salvation can only be found in Jesus Christ of whom we can come
directly to through the Father. Jesus said,
“… I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by
me.” (John 14:6) (KJV)
Below I have compiled a study comparing from a biblical perspective what the RCC
teach about Mary.[/b]
[/b]
“This document is from the perspective of what the Bible has to teach regarding the rightful place, and call God had upon Mary’s life; the Mary who bore Jesus into the world when conceived in her womb by the Holy Spirit (Matthew 1:18-23)“.

“a unique and special calling of God upon her life“.

“Book of Isaiah where God made provision for a virgin to conceive a son whose name would be Emmanuel – the fulfillment of this prophecy found in Matthew 1:23.This prophecy relates to a righteous woman whom God would use, in her virgin state, to give birth to Jesus Christ“.

“With references to the Bible, Mary was chosen by God, as was previously prophesied by Isaiah for the divine purpose of delivering the holy child Jesus into the world. unique and
special“.

All these are your quote, you have already answered your question by yourself, all generation cincluding you shall call Mary blessed, the word of God is Yes and Amen, be wise.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 1:43pm On Jul 24, 2013
Boomark:

make una see chichi o! You are just good at telling people "i pity you, i pray for you, go and read your bible" but you actually have nothing to offer in the sense that you don't want to believe the truth and cannot offer it.

Nnatom bolted away because of my questions. Can you help him since they are teaching you the right thing?
what do you know about the truth, you know nothing about the truth, Nnatom stop because your questions don't deserve an answer.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 2:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
chukwudi44: Some people just copy and paste thrash without even bothering to read them.I wonder if all that thrash you posted above made any sense to you.

Catholics are even yet to give to mary 10% of the honours this hypocrites give to their pastors.

Anyone who does not like how catholics honour Mary should just jump into the nearest lagoon or better still go and hug the nearest transformer.
just like you said, they worship their pastors not only to honour them, they have nothing to say because when you go to their churches, they have nothing to offer.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]The Roman Catholic church is a cesspool.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about praying to statues. There is NOTHING in the Bible about not eating meat on Fridays. There is NOTHING in the Bible about worshipping the dead. There is NOTHING in the Bible about digesting Jesus' flesh and blood. The Catholic religion can't make up it's mind and keeps changing it's dogma (doctrine). In fact, here's a long list of Catholicism's manmade heresies and when they were fabricated. Catholics just keep making it up as they go.

Catholicism is a lie of the devil, a prison-house of religion. If I didn't sincerely care about people, then I wouldn't take the time to WARN you. The Catholic religion is all a bunch of Satanic lies based upon traditions and ridiculous manipulations of the Word of God. I plead with you as a friend, obey the Bible by turning to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and forsaking the lies of the Catholic church. Their teachings will take you to hell with them if you're foolish enough to follow them. Don't do it. Salvation is NOT found in a religion, but in a Person--the Lord Jesus Christ! You need Christianity friend, NOT churchianity.[/b]
In the latter time as you mentioned in your previous posts, reffering to all doctrines of the catholic church as bad and forgery....You're supposed to possibly know that catholicism is not of latter time, I mean its staring at the face that you can't help your false soul and illiteracy. I did be much happy if you can tell me any man-made tradition which you know and when it was established in catholicism. What you're saying is beyond you...abstaining from meat on Good Friday is not specified in the Bible, but am sure your illiterate pastor must have one day kept you yawning as a result of 6 to 6 fasting prayer allocated to you and your family. If you can abstain from food on the ordinary days, of what problem is it to abstain from meat on Good Friday. What was the ark of covenant made of.... whose symbol does it signify....did not the Israelites worship and communicate God through it? Have you heard of the last supper...."this my body and blood, do this in memory of me," Dude, you're not elligible to argue the things of God with me. And please catholics don't abstain from meat every friday, its om Good Friday. Talking about the Bible and opposite to the traditions of Catholicm, I will start by asking..who compiled the Bible. Thank you for painfully admiring the pope and cardinals. Thanks

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 24, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]The Roman Catholic church is a cesspool.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about praying to statues. There is NOTHING in the Bible about not eating meat on Fridays. There is NOTHING in the Bible about worshipping the dead. There is NOTHING in the Bible about digesting Jesus' flesh and blood. The Catholic religion can't make up it's mind and keeps changing it's dogma (doctrine). In fact, here's a long list of Catholicism's manmade heresies and when they were fabricated. Catholics just keep making it up as they go.

Catholicism is a lie of the devil, a prison-house of religion. If I didn't sincerely care about people, then I wouldn't take the time to WARN you. The Catholic religion is all a bunch of Satanic lies based upon traditions and ridiculous manipulations of the Word of God. I plead with you as a friend, obey the Bible by turning to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and forsaking the lies of the Catholic church. Their teachings will take you to hell with them if you're foolish enough to follow them. Don't do it. Salvation is NOT found in a religion, but in a Person--the Lord Jesus Christ! You need Christianity friend, NOT churchianity.[/b]
In the latter time as you mentioned in your previous posts, reffering to all doctrines of the catholic church as bad and forgery....You're supposed to possibly know that catholicism is not of latter time, I mean its staring at the face that you can't help your false soul and illiteracy. I did be much happy if you can tell me any man-made tradition which you know and when it was established in catholicism. What you're saying is beyond you...abstaining from meat on Good Friday is not specified in the Bible, but am sure your illiterate pastor must have one day kept you yawning as a result of 6 to 6 fasting prayer allocated to you and your family. If you can abstain from food on the ordinary days, of what problem is it to abstain from meat on Good Friday. What was the ark of covenant made of.... whose symbol does it signify....did not the Israelites worship and communicate God through it? Have you heard of the last supper...."this my body and blood, do this in memory of me," Dude, you're not elligible to argue the things of God with me. And please catholics don't abstain from meat every friday, its om Good Friday. Talking about the Bible and opposite to the traditions of Catholicm, I will start by asking..who compiled the Bible. Thank you for painfully admiring the pope and cardinals. Thanks
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:
[size=15pt]

[b]List of Manmade Catholic Heresies[/size]

Roman Catholicism is of the Devil

And HUMAN TRADITIONS ADOPTED and PERPETUATED by the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH in the COURSE OF 1600 YEARS.

