Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:05 AM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1491714 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wahles(m): 6:47pm On Sep 11, 2017
wahles:
First off, big ups to everyone who has contributed immensely here, especially our ever available tutors. I was asleep now I am awake.
To d point, I came across dz abandoned fish pond, belongs to a man who is outta town bt says I could use it since it's idle. However there are cracks on d walls, it seems to v been poorly fixed, I already called a bricklayer to come check it out nd as assures it can be fixed, I wana ask if anyone here has had such problems in d past and is it quite possible to permanently fix dz cracks. I just wana b double sure. You input would be highly appreciated. Thank u (pictures attached)

Cc robonski15,excelsiorfarm,ttalk,OmoOshodi. (
Awaiting ur contributions ouz
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 10:44pm On Sep 11, 2017
Just coming from Ban again.... Now I know why others are not posting.... lipsrsealed
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:52am On Sep 12, 2017
wahles:

Never encountered such problem before, the situation i have encountered was leakage from the base of the pond, the only thing we could do was to wrap the entire pond (inside) with tarpaulin then the leakage stopped.. The affected area can be re plastered then test first if there is any type of leakage. Give us feedback sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:53am On Sep 12, 2017
OmoOshodi:
Just coming from Ban again.... Now I know why others are not posting.... lipsrsealed

I think its spam BOT, it happened to me last week, especially if you type some words or post a link i guess.. How have u been?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 12:55am On Sep 12, 2017
I need Juveniles in Large quantity for immediate purchase within Lagos and Ogun state , if you have up to 5,000 juveniles and above kindly contact me asap.. very urgent.. thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wahles(m): 8:59am On Sep 12, 2017
robonski15:

Never encountered such problem before, the situation i have encountered was leakage from the base of the pond, the only thing we could do was to wrap the entire pond (inside) with tarpaulin then the leakage stopped.. The affected area can be re plastered then test first if there is any type of leakage. Give us feedback sir
Will sure do. Tnks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by missylizzy(f): 10:14am On Sep 12, 2017
Just came across this thread and its been educative, if I had known I wouldn't have dashed 250k to a so called pastor in the name that he had experience and he will help me setup my pond, he brought people that did a bad job with the construction of the pond, especially the drainage system, my pond doesn't completely drain out.... Apart from that I noticed some juvenile runts were sold to me.... I also paid for feed, what was given to me was Top Feed, I guess its a local feed, the fish is doing well, I would like to connect with some farmers, any farmer around ikorodu, agric to be precise so that we can connect and share some idea

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 10:37am On Sep 12, 2017
missylizzy:
Just came across this thread and its been educative, if I had known I wouldn't have dashed 250k to a so called pastor in the name that he had experience and he will help me setup my pond, he brought people that did a bad job with the construction of the pond, especially the drainage system, my pond doesn't completely drain out.... Apart from that I noticed some juvenile runts were sold to me.... I also paid for feed, what was given to me was Top Feed, I guess its a local feed, the fish is doing well, I would like to connect with some farmers, any farmer around ikorodu, agric to be precise so that we can connect and share some idea

Welcome to the club....mine farm location is ogudu...if you need further enquiries on your farm management to profit..leave your comments here or chat me on 0815-370-1613
Top feed is locally made, it floats, cheaper with good fcr....lets promote ours....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by jeckin205: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2017
How much can i budget to raise a fingerling to maturity(5 to 6 month)
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by missylizzy(f): 1:39pm On Sep 12, 2017
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
james87871:
Pls can any one recommend where I can get yoyo in tonnes and if possible with the price
.you can get from Niger state or ijebu....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2017
robonski15:
I need Juveniles in Large quantity for immediate purchase within Lagos and Ogun state , if you have up to 5,000 juveniles and above kindly contact me asap.. very urgent.. thanks
Robohrobonski bloodali longest time.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 4:57pm On Sep 12, 2017
wahles:

