Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,529 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (64860 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

yes im asking questions irrelevant to dis thread, as are u. d topic is abt worship... do u know how many oda topics u ve brought up? or is catholic d topic?

ans d first and perhaps only qus i will ask... just ans.

Yes im smart and upright cheesy

Answer the questions that are relevant to this thread from the list of questions i asked you. infact most of the questions i asked you came from some "funny" comments you made. too bad you're always trying to turn this thread into a "you dey mad, i dey craze" type.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 10:53pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: huh? Disprove your claim that non-catholics worship the bible? Lol. You have not even proved it. The burden of preoof lies with he who asserts. After your proof, then I disprove. That's how it works.

Tell you what, open a thread on that bible worship issue and I'd be glad to give you as much as you hunger for.
This thread is for Mary worship and my question is very simple and not off topic, but since you have refused to answer, no problemo. smiley
open a thread, no...

i ve proved my assertion, d burden of proof has shifted grin
i ve given u reasons why i believe u worship d bible, disprove it.

u can help out wit d thread... i shall ans d questions after u ans mine..u see, i even have my ans ready.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 10:56pm On Mar 22, 2013
honeric01:

Answer the questions that are relevant to this thread from the list of questions i asked you. infact most of the questions i asked you came from some "funny" comments you made. too bad you're always trying to turn this thread into a "you dey mad, i dey craze" type.
wat u don't know is dat d ans to d qus directed at u ll ans ut questions...
i ve been most courteous, im not turning dis thread into mad craze type, i take exception to dat pls.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 10:58pm On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

wat u don't know is dat d ans to d qus directed at u ll ans ut questions...
i ve been most courteous, im not turning dis thread into mad craze type, i take exception to dat pls.

Check your comments to see how you have been 'insulting" me and others because you can't find a befitting response to these comments.

Anyways, i expected too much from you, should leave this thread disappointed, can't believe this is all you have to offer after more than 8 hours break.

It's well!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Oahray: 11:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

open a thread, no...

i ve proved my assertion, d burden of proof has shifted grin
i ve given u reasons why i believe u worship d bible, disprove it.

u can help out wit d thread... i shall ans d questions after u ans mine..u see, i even have my ans ready.
I didnt see any such post worth commenting on.

The way you are going on about it, it's obvious it is simply a tool for diversion, a sort of defensive mechanism. "They say I worship Mary, lemme accuse them of worshipping something too. What do I use o.... Yes! The bible!"

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Odunharry(m): 11:18pm On Mar 22, 2013
gree-die:

you are yet to ans my qus or do u want me to do it for u? do u want me to say...u have misunderstood completely. Sola Scriptura doesn’t set the Bible in opposition to Jesus. It does exactly the opposite: it helps us to glorify Jesus....
u worship d bible don't u?

ans d qus!!!!
abeg no derail..u didnt answer ma question either.im nt against the catholic church bt why they bow down to marry and stuffs like that..i tink u shud ansa d question d op threw out
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 11:21pm On Mar 22, 2013
Oahray: I didnt see any such post worth commenting on.

The way you are going on about it, it's obvious it is simply a tool for diversion, a sort of defensive mechanism. "They say I worship Mary, lemme accuse them of worshipping something too. What do I use o.... Yes! The bible!"
diversion? no. i just realised dat u ve d ans to d qus u ask... and it lies in answering my question.
even.if its a diversion, just ans den u can steer d argument back to course.
honeric01:

Check your comments to see how you have been 'insulting" me and others because you can't find a befitting response to these comments.

Anyways, i expected too much from you, should leave this thread disappointed, can't believe this is all you have to offer after more than 8 hours break.

