Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,265 members, 7,811,751 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1491994 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Osaro01: 5:26am On Sep 28, 2017
@roboski15 hi can you help me with buyers for melange here is my no 08083015865 around jonath hotel sangotedo Ajah Lagos isicoated24@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 8:06am On Sep 28, 2017
just had a terrible accident last night due to heavy rain fall in my area and I lost all my 1k fishes...am completely confused and devastated right now...woke up and found all my fishes lifeless on the ground in the morning due to the collapse of the fish pond

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 8:27am On Sep 28, 2017
snnaija:
just had a terrible accident last night due to heavy rain fall in my area and I lost all my 1k fishes...am completely confused and devastated right now...woke up and found all my fishes lifeless on the ground in the morning due to the collapse of the fish pond
Oohh this much sad
snnaija:
Oohh this much. May God replenish your loss! So sorry!
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Osaro01:
@roboski15 hi can you help me with buyers for melange here is my no 08083015865 around jonath hotel sangotedo Ajah Lagos isicoated24@yahoo.co.uk

Will get in touch with u..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
snnaija:

So sorry for the loss.. truthfully speaking the ponds am seeing in that picture is not strong enough for its size, its a 6 inch hollow block which is not ideal for that size, i guess there was no pillar constructed.. i have a client friend facing the same challenge, he used 6 inch and all pond collapse at interval.. I pray the pond hold itself together my sister..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
robonski15:

So sorry for the loss.. truthfully speaking the ponds am seeing in that picture is not strong enough for its size, its a 6 inch hollow block which is not ideal for that size, i guess there was no pillar constructed.. i have a client friend facing the same challenge, he used 6 inch and all pond collapse at interval.. I pray the pond hold itself together my sister..
it's not a 6inch hollow block...and it's constructed with pillar all through...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Deeone4real: 7:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
We have quality well graded fingerlings, Post Fingerlings and standard Juveniles for sale at Melange Integrated Farms, ikorodu, Lagos. Kindly, chat me up or call me on 08057950487 or 09031504726 for more information. Thanks.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 9:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
snnaija:

Sorry for ur loss .. God will replenish ur pocket
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 9:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
@snnaija sorry about the incident. It is one of the
challenges in aquaculture. However, it is very clear from your pictures that the blocks and mortar used are not strong enough. The exposed iron roods of the pillar is indicative of poor materials mixing ratio. Get an experienced Mason to help you out. See this as a learning point. Don't be discouraged.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 10:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
We have healthy, high quality and mature male and female Catfish broodstock (from 1.5kg) for sale at Ijaiye, Ogba, Lagos, and Olambe (near Akute), in Ifo LGA, Ogun State. Contact Bode : 0802-334-0270 call/WhatsApp ; 0816-065-3034. Regards.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by giantstrides(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2017
Juveniles ( shooters ) available for sale
Fast growing (2mm)

Contact on bio

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 9:48am On Sep 29, 2017
duullie88:

Thanks..
have u heard of using white vitamin c

White Vitamin C is good as it boosts immunity and increases the fish appetite. Too much can lead to acidity of your pond as vitamin c is also ascorbic acid.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 9:58am On Sep 29, 2017
OmoOshodi:
madan don't mind them... Most of them are theory farmers.... You are very correct provided your water exchange is up to 90%. ... My experience so far I never see where person go stock pile feeds for fishes.....as they grow they feed less... It's a sygnoid curve for goodness sake..... Increase at increasing rate and later increase at decreasing rate. Oga o teacher dn plenty pass the student..... We are all still learning sha.... As knowledge is a continor.... Don't ever say someone is wrong ... Thanks

Are u trying to say that as fish grow older, they eat less.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 10:00am On Sep 29, 2017
kart042000:

Wow! this is lovely. will chat you up on whatsapp, I have a few questions. cheers.

A little tip I learnt is to purchase chicken intestine during festive season, and if you have free access to them, good for you.