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" Jesus in John 8:32

Notice:- These dates are in many cases approximate. Many of these heresies had been current in the church years before, but only when they were officially adopted by a church council and proclaimed by the pope as dogma of faith, did they become binding on Catholics.

And doctrine to be true must conform to the Word of God. "To the law and to the testimony; if they speak not according to this word, it become there is no light in them." ( Isaiah 8:20 ).

At the Reformation in the 16th Century these heresies were repudiated as having no part in the Religion of Jesus as taught in the New Testament.

1. OF ALL THE HUMAN TRADITIONS taught and practiced by the Roman Catholic Church, which are contrary to the Bible, the most ancient are the prayers for the dead and the sign of the Cross. Both began 300 years after Christ................................................................................310

2. Wax Candles introduced in church about...........................................................................320

3. Veneration of angels and dead saints about...................................................................375

4. The Mass, as a daily celebration, adopted.........................................................................394

5. The worship of Mary, the mother of Jesus, and the use of the term, "Mother of God", as applied to her, originated in the Council of Ephesus in..............................................................431

6. Priests began to dress differently from the laity in.................................................................500

7. The doctrine of Purgatory was first established by Gregory the Great about the year.......593

8. The Latin language, as the language of prayer and worship in churches, was also imposed
by Pope Gregory I. 600 years after Christ...............................................................................600

The Word of God forbids praying and teaching in an unknown tongue ( I Cor.14:9).

9. The Bible teaches that we pray to God alone. In the primitive church never were there
prayers directed to Mary, or to dead saints. This practice began in the Roman Church about......................................................................................................................................600

(Matt.11:28; Luke 1:46; Acts 10:25-26; 14:14-18)

10. The Papacy is of pagan origin. The title of pope or universal bishop, was first given to the bishop of Rome by the wicked emperor Phocas, in the year.....................................................610

This he did to spite Bishop Ciriacus of Constantinople, who had justly excommunicated him for having caused the assassination of his predecessor emperor Mauritius. Gregory I, then bishop of Rome, refused the title, but his successor, Boniface III, first assumed title "pope".

Jesus did not appoint Peter to the leadership of the apostles and forbade such notion.
(Luke 22:24-26; Eph.1:22-3;Col.1:18; I Cor.3:11 ).

Note:- Nor is there any mention in Scripture, nor in history, that Peter ever was in Rome, much less that he was pope there for 25 years; Clement, 3rd. bishop of Rome, remarks that "there is no real 1st century evidence that Peter ever was in Rome."

11. The kissing of the Pope's feet began in.........................................................................709

It had been a pagan custom to kiss the feet of emperors. The Word of God forbids such practices. (Read Acts 10:25-26; Rev.19:10; 22:9).

12. The Temporal power of the Popes began .....................................................................750

When Pepin, the usurper of the throne of France, descended into Italy, called by Pope Stephen II, to war against the Italian Lombards, he defeated them and gave the city of Rome and surrounding territory to the pope. Jesus expressly forbade such a thing, and He Himself refused worldly kingship (Read Matt.4:8-9; 20:25-26; John 18:38).

13. Worship of the cross, of images and relics was authorized in........................................788

This was by order of Dowager Empress Irene of Constantinople, who first caused to pluck the the eyes of her own son, Constantine VI, and then called a church council at the request of Hadrian I, pope of Rome at that time.

Such practice is called simply IDOLATRY in the Bible, and is severly condemned (Read Ex.20:4; 3:17; Deut.27:15; Psalm 115).

14. Holy Water, mixed with a pinch of salt and blessed by the priest, was authorized in .........850

15. The veneration of St.Joseph began in............................................................................890

16. The baptism of bells was instituted by Pope John XIV, in the year...................................965

17. Canonization of dead saints, first by Pope John XV in...................................................995

Every believer and follower of Christ is called saint in the Bible (Read Rom.1:7; I Cor.1:2).

18. Fasting on Fridays and during Lent were imposed in the year.........................................998

Imposed by popes said to be interested in the commerce of fish. (Bull, or permit to eat meat), some authorities say, began in the year 700. This is against the plain teaching of the Bible (Read Matt.15:10; I Cor.10:25; I Tim.4:1-3).

19. The Mass was developed gradually as a sacrifice; attendance made obligatory in the 11th century.

The Bible teaches that the sacrifice of Christ was offered once and for all, and is not to be repeated, but only commemorated in the Lord's Supper (Read Heb.7:27; 9:26-28; 10:10-14).

20. The celibacy of the priesthood was decreed by Pope Hildebrand, Boniface VIII, in ......1079

Jesus imposed no such rule, nor did any of the apostles. On the contrary, St.Peter was a married man, and St.Paul says that bishops were to have wife and children (Read I Tim.3:2,5 and 12; Matt.8:14-15).

21. The Rosary, or prayer beads was introduced by Peter the Hermit, in the year 1090. Copied from Hindus and Mohammedans.

The counting of prayers is a pagan practice and is expressly condemned by Christ (Matt.6:5-13).

22. The Inquisition of heretics was instituted by the Council of Verona in the year 1184. Jesus never taught the use of force to spread His religion.................................................................1184

23. The sale of Indulgences, commonly regarded as a purchase of forgiveness and a permit to indulge in sin, began in the year..............................................................................................1190

Christianity, as taught in the Bible, condemns such a traffic, and it was the protest against this traffic that brought on the Protestant Reformation in the 16th century.

