Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,435 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture - Webmasters (359) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture (564470 Views)

The Easiest Way To Clean Your Wordpress Database. / Learn The Domain Name Business - See What Sold, See What Just Dropped / 27 Hot And Profitable Online Business Ideas You Can Explore In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (398) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by warrenweste(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2016
EXICON:
Hello house,
Can a smart person buy this domain www.myvideos.org quickly on godaddy auction. It goes for $5
It is expiring soon.
I see it as a great potential.
You can try. Act Fast!
Go to https://auctions.godaddy.com/

i guess its sold...its no longer there
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2016
Hadeyemy:

wonderful news indeed!
does it mean that one can receive payment through payooner by using escrow service. Kindly throw more light on this as i'm yet to get the message. Thanks.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by EXICON(m): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2016
A smarter person must have gotten it.
Chai
warrenweste:

i guess its sold...its no longer there
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2016
EXICON:
Hello house,
Can a smart person buy this domain www.myvideos.org quickly on godaddy auction. It goes for $5
It is expiring soon.
You can try. Act Fast!
Sold? Cross check.your acount to confirm.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by m8rasw6h11(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2016
expertix:

Sold? Cross check.your acount to confirm.
I find it suspicious that a domain name that good, that popular is on GD closeouts.
Why did other domainers skip on it?
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 6:27pm On Sep 17, 2016
EXICON:
Hello house,
It is expiring soon.
You can try. Act Fast!

Is it yours? But the domain was renewed until 2017-08-08. You are not sure of what you said.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by rjek: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2016
Where can I check if a domain name is free from trademark infringement b4 I register it
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by beckplanet: 7:19pm On Sep 17, 2016
rjek:
Where can I check if a domain name is free from trademark infringement b4 I register it

Check : http://www.trademarkia.com/
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by oladayo042: 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2016
Abcruz:
does it mean that one can receive payment through payooner by using escrow service. Kindly throw more light on this as i'm yet to get the message. Thanks.
Yes.

You can set up a Payoneer Escrow for your buyer to pay and receive the funds on your Payoneer account.

Many of the barriers in this business are disappearing. Anyone who was here in 2013 can tell you how difficult some things were during that time.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by rjek: 9:53pm On Sep 17, 2016
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Brightgem(f): 11:24pm On Sep 17, 2016
isaactolu:

yeah that is the 3rd part of the business, its highly profitable. I will talk more on the 3 aspects later
Hi, after stumbling on this thread I have been trying to get a hang of it. Pls is it possible to simply register a domain name say on Godaddy and then resell it. I mean without creating a really site or blog around it. completly new to this, incase the question seems off.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Nad95: 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2016
Pls house vote for this domain on bido grotonzebras.com. Please I need your help. God bless.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by sconp: 12:01am On Sep 18, 2016
EXICON:
Hello house,
It is expiring soon.
You can try. Act Fast!
It doesn't seem like a great domain to me especially with the .org

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by sconp: 12:02am On Sep 18, 2016
Brightgem:
Hi, after stumbling on this thread I have been trying to get a hang of it. Pls is it possible to simply register a domain name say on Godaddy and then resell it. I mean without creating a really site or blog around it. completly new to this, incase the question seems off.
Yes it is.
Ensure that you read, study and research properly before entering it else you would waste funds.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by m8rasw6h11(m): 2:15am On Sep 18, 2016
Brightgem:

Sorry to be blunt, madam, but if you don't know this basic fact about domains, I suggest you stay away from domaining.

Stay far away, it is mother freaking hard. You're better off trying Fiverr, that's easier and you will receive tons of help everywhere.

There's even an FB group for Naija Fiverr newbies.

Compared to this solo, sweat-inducing, near gambling, scam-filling, information misleading, high-risk business known as domain names business.

At least, in Fiverr, there's no chance you go enter court case.

Just my two cents.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 7:10am On Sep 18, 2016
m8rasw6h11:

Sorry to be blunt, madam, but if you don't know this basic fact about domains, I suggest you stay away from domaining.

Stay far away, it is mother freaking hard. You're better off trying Fiverr, that's easier and you will receive tons of help everywhere.

Compared to this solo, sweat-inducing, near gambling, scam-filling, information misleading, high-risk business known as domain names business.

Just my two cents.

Why are you in domaining biz.if it is impossible to make money in it. You have said, the biz is full of missleading. You are now missleadding somebody.

Domaining only need you to be serious and hard working. You first of all need to understand what makes good domains. You can have the knowledge by reading from blogs to forums and after knowing good domains. You can start buying from drop market, good domains are very rear available, though, you can still get very few for hand regs but they are very rear. If you have good money, you can buy cheap one from namepros.com when the owners needs money, they usually bring them to auction.

