Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation (100635 Views)

Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(plumbing) Design And Installation / For Your Electrical & Plumbing Installation Services(Email or Call Us) / CONTACT US FOR YOUR ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING INSTALLATION WORK!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:44pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lovely socket

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by mank1234(m): 10:23pm On Sep 15, 2015
What's the size of the wire taking power into the the distribution board (ie colored red yellow blue)

topsy23:
Recent completed project pictures
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 5:59pm On Sep 16, 2015
mank1234:
What's the size of the wire taking power into the the distribution board (ie colored red yellow blue)

Size of cable(wire) depend on the total load of the building. Total load normally depend on numbers of AC, water heater. Since you are using 3-phase distribution boards it means the cable is going to be 4-core I.e red, yellow, blue and black but a separate cable for the earth.

We have the cables in different sizes:
6mm 4-core pvc
10mm 4-core pvc
16mm 4-core pvc
25mm 4-core pvc
Etc........
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by peaceland(m): 7:18pm On Sep 16, 2015
topsy23:

Size of cable(wire) depend on the total load of the building. Total load normally depend on numbers of AC, water heater. Since you are using 3-phase distribution boards it means the cable is going to be 4-core I.e red, yellow, blue and black but a separate cable for the earth.

We have the cables in different sizes:
6mm 4-core pvc
10mm 4-core pvc
16mm 4-core pvc
25mm 4-core pvc
Etc........
sir
a 3 phase db will use a 3 phase meter i believe?
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 7:59am On Sep 18, 2015
peaceland:

sir
a 3 phase db will use a 3 phase meter i believe?

It depends boss, it can use single phase meter or single phase meter. Single phase can be converted to 3-phase with the help of looping either from the cut-out or changeover switch but if you have 3-phase equipment or appliance in the house this method is not advisable, the appliance or equipment will not work.

And again if the total load of your house is more than 60A it is advisable you go for 3-phase meter so that u can split the the total load into 3-wires

Sorry for getting back late

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by peaceland(m): 9:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks sir for the response,
however I must confess I am still a bit unclear here.
1. for the little property we are working on, is that 1 or 3 phase?
2. how do you physically differentiate a 3 phase from 1 phase meter?
3. since only 1 line/phase/cutout can be working at a time, why will consumption/power cost on 3 phase be higher than 1 phase meter.
Thanks sir

topsy23:

It depends boss, it can use single phase meter or single phase meter. Single phase can be converted to 3-phase with the help of looping either from the cut-out or changeover switch but if you have 3-phase equipment or appliance in the house this method is not advisable, the appliance or equipment will not work.

And again if the total load of your house is more than 60A it is advisable you go for 3-phase meter so that u can split the the total load into 3-wires

Thanks
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 8:48am On Sep 19, 2015
peaceland:
Thanks sir for the response,
however I must confess I am still a bit unclear here.
1. for the little property we are working on, is that 1 or 3 phase?
2. how do you physically differentiate a 3 phase from 1 phase meter?
3. since only 1 line/phase/cutout can be working at a time, why will consumption/power cost on 3 phase be higher than 1 phase meter.
Thanks sir

If I can calculate the total load of your building I will know if the meter to be install is single phase or 3-phase.

Very easy to differentiate single phase and 3phase meter. Single phase meter has 2 connection terminal which is LIVE and NEUTRAL and 3-phase has 4 connections terminal which is RED, YELLOW, BLUE and NEUTRAL.

If you are using 3-phase supply u must use all the four cut-out, which means all the 3-phase line must goint into your ditribution board through a 3-phase changeover switch. That is why the charges on 3-phase is more higher than single phse meter. But for a single phase connection only 2-cut-out must be use at a time and you can easily change to other line when there is fault or low voltage in one line.

Thanks
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by mank1234(m): 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Can 16mm2 supply wire to a distribution box handle 4 units of 2hp ac and 3 water heater each 2kw? All can be on at the same time.
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 8:32am On Sep 26, 2015
mank1234:
Can 16mm2 supply wire to a distribution box handle 4 units of 2hp ac and 3 water heater each 2kw? All can be on at the same time.

Yes 16mm2 cable is okay.
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by bizzle2: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
@ bolded, i believe you meant to say three phase boards/ can be looped to supply single phase not vise versa
topsy23:

Thanks
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
bizzle2:
@ bolded, i believe you meant to say three phase boards/ can be looped to supply single phase not vise versa

I mean the incoming suplly cable(Live and Neatral which is single phase) can be converter to 3-phase by looping the live through the main breaker(MCCB).

Three phase line must not be connected together. It is very dangerous to do that. It must be totally avoided.
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by bizzle2: 1:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
thats what i meant as well, the single phase supply going into the three phase board is looped @ the isolator or mccb as the case may be and hence adapted to function as a single phase board,guess i misunderstood you
topsy23:

I mean the incoming suplly cable(Live and Neutral which is single phase) can be converter to 3-phase by looping the live through the main breaker(MCCB).

