Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. (11901 Views)

Nigerians And Fake Foreign Accents / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East / Ethiopia-the Birth Of Nations-the Origin Of The Green, Yellow And Red Flag! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. by jauntty: 8:43pm On Jul 07, 2014
razznaija: I understand that the air in Nigeria is dried and polluted, but please invest in some eye drops, it will do you a lot of good.
If you are talking about eyedrops that "brightens" the eye color and makes them white, then my advice is DON'T TRY IT. Am an Optometrist and can tell you that such eyedrops have negative side effects. (I don't want to mention the eyedrops cos some pple here will still go ahead and use). The effect is temporarily and the eye will return to the same color. Secondly some of those yellow, brown and discolored eyes results from high cholesterol deposits and from the type of food we eat. However, most are GENETIC.
Re: Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. by Jakumo(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2014
razznaija: I understand that the air in Nigeria is dried and polluted, but please invest in some eye drops, it will do you a lot of good.

The cause of the yellow eyes is years of smoking poor quality African dirt weed, as opposed to the connoisseur-grade Thai budlets available to you good folks out there in Colorado.

Since you are so concerned about the plight of the neglected Nigerian weed-consuming masses, perhaps you might see clear to arranging for the importation of some better genetics into your beloved homeland ?
Re: Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. by sdavirus: 4:57pm On Jul 27, 2014
I'm surprised many don't know this.
Apart from the fact it could be genetic or a sign that there's something wrong within, it has to do with the very hot climate in Africa and the dust particles that get into your eyes, with the poor state of roads in the country. That's why it's extremely important for everyone to get a pair of sunglasses. It's also one way M.D's in the UK know patients from Africa.

P.S: The eyedrop thing that was mentioned, it's only a temporary fix. It can also lead to irritation and leave your eyes in a worse state. Many Hollywood actors use it when going on set. It's dangerous. Be warned.
Re: Nigerians And Their Yellow Eyes. by alvinaben: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2015
Carotenosis xanthaemia) is the presence of the orange pigment carotene in blood from excessive intake of carrots or other vegetables containing the pigment resulting in increased serum carotenoids.[1][2]:540[3]:681 Carotenoids are lipid-soluble compounds that include alpha- and beta-carotene, beta-cryptoxanthin, lycopene, lutein, and zeaxanthin. The primary serum carotenoids are beta-carotene, lycopene, and lutein. Serum levels of carotenoids vary between region, ethnicity, and sex in the healthy population. All are absorbed by passive diffusion from the gastrointestinal tract and are then partially metabolized in the intestinal mucosa and liver to vitamin A. From there they are transported in the plasma into the peripheral tissues. Carotenoids are eliminated via sweat, sebum, urine, and gastrointestinal secretions.[citation needed] Carotenoids contribute to normal-appearing human skin color and are a significant component of physiologic ultraviolet photoprotection.[citation needed]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Abuja a northern state? / Oluwo Of Iwo, Akanbi: "I Didn't Visit Dangote For Money" / Where Are You From?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.