Domain biz is like every other business that requires training, you can not just jump and become millionare whithout learning the real rudimentry of the biz.
Just start learning and forget about buying any domain and give your self time to read and read.

Nigerians likes quick money and that is why we are facing challenges with domain biz. Do not waste your money to buy whithout proper learning and put exact what you learn in practice and you can.make money. It is not a biz to make you millions overnight, but I am saying it categorically that you can make good money from domaining.

You can visit the link paisted below on this thread and my blog to read. Find my blog in my signature. Good luck.

https://www.nairaland.com/1239593/domain-name-business-easiest-most/322

Please note that once you are here, you need to help people and not to confuse them.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by m8rasw6h11(m): 8:45am On Sep 18, 2016
expertix:

Why are you in domaining biz.if it is impossible to make money in it. You have said, the biz is full of missleading. You are now missleadding somebody.

Domaining only need you to be serious and hard working. You first of all need to understand what makes good domains. You can have the knowledge by reading from blogs to forums and after knowing good domains. You can start buying from drop market, good domains are very rear available, though, you can still get very few for hand regs but they are very rear. If you have good money, you can buy cheap one from namepros.com when the owners needs money, they usually bring them to auction.

Domain biz is like every other business that requires training, you can not just jump and become millionare whithout learning the real rudimentry of the biz.
Just start learning and forget about buying any domain and give your self time to read and read.

Nigerians likes quick money and that is why we are facing challenges with domain biz. Do not waste your money to buy whithout proper learning and put exact what you learn in practice and you can.make money. It is not a biz to make you millions overnight, but I am saying it categorically that you can make good money from domaining.

You can visit the link paisted below on this thread and my blog to read. Find my blog in my signature. Good luck.

Please note that once you are here, you need to help people and not to confuse them.

Cheers.
I never said it was impossible. I said it's hard. The learning curve is steep compared to other businesses.

Capital is required, selling and negotiation skills are a must. Luck also plays a crucial role.

My aim is not to mislead. Are you telling me that every single domain you have ever bought was a success?
Have you included the exchange rate problem?
What about trademarks? Domain theft? PayPal charge back scam?

Be honest, guy, 80% of the names in Name pros are utter crap and/or expiring. The good ones are bided upon by pros and the money is on the high side. Don't get me started with drop-catching. As you said, good domains are rare.

Guy, you're talking like Nigerians are patient people.
How people will really be patient to learn and learn? How many will really do deep research?
They are eager to start after a few tidbits.

People in general, think of domaining as the get rich quick overnight scheme. I don't blame them. The media is misleading. 90% of domains don't sell for that much.

Perhaps I should reframe it. Domaining should not be your first online business in this economy unless you seriously love and you are obsessed with it.

To quote you:

Do not waste your money without proper learning. It is not a business to make you millions overnight, but I am saying it categorically that you can make good money from domaining if you read like fùck. Plus having a good mentor is a must. Avoiding newbie mistakes such as relying in Estibot, buying hyphenated domains e t c

I greatly apologize to Brightgem if this is not her first online biz.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Brightgem(f): 8:49am On Sep 18, 2016
m8rasw6h11:

Just my two cents.
#smiles I had zero knowledge about what it meant to own a blog in January, today I have one that on a good day pull 150+ visits, I did the initial set up myself through research and a tutorial vid offered by a friend till I moved to self hosting I had help which I got right here from webincomeplus. I must sound very ignorant for u to want me to stay away, but is the worst risk not taking any risk at all? I know it will have its pros and cons as I have been reading, but its all about doing what u need to with saness. Thanks. I have indeed noted ur warning.

2 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Brightgem(f): 8:50am On Sep 18, 2016
sconp:

Yes it is.
Ensure that you read, study and research properly before entering it else you would waste funds.
Thanks u. "read, Study & research" is where I am right now.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by m8rasw6h11(m): 9:00am On Sep 18, 2016
Brightgem:
#smiles I had zero knowledge about what it meant to own a blog in January, today I have one that on a good day pull 150+ visits, I did the initial set up myself through research and a tutorial vid offered by a friend till I moved to self hosting I had help which I got right here from webincomeplus. I must sound very ignorant for u to want me to stay away, but is the worst risk not taking any risk at all? I know it will have its pros and cons as I have been reading, but its all about doing what u need to with saness. Thanks. I have indeed noted ur warning.

