Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria (8679 Views)

Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Facebook Is Better Than Twitter / Is Naijapals More Popular Than Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:07pm On Mar 25, 2013
Hackin: my friend if nairaland is for talkatives n twitter is not, then wat do u termed osase odewinge? in respect of his continuous rantings on twitter
odemwinge tweets...10 tweets from odemwinge is not up too d loads of rubbihs from acidosis abi na acid man,born2fack,rokiatuuu and all does rumour mongers....david mark gave 2face 17million,three naaaked heads from jeeps in ibadan highway...al manner!jimiyke short sniffers....opportunity for rumours...with longggggggggggg talks

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:08pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77: Isn't Fashola more popular than Rotimi Amechi in Lagos?

Is Jonathan more Popular than Obama in USA?
You have a point but you have to understand that the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo are usually the most popular sites in almost every country with the exception of China and a few others, so it's a huge achievement for a local site like Nairaland to surpass Twitter in Nigeria.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by vanstanzy(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
aryzgreat: Courtesy of bluetooth + Dayokanu tribal rants and provocations. Wot do we show the world? Tribalism? Ok ooooo. Soon NL shall be 3rd but noted for disgusting tribal comments. Mr Seun, Do something about any person dat start tribal comment in any page, not hiding defensive comments and banning ppl dat defend attack on their tribe. [/b]The first to start it should have his IP banned! not moniker! if u like heed my advice!

[b]Those two are so notorious on NL for tribal comments, that i quickly loose interest in any thread that has them in it.

I concur stricter sanctions should be meted out on e-tribal warriors instead of mere banning, and i think i have the

best solution... SLASH HIS/ HER NUMBER OF "LIKES". cheesy cheesy cheesy (But sometimes the tribal bashing can

be fun, though.) grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by kolamilan(m): 5:10pm On Mar 25, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: over one million registered users? me alone i get 20 ids not to talk of others. In actual sense we no reach 5 thousand. I dey laff o!
we don dey know dem small small. multiple ID syndrome.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 25, 2013
Tonyslim99: I don't believe this... How many nigerian celebrity do visit nairaland......? But on twitter they are all over....[b][/b]
how do you expect them to visit nairaland? to do what?
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by SimonSniper(m): 5:14pm On Mar 25, 2013
I totally disagree wit you

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Tonyslim99(m): 5:16pm On Mar 25, 2013
And nairaland is only popular in 9ja! I no sure say e reach ghana self... But twitter is wide world!!!
LADY OF RAGE: how do you expect them to visit nairaland? to do what?
kolamilan: we don dey know dem small small. multiple ID syndrome.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by ayoJ21(m): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Yes ds z y nigerians shud mind d way dy post -ve fns abou dr country on ds site.NL's seen by almst afr.can countr.s if nt al. one wud bgin t wndr ow ds afr.can countr.s knw much abou us-no dy get fns frm wt u guys post ie on NL.imagine a tribe in dsame Naija pstin online da yoruba girls r ugly or dirty-ds bad.A WORLD Z ENUF.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2013
Saw this coming for Long.

Not even a Dude in ma neighborhood has got a Twitter account
cheesy
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by kpolli(m): 5:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
Nigerians use twitter apps not internet site.... Hiss
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:20pm On Mar 25, 2013
El Guapo:
Not even a Dude in ma neighborhood has got a Twitter account
cheesy
You have to leave that neighborhood asap.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
Afam4eva:
You have a point but you have to understand that the likes of Google, Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo are usually the most popular sites in almost every country with the exception of China and a few others, so it's a huge achievement for a local site like Nairaland to surpass Twitter in Nigeria.
Afamefuna! could you please go to complaints section and answer me! I laid a complaint there and i haven't been answered
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: Afamefuna! could you please go to complaints section and answer me! I laid a complaint there and i haven't been answered
Ngwa, meet me there...
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by supaeagles(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
venorite: What do they expect.so many nigerians do not even know how twitter works.
What exactly is this twitter sef? Please I am not a bild
Long live NL, NLers, NL haters, NL Lovers and NL closet fans.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by ayoJ21(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
On point [/color]
tobnical: @Seun: Congrat! All d same I wish to state here that nairaland is not as popular as people think here. 5 out of 10 literate young Nigerians you meet have never heard of the name Nairaland not to talk about using it. There's the need for more publicity and improvement on Nairaland.
There should be a platform for chatting and social networking and development of Nairaland phone application. This will attract more users and give Nairaland a higher ranking in the world
[color=#000000]
tobnical: @Seun: Congrat! All d same I wish to state here that nairaland is not as popular as people think here. 5 out of 10 literate young Nigerians you meet have never heard of the name Nairaland not to talk about using it. There's the need for more publicity and improvement on Nairaland.
There should be a platform for chatting and social networking and development of Nairaland phone application. This will attract more users and give Nairaland a higher ranking in the world

