Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,544 members, 7,837,090 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Governor Akpabio Never Rigged Senatorial Election – Aniekan Umanah - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Akpabio Never Rigged Senatorial Election – Aniekan Umanah (714 Views)

Dr. Ime Umanah Dies Mysteriously / APC Loses Edo Rescheduled Senatorial Election, Clears State Assembly / Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Akpabio Never Rigged Senatorial Election – Aniekan Umanah by solomoneyo(m): 12:09am On Mar 25, 2013
Governor Akpabio never rigged Senatorial Election

Contrary to false impression making the rounds that Senator Alloysius Etok, representing Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District was imposed on the people of the area by Governor Godswill Akpabio, it has been explained that the choice of the Senator was the outcome of due political process.

In a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Aniekan Umanah, the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, which includes Governor Godswill Akpabio, presented Senator Alloysius Etok as the best candidate for the 2007 Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District election.

Given that the Ini/Ikono, a minority part of the Senatorial District had never produced a Senator, Mr. Umanah said the party hierarchy, in the spirit of fairness and inclusiveness, supported the candidacy of Alloysius Etok.

Mr Umanah, who emphasized that Governor Akpabio was misunderstood in a video post on some websites and in the social media, enjoined all well meaning individuals and groups to ignore the attempt of mischief makers to malign the person and office of Governor Godswill Akpabio. He advised the media not to allow themselves to be used in a new wave of attack against the Governor.

In the complete version of the video of the Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting, broadcast live on national television, where the Governor made reference to the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District issue, Commissioner Umanah said the Governor went further to explain what he meant and how the choice of Alloysius Etok was arrived at, stating that as a true Nigerian who was elected on popular mandate, Chief Akpabio has never, and would never engage in the rigging of election at any level. He emphasized that Governor Akpabio is a true democrat who will always support and promote efforts geared towards deepening Nigeria’s fledging democracy.

The Governor’s explanation in the video goes thus:

“When I said I made Alloy to become Senator in 2007, I need to explain, so that you don’t think that I wrote his name and he became a senator, no. During the primaries of the PDP, we zoned the senate to his federal constituency, and from his federal constituency, he emerged first in the primaries. That was what happened in the PDP. So we said since he was the first among the list of people who came from his federal constituency for the primaries then he must be the one to become the senator. And after that we presented him before the public in the general election and he won. And in 2011, with my support, he had the highest vote in the entire country …”
[img]Governor Akpabio never rigged Senatorial Election

Contrary to false impression making the rounds that Senator Alloysius Etok, representing Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District was imposed on the people of the area by Governor Godswill Akpabio, it has been explained that the choice of the Senator was the outcome of due political process.

In a statement by the Commissioner for Information and Communications, Mr. Aniekan Umanah, the leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, which includes Governor Godswill Akpabio, presented Senator Alloysius Etok as the best candidate for the 2007 Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District election.

Given that the Ini/Ikono, a minority part of the Senatorial District had never produced a Senator, Mr. Umanah said the party hierarchy, in the spirit of fairness and inclusiveness, supported the candidacy of Alloysius Etok.

Mr Umanah, who emphasized that Governor Akpabio was misunderstood in a video post on some websites and in the social media, enjoined all well meaning individuals and groups to ignore the attempt of mischief makers to malign the person and office of Governor Godswill Akpabio. He advised the media not to allow themselves to be used in a new wave of attack against the Governor.

In the complete version of the video of the Good Governance Tour Town Hall Meeting, broadcast live on national television, where the Governor made reference to the Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District issue, Commissioner Umanah said the Governor went further to explain what he meant and how the choice of Alloysius Etok was arrived at, stating that as a true Nigerian who was elected on popular mandate, Chief Akpabio has never, and would never engage in the rigging of election at any level. He emphasized that Governor Akpabio is a true democrat who will always support and promote efforts geared towards deepening Nigeria’s fledging democracy.

“When I said I made Alloy to become Senator in 2007, I need to explain, so that you don’t think that I wrote his name and he became a senator, no. During the primaries of the PDP, we zoned the senate to his federal constituency, and from his federal constituency, he emerged first in the primaries. That was what happened in the PDP. So we said since he was the first among the list of people who came from his federal constituency for the primaries then he must be the one to become the senator. And after that we presented him before the public in the general election and he won. And in 2011, with my support, he had the highest vote in the entire country …”
[/img]Governor Akpabio never rigged Senatorial Election

Re: Governor Akpabio Never Rigged Senatorial Election – Aniekan Umanah by SlyIg(f): 6:01am On Mar 25, 2013
Even if he rigged nko?
Which Naija election wey dem no d rig!
Abeg, make una leave the man joor.
And if GEJ hear am say una d gossip about him good friend here on nairaland, him go ban this forum immediately.
No say i never tell una.
Re: Governor Akpabio Never Rigged Senatorial Election – Aniekan Umanah by takedat(m): 6:40am On Mar 25, 2013
Re: Governor Akpabio Never Rigged Senatorial Election – Aniekan Umanah by Nobody: 6:56am On Mar 25, 2013
SlyIg: Even if he rigged nko?
Which Naija election wey dem no d rig!

Abeg, make una leave the man joor.
And if GEJ hear am say una d gossip about him good friend here on nairaland, him go ban this forum immediately.
No say i never tell una.
I tire o! Like we dont know 9ja elections is about who can out-rig his opponents.

(1) (Reply)

Is It Right For A Man To Cry. And At What Age Should He Stop Crying? / Wike Is An Ingrate, Say Amaechi’s Associates / Pollution In Northern Hemisphere Helped Cause 1980s African Drought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.