Good.
Thank you. I apologize for generalizing as many newbies just think that they can enter domaining.
I like your opinion about the risks, something tells me you will go very far in domaining.
Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Singapore1(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2016
What m8rasw6h11 is saying is what we call bitter truth
But he said it in a wrong way...
But the truth is if you have enough money you will find domainning very interesting cheesy

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2016
Singapore1:
What m8rasw6h11 is saying is what we call bitter truth
But the truth is if you have enough money you will find domainning very interesting cheesy
capital is very important in every new business set up but in domaining, knowledge is more important. Why many people have failed to make a big impart in domaining is lack of basic knowledge. You can make money from forex trading, yea many guys have hit it from forex (though I don't recommend it) but if you don't know the in and out of forex, no matter your capital nothing will come out of it infact you may be forced to conclude that forex is a scam, same thing goes for other online businesses.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Singapore1(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2016
iykepromotions:
capital is very important in every new business set up but in domaining, knowledge is more important. Why many people have failed to make a big impart in domaining is lack of basic knowledge. You can make money from forex trading, yea many guys have hit it from forex (though I don't recommend it) but if you don't know the in and out of forex, no matter your capital nothing will come out of it, same thing goes for other online businesses.

You have said it all

The reason why I recommend capital before knowledge is because there was a time I was doing my domain hunting then I came across one domain, but I dont have any cash in my account that day .. so when I try to register it the next day ... Phew it has been taken

I later saw the domain on flippa going as higher as 2k$ ( but the owner didn't sell it) reserve not met
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 9:29am On Sep 18, 2016
Singapore1:

You have said it all

The reason why I recommend capital before knowledge is because there was a time I was doing my domain hunting then I came across one domain, but I dont have any cash in my account that day .. so when I try to register it the next day ... Phew it has been taken

I later saw the domain on flippa going as higher as 2k$ ( but the owner didn't sell it) reserve not met
That's quite interesting and will left you disappointed but this is a very common case. Even a little network delay can cause it too.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by iykepromotions: 9:43am On Sep 18, 2016
expertix:

Cheers.
You've made wonderful points already. Gambling and business are not the same. In business chances of making profit is high but in gambling, you have little percentage of winning. Those that goes into a business especially online business without proper exposure is just like they're into gambling, that's why you see domains without any potential selling for crazy amounts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Hadeyemy: 10:52am On Sep 18, 2016
Singapore1:
What m8rasw6h...11 is saying is what we call bitter truth

every bit of what he said is correct

3 Likes

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by AXYZ: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2016
As a matter of fact, some domainers have hundreds/thousands of domains in their portfolio. How many average Nigerians have 100 good ones?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by chieveboy(m): 11:29am On Sep 18, 2016
If any one has time, kindly vote ShopAbudhabi.com on Bido

http://bido.com/Profile/chieveboy/Domains

Thanks
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 5:11pm On Sep 18, 2016
AXYZ:
As a matter of fact, some domainers have hundreds/thousands of domains in their portfolio. How many average Nigerians have 100 good ones?

Yes! they have, but it is not how far, but how well; it is not until you have million domains in your portfolio before you can make money in domining biz. Have moderate properties and make your money and develop your portfolio widely. It is when you know what you are doing before you can develop your portfolio. Do you know one can have millions and they can all be rubbish, scraps. Ok! When they say this business is most profitable, that does not mean anybody can make money from it.

So if you want to make money from this business. Knowing the rudimentary is paramount! Even ordinary barber must learn unless he want to face problem or Alubosa - Onion traders learn the biz before going into it.
Yes, ok! Unless you are calling domaining a betting venture.

I remeber when forex came to Nigeria in 2002 2005 when everybody was going for the trade based on what they were told. Not knowing it was a deceit. people wasted lots of money there, simply because they failed to learn before making money. This is the same thing many are trying to do in domaining now, which should not be so.

So if you want to make money from this business. Knowing the rudimentary is paramount!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by expertix(m): 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2016
iykepromotions:
You've made wonderful points already. Gambling and business are not the same. In business chances of making profit is high but in gambling, you have little percentage of winning. Those that goes into a business especially online business without proper exposure is just like they're into gambling, that's why you see domains without any potential selling for crazy amounts.

Thanks for your understanding
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by Abcruz(m): 6:09pm On Sep 18, 2016
I totally agree with expertix. Domaining is simple and fun if u have a grounded knowledge on it. One ought not to venture into it becos he or she sees 4 figures income being raked by someone else. A careful research and study will do u alot of good. As a matter of fact, i've been silently following iykepromotions rules and principles in domaining and have also been doing good background research for over 5 months now.
Re: Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture by AXYZ: 7:01pm On Sep 18, 2016
Without mincing words, we are saying thesame thing @expertix

(1) (2) (3) ... (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) ... (398) (Reply)

How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.