Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery (13844 Views)

Nigerian Girl Dies In Thailand After Buttock Surgery Fails / US Doctors Create Head For OkikiJesu Olawuyi Born Without A Skull / Women Create Their Own Sperm= Own Baby Without Sex Yay!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Morgan1092(m): 1:15pm On Mar 22, 2013
The House of Representatives on Thursday promised to foot the balance of N10m required for the surgery of a Nigerian baby girl born without a skull.
The Speaker, Mr. Aminu Tambuwal, made the promise in Abuja when he met with the parents of the girl, Okikioluwa Olawuyi.
The baby and the parents were brought to Tambuwal by a delegation of Global Initiative for Peace, Love and Care led by the Coordinator, Mr. Nuhu Kwajafa.
According to the speaker, the money will be donated by lawmakers from their private pockets.
He praised the organisation for its humanitarian services, saying, "We are commending Mr. Kwajafa for his efforts and we want Nigerian youths to emulate him.
"I will consult with the leadership of the House and other members and we will pick the remaining parts of the bill."
On baby Okikioluwa, Kwajafa said that so far, the organisation had raised $234, 000 required for the surgery at the John Hopkins University, butadded that N10m more was needed to complete the bill.
"She will be there in the USA forone year and will required additional N10m for other costsof her going to the US and staying for the operation", he added.
Kwajafa informed the speaker that the baby's father, Mr. Caleb Olawuyi, was now being accommodated by the organisation in Abuja after the family was evicted from Ibadan,Oyo State due to the health condition of the mystery child.
http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/metro/baby-without-skull-reps-to-raise-n10m-for-surgery/

3 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by sheedy407(m): 1:25pm On Mar 22, 2013
At least,good news from the house,not news always for money theft.May the baby b healed IJN,AMEN.

8 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Eeh! A baby without skull?
Una do well o! House of Reps. God bless ya all as una raise the cash.
Hope the baby's operation ll be successful.

1 Like

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Nobody: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
OMG
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by xynerise: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2013
Na so we dey hear.
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by cyrielo(m): 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
5th to comment sad sad sad God heall the baby ijn
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Henryogasele: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
God have mercy!
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by norahvivi: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
may she be healed in Jesus name...Amen
4th to comment sha
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by everplusng: 5:05pm On Mar 22, 2013
without a skull? A good deed from the house of rep
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by dove24u(m): 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
Good move in a right direction.
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by everplusng: 5:06pm On Mar 22, 2013
without a skull? A good deed from the house of rep...
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Edomo(f): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Without skull!!! Ha! I pray that the baby girl gets her healing. sad
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
A baby without a skull? I'm trying to envisage that in my head shocked shocked shocked

well, we're finally hearing something good from the reps...
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Only if they would slash their take home grnats by 10% then we shall pardon them all
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by iamswizz(m): 5:07pm On Mar 22, 2013
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by xynerise: 5:08pm On Mar 22, 2013
norahvivi: may she be healed in Jesus name...Amen
4th to comment sha
You miss road?
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2013
A baby without skull? Ooooobooi so na iron skull dem go give am.(Head boot will be very very terrible)

2 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by slimur(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
Hope dey nor go set up committee wey go OGAnise d fund raise...

2 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by tunesoft(m): 5:14pm On Mar 22, 2013
If its wat I think it is ..I.e anencephaly...the prognosis of that child is poor even after surgery cos she has to battle with a lot issues...infections and many more. With God all things are possible sha....kudos to the reps sha...if u a doc,u know wats goin on in ma mind already....

1 Like

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by daywatcher: 5:16pm On Mar 22, 2013
who are they fooling? Maybe every sick person should go and occupy the NASS
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by vandarsar(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2013
This isn't about your moribund prayer. Its about science and giving! This girl need those 100 naira than your pastor.

Edomo: Without skull!!! Ha! I pray that the baby girl gets her healing. sad

6 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Morgan1092(m): 5:19pm On Mar 22, 2013
norahvivi: may she be healed in Jesus name...Amen
4th to comment sha
Try again leta
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
Shame on dz pple. Cant one of dem release d money willingly? Bunch of misers!

2 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by zolajpower: 5:32pm On Mar 22, 2013
[quote author=idnoble135]Shame on dz pple. Cant one of dem release d money willingly? Bunch of misers![/qu ask God 4 forgivnss, do you know how many nijerians with problems this is just one of the 2 many cases. show some regards to humanity. stop dehumanising
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Josephnice: 5:40pm On Mar 22, 2013
A baby born without skull is a non living being.
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by KINGwax(m): 5:50pm On Mar 22, 2013
I've told u guys to start patronizing our own scientists. I jes concluded a research in which I can use calabash instead of going abroad for a new skull!

4 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Dee60: 6:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thank God for this move to save a life. You never know what that child may become tomorrow. God bless our reps.
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by crackjoor: 6:11pm On Mar 22, 2013
So how much is 10 million that one of them can't bring out... This ain't news biko.....

3 Likes

Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Nobody: 6:24pm On Mar 22, 2013
I watched the news on TV yesterday, really beautiful baby I must confess.
I wish her goodluck and quick recovery on her surgery.
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Smooyis(m): 6:33pm On Mar 22, 2013
The baby needs God's healing power to fall upon her. Its not what money can do. May God help her out
Re: Baby Without Skull: Reps To Raise N10m For Surgery by Willgates(m): 6:43pm On Mar 22, 2013
Dis' chicken change for Tambuwal,why wait 4his oda colleagues? GP Them abeg! angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Increase In Weight? / Cost Of A Treadmill. / COVID-19 Update For October 10 2020 In Nigeria - (1,675 Tested)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.