Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494956 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 24, 2014
Belexy:

Lets chat on whatsapp : 08023000802 if u need help setting up ur wooden tarpaulin ponds.

thanks, i'll add u shortly.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
mozek24:

The answer is yes.

The guy who introduced me into fish in herited his father's 6 rooms "face me I face you" house. He started by setting tiny ponds around the fence, graduated to creating pond at the only available space at the back yard. In January this year he evicted a tenant and converted the room to a pond (about 10 ft by 10ft). In July he evicted another tenant and constructed another pond in the room space. In September he evicted the 3rd tenant and did broilers. He occupies 2 rooms and have a tenant. Do you the that tenant will survive next year in that house?

His reasons:

His tenants pay N2,000 a month and its not regular
2000 *12 = 24,000.

He stocks 1000 table size and sells at about 2kg within 6 months makes about 150,000
150,000 * 2 cycles =N300,000.

According to him he makes about N300,000 for the same space.

I hope that answers your inquiry.

Warning: this is a live scenerio but I won't encourage you to evict your tenants for fish oo.

Merry Christmas all

Thanks dear. What type of pond did he construct? Did he leave the roof of the house or did he remove the roof?

Thanks one again.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 3:49am On Dec 25, 2014
Hello to each and everyone happy christmas and wishing u prosperous new yr in advance. Pls d gurus in d house in d likes of bro robonski,bro excelsior,bro tokugawa and others pls i need ur response to this issues i av an issue of stocking my pond .d issue is that i av 500 pieces of juveniles in d 120by60ft pls i want to add another 500 pieces of juveniles to it again this week tuesday clock a week i stock the first 500 pieces d remaining 500 juveniles will be added on jan 3,2015 .what is now giving me concern is that d first 500 pieces wouldn't av cause d remaining 500 pieces i added .and pls i want to know into details if it is good to add d remaining 500 to d pond .i av told d man i booked with for d remaining 500 pieces that he should be feeding d young juveniles to attain d first 500 pieces i stock before in d pond .pls to d consultant in d fish farm in d house pls i need ur response from u thks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:32am On Dec 25, 2014
Wishing y'all a merry xmas..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by boomzee: 6:07am On Dec 25, 2014
robonski15:

and u too bro.. thanks for. giving hop to lots of guyz who had little hope after so many bad experience...

thanks again...

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 7:49am On Dec 25, 2014
Johnnyessence:
Hello to each and everyone happy christmas and wishing u prosperous new yr in advance. Pls d gurus in d house in d likes of bro robonski,bro excelsior,bro tokugawa and others pls i need ur response to this issues i av an issue of stocking my pond .d issue is that i av 500 pieces of juveniles in d 120by60ft pls i want to add another 500 pieces of juveniles to it again this week tuesday clock a week i stock the first 500 pieces d remaining 500 juveniles will be added on jan 3,2015 .what is now giving me concern is that d first 500 pieces wouldn't av cause d remaining 500 pieces i added .and pls i want to know into details if it is good to add d remaining 500 to d pond .i av told d man i booked with for d remaining 500 pieces that he should be feeding d young juveniles to attain d first 500 pieces i stock before in d pond .pls to d consultant in d fish farm in d house pls i need ur response from u thks.

Are u sure of d dimension of d pond? It cant be d right dimension sir. 120ft by 60ft is a full plot of land!
If ur source feeds d juveniles well and dey attain d same size as d previous ones u stocked, YES you can add dem. I av done such several times wtout consequences. Its just like u sorted dem and added dem to another pond.