24. The dogma of Transubstantiation was decreed by Pope Innocent III, in the year...........1215

By this doctrine the priest pretends to perform a daily miracle by changing a wafer into the body of Christ, and then he pretends to eat Him alive in the presence of his people during Mass. The Bible condemns such absurdities; for the Lord's Supper is simply a memorial of sacrifice of Christ. The spiritual presence of Christ is implied in the Lord's Supper. (Read Luke 22:19-20; John 6:35; I Cor.11:26).

25. Confession of sins to the priest at least once a year was instituted by Pope Innocent III, in the Lateran Council, in the year.............................................................................................1215

The Bible commands us to confess our sins direct to God. (Read Psa.51:1-10; Luke 7:48; 15:21; I John 1:8-9).

26. The adoration of the wafer (Host), was decreed by Pope Honorius in the year..............1220

So the Roman Church worships a god made human hands. This is plain idolatry and absolutely contrary to the spirit of the gospel. (Read John 4:24).

27. The Bible forbidden to layman and placed in the Index of forbidden books by the
Council of Valencia in...........................................................................................................1229

Jesus commanded that the Scriptures should be read by all (John 5:39; I Tim.3:15-17).

28. The Scapular was invented by Simon Stock, an English monk, in the year.......................1287

It is a piece of brown cloth, with the picture of the Virgin and supposed to contain supernatural virtue to protect from all dangers those who wear it on naked skin. This is fetishism.

29. The Roman Church forbade the cup to the laity, by instituting the communion of one kind in the Council of Constance in 1414

The Bible commands us to celebrate the Lord's Supper with unleavened bread and the fruit of the vine (Read Matt.26:27; I Cor. 11:26-29).

30. The doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by the
Council of Florence in...........................................................................................................1439

There is not one word in the Bible that would teach the purgatory of priests. The blood of Jesus Christ cleanseth us from all sins. (Read I John 1:7-9; 2:1-2; John 5:24; Rom.8:1).

31. The doctrine of 7 Sacraments affirmed in ......................................................................1439

The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper. (Read Mt.28:19-20; 26:26-28).

32. The Ave Maria, part of the last half in ..........................................................................1508

It was completed 50 years afterward and finally approved by Pope Sixtus V., at the end of the 16th century.

33. The Council of Trent, held in the year 1545, declared that Tradition is of equal authority
with the Bible........................................................................................................................1545

By tradition is meant human teachings. The Pharisees believed the same way, and Jesus bitterly condemned them, for by teaching human tradition, they nullify the commandments of God (Read Mark 7:7-13; Col.2:8; Rev.22:18).

34. The apocryphal books were added to the Bible also by the Council of Trent in...............1546

These books were not recognized as canonical by the Jewish Church (See Rev.22:8-9).

35. The Creed of Pope Pius IV was imposed as the official creed 1528 years after
Christ and the apostles, in ....................................................................................................1560

True Christians retain the Holy Scriptures as their creed. Hence their creed is more than 1528 older than the creed of Roman Catholics (Read Gal.1:8 ).

36. The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX in .....1854

The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners. Mary herself had need of a Saviour (Read Rom.3:23; 5:12; Psa.51:5; Luke 1:30, 46, 47).

37. In the year 1870 after Christ, Pope Pius IX proclaimed the dogma of Papal Infallibility..1870

This is a blasphemy and a sign of the apostasy and of the anti-christ predicted by St.Paul (Read II Th. 2:2-12; Rev. 17:1-9; 13:5-8,18).

Many Bible students see the number of the beast (Rev.13:18), 666 in the Roman letters of the Pope's title:"VICARIVS FILII DEI". - V-5, I-1, C-100, I-1, V-5, I-1, L-50, I-1; D-500, I-1 - Total, 666.

38. Pope Pius X, in the year 1907, condemned together with "Modernism", all the discoveries
of modern science which are not approved by the Church....................................................1907

Pius IX had done the same thing in the Syllabus of 1864.

39. In the year 1930 Pius XI, condemned the Public Schools.............................................1930

40. In the year 1931 the same pope Pius XI, reaffirmed the doctrine that Mary is
"the Mother of God".........................................................................................................1931

This doctrine was first invented by the Council of Ephesus in the year 431. This heresy contrary by Mary's own words (Read Lk. 1:46-49; Jn. 2:1-5).

41. In the year 1950 the last dogma was proclaimed by Pope Pius XII, the
Assumption of the Virgin Mary.........................................................................................1950

CONCLUSION

What will be the next invention? The Roman Church says it never changes; yet, it has done nothing else but invent new doctrines which are contrary to the Bible, and has practiced rites and ceremonies taken bodily from paganism. Some scholar has found that 75% of the rites and ceremonies of the Roman Church are of pagan origin.

HERESIES are those doctrines and practices which are contrary to the Bible. They are also called "human traditions" or "doctrines of men". Both Peter and Paul predicted and warned that in the later times "false teachers" would rise within the Church and bring in "damnable heresies" and "doctrines of devils". (Read 2nd Peter 2:1-3, and 1st Timothy 3:2-5). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, for they transgressed the commandments of God by keeping their traditions, "In vain", He said, "they worship me by keeping for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matthew 15:3,9).

The real heretics therefore , are the Roman Catholics and the true orthodox are the Evangelical Christians.