I replied, but unfortunately was maybe banned. Just replaster or the crack areas should be consolidated with small iron cuttings and replaster. You can just set in tarpaulin to avoid leakages. In some cases if Real concrete, it might not leak after doing screeding with pure cement.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wahles(m): 5:35pm On Sep 12, 2017
excelsiorfarm:
I replied, but unfortunately was maybe banned. Just replaster or the crack areas should be consolidated with small iron cuttings and replaster. You can just set in tarpaulin to avoid leakages. In some cases if Real concrete, it might not leak after doing screeding with pure cement.
thank you! I would upddate d ouz soonest #
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by missylizzy(f): 6:50am On Sep 13, 2017
Thanks I will smiley
Fish4wealth:

Welcome to the club....mine farm location is ogudu...if you need further enquiries on your farm management to profit..leave your comments here or chat me on 0815-370-1613
Top feed is locally made, it floats, cheaper with good fcr....lets promote ours....
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 7:54am On Sep 13, 2017
chilanfarms:
.you can get from Niger state or ijebu....

Oga Chilan where in aNiger State
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2017
jeckin205:
How much can i budget to raise a fingerling to maturity(5 to 6 month)

Budget between #400-#550 per fish only on feeding...depending on your experience...+ or -..imported or local, stock density, system method( flow through or others), etc
Others may share their unit cost of production
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by rekeson: 9:56am On Sep 13, 2017
Fish4wealth:

Budget between #400-#550 per fish only on feeding...depending on your experience...+ or -..imported or local, stock density, system method( flow through or others), etc
Others may share their unit cost of production

This estimate is way overboard...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:34pm On Sep 13, 2017
rekeson:

Kindly expatiate sir..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 4:10pm On Sep 13, 2017
rekeson:

You are right...little over estimated.....I spent between #300-#350 cos I change to my local formulation after two months of floating feed....
We must realise that in fish biz or any of such with price flunctuation...one must over budget...the truth is many newbies are told an estimate of #250-#300 with the hope of selling at #750-#800/kg giving them a profit margin of over 200%...they rushed in without understanding the intriques of feeding.....
Note, some imported feed are as high as #12, 000 which are always recommended to newbies...
My position is, budget high to leave no excuse....your record will prove otherwise...
I look forward to read from the gurus their cost of unit production.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Magdagascariens: 4:24pm On Sep 13, 2017
A young farm manager/hatcher needs a job please. Said he has years of experience. Lagos/Ogun state.

His contact:
Zero 7019 one 5979 nine
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2017
Magdagascariens:

A young farm manager/hatcher needs a job please. Said he has years of experience. Lagos/Ogun state.

His contact:
Zero 7019 one 5979 nine

Experience in what.....be specific....is he looking for job or employment
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Magdagascariens: 8:56pm On Sep 13, 2017
Fish4wealth:

Experience in what.....be specific....is he looking for job or employment

Oga, A young FARM MANAGER and HATCHER needs EMPLOYMENT.

Just feel I should drop a word for him... Who knows?

Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bolajogs(m): 6:06am On Sep 14, 2017
pellet machine and grinder for sale @ 200k. Call 08056986860 if interested.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by iyaayi(f): 11:58am On Sep 14, 2017
Pls, ladies & gentlemen in the house! What's the best practice for changing from imported floating feed to local pelletized sinking feed for fishes in concrete pond?? Age 2 months. They are intended for smokibg at 3 months.
Thank you & God bless you more!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2017
Magdagascariens:

His contact:
Zero 7019 one 5979 nine

Can he work in Abuja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 1:10pm On Sep 14, 2017
iyaayi:
Pls, ladies & gentlemen in the house! What's the best practice for changing from imported floating feed to local pelletized sinking feed for fishes in concrete pond?? Age 2 months. They are intended for smokibg at 3 months.
Thank you & God bless you more!

For melange production when you have average of 200 grams you can change but for expert you change after 1month
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by iyaayi(f): 6:45pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ttalk:

For melange production when you have average of 200 grams you can change but for expert you change after 1month

Thank you sir. Average weight is 300gms
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Magdagascariens: 7:08pm On Sep 14, 2017
Ttalk:

Can he work in Abuja

Yes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by yorlq94: 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2017
I want to be a fish farmer so i need to go to fishery college training less than 3 month please
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Emmafly(m): 8:56pm On Sep 14, 2017
pics

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.