Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,266 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] (7790 Views)

Photo: Mercedes Benz Vs Audi / Benz Vs Honda: Head On Collision! / Benz vs BMW vs Audi: Pure German Machines! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by AutosBay(m): 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mercedes-Benz vs Bmw vs Audi
what's your favorite German brand ?

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
The best or nothing....
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 1:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Audi is my preferred German brand. It's the only marque in the triple line-up that offers AWD in ALL its models. Savage power, supreme grip whatever the weather. Power is nothing without control.

Audi Quattro - trouncing the opposition since 1980.

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by femicousim: 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
it's a hard choice between the mercedes and bmw.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Mercedes Benz anytime.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 1:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
I don't like both. Any car that requires a special kind of mechanic to treat its madness is a no no for me. Moreso, their parts are expensive
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Homguy(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
The Merc or nothing else.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
Kanyol:
I don't like both. Any car that requires a special kind of mechanic to treat its madness is a no no for me. Moreso, their parts are expensive

Uh, no automobile requires a "special" kind of mechanic to work on them. They simply require a technician with a methodical approach to diagnosis and repairs. Not randomly throwing parts at it, or slicing and dicing the wiring until some degree of drivability is achieved.

Just because a trial-and-error merchant gets an automobile up and running, doesn't mean all is well. You may well drive a car that will tolerate poor maintenance more than others, but you may NOT necessarily like it. Because you are basing your preference on the skills that exist local to you. In short, you're allowing your mechanic to dictate what you roll around with.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
Kanyol:

Same way you don't go to quack road side chemist for a surgery... Have you ever had a sad day and when you get in your car you start smiling? the joy you get from driving?

My friend the best knows no alternative...
Mercedes Benz

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
cne010:

Same way you don't go to quack road side chemist for a surgery... Have you ever had a sad day and when you get in your car you start smiling? the joy you get from driving?

My friend the best knows no alternative...
Mercedes Benz
Well said bro... smiley
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by ba7man(m): 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
I'll go for the Audi as my general favourite. Their interior and exterior designs represent me and their build quality is out of this world.

I drove a cousin's coupe back in school and for a 1994 car its interior shames a lot of cars 10 years younger. Solid and very good looks. I've ridden in a lot since then and they all feel amazing inside.

BMWs are lghter and drive better but they feel flimsier compared to Audis and their interiors are stark.

Benz?? Old man's car. undecided
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 5:14pm On Oct 24, 2014
Siena:

Uh, no automobile requires a "special" kind of mechanic to work on them. They simply require a technician with a methodical approach to diagnosis and repairs. Not randomly throwing parts at it, or slicing and dicing the wiring until some degree of drivability is achieved.

Just because a trial-and-error merchant gets an automobile up and running, doesn't mean all is well. You may well drive a car that will tolerate poor maintenance more than others, but you may NOT necessarily like it. Because you are basing your preference on the skills that exist local to you. In short, you're allowing your mechanic to dictate what you roll around with.
I get your point, and ur right. But I'm saying this from the AVERAGE NIGERIAN point of view. If you're living in Nigeria presently, which I doubt, you'd understand that what I'm saying is CLEAR FACT. Here, Merc and BMW owners mostly go to the auto companies to get their cars fixed since 98% of our Naija local, cheap, mostly road-side-mechanics run away from these cars. Imagine a mechanic referring you to another mechanic whose shop is a mile away from his! So these few who can are in monopoly and would charge a heavy amount of money. Moreover, their parts are very expensive! For these reasons, we average Nigerians prefer Honda and Toyota cars coz even a mechanic apprentice can fix them ...and, of course, WE HAVE TO LIKE THEM cheesy
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by yungboss(m): 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Kanyol:

I get your point, and ur right. But I'm saying this from the AVERAGE NIGERIAN point of view. If you're living in Nigeria presently, which I doubt, you'd understand that what I'm saying is CLEAR FACT. Here, Merc and BMW owners mostly go to the auto companies to get their cars fixed since 98% of our Naija local, cheap, mostly road-side-mechanics run away from these cars. Imagine a mechanic referring you to another mechanic whose shop is a mile away from his! So these few who can are in monopoly and would charge a heavy amount of money. Moreover, their parts are very expensive! For these reasons, we average Nigerians prefer Honda and Toyota cars coz even a mechanic apprentice can fix them ...and, of course, WE HAVE TO LIKE THEM cheesy
hmmm, I don't believe BMWs and mercs or Audis don't have competent mech's in Nigeria, it's a position that is blown way out of context...maybe in the 90's or early 2000s but not these days,these days of computer software and internet...there are good and competent civilized shop all over the place.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by jodeci01: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
yungboss:

hmmm, I don't believe BMWs and mercs or Audis don't have competent mech's in Nigeria, it's a position that is blown way out of context...maybe in the 90's or early 2000s but not these days,these days of computer software and internet...there are good and competent civilized shop all over the place.