It's well!
dats not my style... if i find out i insulted anyone, i ll tender my apology.. but i didn't insult anyone so....

honerico, im d last person u wanna psych..u cant. i ve been answering ur question, just dis one from me and u r bringing in all des defense mechanisms? trying to make me lose my cool, belittling my person... it wont work. i already know dat attack is d best defence..say all u want, just ans my lil qus before we cont.

if u don't, u should be disappointed alryt... in ursf ofcz.
i spent 8 hrs studying, lectures and d rest. gimme a brk pls. grin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by greedie1(f): 11:27pm On Mar 22, 2013
Odunharry: abeg no derail..u didnt answer ma question either.im nt against the catholic church bt why they bow down to marry and stuffs like that..i tink u shud ansa d question d op threw out
calm down... na d exclamation mark dey make u para lyk dis? ha!

from page one i ve been answering qus. just dis one from me and u all are going macho on me. my friend, der is no word lyk intimidation in my dictionary.

i didn't expect dis atall... was thinking someone ll volunteer d ans and i ll make d point i want to make but wat do i see?.... u lot have been too busy hating on d catholic church to learn ur own doctrine. A PITY IS WAT IT IS,REALLY!!!!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 22, 2013
Protestantism is founded on two main maxims

1.Sola bible

2.Sola fide

Both maxims are totally unscriptural and was merely a figment of the imagination of martin luther.

The bible was compiled by a collection of extant scriptures in the fourth century by the catholic church in the fourth century.Prior to that the bible did not exist.Biblical authours even quoted and referred to readers books not even contained in the bible. Worse still protestants went ahead to remove 7 books from the 73 books canonised @ the synod of hippo 393 CE and council of carthage 397CE.This books were removed becausw they were not canonised by the jewish council of jamnia in 100CE forgeting that these same jewish council rejected Jesus christ and the entire NT.

The sola fide was equally disproved as the scriptures explicitly tells us in the letter of James that faith without works is dead.Protestantism has no real scriptural basis but rather borne out of human ideologies.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
St ireneaus writes in 175CE

3. The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the Church, committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of this Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeeded Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles, Clement was allotted the bishopric. This man, as he had seen the blessed apostles, and had been conversant with them, might be said to have the preaching of the apostles still echoing [in his ears], and their traditions before his eyes. Nor was he alone [in this], for there were many still remaining who had received instructions from the apostles. In the time of this Clement, no small dissension having occurred among the brethren at Corinth, the Church in Rome dispatched a most powerful letter to the Corinthians, exhorting them to peace, renewing their faith, and declaring the tradition which it had lately received from the apostles, proclaiming the one God, omnipotent, the Maker of heaven and earth, the Creator of man, who brought on the deluge, and called Abraham, who led the people from the land of Egypt, spoke with Moses, set forth the law, sent the prophets, and who has prepared fire for the devil and his angels. From this document, whosoever chooses to do so, may learn that He, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, was preached by the Churches, and may also understand the tradition of the Church, since this Epistle is of older date than these men who are now propagating falsehood, and who conjure into existence another god beyond the Creator and the Maker of all existing things. To this Clement there succeeded Evaristus. Alexander followed Evaristus; then, sixth from the apostles, Sixtus was appointed; after him, Telephorus, who was gloriously martyred; then Hyginus; after him, Pius; then after him, Anicetus. Soter having succeeded Anicetus, Eleutherius does now, in the twelfth place from the apostles, hold the inheritance of the episcopate. In this order, and by this succession, the ecclesiastical tradition from the apostles, and the preaching of the truth, have come down to us. And this is most abundant proof that there is one and the same vivifying faith, which has been preserved in the Church from the apostles until now, and handed down in truth.

4. But Polycarp also was not only instructed by apostles, and conversed with many who had seen Christ, but was also, by apostles in Asia, appointed bishop of the Church in Smyrna, whom I also saw in my early youth, for he tarried [on earth] a very long time, and, when a very old man, gloriously and most nobly suffering martyrdom, departed this life, having always taught the things which he had learned from the apostles, and which the Church has handed down, and which alone are true. To these things all the Asiatic Churches testify, as do also those men who have succeeded Polycarp down to the present time,— a man who was of much greater weight, and a more steadfast witness of truth, than Valentinus, and Marcion, and the rest of the heretics. He it was who, coming to Rome in the time of Anicetus caused many to turn away from the aforesaid heretics to the Church of God, proclaiming that he had received this one and sole truth from the apostles—that, namely, which is handed down by the Church. There are also those who heard from him that John, the disciple of the Lord, going to bathe at Ephesus, and perceiving Cerinthus within, rushed out of the bath-house without bathing, exclaiming, “Let us fly, lest even the bath-house fall down, because Cerinthus, the enemy of the truth, is within.” And Polycarp himself replied to Marcion, who met him on one occasion, and said, “Do you know me?” “I do know you, the first-born of Satan.” Such was the horror which the apostles and their disciples had against holding even verbal communication with any corrupters of the truth; as Paul also says, “A man that is an heretic, after the first and second admonition, reject; knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sins, being condemned of himself.” ⁠Titus 3:10⁠ There is also a very powerful Epistle of Polycarp written to the Philippians, from which those who choose to do so, and are anxious about their salvation, can learn the character of his faith, and the preaching of the truth. Then, again, the Church in Ephesus, founded by Paul, and having John remaining among them permanently until the times of Trajan, is a true witness of the tradition of the apostles.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Mar 22, 2013
St ireneaus writes in 175CE

