Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,881 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54537 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:16am On Mar 30, 2013
baby_mama: The funniest ride I had was going home one Christmas and passing through Europe and the plane was filled with OMATA traders coming home for Christmas
Chineke God
Come and See fashion
gold chains on their necks
The rings on tiheir fingers
Assorted jeans
Some even wore cowboy boots
Honestly the jet was filled with about 3/4 Igbos all speaking Igbo
It felt like i was inthe midst of an umunna gathering grin grin grin
It was kinda interesting but traders will always be traders,they were very very loud

The flight attendants kept announcing that folks sit down and belt up ,whosai
They were sitting on the chair arms facing backwards and talking to their paddy man 3 seats down

Through out the flight all I heard around me was how they bought this in China
How they bought that in Taiwan
When their ship will arrive from Holland
As soon as the seat belt sign is turned off they get up,walk down to a friend sitting elsewhere and stand on the aisle and start gisting loudly in Igbo
One kept eyeing me and I kept adjusting my wedding ring till he saw it grin grin
It was the loudest flight I had been in
The only thing they didn't do on that fight was shout Igbo kwenu

That's likely an Air France or KLM grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 8:16am On Mar 30, 2013
baby_mama: The funniest ride I had was going home one Christmas and passing through Europe and the plane was filled with OMATA traders coming home for Christmas
Chineke God
Come and See fashion
gold chains on their necks
The rings on tiheir fingers
Assorted jeans
Some even wore cowboy boots
Honestly the jet was filled with about 3/4 Igbos all speaking Igbo
It felt like i was inthe midst of an umunna gathering grin grin grin
It was kinda interesting but traders will always be traders,they were very very loud

The flight attendants kept announcing that folks sit down and belt up ,whosai
They were sitting on the chair arms facing backwards and talking to their paddy man 3 seats down

Through out the flight all I heard around me was how they bought this in China
How they bought that in Taiwan
When their ship will arrive from Holland
As soon as the seat belt sign is turned off they get up,walk down to a friend sitting elsewhere and stand on the aisle and start gisting loudly in Igbo
One kept eyeing me and I kept adjusting my wedding ring till he saw it grin grin
It was the loudest flight I had been in
The only thing they didn't do on that fight was shout Igbo kwenu
Nna see flight analysis
Igbo kwenu

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:17am On Mar 30, 2013
saxywale:

That's likely an Air France or KLM grin grin

Haha. Are they known to have many Igbo trader on board?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 30, 2013
Jollof: @ all the haters who dislike my post - Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. Mission accomplished!

For the record, I'm a Nigerian and proudly one too. I'm also not perfect and I never said I was. I never said other nationalities are incapable of doing these annoying things - my focus was on Nigerians only. Insults directed towards the OP just imply that I have struck a nerve that caused you to vent in an uncouth manner. Unfortunately for you, there will be more of these types of posts and I won't stop until attitudes start to change. Sue me or post your own tongue

Attitudes change? You are on a long thing
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:21am On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: No habits by anybody annoys me in the plane and as my friend told me BUY FIRST CLASS if you can't stand the things you see in the economy class and until then,i will continue taking in the good,the bad and the ugly of the economy class.

And at POSTER i don't know how often you travel,but if you travel a lot like me then you should have out grown looking out for faults or habits in other's as people can not be like you,act like you or be like you want them to be.

Just want to add an experience i had sometime last year and it was sad.

As a veteran of ECONOMY CLASS i was coming from Nigeria via Delta to the US and on getting to my sit there was a young girl(later discovered she is yoruba)on my space,looked at the boarding pass and number to be sure and told her excuse me please that's my sit.

I always take a sit by the aisle because i am tall and so can stretch my legs,she had the middle sit and on the third sit there was a very old man and i said hi to him then sat down.

Just siiting down and noticed this girl was restless and kept closing her nose with her hands and chatting fervently on her blackberry,raised her head up and asked me if we can change sits and i told her no. She started looking around urgently for an air hostess,spotted one and asked her if they can move her and they told her the plane was full and all this happening while the plane had not even taxied yet.

