Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,610 members, 7,816,511 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Selfish Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Selfish Churches (1644 Views)

Religious Children Are More Selfish Than Atheist Children, Say US Neuroscientist / Rich Churches, Poor Members / What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selfish Churches by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 28, 2013
Churches of today are nothing like the body of christ in that they can't make any sacrifices. Christ,while in heaven was full of GLORY,loved by the Father and was His only begotten son but his love for mankind made him to leave all of that heavenly GLORY to dwell among men in this filthy world. While on earth he healed the sick and deseased,gave sight to the blind,healed cripples,fed multitudes just to mention a few all for no fee. Seeing that that was not enough,he died on the cross to secure eternal life for them. Imagine those precious legs that were just recently washed with perfume by mary magdalene getting nailed and bloody. Imagine his glorious skin getting whooped. Imagine thorns forcing out blood from his head. Imagine the piercing of his side...all for him to create a perfect body(church). NOW, compare that body to the body we have today. Churches neglect the poor,sick,diseased,starving,orphans,widows,cripples etc even in their congregations. Their major concerns are the welfare of their clergy,mega choirs,car parks,electricity bills,vehicle fuel,air conditions,branches,projector cameras,lands,universities(not for the poor),jets,suits,TV programmes,books etc all of which go on fine at the expence of those christ came to die for. The so-called churches care more about material things and earthly GLORY than dying humans. They still go to the extent of milking these same people through false tithes,project offerings,seed offerings,first fruits and any scamming means they can think of. If today's churches are really the body of christ then they should neglect these GLORIES and sacrifice their all for needy humans.

3 Likes

Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 28, 2013
If your church is anything like them then you are in the wrong place. Examples of such are listed below. Criticize me and twist the truth all you can,lies will still remain lies and truth truth.

RCC--Supported wars and full of paganism.

RCCG--Tithes,university,xmas,easter,branches,material things,prosperity gospel etc.

WINNERS--Business empire,jets,entrepreneurship,false doctrine etc.

DEEPER LIFE--Hell fire myth,self-righteousness,business empire etc

etc etc etc.

Add yours.
Re: Selfish Churches by Joagbaje(m): 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2013
Are you a Christian ? MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS . Reach the lost ,intercede for saints, fulfil your ministry. Talk less ,do more

1 Like

Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2013
Joagbaje:
Are you a Christian ? MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS . Reach the lost ,intercede for saints, fulfil your ministry. Talk less ,do more
i am doing my Father's business unlike your ministers that fleece the sheeps.

1 Like

Re: Selfish Churches by ichuka(m): 8:37pm On Mar 28, 2013
Segeggs: i am doing my Father's business unlike your ministers that fleece the sheeps.
So your Father is a poor and wretched God abi?
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 1:41am On Mar 29, 2013
i.chuka:

So your Father is a poor and wretched God abi?
what's your point cos you sound different from the concept of the thread?
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 5:32am On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: i am doing my Father's business unlike your ministers that fleece the sheeps.
rather the father's business is saving the unsaved..your gospel is not pointing towards that direction.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2013
Bidam: rather the father's business is saving the unsaved..your gospel is not pointing towards that direction.
how can the unsaved be saved when they are seriously locked in a corrupt system? They have to be freed from such before their minds can be truly ready for the true church of christ which cares for them.

1 Like

Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 1:46pm On Mar 29, 2013
Segeggs: how can the unsaved be saved when they are seriously locked in a corrupt system? They have to be freed from such before their minds can be truly ready for the true church of christ which cares for them.
your post paints the church as a corrupt system..that is not what you should preach to the unsaved.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 29, 2013
Bidam: your post paints the church as a corrupt system..that is not what you should preach to the unsaved.
should i preach to them that christ came to save them and still leave them in that system?mind you, my post preached to them and also painted the churches for what they are- corrupt and not the true body of christ.
Re: Selfish Churches by Joagbaje(m): 7:50am On Apr 02, 2013
Bidam: your post paints the church as a corrupt system..that is not what you should preach to the unsaved.