3. The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the Church, committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of this Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him succeeded Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles, Clement was allotted the bishopric. This man, as he had seen the blessed apostles, and had been conversant with them, might be said to have the preaching of the apostles still echoing [in his ears], and their traditions before his eyes. Nor was he alone [in this], for there were many still remaining who had received instructions from the apostles. In the time of this Clement, no small dissension having occurred among the brethren at Corinth, the Church in Rome dispatched a most powerful letter to the Corinthians, exhorting them to peace, renewing their faith, and declaring the tradition which it had lately received from the apostles, proclaiming the one God, omnipotent, the Maker of heaven and earth, the Creator of man, who brought on the deluge, and called Abraham, who led the people from the land of Egypt, spoke with Moses, set forth the law, sent the prophets, and who has prepared fire for the devil and his angels. From this document, whosoever chooses to do so, may learn that He, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, was preached by the Churches, and may also understand the tradition of the Church, since this Epistle is of older date than these men who are now propagating falsehood, and who conjure into existence another god beyond the Creator and the Maker of all existing things. To this Clement there succeeded Evaristus. Alexander followed Evaristus; then, sixth from the apostles, Sixtus was appointed; after him, Telephorus, who was gloriously martyred; then Hyginus; after him, Pius; then after him, Anicetus. Soter having succeeded Anicetus, Eleutherius does now, in the twelfth place from the apostles, hold the inheritance of the episcopate. In this order, and by this succession, the ecclesiastical tradition from the apostles, and the preaching of the truth, have come down to us. And this is most abundant proof that there is one and the same vivifying faith, which has been preserved in the Church from the apostles until now, and handed down in truth.

4. But Polycarp also was not only instructed by apostles, and conversed with many who had seen Christ, but was also, by apostles in Asia, appointed bishop of the Church in Smyrna, whom I also saw in my early youth, for he tarried [on earth] a very long time, and, when a very old man, gloriously and most nobly suffering martyrdom, departed this life, having always taught the things which he had learned from the apostles, and which the Church has handed down, and which alone are true. To these things all the Asiatic Churches testify, as do also those men who have succeeded Polycarp down to the present time,— a man who was of much greater weight, and a more steadfast witness of truth, than Valentinus, and Marcion, and the rest of the heretics. He it was who, coming to Rome in the time of Anicetus caused many to turn away from the aforesaid heretics to the Church of God, proclaiming that he had received this one and sole truth from the apostles—that, namely, which is handed down by the Church. There are also those who heard from him that John, the disciple of the Lord, going to bathe at Ephesus, and perceiving Cerinthus within, rushed out of the bath-house without bathing, exclaiming, “Let us fly, lest even the bath-house fall down, because Cerinthus, the enemy of the truth, is within.” And Polycarp himself replied to Marcion, who met him on one occasion, and said, “Do you know me?” “I do know you, the first-born of Satan.” Such was the horror which the apostles and their disciples had against holding even verbal communication with any corrupters of the truth; as Paul also says, “A man that is an heretic, after the first and second admonition, reject; knowing that he that is such is subverted, and sins, being condemned of himself.” ⁠Titus 3:10⁠ There is also a very powerful Epistle of Polycarp written to the Philippians, from which those who choose to do so, and are anxious about their salvation, can learn the character of his faith, and the preaching of the truth. Then, again, the Church in Ephesus, founded by Paul, and having John remaining among them permanently until the times of Trajan, is a true witness of the tradition of the apostles.
~st Ireneaus of lyons in Against heresies written in 175 CE

