Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! - Agriculture (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! (1493473 Views)

Hidden Truths About Catfish Hatchery Business !!! / Hidden Truths About Plantain Farming Business / Catfish Farmers Lets Talk About Catfish Smoking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (523) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 1stdami(m): 3:34pm On Apr 30, 2019
I want to start this fish business in Ibadan. I will be following this thread to ask questions where I am stuck though I have an expert who is helping me set up the ponds and doing feasibility studies on my water and all
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sshyne(m): 7:18am On May 04, 2019
Hello, please reply me if you have "ijebu size" fish to sell.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 7:50am On May 04, 2019
ferdybillion:
WhatsApp
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 7:56am On May 04, 2019
Broodstock catfish for sale
Location PH
2000naira per kg
Size ranges from 2kg-5kg
111 remaining

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 4dbeta: 9:18am On May 06, 2019
I greet the house and appreciate everyone participating in this thread.
Please, I need some suggestions/advise.
I am a hatcher and has been successful until about a year ago when I started experiencing mortality of my fries after nine to ten days old.
Before this time (9-10 days), they will be very okay, lively and healthy. But immediately they are about nine to ten days old, problems starts. They starts hanging, eat less, water foaming and massive mortality begins till almost everything perishes. I have used many suggested treatments/drugs and have tried many things yet this problem persists.
Has anyone experienced this challenge and has found a solution? Please, help.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Ttalk: 11:48am On May 07, 2019
4dbeta:
I am a hatcher and has been successful until about a year ago when I started experiencing mortality of my fries after nine to ten days old.
Before this time (9-10 days), they will be very okay, lively and healthy. But immediately they are about nine to ten days old, problems starts. They starts hanging, eat less, water foaming and massive mortality begins till almost everything perishes. I have used many suggested treatments/drugs and have tried many things yet this problem persists.

Your case is quite pathetic and am sure you will overcome it. Since you said you have used medications and many preventive measures, i suspect your water source has been infected with dangerous virus. it could even be from your broodstocks.

Trace your water source up to the first point of storage. Do a thorough cleaning and do the same to all the connection pipe that carries water to your hatchery. 2 - 3day sundry will destroy any residue pathogen remaining. Further cleaning should be carried out and hatchery water disposed off should be treated. There should be a clear separation of disposed water from hatchery.

The above suggestion will give you a wonderful outcome provided your water parameters meet hatchery requirement. Also check source of your broodstocks and avoid inbreeding
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by 4dbeta: 1:15pm On May 07, 2019
Ttalk:

Your case is quite pathetic and am sure you will overcome it. Since you said you have used medications and many preventive measures, i suspect your water source has been infected with dangerous virus. it could even be from your broodstocks.

Trace your water source up to the first point of storage. Do a thorough cleaning and do the same to all the connection pipe that carries water to your hatchery. 2 - 3day sundry will destroy any residue pathogen remaining. Further cleaning should be carried out and hatchery water disposed off should be treated. There should be a clear separation of disposed water from hatchery.

The above suggestion will give you a wonderful outcome provided your water parameters meet hatchery requirement. Also check source of your broodstocks and avoid inbreeding

Thanks a lot bro. I appreciate. I will try your suggestions/advice.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by excelsiorfarm(m): 3:56pm On May 07, 2019
Hello house, I believe all is great.

I have a request. If I had been opportuned to offer benefit to you, i need recommendation of minimum of 500 words. I need it to apply for a processing.
I need three recommendations. Send to segunalamusolomon@gmail.com. Thanks

I will appreciate if I can get it before may17th

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Physco4221: 1:53pm On May 08, 2019
Hello house,to all the hachters,pls I'm very new in this and I need to know the length of post fries and ijebu in cm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by dolarland(m): 10:40am On May 09, 2019
4dbeta:
Always transfer your fry from hatchery at day 5 to a bigger pond.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oluyemioy(m): 6:03pm On May 09, 2019
We have Clarias catfish for sale.

I don't know what someone meant by Ijebu size.

Please contact me.

OLUYEMI FARMS
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Physco4221: 11:48am On May 10, 2019
Good day every one,healthy clarias post fries available at agege. Contact Mary 08032187631 if interested.Thank you
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by KCoker(m): 8:52pm On May 13, 2019
Hello everyone, 
If you are in need of catfish broodstock for hatching, Kindly contact me.

DETAILS AS AT 12/MAY/19
Specie - Clarias G. (Male & Female)
Weight - 1.5-2.5kg
Age - 13months, 17mnths, 19Months
Price - N2000/Kg
Location- Agege
Phone- 08105345966

3 different batches for u to pick a male and a female (to avoid inbreeding)

1 Like

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 12:50am On May 17, 2019
You can know the pH acidic, alkalinity, temperature, General hardness, oxygen level of your pond water with water testing kit below

pH meter - N7,500
TDS (total dissolve solid) + Temperature Meter — N5,500
pH + Temperature meter — N9,500

Available for pick up/ Nationwide delivery

Contact us now

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by robonski15(m): 2:54pm On May 19, 2019
Youwin1:

Perfectly well now. Thanks to God.

