Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing (1484 Views)

Photos Of Victims Of Maiduguri Bomb Blast / Photos Of Victims Of Borno Bomb Blast (Viewers Discretion) / Photos Of Victims From Yola Market Bomb Blast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by 13volts(m): 9:22am On Mar 23, 2013
Kano State Governor, Rabi’u Musa Kwankwaso, has released names of some surviving victims of the Monday luxury bus station attack in Kano State that left many people dead.

The list was read by Kwankwaso to the presidential delegation led by the Minister of Interior, Abba Moro, that came to sympathize with the state over the incident on Thursday.

According to the governor’s Director of Press, Halilu Baba Dantiye, “Governor Kwankwaso, who read out the list of 25 casualties of the attack who are currently receiving medication in hospitals in the state, noted that most of them are either from Kano or of Northern extraction, asserting that the list is a possible reflection of the number of those that lost their lives in the regrettable incident, which was yet to be ascertained.”

The names of those wounded include
1.ABDULLAHI MAI AGOGO GYAYAWA
2. UMAR SANI BAGWAI
3. ILIYASU IBRAHIM MADIGAWA
4. YAKUBU SANI CHURCH ROAD
5. HADARA RABIU DAMBATTA
6. HASSAN ABUBAKAR IBRAHIM TAIWO
7. AMADU GARBA WARAWA
8. SEEBAN OKEDE NO. 78 ONITSA RD
9. BUKI OGU MALA NO. 2 OMOLOLA LAGOS
10. TUKUR YA’U T/MURTALA
11. KABIRU ALI T/TOFA
12. YAKUBU ADAMU TAKAI L.G
13. KABIRU USAINI P.R.P
14. ABDULLAHI ADAMU TAKAI L.G
15. GOJE MAGAWATA DALA L.G
16. UMAR BAGWAI BAGWAI
17. BASHIR MUHAMMAD KABUGA QTRS
18. DANBABA MUSA GEZAWA
18. DANBABA MUSA GEZAWA
19. OGU CHUKWU UMOH EMIR ROAD
20. SUNDAY MAFIA ELTA 21. IWOJO DANIEL
22. MACHEIL EZENWATA 23. OJO SANDRA
24. BELLO SHU’AIBU R/LEMO
25. UNKNOWN UNKNOWN
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by PointB: 9:39am On Mar 23, 2013
I remember there was one injured Bassey interviewed by Punch Newspaper. He is conspicuously missing from this list. Perhaps it's some cooked up list.

Anyway, let's assume this list correctly reflect the injured. We all know that in bomb blast those who are not at the epicenter of blast often escape with varying degree of injuries. Bottomline the list above only reflect those who have other reasons to be at the motor park, not necessarily the list of targets of the blast.

@op,
Can we have the list of the deceased victims?

3 Likes

Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Ngwakwe: 9:49am On Mar 23, 2013
Why release the list of Motor Park touts that were accidentally not going anywhere but made their daily bread from the Park.

Moreover, this is a propaganda list from a Governor who never condenmed the bombing for the fear of Boko boys in his pay roll.

1 Like

Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Odunnu: 9:54am On Mar 23, 2013
PointB: I remember there was one injured Bassey interviewed by Punch Newspaper. He is conspicuously missing from this list. Perhaps it's some cooked up list.

Anyway, let's assume this list correctly reflect the injured. We all know that in bomb blast those who are not at the epicenter of blast often escape with varying degree of injuries. Bottomline the list above only reflect those who have other reasons to be at the motor park, not necessarily the list of targets of the blast.

@op,

The list of deceased will still reflect a lot of non-igbos. It beats me how such a calamity will befall a nation and we attempt to tribalise it.
Is this how much we have fallen?
These are human beings, this is our land, lets team up as one for once!

4 Likes

Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Nobody: 9:55am On Mar 23, 2013
Eye witnesses on ground confirmed at least 60 bodies dead just after the explosion. Estimates of fatalities later on in the hospital stand at approximately 100 or more.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 23, 2013
PointB: I remember there was one injured Bassey interviewed by Punch Newspaper. He is conspicuously missing from this list. Perhaps it's some cooked up list.

@op,

You took d words away from my mouth sir, can you imagine how the governor is playing devils advocate with the sad event?? He has not even paid official visit to the site of the explosion all he could do is to forge list or perhaps read the list of passerby's that were affected with minor injuries.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Ngwakwe: 10:01am On Mar 23, 2013
Why release the list of the Injured without an authentic / compiled manifest?

Where is the Bus manifest and the list of the dead?

Odunnu:
The list of deceased will still reflect a lot of non-igbos. It beats me how such a calamity will befall a nation and we attempt to tribalise it.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Odunnu: 10:12am On Mar 23, 2013
Ngwakwe: Why release the list of the Injured without an authentic / compiled manifest?

Where is the Bus manifest and the list of the dead?

Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by otokx(m): 10:13am On Mar 23, 2013
This is propaganda of the highest level, see arrangee no ni, not 1 single southern or eastern name. Now its clear that the Northern politicians are in league with boko haram. GEJ should carry on with our full support.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Dibiachukwu: 10:28am On Mar 23, 2013
This man just subtly insulted Igbos by trivalising the death of our people. Why was it a bus stop and not a mosque?
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by nedu2000(m): 10:33am On Mar 23, 2013
List of surviving victims?......what about d dead ones
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by nedu2000(m): 10:39am On Mar 23, 2013
Do U̶̲̥̅̊ throw a net into d sea & expect 2 catch a chicken?a bomb blast in sabon-gari,who else r d expected victims?
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by White007(m): 10:50am On Mar 23, 2013
Mtcheeew...!