Three phase line must not be connected together. It is very dangerous to do that. It must be totally avoided.
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
bizzle2:
thats what i meant as well, the single phase supply going into the three phase board is looped @ the isolator or mccb as the case may be and hence adapted to function as a single phase board,guess i misunderstood you

Yea we are on same page now
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by mank1234(m): 8:40pm On Sep 29, 2015
Yes it can be converted by simple connecting the RYB to ONLY A SINGLE phase from the mains. However, this must be done by a season engineer who would have taken wire neutral wire size into consideration else you risk fire outbreak. The current that flows in three phase circuits tend to cancel each other out in magnitude in the neutral conductor since they are phased at 120degress to each other. If you convert to single phase there's no more cancelation rather the current that would flow in neutral is the sum of that in the RYB.

Note RYB denotes the wire code in your DB and not the phases from then mains.

bizzle2:
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 7:11pm On Sep 30, 2015
mank1234:
Yes it can be converted by simple connecting the RYB to ONLY A SINGLE phase from the mains. However, this must be done by a season engineer who would have taken wire neutral wire size into consideration else you risk fire outbreak. The current that flows in three phase circuits tend to cancel each other out in magnitude in the neutral conductor since they are phased at 120degress to each other. If you convert to single phase there's no more cancelation rather the current that would flow in neutral is the sum of that in the RYB.

Note RYB denotes the wire code in your DB and not the phases from then mains.

Boss, there is what we called load calculations during the design stage. Total load(in Amps) normally determine the size of cable to be used for a particular project. There is a table from the manufacturer for that. I have kabelmetal and Nigerchin brochure. I don't choose load cable or supply cable anyhow. I followed the normal process in choosing cable

For example if the total of a particular building is 45A and you are using single phase connection, the size of cable should be bigger than the size of cable when using 3-phase connection. In 3-phase connection, all the loads will be distributed between the 3-wires(RYB).

Thanks
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by mank1234(m): 12:49am On Oct 01, 2015
We are saying same thing differently. I already know you're a trained technician/engineer. Someone reading your earlier response may unwittingly call a roadside electrician to convert his connection.

topsy23:

Boss, there is what we called load calculations during the design stage. Total load(in Amps) normally determine the size of cable to be used for a particular project. There is a table from the manufacturer for that. I have kabelmetal and Nigerchin brochure. I don't choose load cable or supply cable anyhow. I followed the normal process in choosing cable

For example if the total of a particular building is 45A and you are using single phase connection, the size of cable should be bigger than the size of cable when using 3-phase connection. In 3-phase connection, all the loads will be distributed between the 3-wires(RYB).

Thanks
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 5:43pm On Oct 01, 2015
mank1234:
We are saying same thing differently. I already know you're a trained technician/engineer. Someone reading your earlier response may unwittingly call a roadside electrician to convert his connection.

Okay boss. A trained ENGINEER angry

Thanks
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2015
Call us today and get the best of our service.
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2015
Our recent Design

1 Like

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:13pm On Oct 14, 2015
More design pictures

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 5:59pm On Oct 16, 2015
Nice weekend ahead
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2015
!
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2015
We are here to give u the best
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2015
TGIF
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2015
Call us today, lovely week ahead
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by nelsonB: 1:01am On Oct 27, 2015
@OP luvly work u are doing, pls which would u advice Condit plumbering or external and why.

I have a mini duplex with one bedroom, kitchen, living room and visitors toilet on the ground floor and three bedroom on the first flour all room ensuit and another one bedroom self contain ground and first floor with just a staircase seprating the mini duplex from the two one bedroom self con. Kindly give a quote for piping (elecrical/plumbering). I am getting ready for the ground floor slap. EMAIL ; Uyi.nelson@yahoo.com
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:34pm On Oct 28, 2015
Onhoing plumbing of 9units duplex works with segcymoor

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
Our job will speak for us. More pictures are coming

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 5:25pm On Nov 02, 2015
nelsonB:
@OP luvly work u are doing, pls which would u advice Condit plumbering or external and why.

I have a mini duplex with one bedroom, kitchen, living room and visitors toilet on the ground floor and three bedroom on the first flour all room ensuit and another one bedroom self contain ground and first floor with just a staircase seprating the mini duplex from the two one bedroom self con. Kindly give a quote for piping (elecrical/plumbering). I am getting ready for the ground floor slap. EMAIL ; Uyi.nelson@yahoo.com

Mail sent sir. Expecting your feedback

Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 2:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
Happy sunday
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by topsy23: 6:26pm On Nov 13, 2015
Nice weekend ahead. Call us today
Re: Contact Us For Your Electrical/mechanical(Plumbing) Design And Installation by Dieumerci(m): 8:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
topsy23:
Nice weekend ahead. Call us today
What do you charge for a complete plumbing and electrical for a 3 bedroom bungalow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (45) (Reply)

₦500 Million Lagos House Causes A Stir Online / Apartment For Rent Lagos Nigeria - Flats For Rent Lagos / Ask All Your Questions On Building Foundations/structural Issues -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.