Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,437 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System (8648 Views)

Army Launches Combat Motorbike Battalion (see Pix) / OPC Launches Online Radio, Magazine / Maiduguri Shuts Down As Army Launches Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by digitite: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2013
cold:

NIGERIAN ARMY LAUNCH INFORMATION ALERT SYSTEM TO TACKLE TERROR

The Nigerian Army has launched an online information system that will track and tackle terrorist threat in the country within fifteen minutes. The information processing system commissioned on Wednesday by the Chief of Transformation and Innovation, Major General Ibrahim Sani, will alert a network of security agencies nationwide of any terrorist activity reported by any Nigerian via email or text message.Major General Sani explained that information on the network system cannot be compromised and will respond confidentially to all distress and emergency calls.[b]The Nigerian Army Information Processing System can reached via the following email addresses:Nigerianarmytips@yahoo.com Nigerianarmytips@gmail.com SMS can also be sent to the following dedicated numbers:08160030300 07053331230 8181555888 [/b]Many have questioned the inability of the government to adequately tackle the increasing threat by members of Boko Haram and other widespread security concerns. But the Nigerian Army has risen to the challenge with the use of information technology to address the issue using information processing system. The system is designed to speedily alert the Police, the State Security Service (SSS) and other security agencies of any terrorist action observed in any part of the country.Major General Sani maintained that basic training of skilled operators on the system has already begun, adding that issues of power failure or hacking into the network will not be a challenge as the system will be powered by an inverter and managed by professionals. The Information Processing System,according to the army, also allows communication in local languages as long as the information is clearly described using the right medium.

[url]
http://beegeagle./2013/03/29/nigerian-army-launch-information-alert-system-to-tackle-terror[/url]/

Osho free web services and unreliable GSM numbers can be get busy in an instant....If this is how our Army reasons in the 21century, then there is a problem.....

Nawaooo, even a sole proprietorship like me has official email, a long code number and sms platform to receive and send messages.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Nobody: 5:07pm On Mar 29, 2013
Major General Sani explained that information on the network system cannot be COMPROMISED and will respond confidentially to all distress and emergency calls

The Nigerian Army Information Processing System can reached via the following email addresses:Nigerianarmytips@yahoo.com Nigerianarmytips@gmail.com

when are we going to wake up in this country, "The Nigerian Army Information Processing System" ought to be a highly sophisticated system with it's own dedicated server!!!!

FBI, CIA still has issues with hackers not to talk of YAHOO AND GMAIL

GOD HELP US...
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by expertfingers(m): 5:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Our Yansh:

Soja people why na??

angry

first thing that came to my mind.

Nigerian Army using yahoo and gmail. SMH
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Urine: 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2013
Lmao! No dedicated secure server? No system for real time monitoring? I dey laugh o.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by hammedkola(m): 5:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
So, with all Nigeria money, is a free domain mail the Army can make use of?
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by nenergy(m): 5:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
What is the website of the Nigerian Army? Yahoo and gmail, seriously? Make una just beware of cyber attacks at the online info system.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by remzytimer: 5:42pm On Mar 29, 2013
I don't know whats ur problem and why u ask too many questions.... The best u can do now is to safe those numbers on ur phone immediately.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by supaeagles(m): 6:08pm On Mar 29, 2013
a1solution: They should provide steady light, security cameras and register all Nigerians and their buildings in a data base to solve security and curruption problem.
you are describing heaven - please don't make a death wish on us all oh smiley
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by gerald09(m): 6:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
Great idea! But the number should be toll free.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Dibiachukwu: 6:53pm On Mar 29, 2013
This what you all bargained for when you allowed rejoiced for evil and let devils take over the country. What a young man in his 30s saw, old men couldn't see. My people are blessed. Information alert system @ yahoo.com. chai cheesy
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Emmy9ite(m): 7:04pm On Mar 29, 2013
Not bad at all. This is long overdue. I hope it works!
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Livinusc(m): 7:05pm On Mar 29, 2013
cold:

