Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,799 members, 7,827,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! (27469 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by LordReed(m): 9:44am On Mar 27, 2013
This accident took place in the car park of my office so I don't know what speed it happened at but the Honda was parked and the Benz rammed into it.

Here's the Benz.

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by TableLeg(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2013
undecided
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by LordReed(m): 9:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Here's the Honda

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Nobody: 9:50am On Mar 27, 2013
Lol. Considering they are of the same model year range. grin
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by LordReed(m): 9:55am On Mar 27, 2013
Both of them

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by LordReed(m): 9:56am On Mar 27, 2013
Table Leg :
undecided

Understand now?
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by LordReed(m): 10:01am On Mar 27, 2013
sexkillz: Lol. Considering they are of the same model year range. grin

Both sad and funny seeing as the Honda was parked. The Benz was not even a staff member's car and the Honda had just been repaired for this same type of accident.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:49am On Mar 27, 2013
Am I seeing things?
You mean that Benz jammed that Honda?
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by ziccoit: 12:43pm On Mar 27, 2013
A moving object rammed into a stationary object. Which would be more damaged?science must have explained this in detail.

14 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Fogman(m): 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
German Machine all the way

4 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by coogar: 1:00pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lord_Reed: This accident took place in the car park of my office so I don't know what speed it happened at but the Honda was parked and the Benz rammed into it.

Here's the Benz.

the stationary object would be more damaged - that's physics......
if they collided with the same speed, then the smaller object would take more damage. it's about the mass and the velocity.

25 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by aryzgreat: 1:03pm On Mar 27, 2013
D difference is clear! German machines all d way!

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Nobody: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lols na there you go know say cornflakes no be garri. grin cheesy but I doubt if both were in motion.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 27, 2013
coogar:

if they collided with the same speed, then the smaller object would take more damage. it's about the mass and the velocity.

Thanks for coming to their rescue cos I already know why the poster posted this. Expect the gullible to fall for it though!

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On Mar 27, 2013
This reminds me of an accident that happened 2 years ago when a Ford car ran into about five cars with very little scratch but you needed to see the bad shape of the five cars. American and German cars are the strongest but are expensive to maintain.

1 Like

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Nobody: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2013
Paper vs iron.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by otokx(m): 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2013
Honda no get weight compared to Benz na.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Lagusta(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2013
Abeg make we bone physics joor, this is practical.... The materials used to make a german machine are more durable, stronger and even more appealing to the eyes than those japanese toys

are u now trying to tell me that if it rammed into a trailer, na the trailer go first spoil baa?

Abeg make una no vex me for here ooo

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by igbsam(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
We all know that Benz is more stronger than honda cars. But don't be confused about the level of damage done to the honda car. Expect the parked car to be the most damaged than the one in motion. Why you think say stray bullet they kill person wey dey motionless ? lol.....pardon me, na play i dey o!

2 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by azimibraun: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2013
Chai!
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by firstolalekan(m): 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
[size=29pt]IT IS SIMPLY
BUFFALO VS. RAM
[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by coogar: 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
Lagusta: Abeg make we bone physics joor, this is practical.... The materials used to make a german machine are more durable, stronger and even more appealing to the eyes than those japanese toys

are u now trying to tell me that if it rammed into a trailer, na the trailer go first spoil baa?

Abeg make una no vex me for here ooo

park a benz(G-wagon) and let a toyota landcruiser at 90 km/hr ram into it. let's put the durable german materials into test.

3 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by MeGaStReEt: 1:12pm On Mar 27, 2013
lol
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by sublimes: 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2013
otokx: Honda no get weight compared to Benz na.
didn't you read in the OP's post that the Honda was stationary and the benz in motion? Please be sensible.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by chadef: 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2013
why not look at the two pictures and step by step look at the impact. i don't agree with the benz impact, it's too sound at the front and besides the front bomber of the benz is not made of steel.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Nobody: 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
coogar:

Am not so sure about this. Theoretically, this would be an elastic collision where mass and energy will be conserved, even though we know there'll still be some loss to environment.

Because one body was stationary, it had zero velocity; it'll be set in motion by the other body of roughly equal mass. The theory says nothing about the stationary body getting more damaged than the moving body. Apparently, its potential energy was insufficient to take the full force of the moving Mercedes. As a result, it had to give way.

8 Likes

Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by coogar: 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
sublimes: didn't you read in the OP's post that the Honda was stationary and the benz in motion? Please be sensible.

you can easily tell apart the people that skipped physics classes in high school to chase grass-cutters in the bush.

sauer:
Am not so sure about this. Theoretically, this would be an elastic collision where mass and energy will be conserved, even though we know there'll still be some loss to environment.

Because one body was stationary, it had zero velocity; it'll be set in motion by the other body of roughly equal mass. The theory says nothing about the stationary body getting more damaged than the moving body. Apparently, its potential energy was insufficient to take the full force of the moving Mercedes. As a result, it had to give way.

the momentum of the moving object would cause extensive damage to the stationary object. it would set it in motion and the force that sets in motion would damage the stationary object. that law applies to any collusion.
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by gerrardomendes(m): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2013
me vs seun collision. coming soon. viewer discretion adviced
Re: Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! by Lagusta(m): 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2013
coogar:

park a benz(G-wagon) and let a toyota landcruiser at 90 km/hr ram into it. let's put the durable german materials into test.

grin grin grin grin grin

but seroiusly, german machines are stronger than those jap stuff...

Oh, and the bulletproof Gwagon go still stand kakaraka like zuma rock, while the landcruiser...... Well, i hope the engine will be spared shaa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Motorists Stop To Allow Cattle In Abuja Cross A Major Road / Woman Survives Her Car Being Crushed By A Container / New Range Rover Evoque Wins Best SUV/Crossover Car Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.