Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,049 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:22 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (420) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1491319 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NCFarms: 7:54pm On Dec 11, 2017
Please, i also want to acknowledge the person who started this section, those who have contributed also, it was after reading all the comments and reply that i got spured into venturing in this aspect of agro business.

I intend to start with 500 juveniles, learn with that before expanding. I also want to know the feed I should start them with.

And finally, my borehole water pH is ok, i have tested it. But it tends to develop fowl smell when it stays in a tank for couple of days. Is it safe for fish farming?

Thanks for the reply
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excess4luv: 11:06pm On Dec 11, 2017
aragon4realz:
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by aragon4realz(m): 7:52am On Dec 12, 2017
excess4luv:

if you're ready to buy them all...I will sale at 600 and I have like 3000pieces
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ojujumbo: 2:29pm On Dec 12, 2017
About 1.5 tonnes of six month old catfish available for sale in Abuja. Contact me on 08182154049 if you are interested. Please serious buyers only.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 8:09pm On Dec 12, 2017
NCFarms:
Goodevening house, please I just started setting up my catfish farm in abuja. Please i need to get in touch with experienced farmers in abuja, to put me through. We just finished constructiong 4 ponds on a 600sqm plot.

Thanks for your reply.

You are welcome bro, your ponds look so solid.

I am based in Abuja to, which part of Abuja are you. You are free to visit my farm for first hand consultation sir
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 8:16pm On Dec 12, 2017
NCFarms:
Please, i also want to acknowledge the person who started this section, those who have contributed also, it was after reading all the comments and reply that i got spured into venturing in this aspect of agro business.

I intend to start with 500 juveniles, learn with that before expanding. I also want to know the feed I should start them with.

And finally, my borehole water pH is ok, i have tested it. But it tends to develop fowl smell when it stays in a tank for couple of days. Is it safe for fish farming?

Thanks for the reply

What is the depth of your borehole. Generally Abuja has very good underground water for human and livestock including fish.
The foul smell could be as a result of direct sun on the storage tank
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Larwin(m): 8:19am On Dec 13, 2017
NCFarms:

Thanks for the reply

If you don't pump the water out for a long period of time it ll develop a foul smell.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NCFarms: 9:31am On Dec 13, 2017
Ttalk:

You are welcome bro, your ponds look so solid.

I am based in Abuja to, which part of Abuja are you. You are free to visit my farm for first hand consultation sir

Thank yoy very much sir. My farm is located at Pambara, Just before bwari. Please can i get your contact so i give you a call sir. Gratitude
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NCFarms: 9:33am On Dec 13, 2017
Ttalk:

What is the depth of your borehole. Generally Abuja has very good underground water for human and livestock including fish.
The foul smell could be as a result of direct sun on the storage tank

Thank you sir for the reply, we discovered dead birds inside the tank. They were not covered. The water is awesome now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NCFarms: 9:34am On Dec 13, 2017
Larwin:

If you don't pump the water out for a long period of time it ll develop a foul smell.

Thank you so much sir. I appreciate.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 9:42am On Dec 13, 2017
NCFarms:

Thank yoy very much sir. My farm is located at Pambara, Just before bwari. Please can i get your contact so i give you a call sir. Gratitude

Drop your number here or E-mail me your number and I wiil call you.
My e-mail goldgate2003@yahoo.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by NCFarms: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2017
Ttalk:

Drop your number here or E-mail me your number and I wiil call you.
My e-mail goldgate2003@yahoo.com

Thank you sir. Will do that now
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kart042000(m): 8:39pm On Dec 14, 2017
Hi house please where can I get good Juveniles in Akure?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 11:32am On Dec 15, 2017
kart042000:
Hi house please where can I get good Juveniles in Akure?

How many do u require?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 6:16pm On Dec 15, 2017
2-DAY PRACTICAL TRAINING ON HATCHING
* HATCHING VAT DESIGN
* LATEST SPAWNING TECHNIQUE
* LARVA MANAGEMENT
* FRIES MANAGEMENT
* HATCHERY NURSERY SYSTEM
* POND NURSERY SYSTEM

DATE: 22 & 23 DECEMBER, 2017

29 & 30 DECEMBER, 2017
CALL: 08183640056
VENUE: MADALLA, ALONG SULEJA ROAD

APPLY NOW, AND ACQUIRE NECESSARY SKILL AND HAVE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IN 2018

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kart042000(m): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2017
robonski15:

How many do u require?
About 250
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by JobFallOnMe: 10:59am On Dec 16, 2017
please has anyone purchased tarpaulin ponds from benuwatts before?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by god2good: 11:57am On Dec 16, 2017
kart042000:

