Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494548 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:56pm On Apr 26, 2013
dapix: Hw does the melange look like? and whats the market like for them?

Like I said earlier on melange is catfish don't get it twisted.. Its just that at every stage in catfish life has a name.. So at the stage of 300gramms to 500 gramms it is called melange from 600 to 1kg is calles table size..

I have talked about the market already.. Thanks

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dapix: 4:16pm On Apr 26, 2013
i am interested in hatching programme, kindly forward the information to me dapour03@yahoo.com.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:36pm On Apr 26, 2013
dapix: i am interested in hatching programme, kindly forward the information to me dapour03@yahoo.com.

I have sent u a mail..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Hennyboy(m): 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2013
GROWING & GOING FROM SMALL TIME BUSINESS PERSON TO BECOME A MAJOR COMPETITION IN ANY INDUSTRY YOU PLAY IN. WATCH THIS SHOUT VIDEO AND DRAW A POWERFUL CLUE FROM IT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmCltATrKJM
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:41pm On Apr 27, 2013
At my farm with a nairalander..

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yetown(m): 1:58am On Apr 28, 2013
robonski15: MARKETING

Melange has the most market of all the fish venture.. I have over ten buyers who buys all the fish at once and pay cash,No matter how many fish u have.. There is a very steady market at liverpool apapa, amukoro etc here in lagos..

Infact sometimes they call me for contacts and I get my own cut out of it wink...
hi rebas farm, pls i will like you to give me the contact of the melange catfish buyers,thanks my mail akinyelu.adeniyi@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bily(m): 7:57pm On Apr 28, 2013
how do catfish farmers deal with lack of good drainage channel in a particular farm area? i have heard of digging a kind of well and using it as a drainage pit. how effective is this considering the volume of water required in catfish farming?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shanda(m): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2013
@robonski

can u help with a breakdown of the cost of constructing a concrete fish pond.

thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:16am On Apr 29, 2013
bily: how do catfish farmers deal with lack of good drainage channel in a particular farm area? i have heard of digging a kind of well and using it as a drainage pit. how effective is this considering the volume of water required in catfish farming?

You have to consider the type of area the farm is located.. Is it a swampy area? If it is,then digging a well will not be a good idea because of the water level,u must find another means of disposal.. But if its not a swampy area then digging a well will be suitable..

This is one major problem in fish farming.. One have to put into consideration the outflow of the water before anytin else..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:26am On Apr 29, 2013
shanda: @robonski

can u help with a breakdown of the cost of constructing a concrete fish pond.

thanks

For a 10 by 10 standard concrete pond:
168 blocks 150 = #25,200
Sand: half trip 1/2 tipper=#8000
Gravel: 7 wheel barrows = #20,000
Cement: 8 bags of cement = #16,000
Workmanship: 1 bricklayer and helper for three days: = #20,000
#89,200

But if you are buliding more than one pond the prize will definately reduce by 15%.. And pices of raw material differ from state to state.. Thanks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by shanda(m): 10:05am On Apr 29, 2013
How many of it can I build on a half plot of land ? I really want to plan towards it.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2013
shanda: How many of it can I build on a half plot of land ? I really want to plan towards it.

u can build eight of it, then remaining space will be used for your enclosed hatchery,water tanks etc..

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:20am On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lawmann: 5:26pm On Apr 29, 2013
Sir,dat 10by 10 concret pond like how many fishes would it contain.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 7:56pm On Apr 29, 2013
Lawmann: Sir,dat 10by 10 concret pond like how many fishes would it contain.

It will contain a maximum of 1000 fishes to maturity..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by diran18: 9:19pm On Apr 29, 2013
pls i will like to know d cost of ur production per 1 for melange and table size. thank a lot

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:03pm On Apr 29, 2013
diran18: pls i will like to know d cost of ur production per 1 for melange and table size. thank a lot

It depends on your feeding pattern and the type of feed you give to them..You will need #30-#40 to produce 1 melange and #120-#150 to produce 1 table size..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by zogo(m): 10:12pm On Apr 29, 2013
The potentials of Snail farming business & its yearly profit cannot be understimated,

many would hv taken advantage of this oportunity but lack the technical knowledge of the business, hence increasing profit earnings for the very few in the business.