Here we here about the origin of the papacy from those who witnessed it and were opportuned to commune with those who met the apostles
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:00am On Mar 23, 2013
gree-die:

calm down... na d exclamation mark dey make u para lyk dis? ha!

from page one i ve been answering qus. just dis one from me and u all are going macho on me. my friend, der is no word lyk intimidation in my dictionary.

i didn't expect dis atall... was thinking someone ll volunteer d ans and i ll make d point i want to make but wat do i see?.... u lot have been too busy hating on d catholic church to learn ur own doctrine. A PITY IS WAT IT IS,REALLY!!!!!

Babe don't mind this hypocritical ignoramuses.They don't even know anything about their faith.The onlything there are good for is hatred for the roman catholics.

They worship the bible and their greedy private jet pastors yet they have no idea how the bible came about

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ishilove: 4:48am On Mar 23, 2013
gree-die:

diversion? no. i just realised dat u ve d ans to d qus u ask... and it lies in answering my question.
even.if its a diversion, just ans den u can steer d argument back to course.

dats not my style... if i find out i insulted anyone, i ll tender my apology.. but i didn't insult anyone so....

honerico, im d last person u wanna psych..u cant. i ve been answering ur question just dis one from me and u r bringing in all des defense mechanisms? trying to make me lose my cool, belittling my person... it wont work. i already know dat attack is d best defence..say all u want, just ans my lil qus before we cont.

You haven't answered any questions. All is see is a lot of copy and paste from the internet. The others have been answering the questions you have been posing, as trivial and irrevelant they might be. You didn't answer any, but now went ahead by accusing us of worshipping the bible, which is of course one of the silliest things I have ever heard. You wnet round and round and beat around the bush, copying and pasting things you neither understand, nor comprehend their significance. "Let me just copy and paste it on the thread, it looks like it makes sense and it will help my argument!"

The thing is you as a catholic, have been so conditioned to deify objects that you now see non-catholic usage of the Word of God as 'bible worship'. Utterly ridiculous. We don't bow before the bible, we don't kneel before the bible, we don't use the bible as a mediator etc, unlike what obtains in the catholic church.

You kneel before carved statues hewn out of wood, stone, marble and ceramic and PRAY. You make Mary and a host of other good people who died centuries ago your focal point during prayers. You deify a jewish woman, who in her lifetime, though favoured to carry the Saviour, was a follower of the Messiah and died like every other human being; and put her on the same pedestal with God. Blasphemy upon abominations.

I am not asking you to change your beliefs;the Holy Spirit will do that. You are set in your ways, so it is left for the Holy Spirit to convince you otherwise. Whether or not you choose to open your eyes to the biblical proof that clearly points out that what is practiced in the catholic church is idolatory is irrelevant. Whether you accept it is unimportant. It won't change the fact that a lot of paganism was infused into the catholic doctrines. It won't also change the fact that what is happening in the catholic church is pagan and unscriptural, and therefore idolatrous.

That is the fact, whether or not you choose to accept. This is the last I am commenting on this matter.

Matthew 15 vs 9-"They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

Fini.

5 Likes

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:29am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:
You haven't answered any questions. All is see is a lot of copy and paste from the internet. The others have been answering the questions you have been posing, as trivial and irrevelant they might be. You didn't answer any, but now went ahead by accusing us of worshipping the bible, which is of course one of the silliest things I have ever heard. You wnet round and round and beat around the bush, copying and pasting things you neither understand, nor comprehend their significance. "Let me just copy and paste it on the thread, it looks like it makes sense and it will help my argument!"

The thing is you as a catholic, have been so conditioned to deify objects that you now see non-catholic usage of the Word of God as 'bible worship'. Utterly ridiculous. We don't bow before the bible, we don't kneel before the bible, we don't use the bible as a mediator etc, unlike what obtains in the catholic church.