Glad to hear...
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by bilag17(m): 7:42pm On May 19, 2019
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by funsaxy: 7:42pm On May 20, 2019
I have catfish broodstock of average weight of 2 to 3kg in Ifo Ogun State.
price: N2000 per kg
For order contact Odu on 08063506171
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 9:34am On May 21, 2019
Any Fish Farmer From KANO STATE here??
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by lexyj123(f): 10:35am On May 21, 2019
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

visit [url]axiomgracefishfarms..com[/url] to find solutions to your catfish hatchery problems. if your area of challenge is yet to be addressed, you can leave a question or comment and we shall promptly respond
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by kashtanyi(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2019
oluyemioy:
We have Clarias catfish for sale.

I don't know what someone meant by Ijebu size.

Please contact me.

OLUYEMI FARMS
Am a youth corper,serving in one of the school on the mainland.... I was asked to plan a school trip to any fish farm around isolo or not far from isolo....I don't if you can recommend any for me...
This is my WhatsApp number 08035708702
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by duullie88(m): 9:29pm On May 22, 2019
duullie88:
Any Fish Farmer From KANO STATE here??

?
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by coputa(m): 10:44am On May 23, 2019
lagosrd:

Formulations varies with your pocket but note that whatever formulation you're making put it in mind that there must be enough animal and plant protein it. I don't always love to hide information but you can chat me privately. You send me your email here. OK I will do give you a sequence of feeding and the top secret of producing big fishes without collecting a dime.
Good day,bros. I have been into this fish business twice without success due to to fact that the cost of feeding took away all the profit.
I was so frustrated, sir, please help me with the local fish formulation n sequence of feeding.I will appreciate.
my email is richardatiyot@gmail.com
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by sshyne(m): 10:16am On May 24, 2019
haywire1:
You can know the acidic, alkalinity, temperature, General hardness, oxygen level of your pond water with water testing kit below

pH meter - N8,000
TDS (total dissolve solid) + Temperature Meter — N5,500
pH + Temperature meter — N10,000

Available for pick up/ Nationwide delivery

Contact us now

Please drop your number
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by haywire1: 12:52pm On May 24, 2019
sshyne:

Please drop your number

Check my profile for phone number

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ogbongenet: 8:41pm On May 24, 2019
This is operation catch them young...my son attending to His cow. Incase you need young fast growing cows for rearing pls get in touch with me 08060115253

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by ogbongenet: 8:42pm On May 24, 2019
Vet doctor in the making

Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 7:10pm On May 25, 2019
coputa:
Good day,bros. I have been into this fish business twice without success due to to fact that the cost of feeding took away all the profit.
I was so frustrated, sir, please help me with the local fish formulation n sequence of feeding.I will appreciate.
my email is richardatiyot@gmail.com

Even if you are given the best formulation, catfish farming success is not only determined by the quality of feeds....

We must realise the role of training and mentorship.
For free online mentorship...contact Amb Young on 081-537-01613...strictly whatsapp
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by cosymyman: 7:31pm On May 25, 2019
hmmm
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by coputa(m): 10:41pm On May 25, 2019
Fish4wealth:

Even if you are given the best formulation, catfish farming success is not only determined by the quality of feeds....

We must realise the role of training and mentorship.
For free online mentorship...contact Amb Young on 081-537-01613...strictly whatsapp
Thanks
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by oyedotun200(m): 3:40pm On May 30, 2019
Hello,I’m Oyedotun,a bluecrown and ecofloat feed distrivutor.*BLUE CROWN.*3MM— Crude protein 42%,fat 12%,ash 8%,crude fiber 4.50%,moisture 8%,calcium 2%,phosphorous 1.10%,sodium 0.30%.*4MM— same,execpt crude fiber 3.50%.*2MM— Same as 3mm.*ECO FLOAT*3MM— Protein 38%,fat 8%,ash 9%,crude fiber 4%,moisture 8%,calcium 2%,phosphorus 0.9%,sodium 0.2%.*4MM— Protein 36%,fat 8%,ash 9%,crude fiber 4.5%,moisture 8%,calcium 2%,phosphorous 0.85%,sodium 0.3%.*6MM&9MM also available.If interested,contact me @oyedotun152@gmail.com, or09075856282.Discount applied for high purchase.
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 8:00pm On May 30, 2019
Are you a Lagos based catfish farmer.
Do you have melange between 250-500g and table size 600-1.2kg.
Do you find it difficult selling them.
Talk to us today....
For more enquiries, chat Amb Young 08153701613
Re: Hidden Truths About Catfish Business!!! by Fish4wealth: 8:02pm On May 30, 2019
Kindly drop your whatsapp contact.

oyedotun200:
Hello,I’m Oyedotun,a bluecrown and ecofloat feed distrivutor.*BLUE CROWN.*3MM— Crude protein 42%,fat 12%,ash 8%,crude fiber 4.50%,moisture 8%,calcium 2%,phosphorous 1.10%,sodium 0.30%.*4MM— same,execpt crude fiber 3.50%.*2MM— Same as 3mm.*ECO FLOAT*3MM— Protein 38%,fat 8%,ash 9%,crude fiber 4%,moisture 8%,calcium 2%,phosphorus 0.9%,sodium 0.2%.*4MM— Protein 36%,fat 8%,ash 9%,crude fiber 4.5%,moisture 8%,calcium 2%,phosphorous 0.85%,sodium 0.3%.*6MM&9MM also available.If interested,contact me @oyedotun152@gmail.com, or09075856282.Discount applied for high purchase.

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (523) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.