The shame of collaboration....

Rubbish list.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by achinaboy(m): 11:03am On Mar 23, 2013
making a list where people have no identity,what a country
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by PointB: 1:58pm On Mar 23, 2013
Odunnu:

My dear sister, it is our country and land. But we can't help but note that these attacks appears to have a pattern. Oft times christians and non-indigenes are targeted directly. The other day we read that 50 out of 52 Catholic churches have been destroyed in similar attacks. Only God knows how many people (son, daughters, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, cousins, uncles, aunties etc) were lost.

On this particular disaster, we know that a suicide car rammed into fully packed Luxurious buses. And the majority of the dead came from within the buses. You will agree with me that implying that the list of passers by affected by the blast reflect those who actually died is the blast smacks of wicked propaganda. Why would the injured have names, while the dead remains nameless? Are the dead not more important victims' classifications?
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by 9jaihail2: 2:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
Double post.

1 Like

Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by joeyfire(m): 2:11pm On Mar 23, 2013
What kind of bullshit list is this? 25 wounded northerners and no mention of the people that died? This governor is a boko haram sponsor sha I'm not surprised.

Why is the ethnicity of the victims such a big do or die deal to him
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Odunnu: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
PointB:

My dear sister, it is our country and land. But we can't help but note that these attacks appears to have a pattern. Oft times christians and non-indigenes are targeted directly. The other day we read that 50 out of 52 Catholic churches have been destroyed in similar attacks. Only God knows how many people (son, daughters, brothers, sisters, fathers, mothers, cousins, uncles, aunties etc) were lost.

On this particular disaster, we know that a suicide car rammed into fully packed Luxurious buses. And the majority of the dead came from within the buses. You will agree with me that implying that the list of passers by affected by the blast reflect those who actually died is the blast smacks of wicked propaganda. Why would the injured have names, while the dead remains nameless? Are the dead not more important victims' classifications?
My anger is directed at the government of Kano state. It beats me why he should make the comment he made and present a doctored list like you noted of a certain Bassey whose name isnt there.
Why should his problem as the governor of state where so much blood has been let, be on the 'side on the side of the niger' that has most victims?

Do you get where I am headed?
A bloodshed like this happens and all the governor wants to know is how many of 'his people' are involved and goes ahead to publish a false list showing 'his people' as mostly victims. What is the motive? That the igbos should shut up? That the reprisals (which I personally condemn) should stop? What is the motive?

Its sickening that some of us on Nairaland actually think there was no Ade or Ola or Gbenga involved.

Just the same thing the Abia government is doing. A woman gets raped and everything in their mind/heart is not 'how do we help this woman live a normal life again' or 'how do we guard against such wickedness from happening in this state' or 'let us make sure we get those guys involved and teach them a lesson'. What do we get? Very annoying statements from them.
May God help us
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Odunnu: 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2013
Duplicate
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by PointB: 8:14pm On Mar 23, 2013
Odunnu:
My anger is directed at the government of Kano state. It beats me why he should make the comment he made and present a doctored list like you noted of a certain Bassey whose name isnt there.
Why should his problem as the governor of state where so much blood has been let, be on the 'side on the side of the niger' that has most victims?

A bloodshed like this happens and all the governor wants to know is how many of 'his people' are involved and goes ahead to publish a false list showing 'his people' as mostly victims. What is the motive? That the igbos should shut up? That the reprisals (which I personally condemn) should stop? What is the motive?

Its sickening that some of us on Nairaland actually think there was no Ade or Ola or Gbenga involved.

Just the same thing the Abia government is doing. A woman gets raped and everything in their mind/heart is not 'how do we help this woman live a normal life again' or 'how do we guard against such wickedness from happening in this state' or 'let us make sure we get those guys involved and teach them a lesson'. What do we get? Very annoying statements from them.
May God help us

Thanks for the clarification. I understand you better.

As for those who think there is no 'Ade', 'Gbenga', and 'Ola','Bose' etc involved. Let them keep living in denial.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
Rabbies Musa Kwankwaso, go tell it to the marines.

What kind of open insult is this.

Governor indeed.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Duru1(m): 8:36pm On Mar 23, 2013
Odunnu:

May God help us

It is called denial syndrome induced by pajamas inherent cowardice. I thought it was 1966 all over again when the Yoruba peeps and western regional government in Nigeria pretended as if the pogrom did not reach home.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
This governor is just too useless
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by 9jaihail2: 8:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
Odunnu:

May God help us

The above clarification is in order, your first post was confusing everyone misunderstood your first post until you came up with this.

I here by withdraw the first comment i posted.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by macjive01: 9:12pm On Mar 23, 2013
This government officials think we are fool, the list that died is 98% Igbos, they are adding Hausa name to make it seem non-Tribal.
bloody fools
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by matooto: 5:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
otokx: This is propaganda of the highest level, see arrangee no ni, not 1 single southern or eastern name. Now its clear that the Northern politicians are in league with boko haram. GEJ should carry on with our full support.

Your comment at the beginning almost made me think you re a correct thinker. But the close of your remark? You re as deluded as your clueless GEJ.
Re: Official List Of Victims Of Kano Bus Bombing by musiwa22: 8:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
if that is the list.. then what is the noise making by igbo people... it only shows boko haman is fighting for their own country. Boko haram assume that they were from other part of nigeria and bomb his their people going to lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Can Some one Convince Me To Support/vote For GEJ in 2015 / Why I Accepted To Lead , there Is Tradition Involve--musiwa / How Buhari And Co Stalled The Construction Of Lagos Rail Project For 3 Decades

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.