You kneel before carved statues hewn out of wood, stone, marble and ceramic and PRAY. You make Mary and a host of other good people who died centuries ago your focal point during prayers. You deify a jewish woman, who in her lifetime, though favoured to carry the Saviour, was a follower of the Messiah and died like every other human being; and put her on the same pedestal with God. Blasphemy upon abominations.

I am not asking you to change your beliefs;the Holy Spirit will do that. You are set in your ways, so it is left for the Holy Spirit to convince you otherwise. Whether or not you choose to open your eyes to the biblical proof that clearly points out that what is practiced in the catholic church is idolatory is irrelevant. Whether you accept it is unimportant. It won't change the fact that a lot of paganism was infused into the catholic doctrines. It won't also change the fact that what is happening in the catholic church is pagan and unscriptural, and therefore idolatrous.

That is the fact, whether or not you choose to accept. This is the last I am commenting on this matter.

Matthew 15 vs 9-"They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men."

Fini.

The bible is not the word of God,Jesus christ is!! The bible is merely a collection of christian scriptures compiled by the catholic church in the fourth century CE.Stop worshipping the bible!! The word bible is even unscriptural !!

Whether she copies and paste from an article to answer your kweshions does not matter once the kweshions are addresses.You might do likewise.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 5:42am On Mar 23, 2013
[/quote]I am not asking you to change your beliefs;the Holy Spirit will do that. You are set in your ways, so it is left for the Holy Spirit to convince you otherwise. Whether or not you choose to open your eyes to the biblical proof that clearly points out that what is practiced in the catholic church is idolatory is irrelevant. Whether you accept it is unimportant. It won't change the fact that a lot of paganism was infused into the catholic doctrines. It won't also change the fact that what is happening in the catholic church is pagan and unscriptural, and therefore idolatrous. [quote]

The same 'holy spirit' that inspires the 40,000+ denominations with their crazy differant doctrines.Every day we have more of these business centres opening on daily basis.Your pastors worship money and even revere it more than we catholics do to the blessed Virgin Mary you accuse us of worshipping.Look @ the RCCG,winners ,or even the CAN president with resources far less than 1 catholic diovese in california yet their pastors live off extravagant lives @ the expense of their congragation who majority of them wallow in penury.

Shame on u all!! Listen to the words of the master!! Take off the log of wood in your eyes so that you will see clearly the scratch in your brothers eye!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:46am On Mar 23, 2013
Acidosis: Please I need your answers, brothers and sisters
hehehe, all generations acclaim her blessed, dats what happens
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:49am On Mar 23, 2013
Acidosis:
even in an emergency?
Like confronting a demon possess individual¿.. Don't you think the demon would disgrace one before She (Mary) deliver the message to the saviour (Jesus)?
nothing beats d devils pride like humility, mary's humility will repulse d devil and catholic exorcist use it.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:56am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove: Wish I could package frosbel and take him home grin tongue

What the Word says is there is only one Mediator, Jesus Christ. I don't understand how Mary managed to become an intercessor

@greedie: I attended a catholice secondary school, so I know for a fact that Catholics ask Mary to pray for human beings.

"Hail Mary, Mother of God,

Pray for us sinners,

Now and forever more. Amen"

A song-

"Mater Amabalis

Ora pronobis

Listen to your children, they are calling on you

Ave sanctissima, ave purissima,

Sinless and beautiful, star of the night"

Not just Mary, but a thousand and one other saints, some of who we've never heard of are asked to pray for the sins of mankind.

They sha say all of them kpakpo should pray for 'us'.

The justification for this is Elisabeth, John the Baptist's mother who declared that Mary was 'blessed and more highly favoured amongst every other woman'. Luke 1vs 42.

And my Lord said in Matthew 15 vs 9: They worship Me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.

undecided
ishi, are you are christain? Are you an intercessor? If your answer is yes on both counts then i wonder why u are an intercessor and are still wordering about mary's ability to interceed.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:57am On Mar 23, 2013
Ishilove:
Honoured to the point of asking her to pray for us?
do people ask you for prayers? If yes, why cant other member's of christ body be asked?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:59am On Mar 23, 2013
CrazyMan:
Mary was just the earthly vessel God use in bringing Jesus into this world.