I usually boil it with salt only and then feed my fishes. They love it like crazy, even after eating the usual local feed.

I was just playing cutting some moringa on leaves on my concrete pond and I noticed they ate it, dunno what that does for them, but I stopped it.

I also read somewhere that you can starve the fishes for 2days and then feed them with paw paw leaves, it acts as an anti bacteria, I have not tried it but it could be a subject of discussion.

Robonski, fish4wealth, ttalk, omooshodi and everyone is doing a great job, please keep it up.

Good one with the chicken intestines, Just make sure you boil them properly and don't add salt next time. You could also try egg shells from boiled egg or simply boil the egg shells. Excellent source of calcium for bone development. Thank me later.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 10:13am On Sep 29, 2017
Catfish training comes up again on the 1st of October 2017. If you want to learn how to use the latest technologies in growing of catfish, then this training is for you. We will teach the following

Feed optimization and Feed conversation Rates (FCR).
Aeration Techniques.
Mechanical and Bateriological Filtration methods
Hydroponics

If you want to know how to running your pond without water changes,
Contact me on Whatsapp 08171373772

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ferdicson(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2017
Pls i am glad u came open to enlighten people on ur experience i want to learn about how u hatched ur fingerlings yourself did u also use saline solution n why must it be used n what could lead to mortality of frys after they all hatched n were many dat survived n before d nxt day they all died pls dats what bothers n hinders me frm hatching again.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sophy17(m): 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
2 pieces of imported fairly used 7 feet by 4 feet diameter collapsible pond for sale at give away price. Contact me on 08033136362.

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by onifadeayo: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
snnaija:

Take heart its one of those things, the pond was not properly constructed.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 5:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
Adeymorla:

White Vitamin C is good as it boosts immunity and increases the fish appetite. Too much can lead to acidity of your pond as vitamin c is also ascorbic acid.

Thank u sir
How often/intervals can it b used..
In a pond of 13ft by 7ft by 4ft deep how many tablet will be optimum.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Adeymorla(m): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
duullie88:

Thank u sir
How often/intervals can it b used..
In a pond of 13ft by 7ft by 4ft deep how many tablet will be optimum.

Once a week is okay. Depends on the fish density in your pond, 50-100 grams.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Adeymorla:

Once a week is okay. Depends on the fish density in your pond, 50-100 grams.

Tank u
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kart042000(m): 8:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
Adeymorla:

Good one with the chicken intestines, Just make sure you boil them properly and don't add salt next time. You could also try egg shells from boiled egg or simply boil the egg shells. Excellent source of calcium for bone development. Thank me later.

Nice one there, never knew fishes ate egg shells. I do know snails eat it when grinded.

whats the procedure of thé egg shells after boiling, do I grind it and give them like that or mix with some other stuffs.

I usually keep the grounded powdery left overs of my local feed. I then mix the powdered left over with intestine water. Then I use eba to bind it and give thé fishes. They also love it.

I await ur response.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kart042000(m): 4:05am On Sep 30, 2017
Adeymorla:

Nice one there, Thé eggs will it be crushed after boiling?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tecord1(m): 8:46am On Sep 30, 2017
Hi every one. I am new here. Pls I am having g problems with my concrete pond. After restocking. I notice my fingerings dieing. From 2500 to 1800 within a period of 1 week. Pls I need advise on what to do since I have use drugs like aqua cure, I change water every day. Though some one said I should have disinfected the pond before restocking. But I don't know how to go about it. Help me save my fishes
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by snnaija(f): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2017
Tecord1:
Hi every one. I am new here. Pls I am having g problems with my concrete pond. After restocking. I notice my fingerings dieing. From 2500 to 1800 within a period of 1 week. Pls I need advise on what to do since I have use drugs like aqua cure, I change water every day. Though some one said I should have disinfected the pond before restocking. But I don't know how to go about it. Help me save my fishes
I have passed through what you're passing through now and I will tell you a simple thing you need to do
first take out all your fishes and wash your wash your pond with salt...then fill your pond with water..let say 1ft reintroduce your fishes then add at list 1kg of salt... and look for lime get like 5 slice them squeeze them into the pond and throw the back into the water then fill the pond gradually the following day drain the pond but not completely and fill again...thank me later,am talking from experience
note that the salt should be mixed in a bucket with water before pouring it into the pond

