Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (54530 Views)

Taking Food Out Of Airplanes / 10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bee444: 3:13pm On Mar 30, 2013
paris10: @Mod, where the hell did you put my post? If you have some personal grudge against me, then meet me somewhere and lets settle this once and for all.

What gave you the effrontery, the audacity, the boldness and semi-colon to delete my post. The post wasn't derogatory nor was it offensive. It was educational and eye-opening. I see each time I mention white people, you're quick to defend them or delete the post. Are you ota-aje, do you need a petition to vote you out?

Don't spoil this forum with your poisoned opinion, we know all about BBC and it's agenda.

I read your post, and nothing was wrong with it. I don't see why it should be hidden or removed. The @mod need to sort out his personal thought about you, seems you guys have been fighting for like forever.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by justwise(m): 3:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
bee444:

I read your post, and nothing was wrong with it. I don't see why it should be hidden or removed. The @mod need to sort out his personal thought about you, seems you guys have been fighting for like forever.

Really? Nothing wrong with calling the poster mothersuckers, ignorant and unintelligent just because the poster narrated his observations?

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by bee444: 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2013
justwise:

Really? Nothing wrong with calling the poster mothersuckers, ignorant and unintelligent just because the poster narrated his observations?

No No no, you got it all wrong, the word "Mothersuckers" is actually a joke taken from a comedian (Michael Blackson). People on this forum have sense of humor, hence, they did not complain about it. And regarding "ignorant and unintelligent", how does these two words offend you as a person..not minding what the @poster say? And @paris never called @poster Mothersuckers, he was referring to everyone on the forum. There's an s at the end of that word. The word was a complimentary word.

One way or the other, we're all ignorant at some point. What you don't know, you're ignorant of. @paris is right to say that the @poster's comment is unintelligent. @poster made a remark about Nigerians. When someone say "Most Nigerians", automatically, that's an unintelligent statement.

For once I'd like you to admit your wrong and reinstate @paris10 post. You're not being fair if you don't.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ishilove: 4:29pm On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123:
Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

Although I agree totally with you, there is a possibility that she might have been perceiving something from the old man.

You see, women's noses are a lot more sensitive than men's. There are times I am in a place with my male sibs and dad and perceive a particular smell, but when I point it out to them, they tell me they can't perceive anything. Happens all the time.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ishilove: 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
lafflaff123: No habits by anybody annoys me in the plane and as my friend told me BUY FIRST CLASS if you can't stand the things you see in the economy class and until then,i will continue taking in the good,the bad and the ugly of the economy class.

And at POSTER i don't know how often you travel,but if you travel a lot like me then you should have out grown looking out for faults or habits in other's as people can not be like you,act like you or be like you want them to be.

Just want to add an experience i had sometime last year and it was sad.

As a veteran of ECONOMY CLASS i was coming from Nigeria via Delta to the US and on getting to my sit there was a young girl(later discovered she is yoruba)on my space,looked at the boarding pass and number to be sure and told her excuse me please that's my sit.

I always take a sit by the aisle because i am tall and so can stretch my legs,she had the middle sit and on the third sit there was a very old man and i said hi to him then sat down.

Just siiting down and noticed this girl was restless and kept closing her nose with her hands and chatting fervently on her blackberry,raised her head up and asked me if we can change sits and i told her no. She started looking around urgently for an air hostess,spotted one and asked her if they can move her and they told her the plane was full and all this happening while the plane had not even taxied yet.

So i am wondering what's up with this girl as her restlessness was starting to bother me,especially as she had that first timer traveller look(over dressed to impress or give the impression they are well to do to the immigration at the port of entry)and after a few minutes she stood up to use the rest room and left her BB by my arm rest but i did not notice it.

Later looked at what was poking me and it was her phone glowing with her BB Chat open. Did not mean to read but the first message there caught my attention and this girl had been busy bashing the old man and texting,chatting and telling everybody via her phone that they put a smelly old man close to her.

