Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report (1302 Views)

DAWN -- Development Agenda For Western Nigeria / Festus Mbisiogu, Igbo Man of the Year sets agenda for Buhari / Presentation Of The Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report by nduchucks: 3:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Last year, amid fanfare, SW leaders announced a composite Regional Integration and Development Agenda for the Southwest claiming that the agenda has therefore become imperative in order to fulfill the immense potential of the Region.

Over a year has passed and after watching the players with kin interest, I'm afraid I cannot find any pertinent progress to report. If anyone has any information on DAWN and its implementation, I'd appreciate the information.

The word boondoggle keeps ringing a bell when I think of DAWN, lets hope my instincts are wrong.
Re: Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report by nduchucks: 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
Where are the usually talkative and bright SWers like Uncle Gbawe and others? One wouldn't expect you all to shy away from this important topic.
Re: Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report by Gbawe: 5:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
ndu_chucks: Where are the usually talkative and bright SWers like Uncle Gbawe and others? One wouldn't expect you all to shy away from this important topic.

grin grin grin grin Iwo omo oni Ijogbon yi. Otun ti de ibi? The essential character and aim of the DAWN initiative may be intangible if you are not of the 'disposition' to understand what DAWN is. To that extent you may miss its on-the-ground application. The essence of the DAWN initiative is aptly encapsulated in the quotes below from the speech by Governor Ajimobi.

http://www.oyostate.gov.ng/this-is-the-dawn-of-integrated-south-west-nigeria/

The key to integration and development among states that made up the erstwhile Western region is emphasis on quality leadership and collaboration among the states.

In the course of integration, we must look at areas of cooperation among states and share benefits of states’ comparative advantages.

The most important, and I dare say, the most formidable, of the strands of integration that we seek must be economic integration.

If you were not too given to a mischievous focus on the SW, you will note the above ideas, very simple in reality, being practised albeit intangibly. When, for example, Ogun conceded land to Lagos for agriculture, and you were on the thread arguing vacuously, what did you think that was about if not a deliberate drive to aid economic integration and cooperation? There are planned inter-State projects that owe their conception to this new dedication to integration, oneness and a SW beginning to think essentially as one expanded single State.

Is it till you see DAWN hospitals, DAWN university and DAWN bridges you will appreciate what DAWN is about? I know Nigerians like pictures and identifiable edifices but DAWN is more an idea to drive progress leveraging on mutual cooperation and interdependence. You will appreciate this is going on if not given perambulating back and forth obdurately.

3 Likes

Re: Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report by Geomac: 6:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
DAWN! Lol! It is only on paper.
Re: Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report by PointB: 6:25pm On Mar 29, 2013
Dawn or yawn which one is it? I see no piratical difference.
Re: Development Agenda For Western Nigeria (DAWN) - Progress Report by nduchucks: 6:29pm On Mar 29, 2013
Gbawe:

grin grin grin grin Iwo omo oni Ijogbon yi. Otun ti de ibi? The essential character and aim of the DAWN initiative may be intangible if you are not of the 'disposition' to understand what DAWN is.

When, for example, Ogun conceded land to Lagos for agriculture, and you were on the thread arguing vacuously, what did you think that was about if not a deliberate drive to aid economic integration and cooperation?

I am not into mischief making or Ijogbon. I am however surprised that you proudly proclaim that the illegality of Ogun state "conceding" land to Lagos for agriculture is part of the DAWN agenda. That deal was shrouded in secrecy and up till today, no one knows how much compensation was paid to Ogun state, if any. Additionally, friends and associates of Ojuyobo and fashola,will own the farms and associated Agri business corporations if the project ever gets started, since this is the norm. One would hope that they don't divi up the land among themselves instead of using it for Agriculture.

Please join me in asking for accountability. I'd be most proud of you, if you'd provid some financial information regarding the Ogun/Lagos land deal. I trust you will share the information if you have it because I cannot find it anywhere.

(1) (Reply)

I Propose We Create The Longest Lake In The History Of Humanity / Yoruba May Revolt, Ex-envoy Warns Jonathan / What Nigerians Are Saying About The Crisis In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.