BRETHREN! The Word of God commands us to get out of Babylon, saying: "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues."(Revelation 18:4). All true Christians will remain faithful to the religion of Christ as taught in the Bible, and heed the warning of the Apostle Paul, who said: "But thought we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Galatians 1:cool.[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chukskalidon:

You should know that when i mentioned not eating meat on fridays i was inferring to good fridays. All you have been doing has been giving me logical responses and not anything based on pure undiluted scripture. I have been showing you scripture side by side with your catholic beliefs.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jul 24, 2013
[size=15pt][b]The Catholic Church is Cursed![/size]

Galatians 1:9, “As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

Acts 10:43 simply states, “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” This is the simple Gospel, i.e., Good News of Christ crucified and risen. The Bible declares that all men are guilty sinners, guilty of breaking God's Laws (Romans 3:19-23), and that there is a penalty for those sins, which is death (Romans 6:23). But thanks be to God, in His wondrous love, God sent His only begotten Son into the world to pay for our sins. Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt we could not pay. The Gospel is simply that we are sinners in need of a Savior, Who is Christ Jesus, the God-man, the Son of God.

Now the Catholic religion comes along and says something entirely different. The Vatican teaches that it's not enough to simply trust upon the Lord for salvation. They also require their followers to join the Catholic Church. Then the Vatican requires it's members to be water baptized and partake of holy mass and perform a total of seven sacraments in order to be saved. These sacraments are not optional in Catholicism; but are mandatory for salvation within their religion. Catholics are also required to do good works, help the unfortunate, recite the Rosary and live a good life to get to Heaven. If a Catholic sins, they are required to confess their sins to a Catholic priest in a confessional booth to absolve any mortal sins, to avoid going to Hell. Catholics believe that a person who commits suicide automatically goes to Hell because they can't ask the priest to forgive them. How absurd! Ladies and gentleman, that is all a false gospel which the Catholic Church teaches.

In fact, it is no church at all. There is only one true church and its the New Testament church which Jesus started, which is composed of only born-again believers. The true church is not found in a building made with hands; but in the heart of every born-again believer. Jesus said, “Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).

In Galatians 1:9 the Apostle Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, plainly states that anyone who teaches a gospel different than the one taught in the Scriptures is CURSED! This means every Catholic priest is CURSED! The Pope is CURSED! Those who teach Mormonism, Buddhism, Baha'i Faith, Scientology, Seventh-Day Adventism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Judaism, Hinduism and Islam are CURSED! All of these religions teach a false gospel, a false plan of salvation. Jesus proclaimed that the only way to God the Father is through Himself, i.e., through the Lamb of God Who shed His blood to pay for our sins and redeem us back to God (John 14:6). Amen!

The popular public opinion today is that no one has a right to criticize someone else's beliefs. Whatever happened to free speech? I have every right to criticize your beliefs, and you mine. Now I don't have a right to be mean or unkind to you, but you're going to accuse me of that anyway because I'm criticizing your beliefs. This is the nature of a free-speech society. People get upset. It is not unkind to criticize someone's beliefs or opinions. Only in a truly free society is it safe to be unpopular.

So I say to you, the Catholic Church is demonic, of the Devil and straight-out-of-the-pits-of-Hell. Luke 11:44,52, “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them... for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.” Jesus ripped and scathed the religious hypocrites of His time, whom we still have with us today in larger numbers. Jesus said they are like open graves, traps, waiting for their next victim. The Lord accused them of corrupting the gospel to prevent people from getting saved. The gospel of the Catholic Church is a perverted gospel of death, a trap door leading into Hell, a cursed teaching.

Oh, listen my friend, if religion could save you and me, then Jesus wouldn't have had to bleed and die for our sins. Religion wants to fit us with glasses; but Jesus wants to open our eyes. You don't need the Catholic Church to go to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need ANY religion or church to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need good works to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need water baptism to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need to stop living in sin to go to Heaven, you just need Jesus. When Jesus saves you, then He'll do a work in your heart that'll cause you to want to stop living in sin; but all you need to be saved is Jesus. You don't need to keep the seven sacraments to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't have to confess your sins to a priest to be forgiven, you just need Jesus. JESUS! JESUS! JESUS![/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2013
[size=15pt]Acts 13:10, “And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischief, thou child of the devil, thou enemy of all righteousness, wilt thou not cease to pervert the right ways of the Lord?”[/size]

Below is the 2nd commandment in Exodus. Do you see how the catholic church uses subtlety to distort the word of God? They bow to graven images but the word of God clearly says we should not do so

Exodus 20:4-5, “Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me.”
As you can see the Catholic church has some very good reasons for getting rid of these Scriptures, which forbid bowing to Statues. Notice that even bowing is a sin!!!

The old man cannot be changed, educated, rehabilitated, nor reformed. You need the new birth, that is, a spiritual birth—by receiving Christ's payment for your sins. The Gospel is defined in 1st Corinthians 15:1-4 as Christ's DEATH, BURIAL and RESURRECTION. If you receive the Gospel as payment for YOUR SINS, then you are saved.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
[b]In the Catholic Catechism (part 3) you'll read the following words of blasphemy...

2132 The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it."[70] The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone:

That is what Catholic men teach; but it's not what God says, “THOU SHALT NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM.”

First of all, not bowing to a graven image is the 2nd command, not the first. The evil men who wrote the preceding Catholic Catechism deceitfully split the 10th commandment into two to make up for the missing 2nd commandment. Why are there two commandments telling us not to covet? It seems mighty strange don't you think? It's obvious what the Devil has done here. You can't just eliminate the 2nd Commandment!

Secondly, the quoted passage I have given you from the Catholic Catechism is blasphemy. God clearly warns us in Exodus 20:4-5 NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images.

Catholics attempt to justify their idolatry by comparing what they do to the brazen serpent in the Wilderness in Moses' time. The children of Israel had murmured (complained) so much that God decided to judge them with fiery serpents. 16,000 Israelites had already died and Moses pleaded with the Lord to spare Israel. God told Moses to fabricate a serpent made of brass, to hold it up before the Jews, and tell them to look unto the serpent to live. That serpent symbolized Jesus Christ, Who became as sin to save us.