I did not smell anything so wondering what the girl was smelling. But above all as an African i have respect for old people and even in my private thoughts i dont disrespect them let alone what the girl was doing by holding up her nose and blatantly insulting the old man by letting the old man know she does not want to be close to him.

We all eventually become old and i hope when she gets old people will run away from her.

She tried to make small banters with me but i ignored her and later when we were filling up our landing card,this stupid girl brought out her passport to fill and it was a fresh Nigerian passport and her first Visa was the US one and the old man she was calling a smelly old man brought out his US Passport.

So i am thinking this stupid girl has this attitude and have never even left Nigeria before and how will she behave when she starts living outside Nigeria.

This might sound mean but i prayed she ran into problems at the port of entry with the immigration people,but since she followed the line at the immigration point for visa holders i did not know how it ended.

Why did i get angry and still angry?my parents are very old and travel at least once a year to visit me for medicals and stuff and just the thought that one supid girl will call my parents SMELLY OLD PEOPLE just because they are OLD makes me get mad. That man did not stink and his only offence was being OLD.

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by justwise(m): 4:42pm On Mar 30, 2013
bee444:

No No no, you got it all wrong, the word "Mothersuckers" is actually a joke taken from a comedian (Michael Blackson). People on this forum have sense of humor, hence, they did not complain about it. And regarding "ignorant and unintelligent", how does these two words offend you as a person..not minding what the @poster say? And @paris never called @poster Mothersuckers, he was referring to everyone on the forum. There's an s at the end of that word. The word was a complimentary word.

One way or the other, we're all ignorant at some point. What you don't know, you're ignorant of. @paris is right to say that the @poster's comment is unintelligent. @poster made a remark about Nigerians. When someone say "Most Nigerians", automatically, that's an unintelligent statement.

For once I'd like you to admit your wrong and reinstate @paris10 post. You're not being fair if you don't.

You regard it as a joke, i don't, the word 'mothersucker' is conned out of 'm0therf&cker', its just another way of saying it so as not to get flagged by the system. In comedy many offensive languages are used and people don't complain because its allowed to some limit in that environment.

If he disagrees with the poster about generalizing then he can voice his view without calling him names.

His post will remain hidden.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ishilove: 6:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: What's with this upper case thing,cut the crap mehn.
grin cheesy
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 6:32pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Although I agree totally with you, there is a possibility that she might have been perceiving something from the old man.

You see, women's noses are a lot more sensitive than men's. There are times I am in a place with my male sibs and dad and perceive a particular smell, but when I point it out to them, they tell me they can't perceive anything. Happens all the time.
ah Ishioma,for which theory you learn say women noses dey more sensitive than men own,madam this your lie na real sophisticated one.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Gorrbachev: 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2013
justwise:

But Ile-fe also narrated his observations in Addis Ababa and you hid his post, when he protested you banned him. Why the double standard?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 6:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
adaobi123:
But it's true what he said. Nigerian like to carry overload(not all nigerians but the majority). This a routine everytime I go to Nigeria.
Its you UK and Holland breeds that are fond of overloading luggages,Yankee breeds are always mindful of what they picks except those farmers in Houston and Austin,TX or those ATL agberos.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Its you UK and Holland breeds that are fond of overloading luggages,Yankee breeds are always mindful of what they picks except those farmers in Houston and Austin,TX or those ATL agberos.
grin grin grin
I strictly adhere to the 2 carry-on luggage rule.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
diarra94: bro , its jst that if your flying with some nigerians, they behave like wild animals no order, no silence, oh its just chaos.
Thank God you are also a Nigerian,that makes you inclusive.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: Its you UK and Holland breeds that are fond of overloading luggages,Yankee breeds are always mindful of what they picks except those farmers in Houston and Austin,TX or those ATL agberos.
Guy, e never tire you? grin grin

Nigerians are Nigerians o, whether in NYC or ATL or HOU.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 6:44pm On Mar 30, 2013
Meanwhile, the foreign airlines are milking the country dry. Those airlines made over $1 billion from Nigerian travelers last year.

