Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,752 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! (71230 Views)

Famous Quotes Of Prof Chinua Achebe / Blame Jonathan For Nigeria's Woes - Obasanjo...says Achebe Is Living In The Past / Chinua Achebe Is Ignorant Of The Situation In Nigeria - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by HighChief4(m): 11:02am On Mar 22, 2013
Yesterday it was PROPHET OBADERE and today The Great icon CHINUA ACHEBE. Why are the good ones going and the bad ones left behind. If true, RIP the Great one. A man is never considered great until he takes his greatness to the grave. Adieu!!!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 22, 2013
When a giant passes away, he does so with pride and knowing he has laid a good foundation.

IGBOS ARE THE GREATEST

1 Like

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by jentlsoul: 11:04am On Mar 22, 2013
Let achebe come and compete with in this generation if I will not finish him with my God giving talent.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Kuulnomsy(m): 11:04am On Mar 22, 2013
Omg cry cry cry
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Airforce1(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2013
van bonattel:

Achebe is a Nigerian, he reigns over you.

And who told u I'm a. Nigerian?

Can't u ask question before jumping into conclusion?
Mtchew
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by victokafor(m): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2013
how are the mighty fallen? Prophet Obadare, Chinua Achebe, in one week?
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Next2Bezee(m): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2013
RIP to this great man, he's already been missed. embarassed
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Niftyrules(m): 11:09am On Mar 22, 2013
chinua achebe is an icon of great repute who indeed has shown us the difference between the text in the pages.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by UyiIredia(m): 11:10am On Mar 22, 2013
Farewell to a literary giant.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Pergrace: 11:11am On Mar 22, 2013
RIP Prof.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:12am On Mar 22, 2013
jentlsoul: Let achebe come and compete with in this generation if I will not finish him with my God giving talent.
You have your age mates to compete with.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by TableLeg(m): 11:12am On Mar 22, 2013
RIP dude!
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Nobody: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2013
Wikipedia has updated it... R. I. P. Sir... cry cry
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by merengue: 11:13am On Mar 22, 2013
5alive: i heard dat devil is gay.....oh oh oh.... Aschegbe, devil is gon fhuck ur a*ss real hard in hell...
Rot In Hell bigot!!

And another slowpoke crawls out of the sewer. Achebe was not a great IGBO man or a great NIGERIAN, he was a great MAN and was acknowledged by the world to be so, you should pray to amount to something as worthwhile before your pitiful existence comes to an end.

6 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by enigmagu1(m): 11:14am On Mar 22, 2013
m.zimbio.com/Nigeria+Today/articles/b__qFc74ntj/BREAKING+Prof+Chinua+Achebe+dead
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by yuzedo: 11:15am On Mar 22, 2013
tchidi: Wikipedia has updated it... R. I. P. Sir... cry cry
I tremble in silent grief.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by enigmagu1(m): 11:15am On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by dandollaz: 11:16am On Mar 22, 2013
Another legend in Igbo land...chinekeeeee .goose pimple all over my body.why God no carry 1million boko haram to spear this one last legend...Ojukwu is gone now chinua Achebe. Odinigbo !!!! You are living eternal but just went to vacation.cheiiiiiii
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by deols(f): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2013
He would be remembered for his great works.
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Airforce1(m): 11:17am On Mar 22, 2013
Lilimax:
You are just deluded from every indication. I won't respond to ur comments again I promise.

Tis ok by me... Go and mourn your Ibo brother
Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by jinduokoroma: 11:18am On Mar 22, 2013
you are nothing but a fool to drop this rubbish here. if your father was a scholar he would had passed through Achebe's book. Things fall apart 'rubbish book' as quoted by you was translated into many international languages because of the power of the book.

which university graduated you? you cannot construct a paragraph statement without flaws, I pity you. please pick up any Pa Achebe's book to improve cos nobody shall give you position in a responsible organization to avoid blonder worse than oga at the top
jentlsoul: My father too die when I was in SS1 thank God now I am a graduate so therefore every one must test dead. To me is not a surprise, by the way who is this chinua achibe(the one that wrote that useless things fall apart) that all igbos are saying it can't be him as if is not human. Igbos no dey lean ur ojuku die, azikiwe die etc so what can stop this man not to follow suit.

3 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by araoke(m): 11:18am On Mar 22, 2013
"If you don't like someone's story, write your own.”
― Chinua Achebe

3 Likes

Re: Prof Chinua Achebe Is Dead! by Pangea: 11:18am On Mar 22, 2013
Has the mod gone banana or what? shocked
why is he hiding post left, right and center?
Even non inflammatory ones?
Na wa for these crazy mods o! shocked
If you like, hide am or ban me,wth! angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

APC Primary: This Is The Time To Take Revenge, Tinubu Tells Buhari / 43-Year-Old Sister To Bayelsa Governor, Tari, Engaged To Her 29-Year-Old Lover / Nnamdi Kanu: I Will Hunt Ene Okon Children If They Kill One At My Parents Burial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.