This is why we read in John 3:14-15, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." Carefully notice that the brazen serpent was God's idea, not Moses. God never told us ANYWHERE in the Word of God to make a statue of anyone nor anything. The Israelites were instructed to “look” to the serpent (which pictured Christ) so they could live. The people were NOT instructed to bow, honor, nor pray to the brazen serpent (statue).

It is sinful for Catholics to attempt to justify their idolatry by taking the incident of the brazen serpent out of context. The entire focus of the brazen serpent is to LOOK TO JESUS TO LIVE. Isaiah 45:22, " Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." It is a sin to look to Mary.

The Catholics can devilishly call their idolatry "Respectful Veneration" if they want to, but it's a direct violation of the 2nd Commandment (which they don't have in Catholicism). Anything can be justified if one is willing to twist the truth far enough. The FACT of the matter is that neither Jesus, nor any of the Apostles, elevated Mary in any capacity. Yet Catholics have created a monstrosity of adoration toward Mary, refusing to obey the Scriptures. Jesus Christ is magnified in the Word of God, not Mary. A standard Rosary contains 53 Hail Marys. It is sinful idolatry[/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 7:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod:

If you pray to Mary, or anyone in Heaven, not only will God ignore you entirely, but you are sinning against God. 1st Timothy 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” We are to pray in Jesus' name for everything we need and desire, because Jesus is the God-man. As men we pray to the man Christ Jesus; and as God Jesus speaks to God the Father on our behalf. The only way to God the Father is through His Son, Jesus Christ. God does not listen to those who come to Him through Mary, nor Peter, nor saint Anthony, nor any other saint. You MUST come through the precious name of Jesus (John 14:6). Mary is NOTHING! Peter is NOTHING!

Jesus is everything! Amen.

you are a MUMU! ur mumurity knws no bounds, walahi.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod:

If you pray to Mary, or anyone in Heaven, not only will God ignore you entirely, but you are sinning against God. 1st Timothy 2:5, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” We are to pray in Jesus' name for everything we need and desire, because Jesus is the God-man. As men we pray to the man Christ Jesus; and as God Jesus speaks to God the Father on our behalf. The only way to God the Father is through His Son, Jesus Christ. God does not listen to those who come to Him through Mary, nor Peter, nor saint Anthony, nor any other saint. You MUST come through the precious name of Jesus (John 14:6). Mary is NOTHING! Peter is NOTHING!

Jesus is everything! Amen.

you are a MUMU! ur mumurity knws no bounds, walahi!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 7:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod:

The Catholic Mary is NOTHING. It is a sin to recognize, pay tribute to, honor, sing about, worship or elevate Jesus' mother as being anything more than a vile, guilty, filthy, dirty, rotten, SINNER! Mary died an earthly death (Romans 6:23), and today is in Heaven, as a sinner saved by God's wondrous grace. Mary is not honored in Heaven above anyone else. Jesus plainly stated in Matthew 11:11 that the greatest human ever born amongst women was John the Baptist (not Mary). Jesus also said he that is LEAST in the kingdom of Heaven is greater than John the Baptist. So Mary is no better than anyone else, neither on earth nor in Heaven. Mary is not to be praised in any special way, for to do so is idolatry.

oh, mods we have a mumu who is running mad in the house oooooo, why ur body de pinch yu na? see as ur hand de run lyk tap, u de type rubbish. why are u answering 4evaGod? u, a guilty, stewpid, sily, smelling, filthy, idiotic, rotten, ignorant, fooolish, and good-for nothing MUMU, equating urself with God in a special way? that is mumurity! and u are an iiiiiiiiiiiidiiiiiiiiot!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 7:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
4everGod:

[b]Oh, listen my friend, you'd better forsake the evil w/hore of Catholicism and instead seek the truth. Jesus said in John 4:23 that God the Father seeks for people who will worship Him in spirit and truth; not in religious ceremony and falsehood. Catholicism is religion, religion and more religion; but true Christianity is of spirit and truth. Catholics don't care about the truth; they blindly believe whatever their priests tell them. The final authority of the Catholic Church is the Vatican; whereas the Final Authority of the true Church is the Word of God. Damn the Catholic Church!

I mean no unkindness. I love all people, Catholics included. However, I do hate Satanic deceptions and lies that blind men to the truth of God's Word. You cannot worship God in Sacraments (a word not even found in the Bible). God wants to be worshipped in spirit from our heart. John 17:17 tells us that God's Word is truth, which sanctifies us. 1st Peter 1:23 tells us that we are born-again by the Seed of God's holy Word. Yet, Catholics are brainwashed by their Catechisms, manmade traditions and doctrines of devils. I speak only the truth. Religion is a road to Hell and destruction (Matthew 7:21-23).[/b]

NOW I AM CONVINCED THAT WE HAVE A MUMU RUNNING FREELY ON NAIRALAND. HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!! MUMU DETECTED! U ARE DEALING ON 'sola scriptura' is the word Bible found in the Bible? why are u spilling ur ignorance lyk dis? i de shame for u O! D VERY CATHOLICS YUR CRITICISIG WER D ONES WHO COMPIED DS VERY BIBLE U ARE MAKING NOISE ABOUT AND THIS WAS MANY HUNDREDS OF YEARS AFTER JESUS LEFT THIS WORLD. what wer d apostles using to teach before then? er, mumu I'M TALKING TO YOU! ANS ME! they wer using bible abi? mumu nayim u be! 2Thesselonians 2:15 says: "Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold unto the TRADITIONS which u hv bn taught. Whether by word, or our epistle. Did u read that? TRADITIONS! TRADITIONS!! MUMU, I SAID TRAAAAAAAADDDDDDIIIIIIIIIITTTTTIIIIIIIIOOOOOOONNNNNNSSSSS! We are hoding on TIGHT to the traditins of the church as it were even before d advent of d Bible and MUMUz lyk u canot shke ppl lyk us. we kw ur type. No one has said the Bible is not relevant in the church. my friend pray for the grace to stop being a MUMU. And before i forgt, change that name O! MUMU
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats..." (1st Timothy 4:1-3). It's not difficult at all to EXPOSE the demonic Catholic faith if a person is simply willing to believe the Bible over Catholic tradition--but that's the BIG PROBLEM ... Jesus said in Matthew 15:9, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." The Bible teaches that Peter had a wife (Matthew 8:14). Yet, Catholic priests are wrongfully denied the God-given privilege to marry. The results have been tragic.

