Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,590 members, 7,827,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (323) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1497324 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Greatxter(f): 4:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
pls house what size of concrete pond can I use for 2000 and 5000 juveniles till table sizel
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 4:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
Greatxter:
pls house what size of concrete pond can I use for 2000 and 5000 juveniles till table sizel

For 2000 juveniles 17ft by 17 depth of 4 feet, for 5000 juveniles 27ft by 27ft with depth of 4 feet.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by somafol: 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2016
Hello farmers. Please which catfish breed is the best to stock?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:54pm On Aug 02, 2016
somafol:
Hello farmers. Please which catfish breed is the best to stock?

To me i still prefer Clarias cos of their ruggedity

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by fishbone11(m): 7:04pm On Aug 02, 2016
HELLO DISTINGUISH FARMERS,
I AM NEW HERE AND I RESIDE IN LAGOS. PLS I WANT TO START A CATFISH HATCHERY FARMING AND FIRSTLY I AM LOOKING FOR A FARM THAT IS INTO CATFISH HATCHERY (FINGERLINGS PRODUCTIONS ) THAT I CAN COME FOR TRAINING BEFORE EMBARKING ON THE BUSINESS. CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND ANY GOOD FARM FOR ME SO I CAN SPEND TIME LEARNING EVERYTHING ABOUT CATFISH HATCHERY FARMING? YOUR COMMENTS WILL HELP ME IN A LONG WAY.THIS IS MY WHATSAPP NO:08057595946. EMAIL:OSAYING@YAHOO.COM THANKS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 8:01pm On Aug 02, 2016
donnaheff:
please what is the crude protein content of crayfish dust
please i am still awaiting answers
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stancod(m): 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2016
robonski15:
FEEDING YOUR FISH

You know feeding takes 70% of the total cost and there are no cut corners in feeding your fish..I tell farmers that "What you give to them that's what they will become" and that's a fact.. I have seen farmers that give their fishes Eba and the likes for them to gain weight, and its no surprise to me when they sell at a loss..

As long as you have right fish (like shooteers) and u sort and don't over stock my brother you can go ahead and feed them very well.. Let me tell u one deep truth when u stock the right fish(shooters) they can even eat less and yet grow bigger..

Now there are all sort of feeds available in the market from coppens,durante,multifeed,zeigler,aqua feed, ranan,vital feed etc.. When I started back then I was using coppens and there was a time I even bought a fake of it (coppens) but for some time now I have been using zeigler and I must say that I prefer zeigler to coppens.. I know most farmers will be raising eyebrow now but that's a pure fact.. Infact I had a client that sells vale viva feed back then the company did an experiment of coppens, zeigler,multi feed and durante, she told me that ziegler came out top,but I wasn't suprised because I had done my own finding too.. I find zeigler to be the best feed after using it.

bros is there zeigler feed for frys(a day - 2weeks old)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by uleh08(m): 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2016
Good evening farmers pls I need to know this. Do tilapia fish hash in block ponds ?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stancod(m): 10:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
robonski15:

My farm is in lagos.. And I sold 450 per kg that was some time back,but now its 480 here in lagos.. Thanks
bros hw much u sell brood stock for hatching nd which part lagos u dey. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wisefizz(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
Good evening... Please I need Broodstock inn osogbo..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:06pm On Aug 02, 2016
uleh08:
Good evening farmers pls I need to know this. Do tilapia fish hash in block ponds ?
if of production age or matured enough & the environment is okay or good to them, they will produce.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:55pm On Aug 03, 2016
stancod:
bros is there zeigler feed for frys(a day - 2weeks old)
Bro I doubt they have.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:58pm On Aug 03, 2016
stancod:
I dont sell broodstock, I dey alagbado area
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by efe2016(m): 10:08am On Aug 04, 2016
excelsiorfarm:
GIVE ALL GLORY TO GOD SIR. Thank God for the opportunity.For the prayers AMEN IN JESUS NAME. Regards

goodmorning my oga@excelsiorfarm,how id school,want to ask if i can improvise spawning and hatching in a bathtub that is bathroom bathtub,i m currently very rich n cant afford buying plastic tank now,i saw d metal bathtub in one of my church member compound,so i said let me ask u and d house if its possible,will d temperatue have effect on it ?thanks my ogas @ d top
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 10:51am On Aug 04, 2016
efe2016:

goodmorning my oga@excelsiorfarm,how id school,want to ask if i can improvise spawning and hatching in a bathtub that is bathroom bathtub,i m currently very rich n cant afford buying plastic tank now,i saw d metal bathtub in one of my church member compound,so i said let me ask u and d house if its possible,will d temperatue have effect on it ?thanks my ogas @ d top
Thank God, school is great & we are getting ahead sir. You can do your hatching/spawning in WHATEVER can hold water,provided it does not release harmful chemical or toxic into the water & provided it allows you to see the hatchlings(Visible). Yes you can sir. NOTE- You have to organize your system in a way that it would allow inlet & outlet for water. Also you should prepare your mind that the place or space wont be enough to raise them to juvenile or fingerlings(especially when you have a good hatching result). Also for possible faster growth. We use them,with the intent to get greater space.