Why not enlighten them by listing civilized shops you know?
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by yungboss(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
jodeci01:

Why not enlighten them by listing civilized shops you know?
they should tell me where they are located and I will enlighten them okay!
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 25, 2014
yungboss:

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 11:16am On Oct 25, 2014
yungboss:

they should tell me where they are located and I will enlighten them okay!
Ketu, Lagos

But, mehn..for the first time in my life I drove one E-class owned by my friend this morning, just immediately after the environmental exercise. I did 140 on 3rd Mainland and I didn't know it!!! In fact, it felt like I was doing 60 with my Honda Bulldog. It was even my friend that told me to check the speedometer. Benz can kill o cheesy cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 11:23am On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

Ketu, Lagos

But, mehn..for the first time in my life I drove one E-class owned by my friend this morning, just immediately after the environmental exercise. I did 140 on 3rd Mainland and I didn't know it!!! In fact, it felt like I was doing 60 with my Honda Bulldog. It was even my friend that told me to check the speedometer. Benz can kill o cheesy cheesy cheesy

grin grin premium killing....lol. My brother German engineering is fantastic. Even @ 180 that E class will be very stable provided you can handle it. If you then drive the CLS 63 AMG,it means you will create a thread to sing praises of Mercedes Benz. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by oweniwe(m): 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

Moreover, their parts are very expensive!

who told you that??

A mercedez benz c320 engine cost about 80k. How is that expensive?

I dont know about bmw but mercedes and audi parts arent expensive as people assume them to be.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 7:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
Eyop:

grin grin premium killing....lol. My brother German engineering is fantastic. Even @ 180 that E class will be very stable provided you can handle it. If you then drive the CLS 63 AMG,it means you will create a thread to sing praises of Mercedes Benz. cheesy
I tell you! Mercedes is built to kill! The experience I had today is evidence. Dunno if BMW has same balance. But Honda and Toyota no reach coz I've driven both on top speed
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
oweniwe:

who told you that??

A mercedez benz c320 engine cost about 80k. How is that expensive?

I dont know about bmw but mercedes and audi parts arent expensive as people assume them to be.

Is c320 not a very old model? No idea, just asking
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

Ketu, Lagos

Beside Italian Tiles and Marbles in Ifako busstop before Ogudu Code Red Technologies very good guys and cheap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

From 2001 to 2005 the Engine and gear sells for 90k in Trinity Apapa. A friend got the gear alone for 35k.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Kanyol(m): 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
cne010:

Beside Italian Tiles and Marbles in Ifako busstop before Ogudu Code Red Technologies very good guys and cheap.
Ok, thank you very much. Copied that

cne010:

From 2001 to 2005 the Engine and gear sells for 90k in Trinity Apapa. A friend got the gear alone for 35k.

Any idea if Mercedes come with 4, 6, 8 etc plugs like other cars? I'm trying to avoid anything above 4 plugs henceforth cos of my own experience. And please refer me to a Benz thread to check out the prices of the ones u listed or u have any idea too? Thanks
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

Ketu, Lagos

If I leave the island around 10pm my average speed on 3MB is 140Kmph I steady flog 165Kmph on the straight road on descending the bend. My mechanic with his E class W211 has done 212kmph on 3MB and even had the time to record it. I just got back from Ibadan today in my sisters 2009 Honda Accord fear no let me pass 110Kmph through and fro. The car was just all over the place the steering felt out of place and the car very light. I remember when she bought it then I used to own a 2003 Camry I use to sign praises of the car but never again.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 7:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

Any idea if Mercedes come with 4, 6, 8 etc plugs like other cars? I'm trying to avoid anything above 4 plugs henceforth cos of my own experience. And please refer me to a Benz thread to check out the prices of the ones u listed or u have any idea too? Thanks

Sure they have those. Lets take the Sedan entry level C Class.
C180, C200, C220, C230 Kompressor those are the 4 cylinder and believe me they are more economical that the Japmobiles.
C240, C280, C320, C350 are the V6 engines sadly the Class doesn't have the v8 except some road leagal racing versions called the AMGs.

How to spot a V8 they start from 420, 500, 550 like in the E class and ML i.e E420, ML 420, E500, ML 550.

Check https://www.nairaland.com/hillary22 he seems like the go to guy for a Benz in Lagos.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by oweniwe(m): 8:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Kanyol:

shey google don die ni? undecided

well, thanks to cne010 for answering the question.

Make i quote lomomike:
If a toyota camry or highlander with
2AZ-FE 2.4L 4 cylinder engine crashes,
you will cough between 250k-320K in
Abuja to get a complete toks engine.
If a toyota or lexus with 1MZ-FE 3.3L V6 engine crashes, na Gobe be that.

That price of benz engine is cheap.... grin

so next time someone says benz parts are expensive....... Na "ignorant Learner" angry
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hmmm!
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
oweniwe:

shey google don die ni? undecided

well, thanks to cne010 for answering the question.

Make i quote lomomike:
If a toyota camry or highlander with
2AZ-FE 2.4L 4 cylinder engine crashes,
you will cough between 250k-320K in
Abuja to get a complete toks engine.
If a toyota or lexus with 1MZ-FE 3.3L V6 engine crashes, na Gobe be that.

That price of benz engine is cheap.... grin

so next time someone says benz parts are expensive....... Na "ignorant Learner" angry

Keep preaching to them my brother. They keep saying that benz consumes fuel,benz parts are expensive,there are no good mechanics that can handle its repairs,benz is a complicated vehicle to maintain,etc I just continue to laugh at them all.
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Eyop: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
lomomike:
Hmmm!
Is that all you have to say my Lexus brother grin grin...anyway,the 2012/2013 Mercedes ML350 4matic is gradually coming down so undecided
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by oweniwe(m): 11:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
eyop: come down as in?
Re: Mercedes-benz Vs Bmw Vs Audi [ IMAGE ] by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 26, 2014
Kanyol:

Ketu, Lagos

Now u're talkin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Honda Crosstour Is Dead - And No True Car Guy Will Miss It! / Accidented Or High Mileage Cars. Which Are Better? / Mazda CX-7 2007 and Nissan S Thoughts(pics in post$

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.