Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,402 members, 7,843,180 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1501887 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 4:28am On Jul 09, 2013
Please i want to purchase juvenile catfish of about 100 pieces to start fish farming again. I might buy more depending on the quality and price of the fish. My location is in ibadan. Anybody who has should pls contact me on 08121691447 or tintinsnowy89@gmail.com ASAP. Thank you.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:54am On Jul 09, 2013
practicalclass: Please i want to purchase juvenile catfish of about 100 pieces to start fish farming again. I might buy more depending on the quality and price of the fish. My location is in ibadan. Anybody who has should pls contact me on 08121691447 or tintinsnowy89@gmail.com ASAP. Thank you.

Contact mr excelssoir, his location is in ibadan..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 8:53am On Jul 09, 2013
robonski15:

Thank you Robinsku15 for your response. You are a good man.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:59am On Jul 09, 2013
robonski15:

op she already sent a text message,i informed we have 70000 fingerlings at egbeda in ibadan & d mobile one at bodija are on growing(some farms do smoke d sizes in pack of 3),if she needs any meaningful assistance in relation to fishfarming,she can call or post here
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: op she already sent a text message,i informed we have 70000 fingerlings at egbeda in ibadan & d mobile one at bodija are on growing(some farms do smoke d sizes in pack of 3),if she needs any meaningful assistance in relation to fishfarming,she can call or post here

U can supply her the fingerlings and give her any necessary assistance she needs...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:33am On Jul 09, 2013
robonski15:

U can supply her the fingerlings and give her any necessary assistance she needs...

other necessary assistance can be given,but to supply that quantity of fingerlings isnt economical value because egbeda LGA in ibadan is after former toll gate towards ife,either to drive down to d farm or ask it to be brought to town(i stay in bodija),transport cost would have made it to be deficit(except am charging beyond what is obtainable,which i dont do)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: other necessary assistance can be given,but to supply that quantity of fingerlings isnt economical value because egbeda LGA in ibadan is after former toll gate towards ife,either to drive down to d farm or ask it to be brought to town(i stay in bodija),transport cost would have made it to be deficit(except am charging beyond what is obtainable,which i dont do)

I suggest both of you should agree
On the transport fee.. Its better for her to buy a good fish from a good source..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NaijaSklConnect: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
whatever business it is you want to do, having a mobile money account will sure aid in its growth. Especially because Naija is going cashless and we must embrace it.Send[REG fullname&003106]to 20220 for MTN&Airtel& Etisalat. Glo send to 31030. Your business will grow
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
i hav a fish pond to rent at igando lagos-can rear hundred of thousands if fingerlings or at least 1500 fishes to growout.advantage- in a fenced compound,water constant water source,concrete ponds,already with installed water pump,just 60K per annual,also a built space u can do yr hatchery(as big as a room & parlor self contain-rentage 60K per annual
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i hav a fish pond to rent at igando lagos-can rear hundred of thousands if fingerlings or at least 1500 fishes to growout.advantage- in a fenced compound,water constant water source,concrete ponds,already with installed water pump,just 60K per annual,also a built space u can do yr hatchery(as big as a room & parlor self contain-rentage 60K per annual

Is there any major repairs to be made on the farm..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
robonski15:

Is there any major repairs to be made on the farm..
no major repair,d pump is used by my tenants,hence they help be a watch when he/she isnt around,any challenge i have known d tenants more than 15Years,for d space,possibly few change of zinc,cant cost 15K,i can instruct my tenants to do d work.even a serious farmer should get his pump & tank for conflict of interest with others
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: no major repair,d pump is used by my tenants,hence they help be a watch when he/she isnt around,any challenge i have known d tenants more than 15Years,for d space,possibly few change of zinc,cant cost 15K,i can instruct my tenants to do d work.even a serious farmer should get his pump & tank for conflict of interest with others

Please I don't know which kind of pump u are talking about and do ur tenents live inside the farm? And the zinc we have to replace is it for the hatchery... Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seundegs: 5:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: i hav a fish pond to rent at igando lagos-can rear hundred of thousands if fingerlings or at least 1500 fishes to growout.advantage- in a fenced compound,water constant water source,concrete ponds,already with installed water pump,just 60K per annual,also a built space u can do yr hatchery(as big as a room & parlor self contain-rentage 60K per annual

That's nice I think you should put up pics and full spec of the land. Thus we can know if we interested or not. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bawelat: 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
robonski15:

Hello, there are different feeds with different prices...There is no 1.8 mm its only 1.5mm.. Coppens 1.5mm is #3200 for 5kg and 2mm sells for #5200..
Zeigler 2mm is #4500, while vital 2mm is #3900..
Note prices varies.