#sort out the dimension of ur pond first and dnt over stock d fishes. Its better to av 500 fishes dat will grow very well dan to av 1000 fishes with stunted growth.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kniceport1: 9:44am On Dec 25, 2014
Belexy:

Feel it up as much as d tank will take wtout it over flowing or d fishes coming out over d edge easily. 1000L tank is small and wont take more dan a maximum of 150 adult fishes.
Instead of buying 10 tanks which are expensive, why not use the money to construct wooden tarpaulin ponds. It will cost u less and u will be able to accommodate more fishes.

thanks for your advice,i stay in karu axis of abuja,pls can you kindly give me the cost of making the tarpaulin pond of 10*10 ft or that can 500 to 1000 pices.
i will appreciate any contact in the house that can be of help.
merry xmas to you all,God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ultrazone(m): 11:33am On Dec 25, 2014
robonski15:
Wishing you the same, boss. May the help you rendered to others come back to you and your household in diverse folds, IJN. Amen.

Merry Xmas.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by humble007(m): 1:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
good afternoon bosss
how is the family and my name sake? I've been looking for a way to contact you sir. I've LOST 5 PHONE THIS YEAR TO MISCHIVIOUS HOMOSAPIEN species
this is ADEMOLA FROM ROSELLAS(OKOFILLING) 08065514476. the 0808(airtell has been stolen)
Belexy:
3000L STOREX water tank FOR SALE. It has never been used. Bought it Dec last year but had change of plans.
Holler at me if interested.

**Location of tank: Igando, Lagos state.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 2:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
Belexy:

Are u sure of d dimension of d pond? It cant be d right dimension sir. 120ft by 60ft is a full plot of land!
If ur source feeds d juveniles well and dey attain d same size as d previous ones u stocked, YES you can add dem. I av done such several times wtout consequences. Its just like u sorted dem and added dem to another pond.

#sort out the dimension of ur pond first and dnt over stock d fishes. Its better to av 500 fishes dat will grow very well dan to av 1000 fishes with stunted growth.
thks bro belexy it just that d pond is big enough that's why i said i want to add another 500 to it.then, pls recommend a good and active drugs for d juveniles pieces at this stage.cos' i want to buy them at early stage now thanks then bro in earthen changing of water should be efficient abi pls bro belexy pls post d pix of wooden tanpoulin pond.thks for ur reply ur phone number too is important pls give us.thks bro merry christmass to ur family and ur friends.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by mozek24: 9:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
mercylicious:

Thanks dear. What type of pond did he construct? Did he leave the roof of the house or did he remove the roof?

Thanks one again.

He dug the floor and set blocks just like earthen pond. The roof is intact

Like I said earlier, I won't encourage you to do this.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
On behalf of all the management of Fhemmmy Motos, We wish you a Merry Christmas. May the reason for the season give you joy.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Belexy(m): 10:43pm On Dec 26, 2014
Johnnyessence:
thks bro belexy it just that d pond is big enough that's why i said i want to add another 500 to it.then, pls recommend a good and active drugs for d juveniles pieces at this stage.cos' i want to buy them at early stage now thanks then bro in earthen changing of water should be efficient abi pls bro belexy pls post d pix of wooden tanpoulin pond.thks for ur reply ur phone number too is important pls give us.thks bro merry christmass to ur family and ur friends.

120ft by 60ft is a 'river' oh.... shocked i want u to check the real size of dat pond.
#u dont need drugs per se... Drugs shd only be used wen indicated. Maintain good water management, feed well and dnt over stock ur pond and u are good to go wink
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by prof800(m): 12:39am On Dec 27, 2014
mercylicious:

Plz i need more info on wooden tarpauline pond.
i will google it for the image right away but anyone wit ready info shld plz assist.

A friend of mine uses the "wooden-tarpaulin" pond... he uses them to raise melange. He has about five and has been using them for over a year now.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
Belexy:

120ft by 60ft is a 'river' oh.... shocked i want u to check the real size of dat pond.
#u dont need drugs per se... Drugs shd only be used wen indicated. Maintain good water management, feed well and dnt over stock ur pond and u are good to go wink
Thks bro belexy for this reply I appreciate it well am stocking 1000+ juveniles Thks bro I will be sending u d pics of d latest development hmmmm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bro belexy at what stage should I start feeding them 3mm feed hmmm.ur reply is needed as I start mid December hmmmmmm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
mercylicious:

Plz i need more info on wooden tarpauline pond.
i will google it for the image right away but anyone wit ready info shld plz assist.

