Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Can You Die For Your Country - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can You Die For Your Country (1251 Views)

Most Dangerous Special Forces Of The World. See How Your Country’s Army Looks !! / Arunma Oteh Is Ready To Die For SEC / Lesson For Those That Want To Die For Politicians (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Die For Your Country by ademocrat(m): 12:39am On Mar 30, 2008
I cannot die for Nigeria because I believe if I die Nigeria would miss too much,and as such I would prefer to Live in Nigeria and live for Nigeria, to make Nigeria a better place
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by almondjoy(f): 12:35pm On Mar 30, 2008
I will die for America but I will not die for Nigeria! kiss

The reasons. . . .look in the mirror and tell me what you see.

Hopelessness!
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Nobody: 1:38pm On Mar 30, 2008
for nigeria ? capital no.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Sara1981(f): 6:03pm On Mar 30, 2008
I will die for America but I will not die for Nigeria!

The reasons. . . .look in the mirror and tell me what you see.

Hopelessness!

It's so unfortunate to say that it is so true cry
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Kobojunkie: 6:59pm On Mar 30, 2008
@Poster, I do not believe in dying for any country. I do not share that need to attach myself to a country or people. That concept remains foreign to me even at my age. I am sure in the minds of those who do it, it may be the best thing ever but to me, I don't understand that at all. Now I can die for what I believe, but I do not believe in a country, I believe in a cause, in God but not in a country. I can go to war if I will die cause I believe in the cause being the right cause regardless of what people think about it. Just that whole dying for your country/Tribe/state etc, does not gell at all.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by amsky(m): 8:42pm On Mar 30, 2008
I can NEVER die for any country, ESPECIALLY NIgeria. If i cannot do it for England, then i'll never do it for Nigeria.
I just hope and pray that Nigeria becomes what it should be, then the question of dying may be considered, not before.

It's a hopeless situation.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by 4Him(m): 9:23pm On Mar 30, 2008
dying for Nigeria is an exercise in futility.
We still cant find a crashed aircraft after 3 weeks.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Needlelady(f): 9:33pm On Mar 30, 2008
If needs be, I can die for Nigeria and no other country. Our men are becoming slimy and spineless these days. Where are the valliant Nigerian men I used to know? Our ancestors will surely be fuming over this new breed of cowards with peewee.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by 4Him(m): 9:36pm On Mar 30, 2008
Needlelady:

If needs be, I can die for Nigeria and no other country. Our men are becoming slimy and spineless these days. Where are the valliant Nigerian men I used to know? Our ancestors will surely be fuming over this new breed of cowards with peewee.

No, they are simply becoming smarter. They are suddenly realising that all their fathers who supposedly gave their lives for Nigeria did so in vain. Abiola, Kudirat, Rewane, Dikibo all paid the price of democracy with their blood for the likes of Obasanjo, Babangida, Atiku, Anenih to reap where they did not sow?

Look at Kingibe today? The same man who claimed to be "fighting for June 12" opted to serve in the regime that killed his presidential aspirant . . .

Why waste a drop of my blood on behalf of those who could care less?

Go and die if you want, we'll fly our tattered flags at half-mast for you and promptly carry on looting the nation.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by TheSly: 9:38pm On Mar 30, 2008
Lemme tell y'all the truth without writing any epistles here!!

I can't take a scratch for Nigeria!!!
Let alone die!!. . . sad
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Needlelady(f): 9:48pm On Mar 30, 2008
Why waste a drop of my blood on behalf of those who could care less?

Go and die if you want, we'll fly our tattered flags at half-mast for you and promptly carry on looting the nation.

Why am I complaining? This may be the only opportunity for women to become head of states, chiefs of army,naval and airforce staffs. Go girls, our men are loosing their courage.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by bawomolo(m): 9:49pm On Mar 30, 2008
the mind goes to waste when u die for your country. u can sacrifice for your country but there's no good in dying.

Our ancestors will surely be fuming over this new breed of cowards with peewee.

you are more valuable alive than dead.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Needlelady(f): 10:17pm On Mar 30, 2008
the mind goes to waste when u die for your country. u can sacrifice for your country but there's no good in dying.

you are more valuable alive than dead.

You are very correct but you won't use that as an excuse to let your enemy subdue you because you wanna live. Some people will have to die inorder to buy freedom for the living. Freedom is not for free.
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Nobody: 10:25am On Mar 31, 2008
Needlelady:

Why am I complaining? This may be the only opportunity for women to become head of states, chiefs of army,naval and airforce staffs. Go girls, our men are loosing their courage.

If your men are becoming slimy and spineless, then i wonder what you women have been waiting for before you take over all these posts.
What move have you done on your part to achieve this? Or do you usually mistaken sexism for feminism or gender equality?
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by omooba0(m): 11:45am On Mar 31, 2008
I cant die 4 my country but i can sacrifice a whole lot for her;i can fight,i can solicit,i can pray all for her.cos i av to be alive to fight and fight again for her.my ideas are best when am alive.i cant die for no country but i can die for a PRINCIPLE
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Pepeye(f): 11:53am On Mar 31, 2008
I can neither die nor fight for my country…the best I can do which is more effective, is to pray
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by randy(m): 1:45pm On Mar 31, 2008
my only country is Nigeria and as it is now I CANNOT DIE FOR MY COUNTRY, MY ONLY COUNTRY NIGERIA
why?

she no get shame, at all
Re: Can You Die For Your Country by Ibime(m): 6:23pm On Mar 31, 2008
I can die for my country - but my country is Ijaw, not Naija.

(1) (Reply)

Without Soludo Consolidation, There Wont Be Any Banking sector Today-presidency / General Obasanjo: More Than Just A "friend "of The Us / Jonathan Goes After Yar'adua Cabal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.