Concerning the average cost of feeding, I usually peg it down to #150 for each fish to maturity... 500 multiply by 150 = #75,000.. So u will need at least75k to take them all the way to maturity..No cut corners..prices can rise over time.. God bless
i want to start this business are you saying #75000 will feed 500 fishes to maturity like hw much should my budjet be if i wamt to start small with 500 fishes i av like 3/4 of a plot i want to use plastic ponds,tanks i am of limited means
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
bawelat: i want to start this business are you saying #75000 will feed 500 fishes to maturity like hw much should my budjet be if i wamt to start small with 500 fishes i av like 3/4 of a plot i want to use plastic ponds,tanks i am of limited means

You will need at most #75,000 to buy the fingerlings or juvenile and to feed them to maturity.. It all depends on your choice of feeding..

You will need two plastic tanks for sorting.. I don't know how much the plastic tanks cost for now, it should be like #20k to #30k it depends on the size you want..

U should budget at most 150k for a start with other expenses like plumbing etc..

More so is there a ready source of water??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by practicalclass: 7:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: other necessary assistance can be given,but to supply that quantity of fingerlings isnt economical value because egbeda LGA in ibadan is after former toll gate towards ife,either to drive down to d farm or ask it to be brought to town(i stay in bodija),transport cost would have made it to be deficit(except am charging beyond what is obtainable,which i dont do)

@excelsiorfarm: thank you so much for the assisstance rendered. i am so grateful.
@robonski15: thanks. got in touch with excelsoir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
practicalclass:

@excelsiorfarm: thank you so much for the assisstance rendered. i am so grateful.

That's good to know.. God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
practicalclass:

sister thank GOD
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
seundegs:

That's nice I think you should put up pics and full spec of the land. Thus we can know if we interested or not. Thanks
am renting my ponds, not land, so I don't know what that specification will do for u. since pics will only say less, go to Alamu Olaleye street, behind rosellas amusement park, igando- isheri, ask for alamu house and say the landlord by the Grace of GOD,asked you to check his pond.MY NUMBERS 08035335647,08055613682 AND 08028919405.Alamu Solomon- LinkedIn and Facebook

IMPORTANT UPDATE:- I don't use glo or Airtel lines again. Neither do I have access to either numbers. Just to prevent anyone calling those numbers, since I am only using 08035335647 for years now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
robonski15:

Please I don't know which kind of pump u are talking about and do ur tenents live inside the farm? And the zinc we have to replace is it for the hatchery... Thanks
Talking of my pumping machine, zinc is at the place of hatchery, it is where I started over 7 years ago, it is residential
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: Talking of my pumping machine, zinc is at the place of hatchery, it is where I started over 7 years ago, it is residential

I think One has to be there to inspect for themselves.. Lastly you said we need to buy a seperate pumping machine for the farm, my question is can two pumping machine be in the same well Or are u talking of borehole... Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seundegs: 11:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
excelsiorfarm: am renting my ponds, not land, so I don't know what that specification will do for u. since pics will only say less, go to Alamu Olaleye street, behind rosellas amusement park, igando- isheri, ask for alamu house and say the landlord by the Grace of GOD,asked you to check his pond.MY NUMBERS 08035335647,08055613682 AND 08028919405.Alamu Solomon- LinkedIn and facebk

Okay, well I meant the dimensions. But with all honestly I think we all would Appreciate you putting up some pictures. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote
author=robonski15]

I think One has to be there to inspect for themselves.. Lastly you said
we need to buy a seperate pumping machine for the farm, my question is
can two pumping machine be in the same well Or are u talking of
borehole... Thanks [/quote]ask a sound engineer or knowledgeable plumber,he will tell u a well can have 4 pumps,if the well has d water
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote
author=seundegs]

Okay, well I meant the dimensions. But with all honestly I think we all
would Appreciate you putting up some pictures. Thanks[/quote]a serious minded person that needs it will go and confirm;am in ibadan and i dont intend to put any pic,it is a choice to verify and decide
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
lets move on and share things that can assist aspiring fishfarmers or troubled farmers,God Bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:47am On Jul 10, 2013
op pls i need current prices of fingerlings,post and juveniles in lagos,thanks,if possible lenght in inches
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:09pm On Jul 10, 2013
excelsiorfarm: op pls i need current prices of fingerlings,post and juveniles in lagos,thanks,if possible lenght in inches

Hello mr excelsoir, the current price of fingerlings differs from farm to farm buy most sell for #9 and #10.. Post goes for #12 to #15 ..Standard Juveniles goes for #17 to #20 niara... It all depends on the quality of the seed...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by salex66(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
mr robonski how can I acquire knowledge on fish farming?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
salex66: mr robonski how can I acquire knowledge on fish farming?

Our catfish seminar is coming up on the 19th and 20th of this month.. By attending you will acqure knowledge both in theory and practical... Contact me ASAP if interested.. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
robonski15:

Hello mr excelsoir, the current price of fingerlings differs from farm to farm buy most sell for #9 and #10.. Post goes for #12 to #15 ..Standard Juveniles goes for #17 to #20 niara... It all depends on the quality of the seed...
thanks,someone i met in d biz was giving me impossible offer,that currently lagos prices has dropped greatly
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
excelsiorfarm: thanks,someone i met in d biz was giving me impossible offer,that currently lagos prices has dropped greatly

How much are their prices at ibadan..

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Pimples(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.