Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,745 members, 7,844,449 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (320) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1502340 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 5:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
please where can i get soy bean cake and groundnut cake in calabar
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sagac10us: 7:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
donnaheff:
please where can i get soy bean cake and groundnut cake

how many tonnes do u need
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 8:47pm On Jul 23, 2016
sagac10us:

a ton
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MAAF: 10:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
I can give you what you could stock, but the question will be how reliable is the juvenile or parent stock that will guarantee that target weight?

I understand, assuming everything being equal what number should I stock successfully for optimum growth.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
MAAF:

I understand, assuming everything being equal what number should I stock successfully for optimum growth.
that pond,if 4 feet deep will take 5500-6000 conveniently, but stock 4000,since your target isnt 1kg. In fishfarming,likewise other animal production,you dont assume everything is stable, it is the foundational imput & planning that sets the direction where the ship is heading to & the management would determine if it will happen.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amb2015(m): 5:46am On Jul 24, 2016
please house I noticed whitish colour on the head of some of my fish(7 weeks old) , please what could that be and how do I handle it
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 8:15am On Jul 24, 2016
Happy Sunday to all NL.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MAAF: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2016
JuveFarms:
Happy Sunday to all NL.

What is the average weight of your fishes and how many months old are they.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MAAF: 10:16am On Jul 24, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
that pond,if 4 feet deep will take 5500-6000 conveniently, but stock 4000,since your target isnt 1kg. In fishfarming,likewise other animal production,you dont assume everything is stable, it is the foundational imput & planning that sets the direction where the ship is heading to & the management would determine if it will happen.

I personally think 4000 is too overcrowded. Like I said in my first post I want to raise the fish to be approximately 1.5kg in 4 months what appropriate number do I stock to achieve this. I already have an optimum management feasibility plan I just need stocking density to proceed.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pumppie: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2016
MAAF:

I personally think 4000 is too overcrowded. Like I said in my first post I want to raise the fish to be approximately 1.5kg in 4 months what appropriate number do I stock to achieve this. I already have an optimum management feasibility plan I just need stocking density to proceed.
with that pond dimension, between 1600 and 2000 will be fine. regards
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by MAAF: 11:05am On Jul 24, 2016
pumppie:
with that pond dimension, between 1600 and 2000 will be fine. regards

It's sounds very reasonable. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
MAAF:

Go with your mind. That is what i would do & personally raise my juvenile & still arrive at that target.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by amb2015(m): 2:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
robonski15:

How is your water management like? its not all about drugs sometimes common salt can do the magic.. change their water to two feet add a handful of salt, and fill back up in like two hours..

pls sir, the salt you are talking of , is it this normal salt we use for cooking?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
amb2015:
pls sir, the salt you are talking of , is it this normal salt we use for cooking?

Normal Salt
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by GOLDLOVER: 6:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
robonski15:

Normal Salt
could you plz state the quantity of salt in grams
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by osashilton: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Two ponds each measuring 20x6x4 ft. How many fishes can I stock in each pond? Considering the fact that the ponds are shaded from direct sunlight

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 11:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
abefeglobal:

Yes he is recommended got mine yesterday in Osogbo .the former broodstock i got from him the fries are really doing great .they are 1 week plus now ....Thanks to Chilanframs for all the support .
# smiles thanks for ur patronages. Big Up to all our clients Chilanfarms appreciate ur trust in us.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aoladayo(m): 12:24am On Jul 25, 2016
Hello house, here is update on my start up farm as promised when I started with a lot of help and guide from all.... My fishes are between 300g/500g (30/35cm length) though still some lots of small ones with 150/200g sizes.
10weeks old (bought at 7weeks)
Total feed so far =10bags(floating feed)
Comments pls, advices and guides

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 25, 2016
JuveFarms:
Happy Sunday to all NL.
Congrats on the sales. Are you the same juvefarm that posted sometime at Festola feedmill? How much did u sell per kg and whats the average weight.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pumppie: 3:54pm On Jul 25, 2016
aoladayo:
Hello house, here is update on my start up farm as promised when I started with a lot of help and guide from all.... My fishes are between 300g/500g (30/35cm length) though still some lots of small ones with 150/200g sizes.
10weeks old (bought at 7weeks)
Total feed so far =10bags(floating feed)
Comments pls, advices and guides
nice one. I guess its another lesson that u can achieve between average of 300g- 500g in two months. However , which of d floating feeds did u use? And as for d smaller once, sort them into a separate pond, get livstovit and aqua pro, mix with their feed, and feed dem with it. What is ur target size? Note that not all ur fishes will grow to d same size . regards
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Etranshub(m): 4:05pm On Jul 25, 2016
100kg smoking kiln
Stainless interior (mirror)
Dual power gas and charcoal
Temperature gauge
Oil and moisture collector
Trolley with independent racks

