Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,349 members, 7,819,244 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1495073 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 11:16am On Jan 22, 2018
olusegunthomas:
good day sir I really appreciate your effort sir. May God bless your generation sir. They are doing fine.
you are welcome. Glad I was able to help.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 8:47pm On Jan 22, 2018
olusegunthomas:
I also reside at alagbado pls can we meet one on one.... Am into the business but I dump it for reason and I want to go back to it now.. My pond and everything still available though I lease it out before but I want to take it back now.... Thanks kindly drop me your number and let's talk on WhatsApp.

Where in alagbado is your farm situated..
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tennorazy: 11:51pm On Jan 22, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]
Please I need info on how or where I can get a ready made tapolyn pond to kick off my fishery business, any link please?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tennorazy: 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2018
robonski15:
Edited October 6 2017

As a result of constant yearning for quality fingerlings and Juvenile by fish farmers, we have decided to meet farmers expectation by producing fast growing Juveniles and fingerlings for Bumper harvest.. Don't fall into the hands of Runt sellers it can cost you your investment.. Contact us today and book your order we deliver nation wide..

We Offer Sound consultancy services for New fish Farmer and also for existing farms that wants to break even and make profit.

Please I need info on how or where I can get a ready made tapolyn pond to kick off my fishery business, any link please?

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olasunks(m): 5:56am On Jan 23, 2018
olusegunthomas:
yes sir but the casualty is much before I get the right drugs for them..... I will like to knw much about hatching sir
What is the name of the drug and dosage you use that later stop the casualty.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 9:29am On Jan 23, 2018
robonski15:

Its all good cos we learn from experience. Hatching is practical we offer training on Hatching and fries management.
what are the procedures sir.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 9:42am On Jan 23, 2018
olasunks:

What is the name of the drug and dosage you use that later stop the casualty.
keprocyril but will need little guidance cos the drugs is a very powerful anti biotic. If too much it can lead to something else.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by olusegunthomas(m): 9:44am On Jan 23, 2018
chilanfarms:
you are welcome. Glad I was able to help.
glad I knw you sir.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 10:28am On Jan 23, 2018
olusegunthomas:
glad I knw you sir.
hope they r doing well now? We r for each other... I hate seeing fishes die no matter how little.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 1:43pm On Jan 23, 2018
Tennorazy:
[color=#000099][/color]

You can buy ready made collapsible tanks at kingdom aquarium or we can assist you in constructing a durable tarpaulin pond.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Tennorazy: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2018
robonski15:

You can buy ready made collapsible tanks at kingdom aquarium or we can assist you in constructing a durable tarpaulin pond.

Thanks, where is kingdom aquarium located please?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Hafolabi: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2018
Dear all,

Please i intend to start my fish farming with an existing pond 9ftx9ftx8ft (initially constructed soakaway, but never been used),picture attached for your reference

1. What specie of fish do you recommend i start with and how many fish can i keep in the pond, i've ordered 600 fishes @ N21/fish from my adviser
2. I intend to use a surface pumping machine to drain out dirty water at intervals, how often do i need to do this? can this system work in your opinion
3. I intend to cover the soakaway with net to avoid birds pick up fish from the pond, hope this would not reduce circulation of air and result in loss of oxygen
4. I'm not always available at the house, i have a mutual agreement with someone to take care of the fish while i'm not around, what do you think
5. This is a pilot test to see the feasibility, what will you advice,
6. My budget for the pilot scheme is around N40,000 (fish N12,600, pond cover N15,000 and basic plumbing N11,600) excluding feeding, from all i've read feeding seems to average between N350-450/fish i.e N270k overall
7. What are the do's and don't peculiar to my situation

Kindly advice

Regards

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:45am On Jan 24, 2018
Hafolabi:
Dear all,

Please i intend to start my fish farming with an existing pond 9ftx9ftx8ft (initially constructed soakaway, but never been used),picture attached for your reference

1. What specie of fish do you recommend i start with and how many fish can i keep in the pond, i've ordered 600 fishes @ N21/fish from my adviser
2. I intend to use a surface pumping machine to drain out dirty water at intervals, how often do i need to do this? can this system work in your opinion
3. I intend to cover the soakaway with net to avoid birds pick up fish from the pond, hope this would not reduce circulation of air and result in loss of oxygen
4. I'm not always available at the house, i have a mutual agreement with someone to take care of the fish while i'm not around, what do you think
6. My budget for the pilot scheme is around N40,000 (fish N12,600, pond cover N15,000 and basic plumbing N11,600) excluding feeding, from all i've read feeding seems to average between N350-450/fish i.e N270k overall

Kindly advice

Regards
your plan is Ohk. Netting won't deplet oxygen. U r on track just follow through with d advice u've got already.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 8:46am On Jan 24, 2018
Tennorazy:

Thanks, where is kingdom aquarium located please?
ikotun lagos.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Lucie22(f): 10:58am On Jan 24, 2018
chilanfarms:
your location? Which size are they now and how many did u stock?

