Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) (36371 Views)

Stella Maris Okafor, Wife Of John Okafor (Mr. Ibu) And Daughter (Photos) / Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 / Wole Soyinka And Sister In 1940 (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Lbrasi: 8:43am On Mar 24, 2013
Balkan: This thread is dry. Achebe was a man of the people

I pity people wey use their money send u go school.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Irritant: 8:45am On Mar 24, 2013

My friend live Achebe...haba...the man don die..let him rest...why people nor go comment more on him tread..abi u nor remember how damoche tread long?....shuo..wole n chinua nor dey drag anything ..them dey good @ wettin them they do...
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Akshow: 8:47am On Mar 24, 2013
ziccoit:

I'm not a tribalism or bigot but, I must say this;

The Igbo outlook on issues concerning the matters outside the spare of their knowledge is always weak and surprisingly inane in every sense of the words. They always claim victim at every available opportunity that you would be left wondering how such gene enters their DNA cluster. Igbo is the only tribe not loved by 'Yoruba' and 'aboki'. They are the one being killed by bombs in the North even when the statistics revealed otherwise. They are the one being marginalised even when their sons&daughters are rulling and milking us dry.

You need to read the above comment again to understand what I'm saying.

Sorry o. It is only I need to say something here.
three gbosa for u my brother. U mind the fool? we all know who the Nobel prize winner is so there is no bases for comparison. rip prof ashebe even though u dissed Soyinka and yorubas blaming all ur woes on them as if u are not responsible for ur own fooooooolishness.

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by BashToks: 8:48am On Mar 24, 2013
koruji: You guys need to educate yourselves.
Fraternities are not supposed to be any kind of "evil" cults.
It is all over the United States colleges - and are guys or girls that group together.
Although they are known for hazing new entrants, that is frowned upon these days.
And even hazing doesn't involve the kind of evil being perpetrated in Nigerian schools.
It is like us in Nigeria to take something with noble intentions and transform it into bad outcomes.
This is basically the story of fraternities in Nigeria - its evil bent these days has nothing to do with Baba Kogi.
Same story with our democracy: that our so-called democracy is really a "lootocracy" doesn't mean that we blame those who came up with the noble idea of a "government of the people by the people and for the people".

Please tell them, please !!!
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by lifestyle1(m): 8:50am On Mar 24, 2013
Even when I went to his house in abeokuta, I did not see his wife and children... He lives in a big house far away from the community in a forest...There are many sculptures in his house... He is just unique and I like his life style.. He's not a Christian nor a Muslim.... He gave me a big book (you must set forth at dawn)

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by davades(m): 8:52am On Mar 24, 2013
Baby mama: So he has kids?
Does he have a wife too or wives
Little is known about Wole Soyinkas family

He's a cousin to Late Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by OreMeta: 8:55am On Mar 24, 2013
davades:

That says it all grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by AnanseK(m): 8:59am On Mar 24, 2013
So he had a mobile phone in 1963? He seems to be sending a text message in this picture,
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Nobody: 9:06am On Mar 24, 2013
Yoruba_Omoge:

She?

Seriously, Woyinka is ageless. . . . Him wan live past the "others" lol grin
HE MEANT THE BB GIRL YOU BB....

BB-bird brain
BB-baby
tick ya own...
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Nobody: 9:14am On Mar 24, 2013
ziccoit:

I'm not a tribalism or bigot but, I must say this;

The Igbo outlook on issues concerning the matters outside the spare of their knowledge is always weak and surprisingly inane in every sense of the words. They always claim victim at every available opportunity that you would be left wondering how such gene enters their DNA cluster. Igbo is the only tribe not loved by 'Yoruba' and 'aboki'. They are the one being killed by bombs in the North even when the statistics revealed otherwise. They are the one being marginalised even when their sons&daughters are rulling and milking us dry.

You need to read the above comment again to understand what I'm saying.

Sorry o. It is only I need to say something here.
clap 4 urself, u ar 2 sensible.....
Oya go and receive ur crown as king of earthworms

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by naptu2: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2013
(Dedication of the book "You Must Set Forth At Dawn: Memoirs" ).

To all the fallen in our common cause,

And to the surviving, scars and all, clamorous or hidden.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

To all my stoically resigned children.

. . . . . . . .

And to my wife, Adefolake, who, during the season of deadly dictatorship, demoted me from the designation of Visiting Professor to that of Visiting Spouse, but was still left with only an Invisible Spouse as I was swallowed by my study even during visiting hours.