Mickyfish builds tarpailine pond.. contact him on 08034626548.

www.agricnetwork.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 11:57am On Dec 28, 2014
robonski15:

www.agricnetwork.com
u can download more pics on agric network . com .d pics is much there.happy last Sunday of d yr bro robonski.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:48am On Dec 29, 2014
Johnnyessence:
u can download more pics on agric network . com .d pics is much there.happy last Sunday of d yr bro robonski.
I greet you boss, you are so on point.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:49am On Dec 29, 2014
Johnnyessence:
Bro belexy at what stage should I start feeding them 3mm feed hmmm.ur reply is needed as I start mid December hmmmmmm.
What size of fish did u stock?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2014
Merry Christmas & a prosperious new year to my fellow fish farmers. 10,000 fries/fingerlings urgently needed in Abuja. Supplier must be located in Abuja or Environs. Contact: 08054621673 . Tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Good day my fellow fish farmers. Its about that time of the year when most of us want to stock fingerlings/Juveniles. My advice for us, is not to fall prey to "Runts" suppliers. Endeavour to stock good seed. Contact us to book for Quality fingerlings/Juveniles. Tnx
Whatsapp: 08069150802.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 4:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
robonski15:

it's almost going to 30-40gram but still want to add another 500 pieces of juveniles.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 4:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
[quote author=robonski15 post=29291512]
[/quote Thks for ur reply bro robonski.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by prof800(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2014
JuveFarms:
Merry Christmas & a prosperious new year to my fellow fish farmers. 10,000 fries/fingerlings urgently needed in Abuja. Supplier must be located in Abuja or Environs. Contact: 08054621673 . Tnx

Abuja... angry

Well I also have fingerlings for sale in Mowe (along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway) undecided

...tested and trusted... no runts... no artificial boosters.

@ 9naira.
+ Overages added for all buyers @50/thousand.

I have Juveniles and jumbos too.

season's greetings.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by smartearn(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2014
robonski15:

www.agricnetwork.com

long time mr Robonski u just forget ur student here .How is life over there ,hope to hear from you .

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 30, 2014
prof800:

Abuja... angry

Well I also have fingerlings for sale in Mowe (along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway) undecided

...tested and trusted... no runts... no artificial boosters.

@ 9naira.
+ Overages added for all buyers @50/thousand.

I have Juveniles and jumbos too.

season's greetings.
@prof800, call me
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kniceport1: 9:21pm On Dec 30, 2014
Good day all,compliment of the season.please after washing these chemical tanks,what is the next step to prepare ready to be used for hatching and stocking of catfish.i will really appreciate your guide and advice

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fhemmmy: 9:22pm On Dec 30, 2014
^^^ I would like to know how many table size fish those could handle . . . . Also, the guard was done by a welder?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Johnnyessence(m): 7:02am On Dec 31, 2014
kniceport1:
Good day all,compliment of the season.please after washing these chemical tanks,what is the next step to prepare ready to be used for hatching and stocking of catfish.i will really appreciate your guide and advice
well done ooo this is a huge investment I can see huge harvest too in 2015 welldone u can see bro robonski on Agricnetwork.com post this info to d site and u will see d reply more fast juvefarms is there are mickyfish and d creator bro robonski will be of help for u .they will give u d guidelines on how u will Carry it out hmmm.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2014
robonski15:
Merry xmas too sir. Please can I have your number or farm address so as to contact you for inquiry and training. My number is 07030883992, you can call or text me your number if u don't want to drop your number here.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:54pm On Dec 31, 2014
smartearn:

long time mr Robonski u just forget ur student here .How is life over there ,hope to hear from you .
Master greetings to u sir, how will i forget you of all people,hope u are doing just fine. I will get in touch with u.

www.agricnetwork.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.