It's almost impossible to convince a Catholic that all of their priests, archbishops, cardinals, and even the Popes are heretics. I can tell you with great certain my friend--they are all LIARS! How can I be so bold as to say such a thing? It's simply because I have in my hand the eternal, inspired, inerrant, infallible, preserved, Words of God. Most Catholics DON'T genuinely believe the Bible. Rather, they have sold their souls to a bunch of religious charlatans (priests) who commit blasphemy by claiming to have the power to forgive your sins.

Even the self-righteous hypocritical Pharisees knew better than to be so arrogant as to claim the power to forgive someone's sin ... "And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying ... Who can forgive sins, but God alone?" Woe unto the Catholic Church, for it is a prisonhouse of religion. Romans 10:3,4 proclaims, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."[/b]

HERE COMES A GREATER MUMU. who told u any priest claims to have the power to forgive sins? READ JOHN 20:23 yu mumu. nonsense
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 7:38pm On Jul 24, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]It is so strange how the Word of God condemns the Catholic religion in plain Words; yet, Catholics BLINDLY follow the Pope and priests. It says in Matthew 23:9, in black and white, even in the Catholic Douay Bible, not to call any man "Father." Yet, that is exactly what Catholics call their priests, cardinals, and Bishops.

The Bible plainly states in 1st Timothy 4:1-3 that false teachers would come to us, teaching doctrine of devils: forbidding to marry, and forbidding to eat meat. The celibacy requirement for all priests is a devilish doctrine. The Catholic forbiddance of meat, or certain meats, on certain days, are doctrines of devils. God plainly tells us to enjoy the meat He has given us to eat, as long as we are thankful for it (1st Timothy 4:4).

Mark 7:6-13 plainly teaches that we are never to follow the traditions of men. Yet, the Catholic religion is one big conglomerate of traditions fabricated over the centuries. It wasn't until the year 1950 that Pope Pious XII decided to make the Assumption of Mary an official Catholic doctrine, a doctrine not found anywhere in the Bible.

Exodus 20:4,5 couldn't be any clearer that even BOWING down to a statue is idolatry. Yet, Catholics foolishly claim that they are not worshipping the statues they are bowing down to. BUT, God forbids us from even bowing to statues. In fact, the Bible is so clear on this matter that the Vatican has even REMOVED the second of the Ten Commandments to deceive you. No wonder 1st Timothy 4:2 states, "Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron." Everything that the Catholic Church has taught you is twisted, corrupted, and damnable!!!

And their conscience's are calloused, harder than steel. In the old days, a wounded soldier would sterilize and seal his would by placing a red-hot sword over the affected area. Ouch! As you can imagine, placing a red-hot sword over any area of your body is going to kill all sensation to that area for a very long time. The Bible teaches that false prophets have their hearts seared, as with a hot iron. In other words, the same sun that melt the wax, hardens the clay. The Bible directs us to "Refuse profane and old wives' fables..." Every Catholic needs to REFUSE to believe the lies of Catholicism any longer, and turn instead to the precious Word of God.[/b]

1st corinthians 7:30-38. emphasising on 32, 33 & 38. mumu
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2013
Richieboyn:

1st corinthians 7:30-38. emphasising on 32, 33 & 38. mumu

[b]You are ignoramously ignorant! Where you quoted from 1st corinthians 7:30-38 is your own downfall. I need to ask you a very simple question? From this portion

35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

37 Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.

Does that scripture not speak of free will to Marry or not? Can a married man become a catholic priest? If you say no, tell me why.

If a catholic priest decides to marry while he is a priest, is he allowed to remain a priest? if you say no, tell me why.

If you can answer these questions then you would have solved the problem of pedophilia among priests in the catholic church. [/b]
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 12:17am On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

[b]You are ignoramously ignorant! Where you quoted from 1st corinthians 7:30-38 is your own downfall. I need to ask you a very simple question? From this portion

35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

36 But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.

37 Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well.

Does that scripture not speak of free will to Marry or not? Can a married man become a catholic priest? If you say no, tell me why.

If a catholic priest decides to marry while he is a priest, is he allowed to remain a priest? if you say no, tell me why.

If you can answer these questions then you would have solved the problem of pedophilia among priests in the catholic church. [/b]

am sorry to say, I don't know why you pentecostals don't know how to interpret the Holy Bible.

Permit me to answer your questions.

1. No; a married man can't become a priest, because it is not part of our doctrine.
2. No; a catholic priest who decides to get married while he is still a priest, can't be allowed to remain a priest because he has broken the law.

Reasons, please read with me for more explanations (Good News Bible);
1st corinthians 7:24-25,27-28,32-38.

24. My brothers each one should remain in fellowship with God in the same condition as he was when he was called.

25. Concerning the present distressn I think it is better for a man to stay as he is.

27. Have you got a wife? Then dontry get rid of her. Are you unmarried? Then don't look for a wife.

28. But if you do marry, you haven't committed a sin; and if an unmarried woman marries, she hasn't committed a sin. But I would rather spare you the everyday troubles that married people will have.