"You Must Set Forth At Dawn: Memoirs" by Wole Soyinka. Bookcraft, Ibadan, 2006.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by DoctorAbu(m): 9:17am On Mar 24, 2013
Here's a recent picture of the pair

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by dexentity: 9:23am On Mar 24, 2013
Wat more can i say,
Nl Collaboration writers wont b here 2day,
If d old school didn't pave way,
Ain't notin like d old skool.
grin
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by claremont(m): 9:30am On Mar 24, 2013
NovusHomo: Wife or wives? To a genius, a wife is at best a distraction and at worst an impediment. No disrespect to the ladies. Just an observation.
I like this! grin
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by naptu2: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2013
davades:

Yes, a remarkable family that includes:

Reverend Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti (missionary, judge, musician and composer of the Abeokuta anthem. He was Fela's grandfather),

Reverend Israel Ransome-Kuti (Fela's father. Principal of Abeokuta Grammar School & respected clergyman. MKO Abiola, Wole Soyinka, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and Olusegun Obasanjo attended Abeokuta Grammar School when he was principal),

Chief Olufunmilayo Ransome-Kuti: politician and respected women's rights activist.

Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti: respected Professor of Medicine and former Health Minister.

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti: Musician and famous human rights activist.

Professor Wole Soyinka: Nobel laureate, Professor of English Literature and human rights activist.

Dr Beko Ransome-Kuti: Medical Doctor, Human Rights Activist and former President of the Nigerian Medical Association.

Fran Kuboye: Musician, broadcaster and respected music critic.

Femi Anikulapo-Kuti: Famous musician.

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Akshow: 9:32am On Mar 24, 2013
c++_crazy:
oya clap 4 urself also, u ar 2 reasonable... Now go and collect ur crown as the king of bacteria
who is this childish nitwit? run along there is a customer at ur master's spare part shop. intellectuals are talking

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Soso990240(m): 9:48am On Mar 24, 2013
Who is Soyinka? What has he done 2 help in developing Nigeria? Ok,i 4got..he was d 1st knwn cultist in nigeria.luk at what he has turnd our institutions to wit his evil mind.if he didnt start cultism in schools, Damosche and many others wouldnt hav lost their lives.i belive say dis man cordinate HIT wen him still dey school.no offence..i rather celebrate Emenike than celebrate such persn.SAY NO 2 CULTISM.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by naptu2: 9:51am On Mar 24, 2013
You know, it's quite crazy. People keep attacking each other in "support of" or "opposition to" Wole Soyinka and Chinua Achebe, not knowing that they were the best of friends and often collaborated on projects together. Such behaviour is the characteristics of small minds and in no way represents these two great men.

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by kramer: 9:52am On Mar 24, 2013

And Wole Soyinka is not?? Please do your research before posting nonsense.

By the way, Achebe was a man of the Igbo people whereas Soyinka cared for all .. He didn't care about your tribe, colour or ancestry. As long as you live on the Nigerian soil he's got your back.. Including yours unfortunately

11 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Akshow: 9:53am On Mar 24, 2013
Soso990240: Who is Soyinka? What has he done 2 help in developing Nigeria? Ok,i 4got..he was d 1st knwn cultist in nigeria.luk at what he has turnd our institutions to wit his evil mind.if he didnt start cultism in schools, Damosche and many others wouldnt hav lost their lives.he belive say dis man cordinate HIT wen him still school.no offence..i rather celebrate Emenike than celebrate such persn.SAY NO 2 CULTISM.
lame. come up with something better moooooooooooooooooorooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Nobody: 9:57am On Mar 24, 2013
naptu2:

Yes, a remarkable family that includes:

Reverend Canon Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti (missionary, judge, musician and composer of the Abeokuta anthem. He was Fela's grandfather),

Reverend Israel Ransome-Kuti (Fela's father. Principal of Abeokuta Grammar School & respected clergyman. MKO Abiola, Wole Soyinka, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti and Olusegun Obasanjo attended Abeokuta Grammar School when he was principal),

Chief Olufunmilayo Ransome-Kuti: politician and respected women's rights activist.

Professor Olikoye Ransome-Kuti: respected Professor of Medicine and former Health Minister.

Fela Anikulapo-Kuti: Musician and famous human rights activist.

Professor Wole Soyinka: Nobel laureate, Professor of English Literature and human rights activist.

Dr Beko Ransome-Kuti: Medical Doctor, Human Rights Activist and former President of the Nigerian Medical Association.

Fran Kuboye: Musician, broadcaster and respected music critic.

Femi Anikulapo-Kuti: Famous musician.

Naptu...point of correction, those two in bold actually attended the world famous Baptist Boys' High School (BBHS) Abeokuta and not the equally famous ABEOGRAMS..

Nulli Secondus!!! cool

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by Soso990240(m): 9:58am On Mar 24, 2013
Akshow: lame. come up with something better moooooooooooooooooorooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnn
yeah..dats my opinion.u can hug d nearest transformer,who cares? Pig.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Daughter Moremi In 1963 (Picture) by igweOn(m): 10:01am On Mar 24, 2013
Jst passing by. Jst passing by.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BBNaija2018: Tobi Becomes The First Ex-Housemate To Be Verified On Instagram / Adekunle Gold Reacts To Crowd At BBNaija Audition: 'Use The Same Energy To Vote' / Lady Cries As She Meets Tacha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.