These people reminds me of the 10 spies that Moses sent along with Joshua to spy the land. They came with evil report of zion. Didn't God know there were giants? How come God didn't tell them by himself. God only talk of milk and honey in the land. But these 10 guys died for giving evil report . Same principle applies . Don't give evil report of the church especially before the world. God will Require the blood of the sinners from you hand.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 02, 2013
^ you just like to twist scriptures to suit yourself. What has the bible illustration you gave got to do with what the thread is saying? Since when has it become bad to call a pot black? The true church of God is nothing like what you believe in.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 02, 2013
The looser is a member of the jehovah witness founded by the occult master Charles Russel
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 6:26am On Apr 03, 2013
chukwudi44: The looser is a member of the jehovah witness founded by the occult master Charles Russel
wrong, am not. I can say i believe in 75% of what they stand for but am really a bible student. They are the only one i see exposing the lies of your RCC unlike other fake protestants who dine with their mother HARLOT, Rome.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 6:46am On Apr 03, 2013
Segeggs: wrong, am not. I can say i believe in 75% of what they stand for but am really a bible student. They are the only one i see exposing the lies of your RCC unlike other fake protestants who dine with their mother HARLOT, Rome.
Good morning bro..hope you slept well..what is the name of the church you fellowship with?
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 7:55am On May 04, 2013
Bidam: Good morning bro..hope you slept well..what is the name of the church you fellowship with?
a true church should not have a name. If you must know, the name of my church is segeggs - cos am a church myself (temple). Most churches are just graveyards following thesame programme routine without allowing the holy spirit to take charge. They just draft a time table on how THEY want to run their service without asking God how he wants to run the day. Since He is not invited, he will leave them to themselves. No wonder we dont see manifestations as of old.

3 Likes

Re: Selfish Churches by Frostyzone(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2013
@Op, I'm a non-practicing Christian and isn't all that committed to God's words. But reading your post tells me a lot about you.

It tells me you are an hypocrite. The way you trash talk and obsessed about those Churches and their General-Overseers, as if you are any better is really mind numbling.

Your holier-than-thou-me-against-the-world attitude reminds me of a bible quotation - He who is without sin let him be the first cast the stone. Obviously, you are the perfect creature of God.

And how did you know they weren't real men of God, heh? The bible says - "touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm" - A quotation you just violated in every sense.

Okay, maybe they are fake prophets and again maybe they are not. There is no way of really knowing except to keep your peace and mind your own business. You never know when your tongue will get you into trouble.

Another word of advice, learn to wash your dirty linen in private. By writing what you considered an Exposé on church matters, you are indirectly under-mining the same Christianity you are supposedly trying to protect. There are more tactful ways of doing that than an outright accusations and verbal attack. Accusations without proof is fallacy in the eyes of law and something a lot more in the eyes of the God.

Watch your self dude, you ain't any better.

2 Likes

Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 9:22am On May 04, 2013
^ You just posted like a church goer with veil over his eyes. The OP clearly shows the difference between todays churches and that which christ started. As for the general overseers, how can they be true prophets when they are seated on empires of greediness? We shouldnt point out their wrong, abi? Also the ones that are openly gay, abi? Shebi its touch not my anointed...
Re: Selfish Churches by Frostyzone(m): 9:55am On May 04, 2013
Segeggs: ^ You just posted like a church goer with veil over his eyes. The OP clearly shows the difference between todays churches and that which christ started. As for the general overseers, how can they be true prophets when they are seated on empires of greediness? We shouldnt point out their wrong, abi? Also the ones that are openly gay, abi? Shebi its touch not my anointed...

Referring oneself as a third person is obviously a sign of mental instability.

Your reply to my post clearly showed you didn't comprehend what I wrote at all, even though I tried to be as succinct as possible.

Or maybe, you are just beyond reason.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 10:27am On May 04, 2013
This is why I hate going to the useless places called "church" besides Church is not a building but Christ's body. Today "churches" are not Christ's church.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 11:53am On May 04, 2013
@Frostyzone.
whatelse do u understand by OP dat u think am refering to a third person? well, I meant u didnt read the OPENING POST before commenting.
Re: Selfish Churches by Frostyzone(m): 12:25pm On May 04, 2013
Segeggs: @Frostyzone.
whatelse do u understand by OP dat u think am refering to a third person? well, I meant u didnt read the OPENING POST before commenting.

Weren't you the one that started this thread, right? That automatically makes you the ORIGINAL POSTER.

1 Like

Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 1:33pm On May 04, 2013
Segeggs: a true church should not have a name. If you must know, the name of my church is segeggs - cos am a church myself (temple). Most churches are just graveyards following thesame programme routine without allowing the holy spirit to take charge. They just draft a time table on how THEY want to run their service without asking God how he wants to run the day. Since He is not invited, he will leave them to themselves. No wonder we dont see manifestations as of old.
God doesn't deal with an individual except Christ..He deals with a group of people..IT IS THE PEOPLE THAT MAKES THE CHURCH NOT YOU..IF YOU READ REVELATION JESUS ADDRESSES THE CHURCHES IN EPHESUS,SMYRNA,PERGAMUM,THYATIRA, SARDIS BY NAME COS THEY HAVE AN IDENTITY..DON'T KID YOURSELF.
Re: Selfish Churches by alexleo(m): 3:10pm On May 04, 2013
Segeggs: Churches of today are nothing like the body of christ in that they can't make any sacrifices. Christ,while in heaven was full of GLORY,loved by the Father and was His only begotten son but his love for mankind made him to leave all of that heavenly GLORY to dwell among men in this filthy world. While on earth he healed the sick and deseased,gave sight to the blind,healed cripples,fed multitudes just to mention a few all for no fee. Seeing that that was not enough,he died on the cross to secure eternal life for them. Imagine those precious legs that were just recently washed with perfume by mary magdalene getting nailed and bloody. Imagine his glorious skin getting whooped. Imagine thorns forcing out blood from his head. Imagine the piercing of his side...all for him to create a perfect body(church). NOW, compare that body to the body we have today. Churches neglect the poor,sick,diseased,starving,orphans,widows,cripples etc even in their congregations. Their major concerns are the welfare of their clergy,mega choirs,car parks,electricity bills,vehicle fuel,air conditions,branches,projector cameras,lands,universities(not for the poor),jets,suits,TV programmes,books etc all of which go on fine at the expence of those christ came to die for. The so-called churches care more about material things and earthly GLORY than dying humans. They still go to the extent of milking these same people through false tithes,project offerings,seed offerings,first fruits and any scamming means they can think of. If today's churches are really the body of christ then they should neglect these GLORIES and sacrifice their all for needy humans.

