Stats: 3,195,354 members, 7,957,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:07 AM

What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? (912 Views)

How To Know A Topic Heading To The Front Page / How To Post A Topic In Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by Jglad(f): 8:20pm On Mar 29, 2013
What exactly makes a topic unique enough for the front page because i get annoyed seeing some topics in front page when they arent worth it... Ans pls!
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 29, 2013
1. The tontoh-dike-ness of the topic
2. The traffic it can pull.
3. The argument it can generate. (Religious/Tribal)
4. The Urgency
5. The problems it may solve
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by Jglad(f): 8:32pm On Mar 29, 2013
Imanuelle: 1. The tontoh-dike-ness of the topic
4. The Urgency
hmmmm... True! Tanx
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by PehaKaso: 8:40pm On Mar 29, 2013
[quote
author=Jglad]What exactly makes a topic unique enough for the front
page because i get annoyed seeing some topics in front page when they
arent worth it... Ans pls![/quote]

To Seun & his biased Mods, topics can only make front page if they are anti-GEJ......smh
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by amtalkin(f): 8:55pm On Mar 29, 2013
Imanuelle: 1. The tontoh-dike-ness of the topic
4. The Urgency
100likes
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Mar 29, 2013
Jglad:
hmmmm... True! Tanx

You're welcome wink
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by vokalguy(m): 9:11pm On Mar 29, 2013
I have been on this site long enough to say that SOME of the mods are incompetent. It baffles me to see irrelevant posts make front page, eg list of rich students on unilag campus or Kim Kardashian in Nigeria post...
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by Seun(m): 9:14pm On Mar 29, 2013
PehaKaso: To Seun & his biased Mods, topics can only make front page if they are anti-GEJ......smh
I have to admit that we don't post enough pro-GEJ topics. You should send a PM to semid4lyfe if you want to suggest pro-GEJ topics.

Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:09am On Mar 30, 2013
Oga Seun, imagine Nairaland is a newspaper with lots of irrelevant headlines on its front cover. I m sure you ll not wanna buy that paper.
Your mods don't even edit threads that grace the FP recently. They bring the thread with its grammatical errors to the FP.
Abi it's not their job? Cos I v a thread that was edited before gracing the FP.
No doubt your site is presently one of the best in Africa, but some topics that grace the FP is degrading it. I.e, the irrelevant celebrity pictures like Tonto Dikeh ontop Okada, Jim Iyke eating roasted corn, List of rich students in Unilag.
We expect something better than those kinda topics. If it's for the fun, I disagree. There are better news about celebrities that we ll love to see on the FP. I know you want traffic to your site but Nairaland's value is diminishing with such topics on it's FP.
Last Bullet: Communicate with your mods & try to balance what appears on the FP.
I know we can't do without fun in life but educative & insightful topics are important than celebrities lifestyles.
Shalom!
Seun:
I have to admit that we don't have enough pro-GEJ posts. You should send a PM to semid4lyfe if you want to suggest pro-GEJ topics.
eyes rolling!
Re: What Makes A Topic Worthy Of The Front Page? by Seun(m): 8:52am On Mar 30, 2013
vokal_guy: I have been on this site long enough to say that SOME of the mods are incompetent. It baffles me to see irrelevant posts make front page, eg list of rich students on unilag campus or Kim Kardashian in Nigeria post...
Some of those threads you don't like have the highest number of views on Nairaland, but we will try to improve.

First Made In Nigeria Jeep / Nairaland Vs Nigeria Info Fm / No