So i am wondering what's up with this girl as her restlessness was starting to bother me,especially as she had that first timer traveller look(over dressed to impress or give the impression they are well to do to the immigration at the port of entry)and after a few minutes she stood up to use the rest room and left her BB by my arm rest but i did not notice it.

Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

She tried to make small banters with me but i ignored her and later when we were filling up our landing card,this stupid girl brought out her passport to fill and it was a fresh Nigerian passport and her first Visa was the US one and the old man she was calling a smelly old man brought out his US Passport.

So i am thinking this stupid girl has this attitude and have never even left Nigeria before and how will she behave when she starts living outside Nigeria.

This might sound mean but i prayed she ran into problems at the port of entry with the immigration people,but since she followed the line at the immigration point for visa holders i did not know how it ended.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

I am a yoruba guy and I don't support what the girl did. E no go better for the girl anywhere wey she go. Before she run old self, people go dey run from her. She no have manners. Like all this private uni babes..
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by doofanc: 8:25am On Mar 30, 2013
What i cannot understand is why people rush into the planes,
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 30, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:38am On Mar 30, 2013
The 8th annoying thing Nigerians do in the planes is sitting down to observe what every other person is doing.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Abbey2sam(m): 8:43am On Mar 30, 2013
@op can't pple be their selves again without you bringing it to nairaland,? Or na you pay their ticket fee?
Is their a toilet for fart?
Pple are happy that they landed safely and here you are complaining, next time pay for first class
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 8:47am On Mar 30, 2013
YEAH, NIGERIANS. CANT LIVE WITH THEM, CANT LIVE WITHOUT THEM *SMDH*

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by dbride: 8:52am On Mar 30, 2013
booqee: Ok. Thank God you're nigerian too! grin angry
when next you're travelling..mind ur business. Pssst! angry
because you've only travelled within nigeria, u came with dis warped conclusion. Be in a plane having foreigners within,..and i'm very sure you'd be singing dis same song.
Trash!

Most nigerians dont read and when they read, comprehension is difficult; you are one of them. He was on a plane from NEW YORK.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by x2lambo(m): 8:54am On Mar 30, 2013
Well what do you expect from a public transport; Nigerians are not the only one that do bthis things. Next time you want to fly and you don't want to experience all this things upgrade ur statue and chattered a plane because your write up won't change the fact that you are travelling via public transport !
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ejerry(m): 8:59am On Mar 30, 2013
Funny u! Are u nt a Nigerian? Do u do these things?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by dbride: 9:01am On Mar 30, 2013
opone72: Jolof have u ever travel out of Nigeria before ?all this your points are nonsense

Another lazy nigerian who does not read or reads but comprehension is tough. He was on a flight from NY.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 30, 2013
ALL THESE OLD NAIJA WOMEN DOING AFRICAN TIME FOR FLIGHT AND THEN THEY END UP RUSHING THROUGH THE TERMINAL WITH OVER SIZED GHANA MUST GO BAGS AND THE WIG ON THEIR HEAD IS LOPSIDED AND COCKED AT AN ANGLE OF 45 DEGREES LOOKING LIKE SOME THRILLER MOVIE EXTRA. AND WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY MAKE IT ON THE PLANE THEY START SMELLING LIKE CAMPHOR AND OLD GARMENTS THAT HAS BEEN MOTH EATEN IN A CUPBOARD FOR YEARS WHILE THEIR WIG IS BARELY STAYING ON TOP OF THEIR HEAD BECAUSE OF THE RUN INTO THE PLANE.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Flygerian1(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2013
Brb
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by otokx(m): 9:03am On Mar 30, 2013
nice thread
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by susay2006: 9:03am On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: No habits by anybody annoys me in the plane and as my friend told me BUY FIRST CLASS if you can't stand the things you see in the economy class and until then,i will continue taking in the good,the bad and the ugly of the economy class.

