Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,649 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style - Webmasters (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style (18628 Views)

Viviangist Is Now Nairaland New Crush Bloggers Complains / The New Layout Of GtBank's Internet Banking Portal / What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Using Table For Layout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by ewizard1: 7:56pm On Mar 23, 2013
thelastPope:

I disagree. I know seun has asked for app programmers. But I will beg him to thread carefully. Mobile chat app is the opposite of NL. If you turn NL to mobile chat app, NL is done. Sometimes, you have to do a good business analysis before you make a move. Yahoo made the same mistake and the rest is history. Seun, don't do a NL chat app. You can do a chat app that and use the NL brand and platform to push it, but don't turn NL to an app. I don talk my own.

I didnt use anything like CHAT APP in that comment. I mean APP. For surfing NL. If you're familiar with XDA. Go check their App. Thats what i meant. It even gives a notification when theres a comment on a topic you followed.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 23, 2013
Didn't notice any change until now
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by maninmood(m): 8:30pm On Mar 23, 2013
I love how Seun div-styled the page- the border-radius, the default font. However, Seun, I would suggest you go read more about color wheel: The analogous, triadic, complimentary, monochrome( the current one you use). All in all, ensure your background stays catchy and not monotonous like it always is. Also, in your search form, you used Google API. I would like to know why. Why not using search functionality based on the characters in your database? If you can let me know your background hexadecimal code, I can generate lots of cool matching colors, either cold or warm.
Finally, make this website accessible to all user. And ensure you read more on Heuristics: 10 general principles for interaction design( Nielsen, 2010)

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Paentera(m): 9:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Why are my getting so many personally directed attacks simply because I suggested something that will generate a little more income for the website owners while separating the 'garri' and 'first to comment' lunatics from serious commentators like my humble self ? Need I remind all that there is freedom of speech and 'law assembly' ? What I am requesting is necessary to generate income for this site apart from ads and donations.

You mean "Why am I...." Billyonaire, relax your clamour - you don't need to prove you're bourgeois. I mean this is Nairaland the leveler. The true republic where you and I can be equal.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
kramer:

I concur... A simple notice at the top of forum (just like "followed topics" and "following"wink would suffice.

Moreover, email notifications may become spam after sometime and very annoying
correct you elaborate more on it
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 23, 2013
@billyonaire if u're looking for VIP section. Go to a club

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 10:49pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Seun(m): 11:13pm On Mar 23, 2013
omo_to_dun: By the way, this new NL look doesn't work on Google Chrome. The tiled background does show, but the width is still as before. I would expect that NL would test on Chrome before effecting this change.
I use Google Chrome as my primary browser on Windows. The new design works. Can you tell me all about the device you're using with Chrome?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 23, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by oluomad(m): 11:44pm On Mar 23, 2013
Billyonaire: Young man, your brain is in your head, locate it and use it.

Man, U̶̲̥̅ got me cracking up my chins!! U̶̲̥̅ really tok like a biggie
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 11:45pm On Mar 23, 2013
I Like It, Looks Good to Me.

Would be nice to have a Chat Room App, But a Chat Room App, would kill the actual forum though.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 11:55pm On Mar 23, 2013
looks much better on chrome now, phone and tab. don't have to zoom in to read some posts unlike before where the font size of some posts where really small irrespective of default font size and text scaling.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by AndreUweh(m): 12:01am On Mar 24, 2013
omo_to_dun: The margin on the left and right are non-existent. I am using Chrome on a desktop.
Am also using chrome on a desktop yet they exist on mine.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 24, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by YorubaOmoge: 3:41am On Mar 24, 2013
I dont see any change.

Seun, if youre talking about the white micro tiles, then you're not serious. Thats the mega change?

I was expecting $0.50 payment to nl members per post.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by YorubaOmoge: 3:43am On Mar 24, 2013
Really, is it my computer?

Cuz I dont see any change.

Why cant NL open up on Safari?
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by YorubaOmoge: 3:44am On Mar 24, 2013
omo_to_dun: The margin on the left and right are non-existent. I am using Chrome on a desktop.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1036039_del1_jpge2930b5e94aba75d8a8609b5ffc22445

Damn buddy, that computer must be SLOOOOWWWWWW. You got so many po.rn tabs opened up wink

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by NaLaugh: 3:54am On Mar 24, 2013
sisqology:

Chat app is pointless

I disagree.

It would actually be a neat little convenience for quick one-on-one correspondence which would otherwise have required a phone call or otherwise.

Business interactions could be greatly expedited if discussed locally on the same platform rather than migrating the conversation elsewhere, and perhaps having a break in communication.

The 'toasters' on Nairaland would have easier access to their targets, in the event she is willing to talk, and vice versa.

Look at it as a massive chat room with the ability to have private chat sessions with others. Nothing new here.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 3:58am On Mar 24, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Seun(m): 8:27am On Mar 24, 2013
@omo_to_dun: try hitting Ctrl + F5. If that fails, try upgrading your Chrome. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1080.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 8:28am On Mar 24, 2013
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by biolabee(m): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2013
this is what i see

spaces everywhere

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by biolabee(m): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2013
In addition, can we have an Unfollow button at the bottom of the page just like the Go Up instead of having to go up

Can we have a quick reply box already at the bottom of the page instead of having to click Reply
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by ewizard1: 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2013
biolabee: In addition, can we have an Unfollow button at the bottom of the page just like the Go Up instead of having to go up

Can we have a quick reply box already at the bottom of the page instead of having to click Reply

The bolded would be Great!!!
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by SONFGOD12: 2:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
yeye4live: I did nt notice anytin, abeg na witch or wizard kind phone una dey use
me self wonder o
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by luluosas(m): 4:37pm On Mar 24, 2013
Except for the edges, I can't really see a big change here.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by ewizard1: 5:55pm On Mar 24, 2013
[size=16pt] An app!!! [/size]

Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by dont8(m): 7:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
You're right, it's left for Seun to decide anyway.
adaobi123:
but it is easier to have a quote notification

Red-Light:
wow this actually works... Thanks smiley
You welcome.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Aydesmond(m): 9:07am On Mar 25, 2013
yeye4live: I did nt notice anytin, abeg na witch or wizard kind phone una dey use
abeg guy no vex ooo but shey u neva
Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ computer b4 or u neva go cafe b4,dat na pc version of nairaland.com(abeg no vex)
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Seun(m): 2:28pm On Mar 27, 2013
We've changed the background. Three changes: (1) New colour scheme. (2) It's a much smaller file. 3) 45 degree orientation.

omo_to_dun: ^
Oga Seun, I always have the latest Chrome.

Currently, I have Version 26.0.1410.33 beta.

Maybe it's the operating system because I am on Ubuntu Linux.
I experienced the same problem you experienced after upgrading Chrome yesterday night, so it's been fixed. Your Chrome was just early.
Re: Nairaland's New Background And Layout Style by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 27, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

. / Facebook To Begin Charging For Messages / How Naijaloaded Elevated From Bedroom To A Global Brand – Makinde Azeez Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.