She's human like you and I...so it would look silly to worship her.
amen to d bolded.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 6:11am On Mar 23, 2013
gree-die:

martyred as in died for church? ok... lemme brk it down. tell me who founded ur religion and mine?
thats where the problem lies..you have turned christianity into religion of men..A personal relationship with Jesus is what you need NOT worship of idols...

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:20am On Mar 23, 2013
I know d thread is alread 8th page long but i hope u are still on it, i would love a discussion.
Ihedinobi: I actually understand both extremes - one of making something of Mary and one of making nothing of her. I think that either is a snare.

When a person serves the Lord well, they deserve honor. They are worthy examples of how we ought to be with the Lord. Mary is a grand example of true submission to the Lord. She is also a good example of the meaning of sacrifice. But it dishonors her to make her something that she is not nor has ever been.
amen!

In any case, for my Roman brothers and sisters, I get the thought that the family in heaven and on earth is one family and it means the same to you to ask a saint whp has been called home to pray for you as it means to ask one yet on earth to pray for you. But there is a significant difference. The saints above have been freed from their labors (including watching for their brethren), they are resting and waiting for us. Until we are all together, they must rest and wait for their glorious bodies. It is our part today to work, pray, preacb, in short, labor and run the race set before us. If anyone ought to pray, it is us. If there is anyone for whom we must pray, it is us. If there is anyone of whom we may ask prayer, it is one another on this side of the divide. Let us not trouble our brethren whose labors are over, they have earned a right to rest.
here i disagree. The dead saints are resting in christ but resting doesnt equal idleness, infact my bible says that after their labours on earth God puts the saints "in charge of many things", their rest isn't idle. Heb 12:1 makes a beautiful analogy! We are runners in the race and the saints are surrounding us as a great cloud of witness. Have u ever been to a race with a silient crowd of witness? Certainly not! The witness must be cheering for or against!
The significant difference doesnt exist, just one body (d body of christ) with many members, can d hand say i dont want d leg? Or cand d head sever itself from the body? No! We are one body, and to think d dead saint must live seperate from those on earth is to deny the communion within the body i christ.
Of course, none of this means that they're uninvolved in the War of the Cross. They very much are. Their labors yet produce. Every book they've written, prayers they've said, letters they've authored, everything in which they obeyed will continue to grow in power and bless their brethren yet wearing the earthly tent. Every bit of their labors is a living power available to believers on this side of the divide to fight a good fight with. But they themselves have nothing more to give until we are all together with the Lord. Then our new labors will begin together and carry on through eternity.
the bible seems silient of the divide you seem to see.
I do hope you are still on the thread.
Frosbel keep off.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:24am On Mar 23, 2013
Acidosis:

Why should anyone pray through Mary when you've been told to pray through/and in the name of Jesus christ? I don't understand..

Does that mean, I can ask my grandfather to pray for me?
just d same way u pray thru your pastor.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:27am On Mar 23, 2013
Acidosis:
Biggest lie in History!

The blood that flows through a man is that of the father, not the mother (go for a blood test if you doubt).
The blood that flows through Jesus is from above (God), not Mary's.. lil wonder he passed through a virgin, so no one on earth will claim HIM not even the husband of Mary.

..and yes, he took the "flesh" from Mary! But the Flesh died over 2000years ago.
He took the form of a man so he could fulfill the prophecy of death & resurrection.. He came to die for us including Mary the earthly mother (cos she'd have landed in hell had it been she failed to accept him (Jesus) as her Lord and personal saviour).

The way you guys make much noise in worship about Mary sounds like Mary is the wife of God, and Jesus is the 'small child' of Mary grin

I dey wait for the judgement day cheesy
you have no knowledge of biology, where did u get d idea that d blood dat flows thru a man comes from his father? Maybe you want to explain how manage my broda has my mums blood group.
Please dont add lies just becos u want to make a defense.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:29am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

Did the bible say anything about the death of any of the female disciples nor the rest of the disciples apart from the direct 12? does it mean the rest didn't die too since the bible didn't say anything about them?

its just a fact that there is no proof wether biblical of extra biblical that marry is in d grave.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:31am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

And why did they single out only Mary and not the rest of the disciples?

