Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 (23220 Views)

DJ Xclusive's Wife, Tinuke Ogundero Beautiful Pictures / Dj Xclusive & Tinuke's White Wedding Today (Photos) / Miss Nigeria 1957: Grace Tinuke Oyelude (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by naptu2: 6:14am On Mar 26, 2013
I also wonder why we've suddenly seen an increase in "Soyinka picture" threads on nairaland. However, the increase started before Achebe's death. I first noticed it around December or January.

Now, all I have to do is go look for my post in the other "Soyinka and sister" thread and quote it.
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by naptu2: 6:17am On Mar 26, 2013
From the "Soyinka and sister" thread of 4th Feb 2013.

naptu2: "Civil servants 'voluntarily' donated a percentage of their salaries to the war effort, to a special fund called 'Troops Comfort Fund'.

Regarding that 'patriotic exercise', there was one exception, one of a virtual handful, who defied that hysterical phase of patriotism - this was my elder sister Tinu, then deputy principal of the Nursing School of the University Teaching Hospital, Lagos. She had nothing against keeping Nigeria one, offered no opinion regarding how one went about it, but as long as her brother was in prison detention without trial, nobody had better touch her take-home pay! She refused to sign the 'voluntary donation' form and declared her lack of interest in comforting any troops. Throughout the entire period of national jingoism, indeed, throughout the war with Biafra, no one dared touch Tinu's salary.

"You Must Set Forth At Dawn" by Wole Soyinka (published by BookCraft, Ibadan. 2006) p166
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by dayokanu(m): 6:27am On Mar 26, 2013
The sight of Wole Soyinka dey give some people stomach ache.

How can someone see the only Nigerian Nobel winner and still habour hatred

Na the kain people wey no go ever do well in their areas of life be dat

Anyone who wants to be successful should gve respect to already successful people

I want to be as successful as Wole Soyinka

So I give full respect to him

Wole Soyinka, May you live long and live healthy too dont let bitterness and hatred enter your mind like the departed one

I know you are made of a better fabric, Wole defender of Biafra, Fighter for Niger Delta, Agitator against the cabal to Make Jonathan President.

While some people were in the comfort of America fanning the embers of war and hate

8 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by Lincolnburrows(m): 6:42am On Mar 26, 2013
Who is wole Soyinka? Is he a shoe maker at Alaba int'l market?
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by firstolalekan(m): 7:00am On Mar 26, 2013
Kaxmytex: [size=28pt]Wot a resemblance...
If i no knw prof b4 and i kum see diz pix,i go tok say dem b twins
[/size]

[size=16pt]NA LIE. DEM NO RESEMBLE Jor. STM![/size]
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by jeffizy(m): 7:01am On Mar 26, 2013
*subscribing*
Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by kennykool4u: 7:02am On Mar 26, 2013
i claim double portion of the anointing on them.......i will much more celebrated than them. i them both. good family....better relationship

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka And Sister Tinuke In 1952 And 2003 by Popowaa: 7:13am On Mar 26, 2013
2legit2qwt: Ooooook the prof and his sister, what else? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yoruba Movie Actress, Wunmi Yetunde, Arrested For Drug Trafficking / Toolz: 'Don't Allow People Rush You Into Marriage' / Nadia And Nathan Okoye's 2nd Birthday Party (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.