Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask (55012 Views)

Meet DJ BellCheque Nigeria's Curvy DJ Who Covers Her Real Identity With A Mask / Davido Meets The Fan Who Tattooed His Face On His Body (Photo) / No 2nd Term For President Jonathan Says Lagbaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by eghost247(m): 1:22pm On Mar 26, 2013
na wa o
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Gwekzy: 1:34pm On Mar 26, 2013
I seriouslY suspect Fashola.... I tinK he s d one 1 behind dat mask... ##jstsayinG##

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Tochi4life: 1:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
Gwekzy: I seriouslY suspect Fashola.... I tinK he s d one 1 behind dat mask... ##jstsayinG##
I literary fell down laughing to this LMAO.
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by nerodenero: 1:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
I dont really care about the reasons behind wearing the mask but one thing about the mask is the uniqueness.It is awesome!
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Dygeasy(m): 1:54pm On Mar 26, 2013
How does he withdraw money from the bank? Which I.D does he use?

Without atm tho!

1 Like

Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by sammy891(m): 1:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
cool[color=#006600][/color] i think his face look like ekpo calabar
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by USAMarshal: 1:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
Gwekzy: I seriouslY suspect Fashola.... I tinK he s d one 1 behind dat mask... ##jstsayinG##

I am trying to remember a book I read many years ago while still in Nigeria. It's about a very poor child, I think his mum was deceased and his father married a new wife who was mean to him. He went to boarding school and the intimidation and oppression from wealthier classmates was overwhelming for him. I think at the end he overcame these situations. The book must have been published under the african writers series or longman or some press in ibadan. Please if you have any idea of the novel I described please drop your response.Thanks
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by 360degree(m): 2:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
guys you need to know what his name represents and the motive behind the mask. in the business world this is called branding. this guy just try to do it differently and brand himself by his name and the look. Unmasking mean changing the brand he had created for this long time. However, also note that the character call Lagbaja only existed when performing.

2 Likes

Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by ophilly: 2:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
Obviously, the man in blue is not the same man in embroidered dress but I'd like to believe he is the man in blue 'cos he resembles my music teacher at Ife-Olu School, Osogbo in the early '70s...I'm trying to draw a link between the 2......could be his father.
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by gabrielIyke: 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lolz
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Frankiss44(m): 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
USAMarshal:

I am trying to remember a book I read many years ago while still in Nigeria. It's about a very poor child, I think his mum was deceased and his father married a new wife who was mean to him. He went to boarding school and the intimidation and oppression from wealthier classmates was overwhelming for him. I think at the end he overcame these situations. The book must have been published under the african writers series or longman or some press in ibadan. Please if you have any idea of the novel I described please drop your response.Thanks

Eze Goes to school
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by anitank(f): 3:08pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lmao!!!!!
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by anitank(f): 3:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
USAMarshal:

Frankiss44:

Eze Goes to school
What has EZE and his family got to do with LAGBAJA?
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Airforce1(m): 3:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
He looks like a sudannese

I've got tha remedy for his ugliness cool

Plus, he needs to light up his dark skin.
Very very important.

Thanks
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by ogaemma: 3:14pm On Mar 26, 2013
Tunjman: Lagbaja without mask
You know him. That is the man behind da mask.
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by topmostg: 3:30pm On Mar 26, 2013
And why do i need to give a phhuck abt this?
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by fckmn24seg(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2013
this is him and his wife

Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by LordReed(m): 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lilimax: But Lagbaja said once in an interview that he covers his face because of the neglect of the poor in the society. He also said that as long as the poor and down troden in the street remain faceless in the society, he will keep on covering his face.