1 Like

Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ishilove: 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: ah Ishioma,for which theory you learn say women noses dey more sensitive than men own,madam this your lie na real sophisticated one.
Lol. It's a tested and trusted theory. Scientifically proven as a matter of fact
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 6:48pm On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:
grin grin grin
I strictly adhere to the 2 carry-on luggage rule.
Those south-central breeds will always ignore 2 carry-on luggage rule,those guys got serious attitude probs I tell ya.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 6:51pm On Mar 30, 2013
Ishilove:
Lol. It's a tested and trusted theory. Scientifically proven as a matter of fact
wetin be the name of the scientist wey write the theory make I go confirm myself
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by obowunmi(m): 6:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan: Meanwhile, the foreign airlines are milking the country dry. Those airlines made over $1 billion from Nigerian travelers last year.

Their prices are ridiculous. like some SICK sh$%t shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by chucky234(m): 6:55pm On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:

Sorry no vex,I no say you go defend ATL with your last blood,I no talk again you hear.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Ishilove: 6:57pm On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: wetin be the name of the scientist wey write the theory make I go confirm myself
ishilove cool
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 30, 2013
obowunmi:

Their prices are ridiculous. like some SICK sh$%t shocked shocked shocked shocked

I tell you. Those airlines dey hammer for Naija. They know that they've got no strong Nigerian competitor. With the volume of passengers that patronise them, these airlines should consider reducing their fares by 50%.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by kaiye007: 7:14pm On Mar 30, 2013
chucky234: ah Ishioma,for which theory you learn say women noses dey more sensitive than men own,madam this your lie na real sophisticated one.
But do u believe that women are more sensitive than men?
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by obowunmi(m): 7:16pm On Mar 30, 2013
CFCfan:

I tell you. Those airlines dey hammer for Naija. They know that they've got no strong Nigerian competitor. With the volume of passengers that patronise them, these airlines should consider reducing their fares by 50%.

Thank goodness my company pays for my travels but I can't imagine paying $3k/$4k and in some instances 5k dollars for first or business class....that's some sicktard SH$%6T

But companies that serve Nigerians know that we don't have a consumer affairs or an effective consumer advocacy division so they can do to us as they please....

Also with the amount of cash within the system, people are ready. willing, and able to pay cash (smiling like slaves) for these ridiculous prices.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 30, 2013
obowunmi:

Thank goodness my company pays for my travels but I can't imagine paying $3k/$4k and in some instances 5k dollars for first or business class....that's some sicktard SH$%6T

But companies that serve Nigerians know that we don't have a consumer affairs or an effective consumer advocacy division so they can do to us as they please....

Also with the amount of cash within the system, people are ready. willing, and able to pay cash (smiling like slaves) for these ridiculous prices.

I think the bolded prices are fair enough for a First class ticket on a more than 6-hour journey.

The number of top businesspeople and politicians that don't mind paying any amount, encourages these airlines to charge ridiculous fares.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by obowunmi(m): 7:24pm On Mar 30, 2013
^^^ you are not wrong here but an effective consumer affairs division will protect us citizens who want to enjoy first/business class and can't afford it ... tongue tongue
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 7:37pm On Mar 30, 2013
obowunmi: ^^^ you are not wrong here but an effective consumer affairs division will protect us citizens who want to enjoy first/business class and can't afford it ... tongue tongue

For First class ticket, you have to pay out of pocket or be upgraded by the airline in question. First class no be beans o. 40% of Emirates ticket sales come from Business/First Class ticket passengers.
I believe BA and Virgin have what they call 'Premium Economy', which is more comfortable than Economy class tongue

On the Consumer Affairs Division, the NCAA already has one, but like u said, we don't know how effective it is.
Re: 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes by Nobody: 7:38pm On Mar 30, 2013
ItsModella:

Abi ? Issokay my friend, I've heard you

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Passengers Transported With Wheelbarrows At Rumuokoro Flyover In Port Harcourt / Petr Kellner Dies In Helicopter Crash / 1,200 Years Old Strange Mummy Tied In Net Rope Discovered In Peru(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.