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2017
ferdicson:
Pls i am glad u came open to enlighten people on ur experience i want to learn about how u hatched ur fingerlings yourself did u also use saline solution n why must it be used n what could lead to mortality of frys after they all hatched n were many dat survived n before d nxt day they all died pls dats what bothers n hinders me frm hatching again.

Saline water is not compulsory as long as the male milt or (sperm) is much, though it is much used as the chances of finding a very fertile male is 50-50.. fry mortality depends on so many factor like PH, poor water management, excess feed, bad egg contamination etc.. next day death might be a result of poor water, or PH..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:03pm On Sep 30, 2017
winningbt:
please everyone in the house i just venture into fish farm business and i was able to stock 2000 juveniles in an earthen pond with the help of this wonderful thread and the help of Robonski, excelsior farm, ttalk e.t.c ,please i want to know the estimated cost to feed them to grow out because according to a friend I will be using like 780,000 naira to feed them which I think might be on the high side please help me put mouth abeg,they started with Ranan 2mm,they are now eating aqualis 3mm and they are just 44 days old

hello sir, i saw ur post late you are highly welcome.. you will need 380 to 400 to raise a fish to maturity, depends also on ur feeding pattern and the feed u using..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:08pm On Sep 30, 2017
Agrozenith:
#October 1st cutoff prize#
organic plant extract ,
Content- VA, VD3, VE, YK, serine, leucine, l-methonine, aspartic acid, lysine, yeast polysaccharides, cystine
Functions:-
1- level rapid growth
2- Immunity builder
3- protection and prevention of all kinds of diseases
4- Reduce mortality
5- increase metabolism and appetite
Help to improve daily growth of your aquatic livestock .. 300gram per pack go for 150kg of feed. This product is Nafdac approved. With so much testimonies from farmers using it. 08038275594.

How much is it sold.. Any testimony so far??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 6:18pm On Sep 30, 2017
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, we are excited to announce our first ever Physical meeting for fish farmers inLagos and ogun state Titled "profitable fish farming" hosted by our very own Emmafly. It will be a meeting with a difference.. Lets come together to learn, share ideas and network.. After this meeting other state will follow suit.. SEE YOU THERE..

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tecord1(m): 9:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
snnaija:

I have passed through what you're passing through now and I will tell you a simple thing you need to do
first take out all your fishes and wash your wash your pond with salt...then fill your pond with water..let say 1ft reintroduce your fishes then add at list 1kg of salt... and look for lime get like 5 slice them squeeze them into the pond and throw the back into the water then fill the pond gradually the following day drain the pond but not completely and fill again...thank me later,am talking from experience
note that the salt should be mixed in a bucket with water before pouring it into the pond

Thanks for the advise. I will try this right away

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Emmafly(m): 12:37am On Oct 01, 2017
[quote author=robonski15 post=60981030]Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, we are excited to announce our first ever Physical meeting for fish farmers in the Lagos region, Titled "profitable fish farming" hosted by our very own Emmafly. It will be a meeting with a difference.. Lets come together to learn, share ideas and network.. After this meeting other state will follow suit.. SEE YOU THERE..

dear house,
thank you for the opportunity to host the Lagos and ogun farmers. for more information you can call,whatsapp or telegram 08183549869.

full direction- Muta 3 by central mosque, adiyan- gasline, agbado Lagos. ( from oshodi enter a bus going to agbado-ijaiye/tollgate. drop at ijaiye and enter a bus to agbado-oja. then take a bus to adiyan/gasline and drop at the last bustop which is gasline. then take a bike to Muta 3 by central mosque and ask of fish farm.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.