Ayobo. They are upto 1kg each, I stocked 1300 pieces
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by chilanfarms(m): 11:31am On Jan 24, 2018
Lucie22:

Ayobo. They are upto 1kg each, I stocked 1300 pieces
inbox me ur contact on 07065874135
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:27pm On Jan 24, 2018
Hafolabi:
Dear all,

Kindly advice

Regards

1. You can start with clarias, you can start with 600.. (What size are u buying?)

2. In my opinion i don,t recommend using suck away pond for fish farming, more so using surface pump is kinda hectic, buying fuel every three days to pump out water.. With 8 feet deep sorting will be strenuous. Its a pilot project lets see how management plays out.

3. you are good to go.

4. I have never met anyone who did this and succeeded to be honest with you. .. Is the individual well trained on fish farming? or just a random guy to throw feed to the pond.

5. Ride on

6. Good to go.

7. dont over feed, sorting is important, change water when due, with the depth of the pond you should be very observant.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2018

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Bakerdav: 7:59pm On Jan 24, 2018
Pls what can cause pilling of fish in the body immediatly after stocking into a virgin pond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 10:23pm On Jan 24, 2018
Bakerdav:
Pls what can cause pilling of fish in the body immediatly after stocking into a virgin pond

Fungai/bacteria present in pond.. Always treat virgin ponds before stocking.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SLOVFO(m): 12:25am On Jan 25, 2018
robonski15:

Oga Robonski do you have tilapia fingerlings?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by SLOVFO(m): 12:30am On Jan 25, 2018
I am planning going into catfish farming this year. I want to major exclusively in melange catfish farming and smoking. Friends, do you see it as a worthwhile venture?

Secondly, can someone suggest how I can possibly handle the waste water from the farm? The land I intend to use for the farm is no where near a public drainage system nor river.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kenosky4(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2018
Learn the timing secrete of Off-season Farming. Plant, Harvest and Sell when your produce offers highest market value. 200% Profit Guaranteed. Strategy is everything!

Date: 2nd - 3rd Feb 2018
Venue: 92 Awolowo Way, Opp Ikeja Busstop, Ikeja, Lagos State.
Time: 9 am
Fee: N9,800
For Reservation and Enquiry Contact: 09028013015, 08038526372.
Register @ www.liberationfarm.com.ng

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Bakerdav: 1:59pm On Jan 25, 2018
robonski15:

Fungai/bacteria present in pond.. Always treat virgin ponds before stocking.
thanks wat can u used to treat such the pond because fish is already inside
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by saheed3(m): 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
Good day house,
Let me wish each and every one of you a Happy New Year. The year has started well, it will end well in rejoice and testimony.

Seedorf.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by stonedigital: 4:26pm On Jan 25, 2018
Hello farmers, a very profitable fish farm is up for sale/lease. interested farmers (not more than 5 members) can form a group/partner and lease the farm. Profit is guaranteed as I will show how i run the farm to ensure maximum profit. ROI IS 2 YEARS.

Facilities on a 3 plot of land include:...
1: A 2 rooms self contain apartment.
1: 4 functional boreholes
2: five 3 inch mud pump
3: interconnected pipes to all the ponds.
4: 7 big tarpaulin ponds
With dimensions 36×6×5 feet depth
5: 3 big earthen ponds,
6: complete hatchery set up with 11 vats
7: A feed mil with production capacity of 1000kg daily
8: a complete guide on how to produce mélange and make 80-100% net profit.
9: good Tared road close to your doorstep
10: light
11: 10 minutes drive to badagry expressway.
12: a mini bus that can carry 2 tonnes of feed ingredients
13: a 7.5kva generator to welding machines and any lightings.
14: a 300kg digital scale.
15: big plastic bowls(24 pcs)
16: a 7.5kwa hammer mill.

For enquiries and inspection, call 08025296420, 09092023348.
location is badagry lagos

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.