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by olsmade(m): 5:23pm On Mar 25, 2013
I dont think so.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 25, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: odemwinge tweets...10 tweets from odemwinge is not up too d loads of rubbihs from acidosis abi na acid man,born2fack,rokiatuuu and all does rumour mongers....david mark gave 2face 17million,three naaaked heads from jeeps in ibadan highway...al manner!jimiyke short sniffers....opportunity for rumours...with longggggggggggg talks
u re right
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Tonyslim99(m): 5:27pm On Mar 25, 2013
We talking big social networks here(facebook, twitter, Gtalks, Whatsapp) you are talking nonsence....... lipsrsealed
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by bingbagbo(m): 5:32pm On Mar 25, 2013
LIES angry angry
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by badassnigga(m): 5:42pm On Mar 25, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: I just asked 10 students of LASU now about nairaland and they said they no nada about Nairaland. surprisingly, they all have twitter accounts. so how come NL is popular than twitter? mtscheeew!

for d fact that pple av twitter account dosnt necessarily follows that they visit d site often.
the fact that u asked 2 or 3 pple at lasu amount to nothing cos u cant use those sample space to generalize.
we all know that twitter is much more popular globally but i cant dispute d fact that nairaland is visited more than twitter here in naija. i was once a twitter fan but twitter is too boring, nairaland is evrything i need.
cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by deols(f): 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
Multiple ids exist on fb and twitter too.

Some peeps leave their old i.ds for new ones on those sites too and for different reasons.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 25, 2013
team nairaland wink wink wink always on top! kudos to you bro,
twitter ko twitter ni undecided undecided, had to close my account cos the trash is too boring for me angry angry angry
even if people dont appear serious here at times,I've learned a lot from nairaland.
You have different topics at your finger tips shocked shocked shocked shocked
All follow follow for twitter i pray you all wake up from your slumber one day and realize how much time you've wasted on rubbish cry cry
Proud to be a nairalander grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by MrGlobe(m): 5:52pm On Mar 25, 2013
[size=13pt]Did Alexa consider 90% of twitter users whether in Nigeria or elsewhere use Twitter apps to access twitter which does not rank in Alexa rankings against Nairaland which is strictly web based? This report may be true or false. Not definite![/size]
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by mployer(m): 5:55pm On Mar 25, 2013
Efikman: ANOTHER BIG LIE!!!! ON THE AVERAGE, EACH NAIRALANDER HAS ABOUT 5-6 MONIKERS OR ID'S. SO IN REAL SENSE, THE NO. OF MEMBERS NO GO PASS 300,000
I don't know what u are saying. I have only one NL ID.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 5:57pm On Mar 25, 2013
Mr. Globe:
[size=13pt]Did Alexa consider 90% of twitter users whether in Nigeria or elsewhere use Twitter apps to access twitter which does not rank in Alexa rankings against Nairaland which is strictly web based? This report may be true or false. Not definite![/size]

These twitter apps are not stand alone because they still connect to twitter's server which is resident on twitter.com, so i think it still counts.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by DonaldGenes(m): 5:58pm On Mar 25, 2013
Kaiiiii! What a biq fat beautiful lie.whence did NL become popular than twitter
@op are sure your malaria druqs never finish?
Abeqq!don't just qo there jor
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by fiercehillz(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2013
LADY OF RAGE: over one million registered users? me alone i get 20 ids not to talk of others. In actual sense we no reach 5 thousand. I dey laff o!

Na so me get up to 6 twitter handles...
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Afam4eva(m): 6:02pm On Mar 25, 2013
DonalĂ° Genes: Kaiiiii! What a biq fat beautiful lie.whence did NL become popular than twitter
@op are sure your malaria druqs never finish?
Abeqq!don't just qo there jor

Popular in this sense means most visited and not most known. nairaland members are more active than Nigerian twitter users, so, the traffic is bound to be more.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2013
I still can't make sense of twitter, I have a handle for having sake. Nairaland on the other hand is next to nothing online for me. There's just too much info flying around-people demystifying businesses, building, friendship, news and lots more.
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by MahatmaGhandi: 6:18pm On Mar 25, 2013
as much as kudos must go to seun of nairaland for doing a good job within the nigerian context, i dont think it is realistic to compare nairaland and twitter, it is simply insane.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:22pm On Mar 25, 2013
ZUBY77: Isn't Fashola more popular than Rotimi Amechi in Lagos?

Is Jonathan more Popular than Obama in USA?

Your argument falls flat when confronted with the fact that Facebook is non-Nigerian (Ameachi in Lagos, Jonathan in US)
Re: Nairaland Is More Popular Than Twitter In Nigeria by NEROSKY(m): 6:24pm On Mar 25, 2013
nbright: I don't even know how to use twitter... Maybe when I get married my in law will teach my wife how to use it then I will break her head...
Twitter is for the gossip

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wapka Site Has More Functions Than Nairaland And Your Website / Tips To Grow Your Business Online In Nigeria With A Tight Budget / How To Boost Your Propellerads Earning - Don't Be Duped Trying To Buy Adsense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.