We hv taken a giant stride to expose the secrets of Heliculture for those who are intrested only. Now You hv the oportunity to leverage on our experience & expertise in the business.

Click on my signature to grab this revolution.

I will see u @ the top!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by diran18: 10:28pm On Apr 29, 2013
thanks. but will they av a rapid growth wen u start ur feeding using vital 2mm.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:38pm On Apr 29, 2013
diran18: thanks. but will they av a rapid growth wen u start ur feeding using vital 2mm.

Yes ofcourse they will definately..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yetown(m): 12:13am On Apr 30, 2013
@robonski15, am still waiting for ur mail.thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:16am On Apr 30, 2013
yetown: @robonski15, am still waiting for ur mail.thank you

I have sent you a mail..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:58pm On May 01, 2013
Its just 14 days to the practical training.. Thanks for all your response.. Preparations has commenced already to give you the best training.. God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:06pm On May 01, 2013
WATCH OUT FOR MY NEXT POST ON "CATFISH SMOKING AND ITS PROFITABILITY"

It entails a lot but u will always smile to the bank...God bless
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aquatic1(m): 8:20am On May 02, 2013
For the month of may stocking

Hello catfish farmers or intending farmers, our fingerlings and juvenile over 50,000pcs is available for sale for the month of may stocking at a very reasonable prices, fingerlings ranging from 3gram to 4gram, and average length of 3cm to 4cm and juvenile ranging from 5grams and average length of 5cm to 7cm. The fish are produce from a broodstock weighing (male 1.7kg) and female ( 2.2kg), they are produce in a quiet hatchery and they are feed well to meet a good standard, they are healthy and fast growing fish. You can make a booking with us now.

Home delivery is available within or outside lagos.
Large quantity attract a discount

For more information, call 08053018934 or 07089391123. Or send an email to araratnigeria@gmail.com. You can also check our information blog www.araratnigeria..com or website www.araratnigeria.gnbo.com.ng, or ping us 25F845B8.
Or visit oloruntoba estate ilepa, by sango otta ogun state.

A trial will convince you.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2013
robonski15: WATCH OUT FOR MY NEXT POST ON "CATFISH SMOKING AND ITS PROFITABILITY"

It entails a lot but u will always smile to the bank...God bless
pls how do you make your smoked fish last for weeks?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by miqos02(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2013
miqos02:
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Manweysabi(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2013
it's like the SPAM BOT has BANNED robonski15 angry angry... pls open an extra handle and continue your good works.... maybe with robonski16 or so grin grin
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2013
Hey everyone, I got banned for some days now... I don't really know why I was banned, but I am back and better.. cool
A big Thanks to all those that sent me mails.. God bless..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:16pm On May 06, 2013
CATFISH SMOKING

When catfish is smoked, it is preserved and doesn't get spoilt easily, and it combines three effect I.e

1. The smoke that is produced from the wood that is being burnt contains a large number of compound, and some of them kill bacteria e.g, phenols..

2. Drying: the fire which produces the smoke also generate heat and this inturn will dry the fish..

3. Cooking: when catfish are smoked at a high temperature the flesh will be cooked and it will destroy the enzyme and kill the bacteria..

FLOW CHART

1.MATURE CATFISH

2.STUNNING (using salt)

3.DEGUTTING

4.CLEANING (removal of slime)

5.FOLDING INTO O-SHAPE

6.PUT FOLDED FISH INTO OVEN(smoke for six hours)

7.REMOVE FISH FROM OVEN AND ALLOW TO COOL.

8.STORE IN AIR-TIGHT PACKAGE

To be continued

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:22pm On May 06, 2013
miqos02:

You hot smoke the fish.. When the fish is smoked until dried, the shelf life is generally longer.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.