Checking out the testing running and finishing touch video on the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qz_mUhXtrI

For more info contact bethsaidal farms and agro allied. Contact person is Michael on 08167488947, 08112756626

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aoladayo(m): 4:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
I have sorted them from when they were small and not growing but they started responding positively till now that they re 150g
As par feed
I started with vital feed 2mm (¹/2 bag)
Then Coppens 3mm (2bag)
Topfeed so far since for then (8bags)

I almost got stranded in getting food sometimes earlier so I bought 2kg aller aqua to feed till I bought the feed back.

pumppie:
nice one. I guess its another lesson that u can achieve between average of 300g- 500g in two months. However , which of d floating feeds did u use? And as for d smaller once, sort them into a separate pond, get livstovit and aqua pro, mix with their feed, and feed dem with it. What is ur target size? Note that not all ur fishes will grow to d same size . regards
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stancod(m): 7:25pm On Jul 25, 2016
robonski15:
@lansha 2006 u have visit their website and call them to get the course and duration..
bros pls what is their website
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pumppie: 11:47pm On Jul 25, 2016
aoladayo:
I have sorted them from when they were small and not growing but they started responding positively till now that they re 150g
As par feed
I started with vital feed 2mm (¹/2 bag)
Then Coppens 3mm (2bag)
Topfeed so far since for then (8bags)

I almost got stranded in getting food sometimes earlier so I bought 2kg aller aqua to feed till I bought the feed back.

to be honest and with due respect to vital and top feed, what u have achieved so far is mainly due to d coppens and ala aqua u used at some stage. I prefer u use vital or top when finishing and not at an early stage. For those ones nor performing, continue with alla aqua for dem and observe d change. Regards
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 5:27am On Jul 26, 2016
sagac10us:

still awaiting ur response
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sagac10us: 7:33am On Jul 26, 2016
donnaheff:
a ton

call 08137138189
let's discuss
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wilbro: 12:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
Please, what is the current price per kg of the following ingredient.

Fish meal (Danish)
Soya meal (Toasted, dehulled)
Groundnut cake meal
Sorghum (guinea corn)
Wheat bran
Corn (Yellow)
Sesame meal

Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fxyoube(m): 1:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
fxyoube:
Hello house
Firstly I will like to appreciate everyone who has contributed to these great trend.
Please am in need of a business plan on fish farming, will be so glad if I can have one. Thanks
Fxyoube@yahoo.com

Please house
Am still in need of the business plan, I need to submit it next week. Thanks in-advance
Fxyoube@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yomiknows: 2:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi All - I was at abbatoir Agege to source for fish feed ingredients... I had a little challenge determining the weight of the blood meal on sale . The blood meal(wet) is sold using the big paint bucket. even the guys milling don't know the weight of the bucket

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten on the qty to use per 1000kg of feed using the bucket as reference

@ Pumpie - will appreciate your advice pls
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yomiknows: 2:19pm On Jul 26, 2016
Hi House,

I have a little concern with my stock. They don't hussle/rush for feed like they used to. They respond to feed as if they almost satiated, the heads hardly visible outside the water.

I noticed this change in behaviour after a heavy downpour .....

Does anyone know what could be the issue
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by pumppie: 4:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
yomiknows:
Hi All - I was at abbatoir Agege to source for fish feed ingredients... I had a little challenge determining the weight of the blood meal on sale . The blood meal(wet) is sold using the big paint bucket. even the guys milling don't know the weight of the bucket

I would appreciate it if someone could enlighten on the qty to use per 1000kg of feed using the bucket as reference

@ Pumpie - will appreciate your advice pls
Hello bro, the feed millers in agege usually prefer the wet blood meal for convenience sake. Except of course you can provide the dry blood meal which is also available at agege as well. However, if you want to use the wet blood meal, you need to include at least 2 bucket/1000kg. if you need the dry blood meal, just go across the road, look beside the estate, you will see a place where goats and rams are being sold, walk down the road and you will see blood meal been processed from wet to dry. The name of the dealer is mr lawal if I’m not mistaken. For 1000kg feed, the recommended inclusion of blood meal is between 5% -6%. It cost between 100/kg to 120/kg. I hope this helps? Regards.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (317) (318) (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.