NIGERIAN ARMY LAUNCH INFORMATION ALERT SYSTEM TO TACKLE TERROR

The Nigerian Army has launched an online information system that will track and tackle terrorist threat in the country within fifteen minutes. The information processing system commissioned on Wednesday by the Chief of Transformation and Innovation, Major General Ibrahim Sani, will alert a network of security agencies nationwide of any terrorist activity reported by any Nigerian via email or text message.Major General Sani explained that information on the network system cannot be compromised and will respond confidentially to all distress and emergency calls.The Nigerian Army Information Processing System can reached via the following email addresses:Nigerianarmytips@yahoo.com Nigerianarmytips@gmail.com SMS can also be sent to the following dedicated numbers:08160030300 07053331230 8181555888 Many have questioned the inability of the government to adequately tackle the increasing threat by members of Boko Haram and other widespread security concerns. But the Nigerian Army has risen to the challenge with the use of information technology to address the issue using information processing system. The system is designed to speedily alert the Police, the State Security Service (SSS) and other security agencies of any terrorist action observed in any part of the country.Major General Sani maintained that basic training of skilled operators on the system has already begun, adding that issues of power failure or hacking into the network will not be a challenge as the system will be powered by an inverter and managed by professionals. The Information Processing System,according to the army, also allows communication in local languages as long as the information is clearly described using the right medium.

[url]
http://beegeagle./2013/03/29/nigerian-army-launch-information-alert-system-to-tackle-terror[/url]/
Welcome development
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by omegag: 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY MY GOVERNMENT SO DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY MY GOVERNMENT SO DUMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHY MY GOVERNMENT SO DUMB

WHAT HAPPEN TO INTELLIGENT NETWORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHERE IS THE GALAXY NETWORK MEANT FOR THE GOVERNMENT?

WHY CORRUPTION IS BLINDING THESE PEOPLE IN THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOD HELP US!!!! A CALL FOR REVOLUTION!!!
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Dipoly(m): 7:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote
author=ArQueBusieR]A great step in the right direction: every Tomi,
Dipo, and Haliru knows you can't fight terror without technology.
[/quote] wetin concern my name(Dipo) 4 d mata. take ya tym o.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by okunboy: 7:39pm On Mar 29, 2013
How could this be happening to us in this century? It shows clearly the people we appointed to manage our affairs. You just need to hear the millions sunk into this crap before you can understand the real trouble we have in this country. That is even by the way. During 9-11 terrorism in america, the CIA and FBI did discover that information about the incidence had already been in their system, but because of the unstructured nature and the volume of information,the system could not decode and acted promptly. And that is America, where all the paraphernalia of technologies is at their best! With these crap GSM lines and shameful public domain emails I can't figure out how in this scenario they want to process or decipher tons of relevant and irrelevant messages that will be pushed to the system. If we are serious about using technology to tackle terrorism in this country,we will invest in the ones that can make our highway "talk". If and when our highway begin to talk, then we are ready! 'enof said'
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by gerald09(m): 7:49pm On Mar 29, 2013
Who is this person that keeps giving Nigerian govt s*tupid ideas, that person needs to be shoot. U mean to tell me that the Nigerian Army actually open a yahoo/gmail and use a MTN number to fight terrorism. I bet its a 10yr old that gives dis ideas. REALY!! Nw imagine how much. Dey have spent on tins u get for wit #200.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by sirletua: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
Localamos: A welcome idea.
ZOMBIE IN ACTION
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by sirletua: 8:17pm On Mar 29, 2013
Localamos: A welcome idea.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by expertfingers(m): 9:12pm On Mar 29, 2013
nenergy: What is the website of the Nigerian Army?

"I cannot categorically tell you one now because the one that we will
eventually use will be made known by My Oga At the Top"(MOATT) grin grin

Just kidding.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by claremont(m): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2013
I can't believe the Nigerian army uses a public domain such as yahoo and gmail as it's email providers. It costs less than chips these days to own your own dedicated email address. What the hell are they doing with the billions allocated to them I wonder.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by brownlord: 10:13pm On Mar 29, 2013
I don die, i done die, i don die, army of the giant of africa launch a yahoo and gmail email address wit one mtn number? Chai, our leaders r really insultin our intelligence, and they even brag abt it tht theyve put in machinery to avoid a free site been hacked, a web address i can even hack from here, what happen to the nigeria army website? Does not allow emails, na wah for wire road o
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by confusion247(m): 10:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
All those asking government to grant amnesty to boko haram members won't like this development.
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by Cityguy: 10:15pm On Mar 29, 2013
Who can please u guys? E don die finish. Dem give u wetin to take call dem u still dey yarn opata wey dey turn belle. Which one una dey sef? Haba.....
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by EreluY(f): 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2013
cold: NIGERIAN ARMY LAUNCH INFORMATION ALERT SYSTEM TO TACKLE TERROR
The Nigerian Army Information Processing System can reached via the following email addresses:Nigerianarmytips@yahoo.com Nigerianarmytips@gmail.com http://beegeagle./2013/03/29/nigerian-army-launch-information-alert-system-to-tackle-terror/