32. I would like you to be free from worry. An unmarried man concerns himself with the Lord's work, because he is trying to please the Lord.

33. But a married man concerns himself with worldly matters, because he wants to please his wife.

34. And so he is pulled in two directions. An unmarried woman or a virgin concerns herself with the Lors's work, because she wants to be dedicated both in body and spirit; but a married woman concerns herself with worldly matters, because she wants to please her husband.

35. I am saying this because I want to help you. I am not trying to put restrictions on you. Instead, I want you to do what is right and proper, and to give yourselves completely to the Lord'd service without any reservation.

36. In the case of an engaged couple who have decided not to marry: if the man feels that he is not acting properly towards the girl and if his passions are too strong and he feels that they ought to marry, then they should get married, as he wants to. There is no sin in this.

37. But if a man, without being forced to do so, has firmly made up his mind not to marry, and if he has his will under complete control and has already decided in his own mind what to do-then he does well not to marry the girl.

38. So the man who marries does well, but the one who doesn't marry does even better.

Does that scripture not speak of free will to Marry or not?

Yes the Bible did, but the same bible tells us that the man who doesn't marry does even better than the man that marry. It all about choice as it as been well explained in the Holy Bible.

So, when you read through you will know why catholic priest does not marry or married man are not allowed to become a priest, they are to give their selves completely to the Lord's service that is the catholic doctrine.

I know I have answered your questions. Thanks
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 1:50am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi:

am sorry to say, I don't know why you pentecostals don't know how to interpret the Holy Bible.

1. No; a married man can't become a priest, because it is not part of our doctrine.
2. No; a catholic priest who decides to get married while he is still a priest, can't be allowed to remain a priest because he has broken the law.

24. My brothers each one should remain in fellowship with God in the same condition as he was when he was called.

25. Concerning the present distressn I think it is better for a man to stay as he is.

27. Have you got a wife? Then dontry get rid of her. Are you unmarried? Then don't look for a wife.

28. But if you do marry, you haven't committed a sin; and if an unmarried woman marries, she hasn't committed a sin. But I would rather spare you the everyday troubles that married people will have.

32. I would like you to be free from worry. An unmarried man concerns himself with the Lord's work, because he is trying to please the Lord.

33. But a married man concerns himself with worldly matters, because he wants to please his wife.

34. And so he is pulled in two directions. An unmarried woman or a virgin concerns herself with the Lors's work, because she wants to be dedicated both in body and spirit; but a married woman concerns herself with worldly matters, because she wants to please her husband.

35. I am saying this because I want to help you. I am not trying to put restrictions on you. Instead, I want you to do what is right and proper, and to give yourselves completely to the Lord'd service without any reservation.

36. In the case of an engaged couple who have decided not to marry: if the man feels that he is not acting properly towards the girl and if his passions are too strong and he feels that they ought to marry, then they should get married, as he wants to. There is no sin in this.

37. But if a man, without being forced to do so, has firmly made up his mind not to marry, and if he has his will under complete control and has already decided in his own mind what to do-then he does well not to marry the girl.

38. So the man who marries does well, but the one who doesn't marry does even better.

Yes the Bible did, but the same bible tells us that the man who doesn't marry does even better than the man that marry. It all about choice as it as been well explained in the Holy Bible.

So, when you read through you will know why catholic priest does not marry or married man are not allowed to become a priest, they are to give their selves completely to the Lord's service that is the catholic doctrine.

lol, chichi relax na, why are u stressi urself? relax dear, it is really hard to drop the shackles of mumurity. she knows she has made a public show o her foolishess so its hard for her to accept at this point. d msg is VERY CLEAR. And doz hu av sense av seen it. dm de force psn to b priest? No! if u marry, fine. if not, fine. leave the mumu alone, her mumurity is concnetrated.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Richieboyn: 1:54am On Jul 25, 2013
Is the Bible alone (sola scriptura) the sole rule of faith?
Nope.
Jesus left us a Church over 2000 years ago to teach, govern
and sanctify in His name until the end of time. Catholics
accept the Bible as an authority in matters of faith because it
is God's inspired Word. However, we do not believe it to be
the only rule of faith.
Why?
First of all, the Bible tells us that Jesus left us a Church with
divine authority to govern in His name. (Matthew 16:13-20,
18:18, Luke 10:16). Christ also promised that the Church
would last until the end of time. (Matthew 16:18, 28:19-20,
John 14:16). The Bible also tells us that Sacred Tradition is to
be followed alongside Sacred Scripture. (2 Thess 2:15, 3:6).
Sola Scriptura is not biblical. The doctrine of sola scripture is
not even found in Scripture. In fact, the Bible tells us that we
need more than just the Bible alone, for it says that not
everything Jesus said and did is recorded in Holy Scripture.
(John 21:25) and that we must hold fast to oral tradition - the
"preached" Word of God. (1 Cor 11:2; 1 Pet 1:25.)
The Bible clearly tells us that it is the Church that is the "pillar
and bulwark of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15)
Papal authority has strong support in Scripture, and can be
traced back historically. Peter was appointed the first Pope by
Christ Himself - he was given the "Keys to the Kingdom of
Heaven." What a beautiful gift. To no one else does Christ give
this ruling power. The popes as Christ's vicars are the visible
heads of Christ's Church while Christ is the invisible and
supreme head. For those who think Peter was not infallible,
why do they accept his two letters (found in the Bible) as
inspired (infallible)?
Remember, the canon of the Bible was officially determined in
the fourth century by Catholic councils and Catholic popes.
The Catholic Church determined what books belonged in the
Bible. We needed the authority of the Church (outside the Bible
"alone"wink to determine what books belonged in the Bible.
Leaving the Bible up for personal interpretation leads to
thousands of different interpretations of Scripture. Think
about the U.S. Constitution - - an authority (the Supreme
Court) was established to guard, guarantee and officially
interpret it - without it there would be chaos and endless
divisions as everyone acting as their own authority. God is a
God of order, not disorder. There is no way he would have left
us with his Holy word without an authority to guard and
officially interpret it. That just doesn't make sense.
Sola Scripture was unheard of before the Reformation , it is
not biblical, it is not historical, and is not logical. Jesus left us
a Church, who several hundred years later, decided what
books belonged in the Bible. Thank God for our Magisterium,
for Holy Scripture, and for Holy Tradition. ♥
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 7:56am On Jul 25, 2013
Boomark:

see my brother,i knw when one is nt ready to learn but to ridicule. So we both knw u are nt ready to learn, so i own u no answer. So guy, like d wise sayin, a word is enough for d wise. So keep wallowing in ur ignorance while i count my blessings. Takecare and also extend my greetings to that foreverguy dat he kept Falling my hand with dat act of copy and paste thing and also his wrong interpretation of d bible. May God help u both and i wish u well in all ur life endeavors.
GLORY TO JESUS AND HONOUR TO MARY.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by nnatom: 8:27am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi:

my dear chichi, i hav come to realise dat dis guys are clueless and ignorant. Teach them from nw till tomorrow, nothing. Pls let them wallow in their ignorance.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 25, 2013
talk2chichi:

What you posted above shows your ignorance in revelations of the word of God. I am leading you somewhere with my questions. Now tell me who is a priest and who are those whom the bible regards as priests in the New Testament?

My questions are to show you the light of truth and help you to search the scriptures. Answer the question

Let me drop a little hint. In the old testament only priests are allowed into the holy of holies of the temple but in the new Testament where is the Holy of holies located?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2013
Richieboyn: Is the Bible alone (sola scriptura) the sole rule of faith?
Nope.
Jesus left us a Church over 2000 years ago to teach, govern
and sanctify in His name until the end of time. Catholics
accept the Bible as an authority in matters of faith because it
is God's inspired Word. However, we do not believe it to be
the only rule of faith.
Why?
First of all, the Bible tells us that Jesus left us a Church with
divine authority to govern in His name. (Matthew 16:13-20,
18:18, Luke 10:16). Christ also promised that the Church
would last until the end of time. (Matthew 16:18, 28:19-20,
John 14:16). The Bible also tells us that Sacred Tradition is to
be followed alongside Sacred Scripture. (2 Thess 2:15, 3:6).
Sola Scriptura is not biblical. The doctrine of sola scripture is
not even found in Scripture. In fact, the Bible tells us that we
need more than just the Bible alone, for it says that not
everything Jesus said and did is recorded in Holy Scripture.
(John 21:25) and that we must hold fast to oral tradition - the
"preached" Word of God. (1 Cor 11:2; 1 Pet 1:25.)
The Bible clearly tells us that it is the Church that is the "pillar
and bulwark of the truth." (1 Timothy 3:15)
Papal authority has strong support in Scripture, and can be
traced back historically. Peter was appointed the first Pope by
Christ Himself - he was given the "Keys to the Kingdom of
Heaven." What a beautiful gift. To no one else does Christ give
this ruling power. The popes as Christ's vicars are the visible
heads of Christ's Church while Christ is the invisible and
supreme head. For those who think Peter was not infallible,
why do they accept his two letters (found in the Bible) as
inspired (infallible)?
Remember, the canon of the Bible was officially determined in
the fourth century by Catholic councils and Catholic popes.
The Catholic Church determined what books belonged in the
Bible. We needed the authority of the Church (outside the Bible
"alone"wink to determine what books belonged in the Bible.
Leaving the Bible up for personal interpretation leads to
thousands of different interpretations of Scripture. Think
about the U.S. Constitution - - an authority (the Supreme
Court) was established to guard, guarantee and officially
interpret it - without it there would be chaos and endless
divisions as everyone acting as their own authority. God is a
God of order, not disorder. There is no way he would have left
us with his Holy word without an authority to guard and
officially interpret it. That just doesn't make sense.
Sola Scripture was unheard of before the Reformation , it is
not biblical, it is not historical, and is not logical. Jesus left us
a Church, who several hundred years later, decided what
books belonged in the Bible. Thank God for our Magisterium,
for Holy Scripture, and for Holy Tradition. ♥
the truth is that the pentecostals find it so difficult to understand the Bible, they interpret the Bible to favour them, but against the catholics, every church has their own docterines, the funny thing is that when you go to pentecostal churches they do a lot of things that those not please God there, but they will not talk about their evil act and try to stop them, pentecostals please leave the catholics alone and try to work on your churches, stop doing those things that does not please God.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by talk2chichi: 9:36am On Jul 25, 2013
naijadeyhia:

What you posted above shows your ignorance in revelations of the word of God. I am leading you somewhere with my questions. Now tell me who is a priest and who are those whom the bible regards as priests in the New Testament?

My questions are to show you the light of truth and help you to search the scriptures. Answer the question

Let me drop a little hint. In the old testament only priests are allowed into the holy of holies of the temple but in the new Testament where is the Holy of holies located?
the person ignorance in revelations of the word of God is you. What I posted above is based on the first questons you asked, Was this your first question? You are confused, what a pity, You need the Holy Spirit of God in you, because I don't talk to those that do not have the Holy Spirit in them, cos they can never understand no matter how the word of God is explain to them, they can't understand the things of the spirit, I can see that you fall in such group.

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye: "I'm Talking To My Children Not You" / Akin Alabi Blasts Adeboye Over Comment On Type Of People To Marry / Demystifying Evolution! Exposing It And Its Fraud!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 293
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.