I was enjoying your post like a delicious meal until I came to a poisnous point and I stopped and even vomited the ones I ve eaten. I don't have nothing to benefit from a satanic post. You just displayed the traits of satan- accuser of the brethren.

1 Like

Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 04, 2013
alexleo:

I was enjoying your post like a delicious meal until I came to a poisnous point and I stopped and even vomited the ones I ve eaten. I don't have nothing to benefit from a satanic post. You just displayed the traits of satan- accuser of the brethren.
even satan wont want to accuse the churches of today cos they dance to his tune. But if it were to be the churches of old he would work tiredlessly to ruin them. Havent you wondered why the apostles and the early church faced so much persecution but the churches of today and our so-called prophets dont face any but flamboyant lifestyles. Its all because they've mingled with the world and who rules it - the devil. Brother, if the post tasted like poison in your mouth, then it must have been the bitter truth.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 4:22pm On May 04, 2013
Bidam: God doesn't deal with an individual except Christ..He deals with a group of people..IT IS THE PEOPLE THAT MAKES THE CHURCH NOT YOU..IF YOU READ REVELATION JESUS ADDRESSES THE CHURCHES IN EPHESUS,SMYRNA,PERGAMUM,THYATIRA, SARDIS BY NAME COS THEY HAVE AN IDENTITY..DON'T KID YOURSELF.
u mean God doesnt live in individuals anymore? Na wa o! What about the holyspirit?
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 4:58pm On May 04, 2013
Segeggs: u mean God doesnt live in individuals anymore? Na wa o! What about the holyspirit?
You are the one painting a scenario that an individual can exist independent of the church. I didn't say God doesn't live in the lives of individuals. I said God doesn't deal with an individual entity as a Church(Body of Christ) as you erroneously assumed in your post above.When i speak i speak prophetically, the whole purpose of God is for a kingdom of priests and kings and NOT ONE KINGDOM OF PRIEST AND KING. The bible says "ALL JOINTS SUPPLIETH". When you paint the Church as a "corrupt system" what are you doing in order to prevent the decadence? Is it by name calling and pointing accusing fingers?(which of cos you are being hypocritical about which someone in this thread observed and pointed it out to you). Or is it by functioning in your gifting and placement in that BODY and praying for the out pouring of the Holy Spirit.

If you feel that bad about the Church of JESUS why not ask Him? instead of displaying your ignorance and folly here in a public forum, hence preventing those in darkness to see the light and come to the knowledge of the truth.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 5:12pm On May 04, 2013
^ "and i will profess to then, i never knew you: depart from me,you that work iniquity"-----jesus

you think everything called church belongs to the body of christ. You said i should pray for them and not point out their wrong; how about work and pray? I work by showing them their faults so they'll know what to change from.
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 04, 2013
Segeggs: ^ "and i will profess to then, i never knew you: depart from me,you that work iniquity"-----jesus

you think everything called church belongs to the body of christ. You said i should pray for them and not point out their wrong; how about work and pray? I work by showing them their faults so they'll know what to change from.
And what are you doing about your own faults? are you telling us you are infallible?
Re: Selfish Churches by manmustwac(m): 5:25pm On May 04, 2013
@post
what do you expect when the sole purpose of over 99% of those churches opening is to make money?
Re: Selfish Churches by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 04, 2013
manmustwac: @post
what do you expect when the sole purpose of over 99% of those churches opening is to make money?
An unbeliever has joined the party grin. Am not surprised.
Re: Selfish Churches by Harmonyco(f): 5:43pm On May 04, 2013
Am njoying d argument NEXT

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Message Of The Cross. / God And Angelin Photograph Of Clouds Over Cape Coral, Florida / Prophet T.b Joshua Prophecy About Scoan Tragedy (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.