[size=16pt]UNBELIEVABLE! IT TAKES LESS SMART GUYS TO HACK INTO YAHOOMAIL AND GMAIL ACCOUNTS, COMPROMISIING ANY SECURITY DETAILS THAT THESE EMAIL ACCOUNTS HOLDS! WHAT A SHAME. NIGERIA AND ITS CROP OF LEADERSHIP IS AN ABSOLUTE JOKE[/size]
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by sarking82: 12:07am On Mar 30, 2013
Hmmmm,yahoo, gmailn long numbers? From Chief of transformation n innovation. This is absolute Backwards transformation,n childs play innovation
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by kabba7(m): 5:24am On Mar 30, 2013
woodcook: wait did they just open an account on yahoo and gmail and commissioned same?

Never knew the army is so dumb so hosting a domain or having 3 or 4 figure coded numbers won't go into thier skulls .Who told term those numbers and e-mail cant be hacked ? They are underestimating the capabilities of a determined hacker for thier info those e_mail addresses are hackable period .stop the self deceit
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by 2baga(m): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2013
cold:

NIGERIAN ARMY LAUNCH INFORMATION ALERT SYSTEM TO TACKLE TERROR

The Nigerian Army has launched an online information system that will track and tackle terrorist threat in the country within fifteen minutes. The information processing system commissioned on Wednesday by the Chief of Transformation and Innovation, Major General Ibrahim Sani, will alert a network of security agencies nationwide of any terrorist activity reported by any Nigerian via email or text message.Major General Sani explained that information on the network system cannot be compromised and will respond confidentially to all distress and emergency calls.The Nigerian Army Information Processing System can reached via the following email addresses:Nigerianarmytips@yahoo.com Nigerianarmytips@gmail.com SMS can also be sent to the following dedicated numbers:08160030300 07053331230 8181555888 Many have questioned the inability of the government to adequately tackle the increasing threat by members of Boko Haram and other widespread security concerns. But the Nigerian Army has risen to the challenge with the use of information technology to address the issue using information processing system. The system is designed to speedily alert the Police, the State Security Service (SSS) and other security agencies of any terrorist action observed in any part of the country.Major General Sani maintained that basic training of skilled operators on the system has already begun, adding that issues of power failure or hacking into the network will not be a challenge as the system will be powered by an inverter and managed by professionals. The Information Processing System,according to the army, also allows communication in local languages as long as the information is clearly described using the right medium.

[url]

apart from the firmware and hardware, we need to recruit or the best personnel just like Jack Bauer that will not compromise or sellout
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by terryjohn7: 8:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
So na gmail and yahoo they wants to power with inverter. Interesting keep it up nigeria army
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by magnificentsk(m): 5:20pm On Mar 31, 2013
i saw the gadgets myself on channels tv news they look sophiscated couple with the inverters, but what will be my security as an asipiring informant? lol
Re: Nigerian Army Launches Online Information System by sirletua: 3:52pm On Nov 11, 2013
expertfingers:

"I cannot categorically tell you one now because the one that we will
eventually use will be made known by My Oga At the Top"(MOATT) grin grin

Just kidding.
2 no of detaches duplex forsale ( 1 with bq, security house and generator) 5 due room duplex the other with a stores building bq ( title c of o) at tunde oge leave street off ligali ayorinde v.i asking price 650 million note vacant possession.contact 08024507812, 07042863584

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shehu Musa Yar'adua Entered Army 1959, How Did He Write Exam 1961 Na???? / Pdp Haram! Pdp Haram! Pdp Haram! - Pastor Tunde Bakare In Maiduguri / Maiduguri: Boko Haram Gives Conditions For Cease Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.