And at POSTER i don't know how often you travel,but if you travel a lot like me then you should have out grown looking out for faults or habits in other's as people can not be like you,act like you or be like you want them to be.

As a veteran of ECONOMY CLASS i was coming from Nigeria via Delta to the US and on getting to my sit there was a young girl(later discovered she is yoruba)on my space,looked at the boarding pass and number to be sure and told her excuse me please that's my sit.

I always take a sit by the aisle because i am tall and so can stretch my legs,she had the middle sit and on the third sit there was a very old man and i said hi to him then sat down.

Just siiting down and noticed this girl was restless and kept closing her nose with her hands and chatting fervently on her blackberry,raised her head up and asked me if we can change sits and i told her no. She started looking around urgently for an air hostess,spotted one and asked her if they can move her and they told her the plane was full and all this happening while the plane had not even taxied yet.

So i am wondering what's up with this girl as her restlessness was starting to bother me,especially as she had that first timer traveller look(over dressed to impress or give the impression they are well to do to the immigration at the port of entry)and after a few minutes she stood up to use the rest room and left her BB by my arm rest but i did not notice it.

Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

She tried to make small banters with me but i ignored her and later when we were filling up our landing card,this stupid girl brought out her passport to fill and it was a fresh Nigerian passport and her first Visa was the US one and the old man she was calling a smelly old man brought out his US Passport.

So i am thinking this stupid girl has this attitude and have never even left Nigeria before and how will she behave when she starts living outside Nigeria.

This might sound mean but i prayed she ran into problems at the port of entry with the immigration people,but since she followed the line at the immigration point for visa holders i did not know how it ended.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 9:06am On Mar 30, 2013
Yacubes: I did 3 n 4 when i was goin 2 malaysia
Guilty as charged
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 9:08am On Mar 30, 2013
obadiah777: ALL THESE OLD NAIJA WOMEN DOING AFRICAN TIME FOR FLIGHT AND THEN THEY END UP RUSHING THROUGH THE TERMINAL WITH OVER SIZED GHANA MUST GO BAGS AND THE WIG ON THEIR HEAD IS LOPSIDED AND COCKED AT AN ANGLE OF 45 DEGREES LOOKING LIKE SOME THRILLER MOVIE EXTRA. AND WHEN THEY EVENTUALLY MAKE IT ON THE PLANE THEY START SMELLING LIKE CAMPHOR AND OLD GARMENTS THAT HAS BEEN MOTH EATEN IN A CUPBOARD FOR YEARS WHILE THEIR WIG IS BARELY STAYING ON TOP OF THEIR HEAD BECAUSE OF THE RUN INTO THE PLANE.
What's with this upper case thing,cut the crap mehn.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 9:12am On Mar 30, 2013
doofanc: What i cannot understand is why people rush into the planes,
What do expect,they were used to rushing into Molue and it got stuck.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by susay2006: 9:15am On Mar 30, 2013

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: What's with this upper case thing,cut the crap mehn.
LEF ME ALONE MY AKPU AND OFE NSALA EATING BROTHER

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by knorkle2: 9:20am On Mar 30, 2013
that are good ideas grin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by dnawah(m): 9:23am On Mar 30, 2013
D last but not d least,trying to toast d air hostess,:-@hey don't look @ me lik dat.am not guilty of dat,is my friendgrin
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by dbride: 9:42am On Mar 30, 2013
Adura_ngba: These just shows this bush OP has only been in a plane flying to or from Nigeria only all his life.

I can bet some people who havent been on an international flight are also writing jargon on in here.

Are those points right about nigerians? Yes or No. As I understand from you, the OP is 'bush' for having been only on flights to and fro Nigeria, what routes do you suggest he flies and what in your opinion will he find different? In fact, what's your point? Your anger is so unnecessary or are you guilty of some of those points? Sometimes, guilt can cause confusion. LOL
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by tonygee1(m): 9:45am On Mar 30, 2013
Nigerians don suffer no be small

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (20) (Reply)

Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt / Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.