Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,212 members, 7,818,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1494828 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 4:53pm On Sep 08, 2017
Pls Omo oshodi can you give me contact if those re commend one that sell original danish fish meal called some one he said he has 999 but I am afraid of buying fake pls help me out recommend ones
OmoOshodi:
Iya ayi... Go and buy fish meal joor..... Aku aseku odun o... grin

On a serious note it will never serve the purpose of the original Danish fish meal.. But you can add it to ur fish feed wink
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 4:54pm On Sep 08, 2017
Pls can any one recommend where I can get yoyo in tonnes and if possible with the price
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aroyKnowles(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2017
Hi to everyone, fellow and prospective fish farmers
Truly catfish business can be a very lucrative one. but only when you get the fundamentals right. The kind of fish you stock are as important as any other factors in fish farming. when you get your fingerlings from a poor source, you might experience challenges like the fish not growing as fast as they should, some start dying (mortality) immediately they are stocked. this causes wreckage to ones investment.
So that's why we at Aroyfarms have made it our goal and sole aim to breed the healthiest and the most active growing fingerlings and juveniles to make your investment worthwhile.
For your quality fingerlings, post and juvenile.
Call Aroyewun Ayoola S
08136096946, 08171814006
Aroyfarms
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by AiNoowFish: 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2017
Dank1u:
Gurus in this lovely thread, @ Robonski15, please where can I get Artemia at best price in Lagos, intend selling in quantity. Thanks

Ocean Nutrition brand shellfree will hit the market soon!

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 10:59pm On Sep 08, 2017
james87871:
Pls Omo oshodi can you give me contact if those re commend one that sell original danish fish meal called some one he said he has 999 but I am afraid of buying fake pls help me out recommend ones
bros I no go lie you ... Adulterated Danish F/meal plenty for market o.... Our people don dey travel abroad to package am enter country .... Taking advantage of our weak SON ... Can't recommend sorry cry

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:16pm On Sep 08, 2017
AiNoowFish:

Ocean Nutrition brand shellfree will hit the market soon!

Do you know how much it might be selling for..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 11:27pm On Sep 08, 2017
OmoOshodi:
It's very easy to make enemies ... FarmTech and the other person

If nobody here talks about my banning I will never proffer solutions here again I will just come and read just like other pro. Does
just a Ban, better continue the good work. It makes no difference as long as you surmounted such trivial thing.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 11:40pm On Sep 08, 2017
wink
excelsiorfarm:
just a Ban, better continue the good work. It makes no difference as long as you surmounted such trivial thing.
Boss don talk.... Tualee sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 11:43pm On Sep 08, 2017
My brothers and sisters.... If you are calling yourself a fish farmer at any level and you are not keeping a comprehensive record.... You are a Father Christmas. We are all still learning if by chance you are here and you don't have farm records or you don't even no what to keep.... Just quote me so that I will no I'm communicating with someone when I proffer the solution.
Note:don't mind my grammar fishes don't speak

7 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 7:17am On Sep 09, 2017
thanks I wish I see where to get yoyo in tonnes to replace it .but I am using poultry meal for now with feather meal and the fish are really responding
OmoOshodi:
bros I no go lie you ... Adulterated Danish F/meal plenty for market o.... Our people don dey travel abroad to package am enter country .... Taking advantage of our weak SON ... Can't recommend sorry cry

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by uyijob: 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2017
james87871:
thanks I wish I see where to get yoyo in tonnes to replace it .but I am using poultry meal for now with feather meal and the fish are really responding

@ James87871. Do you mean poultry birds feed?
Can you please throw more light on the poultry meal and feather meal and result after use.
Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Eumaca: 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2017
A fish buyer told me that the reason for drop in fish price is because of those people that use fattener. They sell cheaper than normal. I want to ask how the farmers can deal with this situation. Here in Portharcourt. I heard they come all the way from south west with big and cheap fish. We are running at a loss here ooo

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2017
OmoOshodi:
wink Boss don talk.... Tualee sir
I salute Sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by james87871: 6:58am On Sep 10, 2017
Poultry birds feed is quietly differ from poultry meal and feather meal the result is okay i use the poultry meal in high percentage. For example 35%poultry meal and 5 % feather meal and some times 30% poultry meal and 10 % feather meal though I start after 2 and half to 3 month .since I don't see trusted 72 % fish meal and yoyo is very scarce to see
uyijob:

@ James87871. Do you mean poultry birds feed?
Can you please throw more light on the poultry meal and feather meal and result after use.
Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2017
Good day all and happy sunday....it still baffles me when people thinks farming is not profitable....I said repeatedly that Nigeria population is more of a blessing than a curse.....
Nigeria is indeed a big market, going round sunday market today in ogba agege, Lagos...it was amazing seeing the Asian dominating the market....where are Nigerians....?
I posted on all my group requesting for anyone with melange.....���no one so far....it simply implies we are all out of stock (demand) or we are just online farmers....���

3 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:
My brothers and sisters.... If you are calling yourself a fish farmer at any level and you are not keeping a comprehensive record.... You are a Father Christmas. We are all still learning if by chance you are here and you don't have farm records or you don't even know what to keep.... Just quote me so that I will no I'm communicating with someone when I proffer the solution.
modified
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:
modified

What kind or records and methods to keeping the records
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abuzay2r(m): 3:34pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:
My brothers and sisters.... If you are calling yourself a fish farmer at any level and you are not keeping a comprehensive record.... You are a Father Christmas. We are all still learning if by chance you are here and you don't have farm records or you don't even no what to keep.... Just quote me so that I will no I'm communicating with someone when I proffer the solution.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abuzay2r(m): 3:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:

It beats me why sales price of fish has stubbornly refused to respond to market forces viz production costs esp. We're presently in our second experimental season of fish production & available records stipulates not selling below 800/kg for fish raised entirely on formulated feeds (local & foreign). Meanwhile,we're being offered 500-550/Kg for fishes btw 1-over 2kg. Even our 1st production sold in Feb @#730-800.
Now we've like 3tonnes of fish with no ready buyers. D rains have subsided even here in Delta state & still prices hasn't recovered. It's really frustrating
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 5:08pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abuzay2r:

It beats me why sales price of fish has stubbornly refused to respond to market forces viz production costs esp. We're presently in our second experimental season of fish production & available records stipulates not selling below 800/kg for fish raised entirely on formulated feeds (local & foreign). Meanwhile,we're being offered 500-550/Kg for fishes btw 1-over 2kg. Even our 1st production sold in Feb @#730-800.
Now we've like 3tonnes of fish with no ready buyers. D rains have subsided even here in Delta state & still prices hasn't recovered. It's really frustrating
why not think of processing branding and packaging .... This may make you more fulfilled. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2017
What Record to keep
-sales records(receipt or not)
- purchases record e.g Feeds(things u buy in bulks)
- daily expenses record eg fuel,drugs,maintenance,transport etc.
-profit and loss account(monthly things)
-salary/wages book( place ur self on salary if u re yet to do that ) Dnt come here to tell me u re making profit when u re yet to do the above. It will also guide you to ur success
Never say it's still a little biz.. Those big business you are looking to today started with this kind of laid down structures
More to come

4 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abuzay2r(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:
why not think of processing branding and packaging .... This may make you more fulfilled. Cheers

Thanks bro. We're still @learning phase & also just doing this on part-time basis for now. Hopefully, with time & more experiences we'd graduate to that level.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2017
Abuzay2r:

Thanks bro. We're still @learning phase & also just doing this on part-time basis for now. Hopefully, with time & more experiences we'd graduate to that level.
if you want to make profit and still keep health intact.... Don't go for 100%oven dry..... Construct local stove(aro) with mud and get mesh to place on top it... After drying with fire wood then you can now move to the oven for perfection.... With that your mind will be at rest ... Don't allow any buyers to dictate how you sell your fish for you. If you don't have oven complete it on the local stove and smile to the bank

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Abuzay2r(m): 8:35pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:
if you want to make profit and still keep health intact.... Don't go for 100%oven dry..... Construct local stove(aro) with mud and get mesh to place on top it... After drying with fire wood then you can now move to the oven for perfection.... With that your mind will be at rest ... Don't allow any buyers to dictate how you sell your fish for you. If you don't have oven complete it on the local stove and smile to the bank

Appreciate your kind advice bro. Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 8:37pm On Sep 10, 2017
OmoOshodi:
What Record to keep
-sales records(receipt or not)
- purchases record e.g Feeds(things u buy in bulks)
- daily expenses record eg fuel,drugs,maintenance,transport etc.
-profit and loss account(monthly things)
-salary/wages book( place ur self on salary if u re yet to do that ) Dnt come here to tell me u re making profit when u re yet to do the above. It will also guide you to ur success
Never say it's still a little biz.. Those big business you are looking to today started with this kind of laid down structures
More to come

Thank u for d write up..
I Will like to ask a question sir with regards to plant protein;
Duckweed is high in protein and can be given to fishes directly by putting dem in d pond and also dried and grounded into feed
Potato leaves and yoyo (as I learnt today) r also plant protein if am not mistaken, can dey b put into ponds for d fish to eat directly
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Austinekg: 1:01am On Sep 11, 2017
Dear House,
A friend is in need of 15,000 fingerlings. If available at your farm, kindly call this number for inspection and instant purchase. 08060291223.

Regards.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stevo78(m): 1:02am On Sep 11, 2017
OmoOshodi:
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Emmafly(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2017
pics
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wahles(m): 8:24am On Sep 11, 2017
First off, big ups to everyone who has contributed immensely here, especially our ever available tutors. I was asleep now I am awake.
To d point, I came across dz abandoned fish pond, belongs to a man who is outta town bt says I could use it since it's idle. However there are cracks on d walls, it seems to v been poorly fixed, I already called a bricklayer to come check it out nd as assures it can be fixed, I wana ask if anyone here has had such problems in d past and is it quite possible to permanently fix dz cracks. I just wana b double sure. You input would be highly appreciated. Thank u (pictures attached)

Cc robonski15,excelsiorfarm,ttalk,OmoOshodi. (

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deeone4real: 3:29pm On Sep 11, 2017
We have quality well graded fingerlings, Post Fingerlings and Juveniles for sale at Melange Integrated Farms, ikorodu, Lagos. Kindly, chat me up or call me on 08057950487 or 09031504726 for more information. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by uyijob: 3:30pm On Sep 11, 2017
james87871:
Poultry birds feed is quietly differ from poultry meal and feather meal the result is okay i use the poultry meal in high percentage. For example 35%poultry meal and 5 % feather meal and some times 30% poultry meal and 10 % feather meal though I start after 2 and half to 3 month .since I don't see trusted 72 % fish meal and yoyo is very scarce to see

Please I'm still very new in this business. Please can you guide me on these poultry and feather meal. Where to get it and the ratio of combination. I have been using
foreign feed at fingerlings stage and later switched to vital feeds. Please I'll appreciate if you can guide me. I based in port Harcourt. My whatsapp contact is 07034623865.
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.