Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style (18638 Views)

Viviangist Is Now Nairaland New Crush Bloggers Complains / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Table For Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 23, 2013
turl:
there's a difference between making a suggestion and coming across as condescending.
you sound like the latter.
Stop sounding ridiculous, sometimes I feel some of you dine with the elephants. Get a plate of brain and 2 cups of knowledge and it can be a nice meal to garner intelligence.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Michky: 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are my getting so many personally directed attacks simply because I suggested something that will generate a little more income for the website owners while separating the 'garri' and 'first to comment' lunatics from serious commentators like my humble self ? Need I remind all that there is freedom of speech and 'law assembly' ? What I am requesting is necessary to generate income for this site apart from ads and donations.
Has Seun made any publication about being broke? NL definitely is doing good regarding monetization. Your suggestion is a greed-pin that will bring the entire vessel down. Even FB promotes equality on the web. Anything contrary is doom, believe me.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Its not fantasy land if its true. Attacking me will make your name known, keep up the good work, you are getting noticed.

I joined nairaland years b4 u ever thought it existed, so if I needed popularity, am sure I know how to get it. But your matter n general Bleep ups is a general issue every one wants to tackle, so stop dis. Ur juvenile delinquency on so called billions in fantasy land n I guess everything wd be just fine

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by pendo89(f): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2013
It looks neat and less crowded
No strong colours.I like it.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 3:10pm On Mar 23, 2013
Sisi_Kill: Afam....at some point ya gonna hafta get up off your knees ya know, even if it's to come up for air.

Just a suggestion.
I don't get.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by denzel2009: 3:17pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't get.

That you are licking seun's black asss too much

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Michky: 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
adaobi123: NL is fine the way it is, just add a quote notification and its perfect
Fantastic idea. Yes it will enhance conversation, dont you think it might make things alot more non-communal? Being on NL is like being in a huge dinning hall with everyone having to cross paths. Having to read all other posts in the process of checking for a quote post certainly is cooler. During this process, you see other people's posts and you quote them. Quote notification on the other hand might cause you not to return to a thread as you'll only wait for a "reply/quote", thereby missing other valuable contributions plus isolation might grow. However, lets hope Seun can do something about this good idea sha.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by AndreUweh(m): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
Afam4eva: [size=13pt]When i logged on today, i noticed something had changed but now i can't even remember how the old one looked like not to talk of how the first Nairaland looked like. The only constant thing in life is change and we should be ready to adapt to it[/size]
Its true.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Mar 23, 2013
denzel2009:

Ohh ok..thanks for the translation.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2013
another idea is that can we have more emoticons please
why am i saying please ?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Afam4eva(m): 3:20pm On Mar 23, 2013
@Seun
But it seems the related topics at the top has not aligned like the rest of the page. It still spans from the beginning to the end of my laptop screen. Check it out.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
Michky: Fantastic idea. Yes it will enhance conversation, dont you think it might make things alot more non-community? Being on NL is like being in a huge dinning hall with everyone having to cross paths. Eg. Having to read all other posts in the process of checking for a quote post. During this process, you see other people's posts and you quote them. Quote notification on the other hand might cause you not to return to a thread as you'll only wait for a "reply/quote", there missing other nairalanders' valuable contributions plus you get more isolated.
yeah i see your point, of making nl a community but having a quote notification will make things a lot easier for those fast pace threads that reach 200 pages within 2 seconds
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
seun innate with greatness, please let us see those liking our comments like facebook

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 23, 2013
Michky: Has Seun made any publication about being broke? NL definitely is doing good regarding monetization. Your suggestion is a greed-pin that will bring the entire vessel down. Even FB promotes equality on the web. Anything contrary is doom, believe me.
I only suggested Paid VIP Section, a section not the entire forum. Can someone help me tell this dude in vernacular ?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by denzel2009: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
H$LBroker:
seun innate with greatness, please let us see those liking our comments like facebook