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by efe2016(m): 1:49pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thanks sir,i knew i can always count on u.God bless sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2016
efe2016:
Thanks sir,i knew i can always count on u.God bless sir
Amen sir. Lets always count on God, He Never fails.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Greatxter(f): 10:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
@ Robonski thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by eudoh940(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2016
Pls house.. Good mng @ Robonski sir, Pls how much will it cost to raise 1200 post fingerlings in an earthen pond in terms of feeding in dis present economic situation... Nw wey dollar na #400... Tnks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 7:18pm On Aug 05, 2016
donnaheff:
please i am still awaiting answers
Crayfish protein content ranges from about 84% - 88%. But can you afford its cost?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Saintee2009(m): 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
Greetings to you all. Please i would like know what feed is best to start with for fingerlings/juveniles that is cost effective in this economy plus their current weight and price. I mean 25kg/7000niara blah blah blah.
Thank you as i await response.
Also, I'd like if anyone can direct me to where i can get reliable fingerlings in Ibadan.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2016
Saintee2009:
Greetings to you all. Please i would like know what feed is best to start with for fingerlings/juveniles that is cost effective in this economy plus their current weight and price. I mean 25kg/7000niara blah blah blah.
Thank you as i await response.
Also, I'd like if anyone can direct me to where i can get reliable fingerlings in Ibadan.
Zeigler fish feed is better than any other as robonski15 has said. But due to its scarcity in Ibadan. I advice that you buy Skretting fish feed.
You may connect Pastor Niyi Adenikinju (08052011955, 08063351602). Tell him to supply you 'good' fingerlings/juveniles. I may give you a feed seller no. for current feed price later.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
eudoh940:
Pls house.. Good mng @ Robonski sir, Pls how much will it cost to raise 1200 post fingerlings in an earthen pond in terms of feeding in dis present economic situation... Nw wey dollar na #400... Tnks

With the increase of feed price daily it will cost between #300k to 350k,, i will harvest soonest so i can also give a detailed cost analysis of how much i spent on feeding..

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Saintee2009(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2016
rhef:

Zeigler fish feed is better than any other as robonski15 has said. But due to its scarcity in Ibadan. I advice that you buy Skretting fish feed.
You may connect Pastor Niyi Adenikinju (08052011955, 08063351602). Tell him to supply you 'good' fingerlings/juveniles. I may give you a feed seller no. for current feed price later.
Thank you sir for the timely response.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:39am On Aug 06, 2016
rhef:

The Red bolded made me smile.. Nice one bro
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rhef(m): 5:58am On Aug 06, 2016
robonski15:

The Red bolded made me smile.. Nice one bro
I think it's good to make references whenever need arises. I've gained many things from you. Am glad!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by donnaheff: 7:32am On Aug 06, 2016
rhef:

Crayfish protein content ranges from about 84% - 88%. But can you afford its cost?
tnx
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KCoker(m): 9:52pm On Aug 06, 2016
stancod:

Hello Stancod.

I do have some broodstocks for sale. Below are my contact details and details of my broodstocks.

DETAILS AS AT 12/5/16.
Weight - 4-6kg
Age - 1.5-2yrs+
Price - N1500/Kg
Location- Agege
Phone- 08105345966

Pictures are on d link below.

www.nairaland.com/3101400/catfish-4-6kg-broodstocks-sale
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:53am On Aug 07, 2016
rhef:

I think it's good to make references whenever need arises. I've gained many things from you. Am glad!
smiley
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by seyidxb: 11:04am On Aug 07, 2016
this is the best thread ever, i am new here and i have taken time to read from 2013 shocked , i must confess, kudos to everyone..... #fantastic smiley

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
I was discussing with a fish farmer the other day, he told me DT he is waiting for a batch of his fingerlings to grow a little n he will use them as fish meal for his feed. Is this common practice?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 07, 2016
seyidxb:
this is the best thread ever, i am new here and i have taken time to read from 2013 shocked , i must confess, kudos to everyone..... #fantastic smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) ... (523) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.