Yeah I remember the interview. He also said that the name Lagbaja represented the generality of the masses so the mask is statement. The OP is just rumors that arose because of his parents status, Lagbaja is not so shallow as the OP portrays.
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
Who cares? im face d̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ produce money ni?
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by madjune(m): 3:53pm On Mar 26, 2013
FUNNY MAN. HE BETTER KEEP HIS FACE COVERED. HE HAS NOTICED THE FAME AND SUPPORT PEOPLE LIKE TUFACE IS GETTING AND DECIDED TO UNMASK HIS FACE...BUT IS THIS NOT TOO LATE?
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by wyvilleinc: 4:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
Babzilla:

YEAH I AGREE ITS THE GUY IN BLUE?
BUT HE IS LUCKY HE DOESNT NEED TO WORRY ABT PEOPLE STOPPING HIM ON THE STREETS TO GAWK AND BOTHER HIM 4 AUTOGRAPHS
The exact reason he uses the mask. He said he likes to be ordinary. Move around without ppl noticing etc and it works.
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 26, 2013
4bobo: many may not know him but I do.I have a friend that was his cousin. we attended the same university.she showed me pictures they took together.besides I used to see him in omole estate, but many don't know he was the one.
only one picture on the internet matched his face. he took it with his alumina friend's,and it was taken in the us around 1990s. Google that in Google image. you will see him wearing blue native cloth.enough of clues.
She was his cousin?
Did they break family ties and cease being cousins?

1 Like

Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by chiclasweet: 4:26pm On Mar 26, 2013
This is truly him,i sabi this hand wella
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Blazinraj01(f): 6:02pm On Mar 26, 2013
firstolalekan: [size=13pt]THE MAN BEHIND THE MASK[/size]
This is not Lagbaja. He is older than the man in this picture. He was my secondary school principal's mate in the University as an undergraduate. The woman is in her 50s.
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by TableLeg(m): 6:17pm On Mar 26, 2013
You are a dunce!
Why post his picture here? Did you ask him before you did it?!
SMH!
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Summersland(m): 6:23pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hahahaha! Ugly die,i knw dey oooo
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by arusoncd(m): 7:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
Lagbaja is a Fugitive!
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Dahbutter(m): 7:35pm On Mar 26, 2013
Oh is that really Lagbaja's true story?! And all along see me thinking he was always masking up cos he's as Ugly as 4uk. . . . Am soo sorry sad
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
meenagiggs:
She was his cousin?
Did they break family ties and cease being cousins?
no mind my grammar, na my phone swipe stuff
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by mriceberg(m): 11:27pm On Mar 26, 2013
na lie joooor dat his own style who dey write all dis fake news for here self ehhh
Chukwuemeka007: Nigerian high-life musician and a new Glo Ambassador, Bisade Ologunde aka Lagbaja is without doubt the best in his game. Since he started his career, he has never revealed his real face (identity) to the outsideworld. Many have wondered on who the real man behind the mask is. A source revealed to 247 Naija Gossip the reason why lagbaja has never unmasked his face.

A source revealed to 247 Naija Gossip the reason why Lagbaja never unmask his face.According to the source: “This is not Lagbaja,Iknow him. Why are you even trying to unmaskhim? He has his reasons for wearing the mask.He used to be in the choir in one Baptist Church in Ilorin and his parents are prominent Baptist members. His family opposed his decision to sing that kind of music because of their position in the church.That was why he put the mask”. The Ologundes are from Ijagbo near Offa in Kwara State.

http://informationnaija.com/revealed-why-lagbaja-covers-his-real-face-with-mask/?nomobile
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by OlaTaiwo1: 12:00am On Mar 27, 2013
This is not Lagbaja. He is older than the man in this picture. He was my secondary school principal's mate in the University as an undergraduate. The woman is in her 50s.
Yeah, Lagbaja is actually in his 50's......and that's his pix in the mid 90's
Re: Why Lagbaja Covers His Face With A Mask by lekanolaolu: 1:24am On Mar 27, 2013
fitzkenny: He was at Emmanuel Baptist Sabo Oke ilorin where his parents still attend
He was in d famous Baptist children choir in d 70s and was a member of a singing group in d same church while he was still in d university. May be he covers cos of his father, deacon ologunde. However, he doesnt cover whenever he is at emmanuel baptist at least on 2 occasions since he started covering. 1. When he did his child dedication 2. When his father celeberated 70th birthday

you are ryt! Emmanuel Baptist Church in Sabo Oke!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peruzzi Last Moments With Obama DMW Before His Death (Video) / Meet Ayotomide Grace Labinjo, Mitchell Anu Adeleke's Mother & Davido 'Baby Mama' / Portable: I Am The Founder Of Ajah & One Million Boys, Lagos Cult Groups (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.