You want war on Nairaland?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2013
E remain make Seun create inbox for us here for nairaland instead of loggin into a different site to read private messages,step ur game up bro
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 23, 2013
youmour: E remain make Seun create inbox for us here for nairaland instead of loggin into a different site to read private messages,step ur game up bro
this is a good idea
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by thelastPope(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
denzel2009:

Some of you have this warped mindset that when you oppose, critisize and denigrate everything anyone else does it means you are intelligent. It smacks of idiotic reasoning and childlike perpective to life. People don't have to criticise or talk negatively to be intelligent. No wonder most of your kind post a lot of rubbish. You should grow up. Am almost tempted to support the VIP idea.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by biolabee(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
why the huge space at the side undecided undecided

ugly
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by turl(m): 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Stop sounding ridiculous, sometimes I feel some of you dine with the elephants. Get a plate of brain and 2 cups of knowledge and it can be a nice meal to garner intelligence.

smh..you don't seem like you have much going upstairs..
from your username to your posts, everything about you is repulsive.

anyone with half a brain go know say you never chop belleful..noise maker

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:28pm On Mar 23, 2013
mobuch:

I joined nairaland years b4 u ever thought it existed, so if I needed popularity, am sure I know how to get it. But your matter n general Bleep ups is a general issue every one wants to tackle, so stop dis. Ur juvenile delinquency on so called billions in fantasy land n I guess everything wd be just fine
Do you really know the meaning of some English phrases you type ? I advise, you check your mom's kitchen, there are dirty cutleres to wash.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by biolabee(m): 3:29pm On Mar 23, 2013
youmour: E remain make Seun create inbox for us here for nairaland instead of loggin into a different site to read private messages,step ur game up bro

Very costly.... but i like the quote notification idea
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Caseless: 3:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
I'm on mob, my phone screen display like lappy screen(na why mtn dey charge me like say i carry modem). How come i've not been able to see the changes effected. Thou, i can see the content width reduced, but wat is it with the background?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by blackmale(m): 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: The Modes should create a paid VIP section.
i call it swagg...
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Caseless: 3:32pm On Mar 23, 2013
biolabee: why the huge space at the side undecided undecided

ugly
that has been reduced, i guess.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Do you really know the meaning of some English phrases you type ? I advise, you check your mom's kitchen, there are dirty cutleres to wash.

Can u also go thru you statement and tell me if yours is d queens english?
I think I made my points known, dude. Let's draw d battleline
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Michky: 3:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
adaobi123:
yeah i see your point, of making nl a community but having a quote notification will make things a lot easier for those fast pace threads that reach 200 pages within 2 seconds
Very true.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by RedLight1: 3:39pm On Mar 23, 2013
caseless: I'm on mob, my phone screen display like lappy screen (na why mtn dey charge me like say i carry modem). How come i've not been able to see the changes effected. Thou, i can see the content width reduced, but wat is it with the background?
lmao
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
denzel2009:

You want war on Nairaland?
what type of war is are you talking about, if 100 people like your comment for instant, is not a war if you click on the liked button at top of page to see the comment or thread they like and the people liking them, it will improve moral utility of the forum and the fecundity
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by biolabee(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
caseless: that has been reduced, i guess.

Not on my PC, its so huge i feel my eyes can fall in
Id it is for ads.. it can be broken into small grid like boxes to break the seeming vacuity

#MuchWhiteSpace undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by biolabee(m): 3:42pm On Mar 23, 2013
mobuch:

Can u also go thru you statement and tell me if yours is d queens english?
I think I made my points known, dude. Let's draw d battleline

Pls can you battle on another thread abeg...
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Caseless: 3:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
biolabee:

Very costly.... but i like the quote notification idea
quote notification when u have the textfield below ur page where u can type ur moniker and see where ur post was quoted or id was mentioned? Una wan make seun give everything?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages / . / How Naijaloaded Elevated From Bedroom To A Global Brand – Makinde Azeez Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.