Jesus specifically mentioned it in the bible "I AM THE WAY, TRUTH AND LIFE, NO MAN COMMETH TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH ME" any other way is no way and there's NO WHERE IN THE BIBLE IT WAS STATED THAT MARY HAS ANY INTERCESSORY POWERS TO HELP US PASS OUR SUPPLICATIONS TO JESUS NOR GOD.
d bible say i'm a intercessor, so is mary d only xtian who lacks d power to interceed.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:39am On Mar 23, 2013
frosbel:

ignore me, I will not ignore you.

I am an ex-catholic and Mary is at the center of most prayers and worship.

Sick!!!
that may seem so to u becos u no dey attend mass.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:45am On Mar 23, 2013
honeric01:

LOL, so you mean because a jug is used to house water, the jug automatically becomes the source of that water?

Mary herself needed to believe in Jesus and also became his disciple before she was saved, if she hadn't believed in Christ,she would have died and remain a candidate of hell just like any other unbeliever out there. if she was already the head of the church, why then follow Jesus instead of Jesus following her since she's the mother of Jesus?
sorry my bible says marry was saved before the birth of christ. That is why even b4 christ birth she says "my soul glorifies d lord my spirit rejoice in God my saviour" she already had a saviour.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 6:58am On Mar 23, 2013
belabela: To add to the topic. Mary was like a surrogate mother. Modern science has shown us that it is possible for a woman to carry a child without having any DNA contribution to the child. i.e the father and the mother of the baby in her womb is different from carrier of the baby. Her only duty will be to carry her for 9 months. She has no genetic contribution to the child. Mary was like that but blessed to carry in her womb the son of God. She was equally blessed to raise him up. Claiming that Jesus got her humanity from Mary is bogus
bottomline: God is human and placed his humanity in mary.
Sounds heretic.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:03am On Mar 23, 2013
Enigma: @ belabela

Actually, the Roman Catholics did not have a canon of their own until the Council of Trent in as late as the 16th century! It was only after the shenanigans with Martin Luther etc that the Roman Catholics finally defined their own canon.

Yes, other people came up with their own idea of a canon e.g. the African churches at regional synods in Hippo and Carthage (EDIT) i.e. in the 4th century and more than 1000 years before the Roman Catholic Council of Trent! Even before that there were other compilations by different people/groups. The Roman Catholics try to lay claim to the African synods but a proper examination of the situation will disprove the Roman Catholic claims.

smiley
now pls stop lying, d council of trenth only decleared d canon close. The synod of rome determined d catholic canon in 382 after which pope damasus comission d vulgate, the synod of hypo and cathage were held in d presence of d representatives of d pope, both councils sent their resolution to rome and it was accepted by d pope, they actually adopted d canon of d roman synod.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 7:03am On Mar 23, 2013
Enigma: @ belabela

Actually, the Roman Catholics did not have a canon of their own until the Council of Trent in as late as the 16th century! It was only after the shenanigans with Martin Luther etc that the Roman Catholics finally defined their own canon.

Yes, other people came up with their own idea of a canon e.g. the African churches at regional synods in Hippo and Carthage (EDIT) i.e. in the 4th century and more than 1000 years before the Roman Catholic Council of Trent! Even before that there were other compilations by different people/groups. The Roman Catholics try to lay claim to the African synods but a proper examination of the situation will disprove the Roman Catholic claims.

smiley
now pls stop lying, d council of trenth only decleared d canon close. The synod of rome determined d catholic canon in 382 after which pope damasus comission d vulgate, the synod of hypo and cathage were held in d presence of d representatives of d pope, both councils sent their resolution to rome and it was accepted by d pope, they actually adopted d canon of d roman synod.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 7:25am On Mar 23, 2013
Ubenedictus: sorry my bible says marry was saved before the birth of christ. That is why even b4 christ birth she says "my soul glorifies d lord my spirit rejoice in God my saviour" she already had a saviour.

where can this be found in the bible that Mary was already a christian before the birth of christ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (62) (Reply)

Woman Who Used To Go To Church 3 Times A Week, Stops After Visiting UK / Anita Oyakhilome's Name Change: Here Is The Real Gist - Lailasblog / Tina Bright: Why I Left My Husband & Married Pastor Adeeyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.