About 250
Ireakari 1, road block. Is available nw nw.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 1:15pm On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=JobFallOnMe post=63331202]please has anyone purchased tarpaulin ponds from benuwatts before?[/quote
]
I wanted to sometimes ago but I don't feel comfortable with their pay in advance policy. And the fact that there is no physical checkout of what you are paying for discouraged me.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by JobFallOnMe: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2017
[quote author=ademola1333 post=63334815][/quote]

it is just the same issue that I am having. I am in awka and their head office should be here but they said someone can't come and see the products on their site. I have sent them a message shaa, let me wait for their reply or see if anyone has done business with them before
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 2:56pm On Dec 16, 2017
JobFallOnMe:

it is just the same issue that I am having. I am in awka and their head office should be here but they said someone can't come and see the products on their site. I have sent them a message shaa, let me wait for their reply or see if anyone has done business with them before
Awka? I can link you up with someone I got mine from in Onitsha.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by JobFallOnMe: 3:23pm On Dec 16, 2017
ademola1333:

Awka? I can link you up with someone I got mine from in Onitsha.

that would be great, please contact me (08096311565) or drop ur contact let me reach you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Mimo1(m): 2:32am On Dec 17, 2017
VivaFarm:
Good morning my people. I urgently need to buy a catfish grader to sort my juvenile catfishes (all in the range of 15g to 22g). Please where can I get this in Lagos. Thanks

I can construct grader for you Am In Lagos, u can reach me on 08138 221727

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Nobody: 6:41am On Dec 17, 2017
j
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by durodee(m): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2017
JobFallOnMe:
please has anyone purchased tarpaulin ponds from benuwatts before?
Yes, I did last year. I saw them on Nairaland, paid in advance and had been using the pond since. I think I had answered this before on this forum and you can check my previous posts for pictures though I will to post newer ones. I am based in Ogbomoso though, getting it to me was difficult because of transport routes but we eventually resolved it.

2 Likes

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by wazilo: 9:14am On Dec 17, 2017
Ttalk:
2-DAY PRACTICAL TRAINING ON HATCHING
* HATCHING VAT DESIGN
* LATEST SPAWNING TECHNIQUE
* LARVA MANAGEMENT
* FRIES MANAGEMENT
* HATCHERY NURSERY SYSTEM
* POND NURSERY SYSTEM

DATE: 22 & 23 DECEMBER, 2017

29 & 30 DECEMBER, 2017
CALL: 08183640056
VENUE: MADALLA, ALONG SULEJA ROAD

APPLY NOW, AND ACQUIRE NECESSARY SKILL AND HAVE COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE IN 2018

Where's this address? Abuja or lagos?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Rasro: 11:41am On Dec 17, 2017
robonski15 just finished school since March n due to the school management problems can't go on service till May next year.. please being financially low can't travel to your place and am just a hungry Graduate can't you mail me the hatchery n melange procedure plssssssss emmanuelorsar@gmail. com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 6:21pm On Dec 17, 2017
wazilo:

Where's this address? Abuja or lagos?

Abuja
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by JobFallOnMe: 7:19pm On Dec 17, 2017
durodee:

Yes, I did last year. I saw them on Nairaland, paid in advance and had been using the pond since. I think I had answered this before on this forum and you can check my previous posts for pictures though I will to post newer ones. I am based in Ogbomoso though, getting it to me was difficult because of transport routes but we eventually resolved it.

OK thanks, I will compare with the contact ademola1333 wants to give me and see which is better
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ademola1333(m): 8:13pm On Dec 17, 2017
JobFallOnMe:

OK thanks, I will compare with the contact ademola1333 wants to give me and see which is better
Are you on whatsapp? Add me on 08038319484.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2017
Rasro:
robonski15 just finished school since March n due to the school management problems can't go on service till May next year.. please being financially low can't travel to your place and am just a hungry Graduate can't you mail me the hatchery n melange procedure plssssssss emmanuelorsar@gmail. com

Hello sir, I don't have any manual on melange and hatchery production.. Guess omooshodi or Ttalk has.. Get in touch with them.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by OmoOshodi(m): 3:08pm On Dec 18, 2017
robonski15:

Hello sir, I don't have any manual on melange and hatchery production.. Guess omooshodi or Ttalk has.. Get in touch with them.
oga no mind dem we don already post the link to the pdf files here.... Dem want free links dem still no wan search pages .... Smh

Check page 416

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) (422) (423) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.